Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happened to 20:22 - Nov 13 with 5679 viewsjudd

The Dale Supporters Trust?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Whatever happened to (n/t) on 20:24 - Nov 13 with 3103 viewsFrites

Are you not a member?
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 20:24]
Whatever happened to (n/t) on 20:30 - Nov 13 with 3076 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to (n/t) on 20:24 - Nov 13 by Frites

Are you not a member?
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 20:24]

None of your business

Whatever happened to (n/t) on 20:34 - Nov 13 with 3062 viewsFrites

Whatever happened to (n/t) on 20:30 - Nov 13 by judd

None of your business

If you were you would know the answer to your question! A great organisation run by volunteers passionate about the Dale - can't praise them enough.
Whatever happened to (n/t) on 20:38 - Nov 13 with 3055 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to (n/t) on 20:34 - Nov 13 by Frites

If you were you would know the answer to your question! A great organisation run by volunteers passionate about the Dale - can't praise them enough.

Wouldn't disagree with your sentiment.

They've disappeared from here though.

Whatever happened to on 20:44 - Nov 13 with 3035 views442Dale

I am and as per previous commitments around regular updates on all meetings, it’s frustrating not to see the monthly minutes appear on the Trust site - both those with the club and the one the Trust have themselves (last one being on the 5th October as per their emailed newsletter)

Also, as per their survey analysis in the summer
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/08/trust-survey-2020-response-and-actions/

<< Meetings with the Board 7.6
From our perspective, we regularly leave the meetings feeling that the club have been very open and transparent with us, but we are aware from comments that this does not always come across in the report that we publish. Criticism over this is fair and accepted and we are looking to be address this in future reports. If we are not getting the message across, then that’s a failing on our part and it is something we have to do better on. What we have decided on already is to make the minutes that we take from the meeting a little more formal with an action plan at the end of each one. This is something that we have already put into action in the report from 21st July, and we are keen to repeat this with all future meetings.
Publish report from each meeting promptly
Add action points to the end of each report
Ensure the report has more detail in its response>>

<< More consultation with supporters 63
This is already something we are passionately committed to running throughout the season and beyond. We have launched one survey already this week regarding attracting families to the Crown Oil Arena, and the feedback we receive is invaluable providing much more evidence when speaking to the club than it would be to recount half a dozen emails or conversations with supporters. It is our intention to run a survey every single month and to publish the results in full, along with a plan of action following the findings. After all, surveys for the sake of surveys don’t achieve anything.
Run consultation with members and supporters each month
Publish the report each time
Meet with the club to discuss findings of each report>>

The last updates on the Trust site in both these areas are in August.

Think everyone is appreciative of the restrictions during to current circumstances, however those aims to provide information were the Trust’s own so if they’re unable to meet them it’s better to say so rather than have people end up losing interest in what’s actually going on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Whatever happened to on 20:51 - Nov 13 with 3013 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 20:44 - Nov 13 by 442Dale

I am and as per previous commitments around regular updates on all meetings, it’s frustrating not to see the monthly minutes appear on the Trust site - both those with the club and the one the Trust have themselves (last one being on the 5th October as per their emailed newsletter)

Also, as per their survey analysis in the summer
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/08/trust-survey-2020-response-and-actions/

<< Meetings with the Board 7.6
From our perspective, we regularly leave the meetings feeling that the club have been very open and transparent with us, but we are aware from comments that this does not always come across in the report that we publish. Criticism over this is fair and accepted and we are looking to be address this in future reports. If we are not getting the message across, then that’s a failing on our part and it is something we have to do better on. What we have decided on already is to make the minutes that we take from the meeting a little more formal with an action plan at the end of each one. This is something that we have already put into action in the report from 21st July, and we are keen to repeat this with all future meetings.
Publish report from each meeting promptly
Add action points to the end of each report
Ensure the report has more detail in its response>>

<< More consultation with supporters 63
This is already something we are passionately committed to running throughout the season and beyond. We have launched one survey already this week regarding attracting families to the Crown Oil Arena, and the feedback we receive is invaluable providing much more evidence when speaking to the club than it would be to recount half a dozen emails or conversations with supporters. It is our intention to run a survey every single month and to publish the results in full, along with a plan of action following the findings. After all, surveys for the sake of surveys don’t achieve anything.
Run consultation with members and supporters each month
Publish the report each time
Meet with the club to discuss findings of each report>>

The last updates on the Trust site in both these areas are in August.

