Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? 21:47 - Oct 31 with 4409 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just been reading about this new Lockdown jobby.......I notice that Badboy Boris says that the Premier League will continue, but does not mention the EFL.

have we been thrown under a train again?
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 21:51 - Oct 31 with 3641 viewsboromat

BBC reporting EFL will continue along with the Premier League.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 21:51 - Oct 31 with 3641 viewsfunkkk

He was directly asked about the Prem. I don't see what's changed in terms of games being able to be played behind closed doors so I imagine they'd continue.
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 21:52 - Oct 31 with 3631 viewsnordenblue

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 21:51 - Oct 31 by funkkk

He was directly asked about the Prem. I don't see what's changed in terms of games being able to be played behind closed doors so I imagine they'd continue.

Them season tickets are looking like good value this season, be behind closed doors well into next year
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 21:55 - Oct 31 with 3618 viewsTVOS1907

This has already been posted on the coronavirus thread:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/october/efl-statement-coronavirus-update/

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 22:04 - Oct 31 with 3591 viewsmacro

National League and N/S continuing by the looks as well
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 22:15 - Oct 31 with 3563 views442Dale

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 21:52 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

Them season tickets are looking like good value this season, be behind closed doors well into next year

Depends on an individual’s perspective I guess. Some will see it as an investment in the club with the possibility of seeing games and now having a pretty decent service to watch the home matches, others will have been hopeful to have been going regularly again by now.

Some people will buy a turkey for Christmas without the knowledge of whether they can share it with the extended family, it might be poor value if they can’t or they might just like having turkey sandwiches until New Year.

Certainly creates a realisation that every situation is different and there are many different perspectives amongst the uncertainty.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 23:21 - Oct 31 with 3447 viewsnordenblue

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 22:15 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Depends on an individual’s perspective I guess. Some will see it as an investment in the club with the possibility of seeing games and now having a pretty decent service to watch the home matches, others will have been hopeful to have been going regularly again by now.

Some people will buy a turkey for Christmas without the knowledge of whether they can share it with the extended family, it might be poor value if they can’t or they might just like having turkey sandwiches until New Year.

Certainly creates a realisation that every situation is different and there are many different perspectives amongst the uncertainty.

Dress it up how you like, but paying so much to watch live football from the stands to then have to watch it on a laptop alone is a massive kick in the town halls and no substitute whatsoever.

While your turkey comparison is a slightly less investment so no real risk at all, worst case lob it in the bin, the only real uncertainty was the actual timing of a next lockdown.

Folk who genuinely thought they'd be sat watching live football from the stands anytime soon need a check over.
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 00:02 - Nov 1 with 3390 views442Dale

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 23:21 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

Dress it up how you like, but paying so much to watch live football from the stands to then have to watch it on a laptop alone is a massive kick in the town halls and no substitute whatsoever.

While your turkey comparison is a slightly less investment so no real risk at all, worst case lob it in the bin, the only real uncertainty was the actual timing of a next lockdown.

Folk who genuinely thought they'd be sat watching live football from the stands anytime soon need a check over.

I’m not dressing it up. Giving a personal perspective that’s all. Everyone thinks and feels differently based on various factors as has been illustrated throughout this. Some consistent, some not so; that’s life.

And the turkey wasn’t a comparison. Nor was it about cost. It was to illustrate that situations and factors such as cost are different depending on whoever is involved.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 0:06]

Login to get fewer ads

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 00:33 - Nov 1 with 3343 viewsscarrow

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 23:21 - Oct 31 by nordenblue

Lower leagues have been up to today so have a check over yourself

Poll: Final position

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 08:12 - Nov 1 with 3195 viewsnordenblue

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 00:33 - Nov 1 by scarrow

Lower leagues have been up to today so have a check over yourself

Unless we've suddenly plummeted several leagues recently would you like to enlighten us all how that would influence watching live games for us and our season tickets?
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 09:29 - Nov 1 with 3117 viewsDalenet

The thing is Norden we all have a different view about why we bought a season card. I have always believed that getting access to games was a very low probability. As somebody that was shielding, I wouldn't entertain going to Spotland any time soon when the local covid rate is estimated to be 1 in 40. That would mean almost 50 people sat in the ground with the virus and the risk is way too high in my mind. I just don't understand why people are taking similar risks at non league grounds. But then many are less vulnerable.

I wrestled with the decision on whether to buy. I decided to do so to support my club, hoping that we'd eventually get a vaccine before the end of the season (looking less likely now) and resigned myself to watching on iFollow as it was better than not watching at all. I am still hopeful that the club will do the right thing by those who are worse off (i.e those paying more than £230 per card) but I also acknowledge that the club didn't cause this and have done all they can to keep football alive in the town. One day it will all be over and we will have a team to watch once again - lets not be a Macc or a Bury. But lets not have a pop at the 1400 who did put their money into the club at this time.

Stay safe everybody
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 09:38 - Nov 1 with 3102 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 09:29 - Nov 1 by Dalenet

The thing is Norden we all have a different view about why we bought a season card. I have always believed that getting access to games was a very low probability. As somebody that was shielding, I wouldn't entertain going to Spotland any time soon when the local covid rate is estimated to be 1 in 40. That would mean almost 50 people sat in the ground with the virus and the risk is way too high in my mind. I just don't understand why people are taking similar risks at non league grounds. But then many are less vulnerable.

