Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. 17:59 - Sep 23 with 6232 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Senate Finance and Homeland Security Committees Release report on Hunter Biden, Burisma and Corruption.
The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:28 - Sep 29 with 600 viewsProfessor

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:23 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus

So you finally give a wishy-washy answer and run off so there can be no discussion on your answer?

No offence but that sounds like nonsense to me. So what your saying is black scientists don't get the same opportunities or recognition - but can't show that or prove it in any way at all?

That is the issue with the likes of BLM and the Democrats putting racism in peoples minds that doesn't exist. If a white scientist doesn't get recognition or an opportunity then its just the way it is, if someone black experiences the same thing then it must be due to racism, what evidence is there that this is due to racism or oppression?

This was seen in the recent police shootings. Every one was labelled as race related, sheer lunacy. Yet when white people are shot by police nobody cares, how can both incidents be treated so differently?

It's a huge issue and those mental chains will continue to cause problems the more people promote this nonsense.

I completely agree if you do not have equal rights then you are being oppressed... but there is no right afforded to one race that isn't to another in America. Not one.

But you knew that.

So why do professional. highly qualified people believe this?

All delusional. Or just you. Blinded by your narcism and views?
The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:34 - Sep 29 with 594 viewsonehunglow

The more I read on this site ,the less I know.

I want genuinely black people to be treated with equality and respect but BLM has affected my psyche and I dont like it.

Im very uncomfortable with Black Lives Matter .

No race should be more "equal" and those brought up on racist stereotypes like me have to be educated and encouraged rather than being pilloried,which is what I see.

ALL colonialism was a stain on humanity but Britain wasnt the worst culprit.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:38 - Sep 29 with 588 viewsProfessor

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:34 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

The more I read on this site ,the less I know.

I want genuinely black people to be treated with equality and respect but BLM has affected my psyche and I dont like it.

Im very uncomfortable with Black Lives Matter .

No race should be more "equal" and those brought up on racist stereotypes like me have to be educated and encouraged rather than being pilloried,which is what I see.

ALL colonialism was a stain on humanity but Britain wasnt the worst culprit.

That's a fair point. I have enormous issues with the organisation, but support the principles of equality and ending racism. The danger is baby and bathwater.
The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:40 - Sep 29 with 587 viewsDr_Parnassus

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:28 - Sep 29 by Professor

Why do those ones believe that, you mean? You will have to ask them. Sounds a bizarre thing to believe though.

Professional highly qualified people believe in BLM too, you don't though. Yet you don't see that as delusional, do you?

Are you suggesting that it is only me that knows there ins't oppression in America? I think you may find you are probably a few billion wide of the mark there.

Like I said, who are the oppressors and where is the oppression? All races have highly professional people that don't feel they get recognition, members of all races will feel others get more opportunities... or do you think that just happens to black people?

Do you see the illogical fallacy there?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:49 - Sep 29 with 584 viewschad

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:28 - Sep 29 by Professor

I suppose you could argue that being highly professionally and educationally qualified can lead to a sort of narcissistic self belief, that might be seen to be akin to the old notion of white superiority.

Common sense / intelligence is far from the sole domain of the qualified. In fact sometimes the rarified atmosphere of academia can preclude the former. I know from experience in graduate recruitment (and certainly unfairly to some graduates) some employers would actively shun 1st class graduates as they saw them as less practical.
The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:59 - Sep 29 with 575 viewsProfessor

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:49 - Sep 29 by chad

I suppose you could argue that being highly professionally and educationally qualified can lead to a sort of narcissistic self belief, that might be seen to be akin to the old notion of white superiority.

Common sense / intelligence is far from the sole domain of the qualified. In fact sometimes the rarified atmosphere of academia can preclude the former. I know from experience in graduate recruitment (and certainly unfairly to some graduates) some employers would actively shun 1st class graduates as they saw them as less practical.

This can be true. A lot of vet practices won't employ Cambridge grads as all academic and less pragmatic!

