Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 49637 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 15:58 - Sep 22 with 2973 viewsCliff

SKY on 15:22 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

None of this maths stuff was taught in schools, right?

Depends on how long you stayed at school and what subjects you took!
SKY on 16:15 - Sep 22 with 2916 viewsrrrspricey

I believe it was this outrageous comment made by Flo in response to the club's statement

SKY on 16:20 - Sep 22 with 2896 viewsCliff

SKY on 16:15 - Sep 22 by rrrspricey

I believe it was this outrageous comment made by Flo in response to the club's statement

Oi, try and keep this political / football stuff off the maths thread!
SKY on 16:30 - Sep 22 with 2850 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 14:40 - Sep 22 by Cliff

On the subject of primes, I've always liked Euclid's proof for the existence of an infinite number of primes. Over 2,000 years old as well!

... and beautifully simple.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:31]
SKY on 17:10 - Sep 22 with 2733 viewsswitchingcode

Very good response from Sir Les SKY should hang their head in shame
SKY on 17:53 - Sep 22 with 2673 viewsCliff

SKY on 16:30 - Sep 22 by QPR_John

... and beautifully simple.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:31]

Agreed
SKY on 18:09 - Sep 22 with 2623 viewsRangersDave

But how many of us still have a sky contract?

Feeding the beast that bites you. By the way, i cancelled mine, that'll teach em!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

SKY on 18:25 - Sep 22 with 2578 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 18:09 - Sep 22 by RangersDave

Feeding the beast that bites you. By the way, i cancelled mine, that'll teach em!

I got rid of sky in 2009.
11 years ago.
11 is a prime number......
Coincidence?
Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 19:08 - Sep 22 with 2497 viewsGroveR

SKY on 18:25 - Sep 22 by QPRKirty

I got rid of sky in 2009.
11 years ago.
11 is a prime number......
Coincidence?

00000011 is 3 in base 2
3 is the number of times I'd walk past a burning Sky HQ before considering pìssing on it.
Coincidence...?
SKY on 19:18 - Sep 22 with 2466 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 19:08 - Sep 22 by GroveR

00000011 is 3 in base 2
3 is the number of times I'd walk past a burning Sky HQ before considering pìssing on it.
Coincidence...?

I think not! Especially with your avatar.....
SKY on 20:42 - Sep 22 with 2336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 15:40 - Sep 22 by Newhopphoops

Wikipedia - I'm blagging it tbh :)

I'm only just realising how much I slept through!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 2265 viewsqpr_1968

SKY on 19:18 - Sep 22 by QPRKirty

I think not! Especially with your avatar.....

we only need to know the first 5 prime numbers.

number one can eff off.

end of thread.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

SKY on 21:34 - Sep 22 with 2211 viewsMyke

SKY on 20:42 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm only just realising how much I slept through!

Me too - once they started putting letters into Maths I was lost. I hate Maths with a passion. My sister taught it for 40 years. I've been teaching English for 10. When we were kids, I did her English homework and she did my Maths. It clearly was meant to be!
SKY on 21:35 - Sep 22 with 2208 viewsngbqpr

SKY on 14:07 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

"Renni Edo-Lodge - Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race
Layla Saad - Me and White Supremacy: How to Recognise Privilege, Combat Racism and Change the World"

Are you serious?

Professional race baiters are the sole evidence of systemic racism. Ok you win I give up.

Yes I am being serious.

Have you read any of these books, or are you just pre-judging them?

I have said nothing about 'sole evidence'. But take the time to read just one of these, and you may encounter some arguments about systemic racism you've not heard before.

Alternatively, ignore the books, ignore what the club's DoF is saying, come on a message board and claim without anything to back it up that "The narrative is that this is a completely racist country", and that in your humble opinion, this situation is "a load of absolute cnt"

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

SKY on 21:45 - Sep 22 with 2173 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 21:34 - Sep 22 by Myke

Me too - once they started putting letters into Maths I was lost. I hate Maths with a passion. My sister taught it for 40 years. I've been teaching English for 10. When we were kids, I did her English homework and she did my Maths. It clearly was meant to be!

"Me too - once they started putting letters into Maths I was lost." - Great line.

Sums me up perfectly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 00:31 - Sep 23 with 2057 viewshamptonhillhoop

SKY on 18:09 - Sep 22 by RangersDave

I'm really struggling with this at the moment Dave. Want to get rid on moral grounds but really love my cricket. Becoming less and less fussed about the football
SKY on 00:32 - Sep 23 with 2056 viewshamptonhillhoop

SKY on 21:45 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

"Me too - once they started putting letters into Maths I was lost." - Great line.

Sums me up perfectly.

Yep, me too. I think I missed a calling as a darts scorer
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 0:33]
SKY on 02:52 - Sep 23 with 2023 viewsnoauthority

SKY on 12:18 - Sep 22 by ngbqpr

Yes systemic racism is at the root of this. There's plenty of enlightening reading out there on the subject.