Think everyone is appreciative of the restrictions during to current circumstances, however those aims to provide information were the Trust’s own so if they’re unable to meet them it’s better to say so rather than have people end up losing interest in what’s actually going on.

Can I see your membership card please?

Whatever happened to on 21:02 - Nov 13 with 2979 views442Dale

Whatever happened to on 20:51 - Nov 13 by judd

Can I see your membership card please?

It’s waiting for a vaccine.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Whatever happened to on 21:07 - Nov 13 with 2961 viewsjudd

I am quite surprised that there is no Trust involvement in the What can your club do for you community initiative webcast on 26th November.

Still, great to see young Ethan Brierley involved - credible advert for the youth development section.

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happened to on 09:54 - Nov 14 with 2661 viewsDalenet

The big challenge for the next 12 months both for the club and the Trust is how we engage with the lapsed fans. We have around 1400 STs including kids. We have around 300 people paying for iFollow on top of the STs that get a pass. So have we lost 1500 or so regular attendees at games? It would be dangerous to assume that they will just walk back in once the pandemic is over.

A plan to boost engagement over the next 6 months and maybe get a few more watching us online wouldn't be a good start point.
Whatever happened to on 10:01 - Nov 14 with 2651 viewsfitzochris

We certainly need to get as many watching online as possible. It would be even better if we could get people watching online who haven’t attended a game before. Let’s be honest, it’s less effort and cheaper to watch a game at home than attend a game in person, especially away games. It might just be enough to tempt someone to try.

The hope would be that once things get back to normal, or near normal, these people have caught the bug (no, not that one) and actually want to start attending games.

A lot of this depends on the on-pitch product of course.

How to reach these people? I’m no marketeer, but I’m sure the club would welcome ideas from those who are.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Whatever happened to on 10:53 - Nov 14 with 2585 viewsfunkkk

Whatever happened to on 10:01 - Nov 14 by fitzochris

We certainly need to get as many watching online as possible. It would be even better if we could get people watching online who haven’t attended a game before. Let’s be honest, it’s less effort and cheaper to watch a game at home than attend a game in person, especially away games. It might just be enough to tempt someone to try.

The hope would be that once things get back to normal, or near normal, these people have caught the bug (no, not that one) and actually want to start attending games.

A lot of this depends on the on-pitch product of course.

How to reach these people? I’m no marketeer, but I’m sure the club would welcome ideas from those who are.

I think we have to be honest here, we certainly aren't going to attract new fans whilst games are behind closed doors. We're talking about people who are used to watching the Prem on Sky & BT both of whom spend millions on their product. To convince a first timer to part with a tenner to watch an often unreliable feed of a league 1 game with one camera angle, next to no build up and poor production (not to mention a frustrating and often downright boring team)? Some marketing that.
Whatever happened to on 11:24 - Nov 14 with 2555 viewsSuddenLad

Whatever happened to on 10:53 - Nov 14 by funkkk

I think we have to be honest here, we certainly aren't going to attract new fans whilst games are behind closed doors. We're talking about people who are used to watching the Prem on Sky & BT both of whom spend millions on their product. To convince a first timer to part with a tenner to watch an often unreliable feed of a league 1 game with one camera angle, next to no build up and poor production (not to mention a frustrating and often downright boring team)? Some marketing that.

Hang on here.......this is my first season of watching Dale via iFollow, because I'm normally at the game in person. I have no gripes whatsoever with the service that has been provided for any of the games I've watched this season, whether at home or away, and I've only missed one.

I have had no problem with the feed, the picture, the commentary or any other aspect of the service, so credit where it's due.

I never watch Premiership guff, so I can't (and won't) compare one with the other. As for only one camera angle, that's exactly what I get when I'm sat in the stadium, without the benefit of a replay.

It's a good service and keeps us all in touch with the matchday experience, albeit in a different way.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Whatever happened to on 11:36 - Nov 14 with 2542 viewsAtThePeake

Whatever happened to on 11:24 - Nov 14 by SuddenLad

Hang on here.......this is my first season of watching Dale via iFollow, because I'm normally at the game in person. I have no gripes whatsoever with the service that has been provided for any of the games I've watched this season, whether at home or away, and I've only missed one.

