Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 49635 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 09:46 - Sep 22 with 1940 viewsdaveB

SKY on 08:27 - Sep 22 by St_Pollock

God knows.

With Flo it may be something ridiculous/disgraceful she said or someone still p issed off with what she said about our fans.

I've had on on block for nearly a couple of years because she's a fruitcake.

On the Podcast a year or so ago she said something along the lines of there not being many black fans at QPR and rather than people point out she was not correct they lost their shit at her
SKY on 09:49 - Sep 22 with 1918 viewsMaggsinho

SKY on 09:44 - Sep 22 by bakerloo8

Doesn't mean he is wrong though.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 9:45]

Correct, although I do think he's wrong.

It does mean however that he is coming from a predetermined position and his words and opinions on this subject should be treated with caution and interrogated carefully rather than thrown in and used as a defining fact.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 9:49]
SKY on 09:50 - Sep 22 with 1905 viewsstevec

SKY on 08:27 - Sep 22 by St_Pollock

God knows.

With Flo it may be something ridiculous/disgraceful she said or someone still p issed off with what she said about our fans.

I've had on on block for nearly a couple of years because she's a fruitcake.

Ok. Must admit I hadn’t heard of Flo until I started listening to the podcast where the vibe I got is she’s largely let on there as background noise. For me, bit of a shame as be nice to know what she has to say, wise or otherwise, then we could all have a chance to form a clearer opinion on her.

As far as twitter goes it sounds to me that if someone is sensitive about responses then don’t use it as a medium. Get a little tired of those who bandy around the bile piled on them when the solution is staring them in the face.
SKY on 09:57 - Sep 22 with 1865 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 09:46 - Sep 22 by daveB

On the Podcast a year or so ago she said something along the lines of there not being many black fans at QPR and rather than people point out she was not correct they lost their shit at her

Yes, that's my recollection too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 10:00 - Sep 22 with 1843 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 09:50 - Sep 22 by stevec

Ok. Must admit I hadn’t heard of Flo until I started listening to the podcast where the vibe I got is she’s largely let on there as background noise. For me, bit of a shame as be nice to know what she has to say, wise or otherwise, then we could all have a chance to form a clearer opinion on her.

As far as twitter goes it sounds to me that if someone is sensitive about responses then don’t use it as a medium. Get a little tired of those who bandy around the bile piled on them when the solution is staring them in the face.

I think she's excellent on the podcast and I like when she's on it. I think she knows her football, doesn't coat our players and is usually light-hearted and chilled.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 10:14 - Sep 22 with 1767 viewsstevec

SKY on 10:00 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I think she's excellent on the podcast and I like when she's on it. I think she knows her football, doesn't coat our players and is usually light-hearted and chilled.

Fair enough Brian, I’ve only started listening this year.
SKY on 10:31 - Sep 22 with 1693 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 00:25 - Sep 22 by gingerranger

I know 11 is a prime number. A prime number is a number that can be divided by two integers.

I don't know how you think that helps with your plan to get the right proportion of each race on the pitch. 3.4% of the UK population is black. So would it be better to have a team of ten and have 34% of one player be black? Or a team of eleven and 37.4% of one player be black?

Oh hang on. We could field a team of 500 and have 17 black players. That's all making sense now.

"I know 11 is a prime number. A prime number is a number that can be divided by two integers. "

Not quite correct. A prime number is one that can only be divided by one and itself.
SKY on 10:32 - Sep 22 with 1686 viewsClive_Anderson

SKY on 09:08 - Sep 22 by Cliff

"some drug addled criminal was killed by some cop on the other side of the planet"

Does this point to you being a racist - probably.

Does it show you to be a contemptible human being - definitely

Lol of course anyone questioning this stuff is called a racist.

It's got to the twitter parody account stage of "asking for evidence of racism is evidence of racism"

It's almost a religion now with taking the knee replacing hail marys as penance.

Someone please explain why the murder of George Floyd on another continent is more significant than the murder of Jacob Billington and numerous others in this country, because I genuinely don't understand it.
Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 10:40 - Sep 22 with 1651 viewsMaggsinho

SKY on 10:32 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

It's got to the twitter parody account stage of "asking for evidence of racism is evidence of racism"

It's almost a religion now with taking the knee replacing hail marys as penance.

Someone please explain why the murder of George Floyd on another continent is more significant than the murder of Jacob Billington and numerous others in this country, because I genuinely don't understand it.

George Floyd being killed by the police is probably a good place to start.
SKY on 10:48 - Sep 22 with 1598 viewsngbqpr

SKY on 10:40 - Sep 22 by Maggsinho

That and several centuries of systemic one-way racism.

Clive Anderson, happy to recommend several books on the subject which I for one have found very helpful in getting my head round it.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

SKY on 10:56 - Sep 22 with 1561 viewsClive_Anderson

SKY on 10:40 - Sep 22 by Maggsinho

I am confused. A murder in a country a long way away that's got nothing to do with us is more significant that murders that happen here....because the police did it. That's the argument?
SKY on 11:03 - Sep 22 with 1540 viewsNW5Hoop

SKY on 10:32 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

Because it's very, very, very much rarer for someone to be killed for being white in western nations than it is for someone to be killed for being black. Black Lives Matter isn't about George Floyd (and it doesn't matter if George Floyd was a criminal or not; the police don't get to decide how to apply justice), it's about systemic discrimination. So more black people are killed by other black people than by the police? Why? Is it at least in part because black communities on both sides of the Atlantic see significantly less resources — healthcare, policing, education — dedicated to their communities, with a commensurate move towards criminality? Well, yes, it is. And, yes, asking for evidence of racism is pretty much of evidence of racism, because racism is pervasive in our society. And those who deny it tend to have an agenda.
SKY on 11:03 - Sep 22 with 1539 viewsMaggsinho

SKY on 10:56 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

I am confused. A murder in a country a long way away that's got nothing to do with us is more significant that murders that happen here....because the police did it. That's the argument?

