Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I follow. 16:07 - Oct 4 with 12505 views14bowlers

Was the game on yesterday in the Radcliffe arms?
I follow. on 11:38 - Oct 10 with 1849 viewsD_Alien

I follow. on 11:06 - Oct 10 by DaleiLama

No doubt after he mastered his Fyffe times table?

He also knew how to use a slide rule, to avoid Banana skinning

[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 11:45]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I follow. on 11:43 - Oct 10 with 1842 views49thseason

Or if we apply the much vaunted "critical thinking" that some here seem to advocate, maybe the numbers are rising as the nights grow longer? Maybe because the sunny weather during the Summer which topped up Vitamin D levels has now ended, D levels are falling and those that do not, or will not take supplements are now seeing the effects.
The virus started in the winter months in the Northern Hemisphere and winter is now returning. Why is it that Flu only seems to affect us in winter? Why are most viruses more malevolent in winter?
Oh and with regards to The Great Barrington Declaration, try using Duck Duck Go as a search engine rather than Google, in fact try opening the same search in two windows and comparing the results. Google is not a benign organisation, quite the opposite.
I follow. on 11:48 - Oct 10 with 1819 viewsD_Alien

I follow. on 11:43 - Oct 10 by 49thseason

Or if we apply the much vaunted "critical thinking" that some here seem to advocate, maybe the numbers are rising as the nights grow longer? Maybe because the sunny weather during the Summer which topped up Vitamin D levels has now ended, D levels are falling and those that do not, or will not take supplements are now seeing the effects.
The virus started in the winter months in the Northern Hemisphere and winter is now returning. Why is it that Flu only seems to affect us in winter? Why are most viruses more malevolent in winter?
Oh and with regards to The Great Barrington Declaration, try using Duck Duck Go as a search engine rather than Google, in fact try opening the same search in two windows and comparing the results. Google is not a benign organisation, quite the opposite.

Thinking so critical, it requires life support...

I follow. on 11:57 - Oct 10 with 1796 viewsDaleiLama

I follow. on 11:38 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

He also knew how to use a slide rule, to avoid Banana skinning

[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 11:45]

Split second decision making skills.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

I follow. on 12:15 - Oct 10 with 1771 viewsAncoats_Blue

I follow. on 10:12 - Oct 10 by SuddenLad

Canaan Banana was a former President of Zimbabwe. Not an unusual name in those parts.

Yup! He was a relation I believe.
I follow. on 12:44 - Oct 10 with 1728 viewsD_Alien

I follow. on 11:48 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

Thinking so critical, it requires life support...

And in case anyone was thinking i was being over-critical, your thinking is 'fatally' flawed for the following reason:

Deficiency in VitD levels can indeed leave people more prone to infection - but to more severe infection should they catch something

The transmission rate of Covid is increasing, but there's no evidence whatsoever that the severity of the disease is increasing in general. Put simply, you can have the lowest VitD level on the planet, but if you're not in contact with someone else (or a surface they've touched) with Covid to have it transmitted, you have zero chance of catching it

The far more prosaic reason for transmission increasing (for all viral illnesses) is due to people spending more time indoors in close proximity during colder times of year, or enclosed environments such as public transport / car sharing

I follow. on 13:37 - Oct 10 with 1674 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 20:39 - Oct 9 by D_Alien

That's a very good point James, and what i was getting at when i asked whether you were able to challenge anyone not appearing to comply with the guidelines on face coverings a few days ago

Public transport is a far more enclosed environment than bars or restaurants, and we can all remember steamed-up windows on buses and trains, absolute breeding grounds for viruses

In a place of work, it's very difficult to take issue with colleagues who're ignoring the rules and social distancing is just the latest and perhaps most threatening of those types of behaviours

Just got the bus into Rochdale for some pre lockdown ale, driver had no
Mask and was coughing,of 5 people on the bus 3 had masks, 1 had it round his chin, and a teen hadn’t got on. Now sat outside the medicine tap, much safer

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I follow. on 14:18 - Oct 10 with 1632 views49thseason

Average age of Covid deaths is 82

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/average-age-of-coronavirus-fatalities-is
Login to get fewer ads

I follow. on 14:49 - Oct 10 with 1570 viewsJames1980

I follow. on 14:18 - Oct 10 by 49thseason

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/average-age-of-coronavirus-fatalities-is

I am sure I read or saw somewhere that the Spanish Flu killed more in it's second or third wave because it mutated and became more deadly to the younger members of the population. Is it possible letting covid 19 run riot could lead to it mutating in such a way?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

I follow. on 15:28 - Oct 10 with 1498 views100notout

Anyone having problems with ifollow

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

I follow. on 15:31 - Oct 10 with 1493 viewsdalegirl

I follow. on 15:28 - Oct 10 by 100notout

Anyone having problems with ifollow

was at the start of the match, mine came on at 18 mins!!!
I follow. on 15:47 - Oct 10 with 1455 viewsR17ALE

I follow. on 15:31 - Oct 10 by dalegirl

was at the start of the match, mine came on at 18 mins!!!

I'm still waiting. Can only get the commentary.

Shit service.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

I follow. on 15:51 - Oct 10 with 1441 viewsDickydaler

I follow. on 15:47 - Oct 10 by R17ALE

I'm still waiting. Can only get the commentary.

Shit service.

You're not missing much. Try logging out and back in again. Worked for me.
I follow. on 15:53 - Oct 10 with 1439 views100notout

As someone else said logged out of ifollow and logged back in. Worked fine - lesson for next time

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

I follow. on 16:01 - Oct 10 with 1404 viewsR17ALE

I follow. on 15:53 - Oct 10 by 100notout

As someone else said logged out of ifollow and logged back in. Worked fine - lesson for next time

I've tried everything. When I get to the screen and click the white "play" arrow I just get a white circle turning round and round.

Apparently this is more entertaining than the game!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

I follow. on 16:14 - Oct 10 with 1369 viewsDaleFan7

No commentary since half time
I follow. on 17:10 - Oct 10 with 1308 viewsroccydaleian

I follow. on 13:37 - Oct 10 by rochdaleriddler

Just got the bus into Rochdale for some pre lockdown ale, driver had no
Mask and was coughing,of 5 people on the bus 3 had masks, 1 had it round his chin, and a teen hadn’t got on. Now sat outside the medicine tap, much safer

If the pubs are shut, their wouldn’t be a need for you to catch the bus.
I follow. on 17:30 - Oct 10 with 1273 viewsDalenet

I follow. on 17:10 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

Where I live you can only use public transport for essential journeys - going to work, school or hospital. Can't be used to pop into town to the pub or to do a bit of shopping. The buses are driving around completely empty most of the day
I follow. on 18:01 - Oct 10 with 1232 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 17:10 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

They are open, and if I wanted to go shopping the lack of enforcement stays the same

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I follow. on 18:03 - Oct 10 with 1224 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 14:18 - Oct 10 by 49thseason

Same as the average IQ of the anti vaccine hoaxers

I follow. on 19:41 - Oct 10 with 1120 viewsAncoats_Blue

First visit to the Baum since pre Newcastle at home. Fantastic ale and food. Fantastic WiFi to watch iFollow. Shite result.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024