Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 49634 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 12:18 - Sep 22 with 2131 viewsngbqpr

SKY on 11:40 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

It seems like mostly a circular argument to me where the starting point is that you believe in systemic racism and that racism is pervasive and all one way and all conclusions follow from that.

If someone disagrees with these points or asks where the evidence is for it, they just get told that it is because of systemic racism or get called racist. Or they get pointed to historical racism as evidence that there is rampant racism today. Can you see why people are sceptical of these claims?

"Because it's very, very, very much rarer for someone to be killed for being white in western nations than it is for someone to be killed for being black. "

Is there any evidence George Floyd was killed because he was black?

In the US more white people are killed by police than black people, but more black people are killed per capita. On the other hand, when people are involved in armed confrontation with police the police are more likely to kill a white person than a black one.

"Is it at least in part because black communities on both sides of the Atlantic see significantly less resources — healthcare, policing, education"

Really? That surprises me as most black people live in London which has the highest government funding per capita in England. What is the difference in funding per capita for black people?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 11:41]

Yes systemic racism is at the root of this. There's plenty of enlightening reading out there on the subject.

Akala - Natives: Race & Class in the Ruins of Empire
Afua Hirsch - Brit(ish): On Race, Identity & Belonging
Renni Edo-Lodge - Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race
Layla Saad - Me and White Supremacy: How to Recognise Privilege, Combat Racism and Change the World
Ibram X Kendi - How to be an Anti-Racist

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

SKY on 12:29 - Sep 22 with 2080 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 11:07 - Sep 22 by QPRKirty

Not quite correct either, a prime number has two (and only two) distinct factors.

Is that not what I said. One and itself amounts to two numbers. One is not classed as a factor as if accepted as such it would invalidate the Fundamental Theorem Arithmatic
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 12:39]
SKY on 12:33 - Sep 22 with 2057 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 12:29 - Sep 22 by QPR_John

Is that not what I said. One and itself amounts to two numbers. One is not classed as a factor as if accepted as such it would invalidate the Fundamental Theorem Arithmatic
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 12:39]

No.
One is a factor of every number.
One isn't a prime number.
SKY on 12:36 - Sep 22 with 2040 viewsQPR_Jim

SKY on 11:40 - Sep 22 by Clive_Anderson

It seems like mostly a circular argument to me where the starting point is that you believe in systemic racism and that racism is pervasive and all one way and all conclusions follow from that.

If someone disagrees with these points or asks where the evidence is for it, they just get told that it is because of systemic racism or get called racist. Or they get pointed to historical racism as evidence that there is rampant racism today. Can you see why people are sceptical of these claims?

"Because it's very, very, very much rarer for someone to be killed for being white in western nations than it is for someone to be killed for being black. "

Is there any evidence George Floyd was killed because he was black?

In the US more white people are killed by police than black people, but more black people are killed per capita. On the other hand, when people are involved in armed confrontation with police the police are more likely to kill a white person than a black one.

"Is it at least in part because black communities on both sides of the Atlantic see significantly less resources — healthcare, policing, education"

Really? That surprises me as most black people live in London which has the highest government funding per capita in England. What is the difference in funding per capita for black people?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 11:41]

"Really? That surprises me as most black people live in London which has the highest government funding per capita in England."

How much of that funding is to TFL? Having buses and an underground system doesn't really help you much for education and healthcare. Maybe need a bit more of a breakdown of how this finding is spent before we can assume that it's benefiting the residents in the right way.
SKY on 12:38 - Sep 22 with 2028 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 12:33 - Sep 22 by QPRKirty

No.
One is a factor of every number.
One isn't a prime number.

I change my earlier post and answered why one is not classed as a factor.
SKY on 12:48 - Sep 22 with 1991 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 12:38 - Sep 22 by QPR_John

I change my earlier post and answered why one is not classed as a factor.

One being a factor doesn't invalidate the FTA.
Every integer > 1 can be expressed as a unique product of prime factors.
SKY on 13:32 - Sep 22 with 1918 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 12:48 - Sep 22 by QPRKirty

One being a factor doesn't invalidate the FTA.
Every integer > 1 can be expressed as a unique product of prime factors.

You have a point. I know this is boring most on this thread so let's leave it defining one as a trivial non prime factor.
SKY on 13:37 - Sep 22 with 1890 viewsaston_hoop

SKY on 13:32 - Sep 22 by QPR_John

You have a point. I know this is boring most on this thread so let's leave it defining one as a trivial non prime factor.

Its pretty much the highlight of this thread for me.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 13:46 - Sep 22 with 1851 viewsNorthernr

SKY on 13:37 - Sep 22 by aston_hoop

Its pretty much the highlight of this thread for me.

Same.
SKY on 13:59 - Sep 22 with 1816 viewsClive_Anderson

SKY on 12:06 - Sep 22 by Cliff

"Is there any evidence George Floyd was killed because he was black?"

I believe there is statistical evidence, or at least it has been reported as being so.

"In the US more white people are killed by police than black people, but more black people are killed per capita. On the other hand, when people are involved in armed confrontation with police the police are more likely to kill a white person than a black one."