I have had no problem with the feed, the picture, the commentary or any other aspect of the service, so credit where it's due.

I never watch Premiership guff, so I can't (and won't) compare one with the other. As for only one camera angle, that's exactly what I get when I'm sat in the stadium, without the benefit of a replay.

It's a good service and keeps us all in touch with the matchday experience, albeit in a different way.

Unfortunately I think the point funk is making is that people who the club would be trying to convince very much do watch Premiership guff and thus they're the ones that would be comparing one with the other.

It would be great if we could find a way to convince those people to part with £10 to watch a Dale game, but as someone who already subscribes to Sky and BT and watches a lot of the Premier League, there is no chance I would be paying £10 on top of that to watch any feeds of L1 or L2 matches if I didn't already support a L1 club.

Tangled up in blue.

Whatever happened to on 11:48 - Nov 14 with 2527 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happened to on 11:36 - Nov 14 by AtThePeake

Unfortunately I think the point funk is making is that people who the club would be trying to convince very much do watch Premiership guff and thus they're the ones that would be comparing one with the other.

It would be great if we could find a way to convince those people to part with £10 to watch a Dale game, but as someone who already subscribes to Sky and BT and watches a lot of the Premier League, there is no chance I would be paying £10 on top of that to watch any feeds of L1 or L2 matches if I didn't already support a L1 club.

Sad, but true

As things stand, i can only see iFollow numbers going in one direction, and its the wrong one as far as the pertinent points made by Fitz are concerned
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 12:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whatever happened to on 12:23 - Nov 14 with 2490 viewsblackdogblue

Whatever happened to on 09:54 - Nov 14 by Dalenet

The big challenge for the next 12 months both for the club and the Trust is how we engage with the lapsed fans. We have around 1400 STs including kids. We have around 300 people paying for iFollow on top of the STs that get a pass. So have we lost 1500 or so regular attendees at games? It would be dangerous to assume that they will just walk back in once the pandemic is over.

A plan to boost engagement over the next 6 months and maybe get a few more watching us online wouldn't be a good start point.

I for one (we as a family) are not lost...

Hindsight this season, certainly up to Xmas time would not be the time to renew & that’s turned out to be the right decision. If they opened the stands next week we would be there.

The problem with I follow for me personally is whilst my laptop connects to a Swiss vpn through work which would make it cheaper, we are IT locked out of streaming media so I couldn’t watch if I wanted to. I’m not investing in laptop nor going to pay to watch it on my I phone either...

I know there are ways fire stick wise to get it but that doesn’t help the club so I Cba with that either.

Football should be watched live not on a screen for me..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Whatever happened to on 13:11 - Nov 14 with 2447 viewsfitzochris

All the above may be true, but we have to at least try, don’t we? Maintaining our current fanbase is paramount, of course, but we have to grow it too - one way or another.

Whatever happened to on 13:51 - Nov 14 with 2394 viewsjudd

Many good points made about marketing and no doubt the varying experiences of ifollow are a major frustration for the club, but whatever happened to the Trust?

I hope they are not now being by-passed in the club issuing its messages via well prepared recorded video messages, especially as the Trust has taken on board constructive criticism of its' reporting on meetings with the club.

With regards growing the fan base, that is the perennial problem at Rochdale. Many have offered help in the past.

Whatever happened to on 14:43 - Nov 14 with 2313 viewsD_Alien

How would we market the football seen in the last few games?

The only thing that would induce someone watching for the first time to return would be an entertaining product. First time potential fans might'nt even be bothered about the result providing the watch was worth their time and money in comparison to alternatives

Lockdown situations, where alternatives are reduced (in terms of outdoor events) and where perhaps other online alternatives are starting to pall after several months, might be a good time IF only we could get things moving on the pitch

Recent watches might instead have turned into a 'never again' event for some newbies
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 14:44]

Whatever happened to on 15:34 - Nov 14 with 2249 viewsblackdogblue

Whatever happened to on 14:43 - Nov 14 by D_Alien

How would we market the football seen in the last few games?