I wrestled with the decision on whether to buy. I decided to do so to support my club, hoping that we'd eventually get a vaccine before the end of the season (looking less likely now) and resigned myself to watching on iFollow as it was better than not watching at all. I am still hopeful that the club will do the right thing by those who are worse off (i.e those paying more than £230 per card) but I also acknowledge that the club didn't cause this and have done all they can to keep football alive in the town. One day it will all be over and we will have a team to watch once again - lets not be a Macc or a Bury. But lets not have a pop at the 1400 who did put their money into the club at this time.

Stay safe everybody

Well said, although the risk in an outdoor setting with a limited capacity is way lower than a trip to Aldi IMHO. Good on you and others that paid and haven’t sought a refund, not quite sure why people would have a go for doing that .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 09:56 - Nov 1 with 3063 viewsnordenblue

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 09:29 - Nov 1 by Dalenet

Stay safe everybody

A massive well done on your support and thats not meant in the least bit sarcastic either,and I totally understand your thought process too.

At the time the season tickets came out there were many on here wondering/complaining why the take up was so small, some even believed an imminent re start was on the cards, in reality that was never going to be an option whilst such strict domestic guidelines still remained in place, kind of dont leave your house but fook it get yourself down to Spotland its safe....
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 10:03 - Nov 1 with 3049 views442Dale

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 09:56 - Nov 1 by nordenblue

A massive well done on your support and thats not meant in the least bit sarcastic either,and I totally understand your thought process too.

At the time the season tickets came out there were many on here wondering/complaining why the take up was so small, some even believed an imminent re start was on the cards, in reality that was never going to be an option whilst such strict domestic guidelines still remained in place, kind of dont leave your house but fook it get yourself down to Spotland its safe....

It was an option based on the information at the time although some will have accepted it would inevitably change as we moved towards autumn/winter. People made their own choices then and some certainly don’t see it as a situation where how much they paid is an issue just because we now can’t watch games live - that was accepted as a possibility and it’s all about an individual’s outlook on how things are.

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 10:24 - Nov 1 with 3013 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 09:56 - Nov 1 by nordenblue

Eat out to help out

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 11:47 - Nov 1 with 2891 viewsDaleiLama

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 10:24 - Nov 1 by rochdaleriddler

Eat out to help out

Estimated at 8-15% of current cases according to Times. Not sue how you would even begin to work that out with a potential 1 in 4 catch rate from track and trace though

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 12:04 - Nov 1 with 2877 viewsD_Alien

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 11:47 - Nov 1 by DaleiLama

Estimated at 8-15% of current cases according to Times. Not sue how you would even begin to work that out with a potential 1 in 4 catch rate from track and trace though

I'd be taking any such estimate like several good meals i had under that scheme, with a pinch of salt, according to taste

Some people just prefer living with a bitter taste in their mouth

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 12:10 - Nov 1 with 2860 viewsDaleiLama

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 12:04 - Nov 1 by D_Alien

I'd be taking any such estimate like several good meals i had under that scheme, with a pinch of salt, according to taste

Agree - there are an awful lot of numbers around at present. Most of them are background noise.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 12:26 - Nov 1 with 2834 viewsdawlishdale

Whether you meant it to or not; this comes across as smug, and with a healthy dose of "I'm alright Jack...but everyone who bought one is an idiot"

I bought my season ticket to help out the club I support. I could just about afford it, and at the end of the day; it's my choice.

Hope you retract.
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:33 - Nov 1 with 2751 viewsnordenblue

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 12:26 - Nov 1 by dawlishdale

Whether you meant it to or not; this comes across as smug, and with a healthy dose of "I'm alright Jack...but everyone who bought one is an idiot"

I bought my season ticket to help out the club I support. I could just about afford it, and at the end of the day; it's my choice.

Hope you retract.

Why would I need to retract anything, it is your choice to buy one just as much as others choice to voice a different opinion to that?

I've not insinuated anyones an idiot and even commended someone higher up the post for doing exactly what you've done,doesn't mean I agree with it mind, for me they were all bought purely in blind faith,and anyone who bought them with any genuine idea of being let in the ground anytime soon is massively naive at best
Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:33 - Nov 1 with 2750 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 12:04 - Nov 1 by D_Alien

If that’s aimed at me, I too used it. I was making the point that people might have assumed that if restaurants and bars were open, it wasn’t beyond imagination that football grounds might be, in response to the suggestion no one could have reasonably expected live footy. I’ve just returned from a pub in hebden bridge, sat outside all safe as houses

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:38 - Nov 1 with 2732 viewsD_Alien

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:33 - Nov 1 by rochdaleriddler

If that’s aimed at me, I too used it. I was making the point that people might have assumed that if restaurants and bars were open, it wasn’t beyond imagination that football grounds might be, in response to the suggestion no one could have reasonably expected live footy. I’ve just returned from a pub in hebden bridge, sat outside all safe as houses

It wasn't aimed at you

The only bitter taste in yours would be Best (as would mine)

[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 13:39]

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:49 - Nov 1 with 2707 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:38 - Nov 1 by D_Alien

It wasn't aimed at you

The only bitter taste in yours would be Best (as would mine)

[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 13:39]

On metronidazole so only coffee for me, my wife was able to indulge though

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:50 - Nov 1 with 2698 viewsD_Alien

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:49 - Nov 1 by rochdaleriddler

On metronidazole so only coffee for me, my wife was able to indulge though

Give her a kiss you might get some aftertaste

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 15:05 - Nov 1 with 2623 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will the EFL continue after 5th November? on 13:50 - Nov 1 by D_Alien

Give her a kiss you might get some aftertaste

Fair swap for my coffee breath

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024