Akala - Natives: Race & Class in the Ruins of Empire
Afua Hirsch - Brit(ish): On Race, Identity & Belonging
Renni Edo-Lodge - Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race
Layla Saad - Me and White Supremacy: How to Recognise Privilege, Combat Racism and Change the World
Ibram X Kendi - How to be an Anti-Racist

This is an excellent counter point to the Critical Social Justice stance.

Much more balanced imo, the host does go on too much in the last half but some heavyweight black intellectuals are featured.

[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:01]
SKY on 07:34 - Sep 23 with 1882 viewsbakerloo8

SKY on 21:35 - Sep 22 by ngbqpr

Yes I am being serious.

I have said nothing about 'sole evidence'. But take the time to read just one of these, and you may encounter some arguments about systemic racism you've not heard before.

Alternatively, ignore the books, ignore what the club's DoF is saying, come on a message board and claim without anything to back it up that "The narrative is that this is a completely racist country", and that in your humble opinion, this situation is "a load of absolute cnt"

So by your logic unless you have read Mein Kampf you know nothing about Facism or the Nazis. Yes?

Absolute baloney.
SKY on 08:11 - Sep 23 with 1833 viewsMaggsinho

SKY on 07:34 - Sep 23 by bakerloo8

So by your logic unless you have read Mein Kampf you know nothing about Facism or the Nazis. Yes?

Absolute baloney.

I think you can learn enough about Facism or the Nazis by a simple reading of history.

Unless you can point to such evident carnage wrought by Renni Edo-Lodge or Layla Saad then yes, you probably do need to read their books to understand their viewpoint.
SKY on 08:12 - Sep 23 with 1831 viewswestberksr

SKY on 13:32 - Sep 22 by QPR_John

You have a point. I know this is boring most on this thread so let's leave it defining one as a trivial non prime factor.

other than the Frankie thread; the prime numbers....... discuss; is the best thing on here for a very long time.
SKY on 10:21 - Sep 23 with 1693 viewsbakerloo8

SKY on 08:11 - Sep 23 by Maggsinho

I think you can learn enough about Facism or the Nazis by a simple reading of history.

Unless you can point to such evident carnage wrought by Renni Edo-Lodge or Layla Saad then yes, you probably do need to read their books to understand their viewpoint.

No, the point is you are trying to rubbish someone's opinion because they havent read books that you deem a requirement on the subject.

Pretty pathetic imo.
SKY on 10:35 - Sep 23 with 1662 viewsjohnhoop

SKY on 02:52 - Sep 23 by noauthority

This is an excellent counter point to the Critical Social Justice stance.

Much more balanced imo, the host does go on too much in the last half but some heavyweight black intellectuals are featured.

[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:01]

Thanks for posting this, it looks really interesting. In particular I’d never heard of Chloé Valdary and her “Theory of Enchantment” anti- racism training, which is based on principles that I wholeheartedly agree with.
A very good book on this topic is the recently published “Cynical Theories:How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race,Gender and Identity-and why this harms Everybody” by Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay.
SKY on 11:08 - Sep 23 with 1601 viewsClive_Anderson

SKY on 21:35 - Sep 22 by ngbqpr

Yes I am being serious.

Well Renni Edo-Lodge can't even get through the title of her book "Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race" without a racist dig at white people.

If someone wrote a counter argument book called "Why I no longer listen to black people about racism" there would be uproar over the racist title.

But maybe the title is just designed to controversy and the contents are more balanced, so let's see what Trevor Phillips (who I suspect will have a lot more time for the book then me) had to say about it in his review:

"she probes some of these delicately knotted issues with all the subtlety of a blunderbuss."

"In her eyes, if a white person beats a black person to a job, anyone who suggests that competence might be a factor must be “defending whiteness”."

"The disappointment is that a writer of this generation has so little to offer beyond the multiculturalist clichés some of us invented three decades ago and abandoned after 9/11 and 7/7. But the failure of today’s liberals to confront new realities in identity politics has left some appearing to tolerate positions which are at best risible, and at worst simply disgusting. The abuse of white children by largely Asian gangs, exposed by The Times’s Andrew Norfolk, is, dismayingly, dismissed by Eddo-Lodge as a consequence of “Western objectification of female flesh [focusing] heavily on whiteness and on youth”."

"Race does matter, and we do need to talk about it; but not like this, I’m afraid."

Honestly if you're just relying on race baiting commentators like this to form your opinion, it's no surprise that you see racism everywhere.
SKY on 11:26 - Sep 23 with 1560 viewsMaggsinho

SKY on 10:21 - Sep 23 by bakerloo8

No, the point is you are trying to rubbish someone's opinion because they havent read books that you deem a requirement on the subject.

Pretty pathetic imo.

Hold on, no, I'm not.

I'm saying you need to read a book before understanding it and criticising it and the author. That's not the same as saying you need to read Mein Kampf to understand the Nazis were the bad guys.

I'm sure Northern wants this debate like a hole in the head so I'll leave it there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024