Have you got a reference for this?

"That surprises me as most black people live in London which has the highest government funding per capita in England. What is the difference in funding per capita for black people?"

It's always easy to find a exception, that doesn't mean the general principal is unfounded.

"Have you got a reference for this?"

Yes the most comprehensive study in the US found no racial bias about who the police kill. The study is here and Wall Street Journal comment on it can be found here:

https://archive.is/wuc2c
http://archive.is/JDNxE

"It's always easy to find a exception, that doesn't mean the general principal is unfounded."

Yes agreed, I just said it surprised me so I was asking about it. As NW5 made the claim that black people have less government resources spent on them I'd be interested where he got the figures from.

If he just stated that with no evidence to back it up then he should probably apply for a job working at the Guardian
SKY on 14:01 - Sep 22 with 1810 viewsR_from_afar

Anyone seen the latest odds for the various prime number definitions?

I bet SkyBet are all over it, having succeeded in getting us bickering over race issues and esoteric maths stuff in a thread which was meant to be about how evil they are.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

SKY on 14:07 - Sep 22 with 1779 viewsClive_Anderson

SKY on 12:18 - Sep 22 by ngbqpr

Yes systemic racism is at the root of this. There's plenty of enlightening reading out there on the subject.

Akala - Natives: Race & Class in the Ruins of Empire
Afua Hirsch - Brit(ish): On Race, Identity & Belonging
Renni Edo-Lodge - Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race
Layla Saad - Me and White Supremacy: How to Recognise Privilege, Combat Racism and Change the World
Ibram X Kendi - How to be an Anti-Racist

"Renni Edo-Lodge - Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race
Layla Saad - Me and White Supremacy: How to Recognise Privilege, Combat Racism and Change the World"

Are you serious?

Professional race baiters are the sole evidence of systemic racism. Ok you win I give up.
SKY on 14:11 - Sep 22 with 1763 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 14:01 - Sep 22 by R_from_afar

I bet SkyBet are all over it, having succeeded in getting us bickering over race issues and esoteric maths stuff in a thread which was meant to be about how evil they are.

SKY on 14:14 - Sep 22 with 1752 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 13:32 - Sep 22 by QPR_John

One isn't trivial!
SKY on 14:14 - Sep 22 with 1749 viewsNewhopphoops

SKY on 11:08 - Sep 22 by Maggsinho

This is quite possibly the most brilliant tangential argument I've seen in a thread before.

Technically it's a parallel argument, unless the one it touches on is going round in a circle. Oh hang on...
SKY on 14:14 - Sep 22 with 1742 viewsDiscodroids

From prime numbers to 'White privilege'. From Flo Lloyd hughes to Sue Perkins. From Gammons to cucks and soys...

This bloody threads a bloody swine, Northern should draw a bloody line.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 15:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

SKY on 14:24 - Sep 22 with 1695 viewsQPRKirty

SKY on 14:14 - Sep 22 by Newhopphoops

Technically it's a parallel argument, unless the one it touches on is going round in a circle. Oh hang on...

But we're ok, parallel lines can be curved
SKY on 14:26 - Sep 22 with 1684 viewsR_from_afar

SKY on 14:14 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

From prime numbers to 'White privilege'. From Flo Lloyd hughes to Sue Perkins. From Gammons to cucks and soys...

This bloody threads a bloody swine, Northern should draw a bloody line.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 15:03]

Does this help? Maths and Carol all rolled into one.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

SKY on 14:30 - Sep 22 with 1663 viewsMick_S

Fill yer boots - lovely bit of casual maths half way through from CV.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

SKY on 14:36 - Sep 22 with 1625 viewsDiscodroids

SKY on 14:26 - Sep 22 by R_from_afar

Does this help? Maths and Carol all rolled into one.

Cheers my old friend... It's just that I've had John Cooper Clarke's 'Evidently Chickentown' running through my head since about page 8 of this thread

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

SKY on 14:40 - Sep 22 with 1611 viewsCliff

SKY on 14:01 - Sep 22 by R_from_afar

On the subject of primes, I've always liked Euclid's proof for the existence of an infinite number of primes. Over 2,000 years old as well!
SKY on 15:20 - Sep 22 with 1538 viewsNewhopphoops

SKY on 14:24 - Sep 22 by QPRKirty

But we're ok, parallel lines can be curved

Well if that's how we're going to play it the maths argument doesn't even need to be rational
SKY on 15:22 - Sep 22 with 1529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

None of this maths stuff was taught in schools, right?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 15:35 - Sep 22 with 1479 viewsCliff

SKY on 15:20 - Sep 22 by Newhopphoops

Well if that's how we're going to play it the maths argument doesn't even need to be rational

A man goes to the doctor and the doctor after examining him asks "On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the pain?"

The man thinks for a minute and says "Pi".

"Pi" the doctor replies "that's an unusual reply, why do you say that?"

"Well" says the man "it's relatively low level but it just goes on and on."
SKY on 15:40 - Sep 22 with 1467 viewsNewhopphoops

SKY on 15:22 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

None of this maths stuff was taught in schools, right?

Wikipedia - I'm blagging it tbh :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024