Correct. Well done on understanding.
SKY on 11:07 - Sep 22 with 1520 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 10:31 - Sep 22 by QPR_John

"I know 11 is a prime number. A prime number is a number that can be divided by two integers. "

Not quite correct. A prime number is one that can only be divided by one and itself.

Not quite correct either, a prime number has two (and only two) distinct factors.
SKY on 11:08 - Sep 22 with 1516 viewsCliff

SKY on 10:56 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

Why is a murder is a city I don't live in more relevant than a murder in country I don't live in?

The answer: It's not really. What separates the two is the circumstances of the murder. In both cases the murderer should be brought to justice, and I'm sure if they find them most murderers they will be, including the one you mentioned in Liverpool. However when the murderer is one of the people normally tasked with finding and bringing the murderers to justice things get a bit more complicated, and it would appear a major public outcry is necessary.
SKY on 11:08 - Sep 22 with 1516 viewsMaggsinho

SKY on 11:07 - Sep 22 by QPRKirty

Not quite correct either, a prime number has two (and only two) distinct factors.

This is quite possibly the most brilliant tangential argument I've seen in a thread before.

SKY on 11:13 - Sep 22 with 1490 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 11:08 - Sep 22 by Maggsinho

This is quite possibly the most brilliant tangential argument I've seen in a thread before.

Fame at last!
We're not allowed ambiguity in maths, this definition removes 1 from the list of primes.
SKY on 11:14 - Sep 22 with 1484 viewsMick_S

This calls for a Carol Vorderman photo.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

SKY on 11:21 - Sep 22 with 1442 viewsSharpy36

SKY on 11:14 - Sep 22 by Mick_S

No, tell us about Sue perkins again

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

SKY on 11:23 - Sep 22 with 1441 viewsMick_S

SKY on 11:21 - Sep 22 by Sharpy36

No, tell us about Sue perkins again

She disappeared on our flight. It's a mystery.

SKY on 11:23 - Sep 22 with 1439 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 11:14 - Sep 22 by Mick_S

She certainly has two distinct factors....
SKY on 11:28 - Sep 22 with 1406 viewsMick_S

SKY on 11:30 - Sep 22 with 1385 viewsSharpy36

SKY on 11:23 - Sep 22 by Mick_S

She disappeared on our flight. It's a mystery.

She was spotted walking a border down Mexico way.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

SKY on 11:40 - Sep 22 with 1339 viewsClive_Anderson

SKY on 11:03 - Sep 22 by NW5Hoop

Because it's very, very, very much rarer for someone to be killed for being white in western nations than it is for someone to be killed for being black. Black Lives Matter isn't about George Floyd (and it doesn't matter if George Floyd was a criminal or not; the police don't get to decide how to apply justice), it's about systemic discrimination. So more black people are killed by other black people than by the police? Why? Is it at least in part because black communities on both sides of the Atlantic see significantly less resources — healthcare, policing, education — dedicated to their communities, with a commensurate move towards criminality? Well, yes, it is. And, yes, asking for evidence of racism is pretty much of evidence of racism, because racism is pervasive in our society. And those who deny it tend to have an agenda.

It seems like mostly a circular argument to me where the starting point is that you believe in systemic racism and that racism is pervasive and all one way and all conclusions follow from that.

If someone disagrees with these points or asks where the evidence is for it, they just get told that it is because of systemic racism or get called racist. Or they get pointed to historical racism as evidence that there is rampant racism today. Can you see why people are sceptical of these claims?

"Because it's very, very, very much rarer for someone to be killed for being white in western nations than it is for someone to be killed for being black. "

Is there any evidence George Floyd was killed because he was black?

In the US more white people are killed by police than black people, but more black people are killed per capita. On the other hand, when people are involved in armed confrontation with police the police are more likely to kill a white person than a black one.

"Is it at least in part because black communities on both sides of the Atlantic see significantly less resources — healthcare, policing, education"

Really? That surprises me as most black people live in London which has the highest government funding per capita in England. What is the difference in funding per capita for black people?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 11:41]
SKY on 12:06 - Sep 22 with 1222 viewsCliff

SKY on 11:40 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

It seems like mostly a circular argument to me where the starting point is that you believe in systemic racism and that racism is pervasive and all one way and all conclusions follow from that.

If someone disagrees with these points or asks where the evidence is for it, they just get told that it is because of systemic racism or get called racist. Or they get pointed to historical racism as evidence that there is rampant racism today. Can you see why people are sceptical of these claims?

"Because it's very, very, very much rarer for someone to be killed for being white in western nations than it is for someone to be killed for being black. "

Is there any evidence George Floyd was killed because he was black?

In the US more white people are killed by police than black people, but more black people are killed per capita. On the other hand, when people are involved in armed confrontation with police the police are more likely to kill a white person than a black one.

"Is it at least in part because black communities on both sides of the Atlantic see significantly less resources — healthcare, policing, education"

Really? That surprises me as most black people live in London which has the highest government funding per capita in England. What is the difference in funding per capita for black people?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 11:41]

"Is there any evidence George Floyd was killed because he was black?"

I believe there is statistical evidence, or at least it has been reported as being so.

"In the US more white people are killed by police than black people, but more black people are killed per capita. On the other hand, when people are involved in armed confrontation with police the police are more likely to kill a white person than a black one."

Have you got a reference for this?

"That surprises me as most black people live in London which has the highest government funding per capita in England. What is the difference in funding per capita for black people?"

It's always easy to find a exception, that doesn't mean the general principal is unfounded.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024