It's variable of course. The main person I know is the most pragmatic Vet School head I know. I take her opinion seriously. She does not consider people to be outright racist (as she said they were when a child), but felt the 'system' was still a problem-I guess what may be considered institutional racism. She also felt it was changing, but too slowly for younger people-perhaps a driver of the anger. She moved from Athens to Blacksburg a few years ago- was hoping to visit the year, but we all know what has happened.
The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 11:58 - Sep 29 with 555 viewsDr_Parnassus

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 10:59 - Sep 29 by Professor

This can be true. A lot of vet practices won't employ Cambridge grads as all academic and less pragmatic!

It's variable of course. The main person I know is the most pragmatic Vet School head I know. I take her opinion seriously. She does not consider people to be outright racist (as she said they were when a child), but felt the 'system' was still a problem-I guess what may be considered institutional racism. She also felt it was changing, but too slowly for younger people-perhaps a driver of the anger. She moved from Athens to Blacksburg a few years ago- was hoping to visit the year, but we all know what has happened.

''Felt'', that's the issue in a nutshell with all this.

Science is about fact, data and analysis. Maybe that's the issue with them not getting employed or taken seriously in the scientific field? I can't think of too many credible scientists of any kind that put feelings above actual provable fact.

Institutional racism is far too broad a term and often used intentionally to not be committed to specifics. If there is institutional racism you will be able to pin point areas of individual racists and racist practices, but nobody seems to be able to?

Same with you yesterday, you called me a racist for whatever reason you chose - as I have displayed nothing of the sort. I challenged you on it and you said, it was your opinion, a feeling. That is not how you determine someone is a racist.

Common decency suggests someone is not a racist UNTIL demonstrated otherwise. Your scientific friends and yourself seem to have skipped that part of common sense and decency and just blame racism and label people racists on wild hunches.

Racism isn't a feeling and neither is oppression. If oppression exists in America, it could be demonstrated, it would be consistent and would be able to be replicated, which of course would also show in relevant data.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 12:07]

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 12:22 - Sep 29 with 540 viewsProfessor

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 11:58 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus

''Felt'', that's the issue in a nutshell with all this.

Science is about fact, data and analysis. Maybe that's the issue with them not getting employed or taken seriously in the scientific field? I can't think of too many credible scientists of any kind that put feelings above actual provable fact.

Institutional racism is far too broad a term and often used intentionally to not be committed to specifics. If there is institutional racism you will be able to pin point areas of individual racists and racist practices, but nobody seems to be able to?

Same with you yesterday, you called me a racist for whatever reason you chose - as I have displayed nothing of the sort. I challenged you on it and you said, it was your opinion, a feeling. That is not how you determine someone is a racist.

Common decency suggests someone is not a racist UNTIL demonstrated otherwise. Your scientific friends and yourself seem to have skipped that part of common sense and decency and just blame racism and label people racists on wild hunches.

Racism isn't a feeling and neither is oppression. If oppression exists in America, it could be demonstrated, it would be consistent and would be able to be replicated, which of course would also show in relevant data.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 12:07]

Don't presume to lecture scientists about science. I'm talking of experienced department heads, representatives on AVMA management board. Internationally recognised as research leaders. People who know what a real evidence base is. People with a long track record of excellence.

Good science is not just about facts. Its about context, how its fits with the world and engages society. But then you would not know that. As you are not a scientist are you?
Login to get fewer ads

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 12:27 - Sep 29 with 539 viewsProfessor

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 12:22 - Sep 29 by Professor

Don't presume to lecture scientists about science. I'm talking of experienced department heads, representatives on AVMA management board. Internationally recognised as research leaders. People who know what a real evidence base is. People with a long track record of excellence.

Good science is not just about facts. Its about context, how its fits with the world and engages society. But then you would not know that. As you are not a scientist are you?

But above all scientists are people. Not robots
The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 12:44 - Sep 29 with 530 viewsDr_Parnassus

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 12:22 - Sep 29 by Professor

Science does not belong to scientists, the principles of science are known the world over and ''feelings'' isn't one of them. If a scientist says Trump is a great President, would you then agree on the basis of them being scientists?

Or does it only work for views you want to believe?

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 12:47 - Sep 29 with 528 viewsDr_Parnassus

The truth about Biden & son officially comes out. on 12:27 - Sep 29 by Professor

But above all scientists are people. Not robots

Can you ask your brilliant scientific friends to use their science to prove institutional racism then please? You know, instead of going on gut feeling.

Maybe you can explain yesterday's accusation while you are at it.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024