The only thing that would induce someone watching for the first time to return would be an entertaining product. First time potential fans might'nt even be bothered about the result providing the watch was worth their time and money in comparison to alternatives

Lockdown situations, where alternatives are reduced (in terms of outdoor events) and where perhaps other online alternatives are starting to pall after several months, might be a good time IF only we could get things moving on the pitch

Recent watches might instead have turned into a 'never again' event for some newbies
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 14:44]

Your last point might be the only way... over the past the club has tried many things including:

Giving away 1,000’s of free tickets to school kids who do the school events & other school initiatives... a very low % come back. Would be interesting to know why, is this ever followed up?

The more we sell, the cheaper season tickets become... we didn’t hit our target

Huge campaign on billboards, bus stops etc.. not seen any noticeable rise on pay on the gate...

Bring a friend for a £5... usually an evening game and winter... additionally have to faff about getting a ticket from the office as well

Total reduced admission games... 3/2 match bundles... half season tickets... (hacks some season ticket holders off in previous threads I vaguely remember)

When you take all the above into consideration, think Saatchi & Sastchi would struggle to find many more marketing options...

I do know quite a lot of people (yes I know I go on about this at times) who won’t go anymore since the smoking ban at half time.. this is a Club rule & not a Council one...
Additionally, the catering has gone well south... hot drinks are like dishwater, hot dogs are a soggy bag of steam & pies.. well there was a thread about this, a long one but all this affects the “match day experience”..

Success on the pitch, some decent investment in a few players (Covid aside & not plunging way into debt so we don’t go the way of certain other ex north west teams). A season in the championship would draw bigger away fans, better teams to watch etc....

Some Googling on what other clubs do as regards marketing doesn’t throw up any new ideas I could find...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Whatever happened to on 15:55 - Nov 14 with 2215 viewsjudd

*Sighs*

Anyone want to discuss the change in the way the Trust has been operating of late?

They’ve done a magnificent job in breaking their record membership and now seem to have withdrawn from sight.

Interesting point in how they achieved this record membership, including significant price reduction and even offered to collect the joining fee from your home.

Whatever happened to on 16:04 - Nov 14 with 2187 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happened to on 15:55 - Nov 14 by judd

*Sighs*

Anyone want to discuss the change in the way the Trust has been operating of late?

They’ve done a magnificent job in breaking their record membership and now seem to have withdrawn from sight.

Interesting point in how they achieved this record membership, including significant price reduction and even offered to collect the joining fee from your home.

Some of the posts may have been oblique to the subject, others offering something completely unrelated, but they come back to the central point of what does the club and it's fans (including the official fanbase body) do when there's no live football

I'd offer that the absence of Trust activity might be related to the absence of physical participation, but it'd be good to hear from them to clarify if that were the case

Whatever happened to on 16:18 - Nov 14 with 2151 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 16:04 - Nov 14 by D_Alien

Some of the posts may have been oblique to the subject, others offering something completely unrelated, but they come back to the central point of what does the club and it's fans (including the official fanbase body) do when there's no live football

I'd offer that the absence of Trust activity might be related to the absence of physical participation, but it'd be good to hear from them to clarify if that were the case

Fair comment, unusual times and all that, but the questions being answered in public are being set by the club, not the fans.

I notice in the transcript of the DCMS committee hearing with football representatives that the EFL are putting clubs at the heart of the community as a significant part of their pleading with the government and so we as a club are jumping on the EFL led bandwagon. I would expect Trust involvement in this and for it to be made public.

Is there an issue?

Whatever happened to on 16:25 - Nov 14 with 2137 viewsfitzochris

I totally agree we need to hear from the Trust, especially after assurances over issues such as Dan Altman buying up shares last time out. Maybe they can get more joy than I did by way of a response on the progress of his plans this time. I mean, he is now a Trust member, or so I believe.

Whatever happened to on 16:29 - Nov 14 with 2125 viewsjudd

Whatever happened to on 16:25 - Nov 14 by fitzochris

I totally agree we need to hear from the Trust, especially after assurances over issues such as Dan Altman buying up shares last time out. Maybe they can get more joy than I did by way of a response on the progress of his plans this time. I mean, he is now a Trust member, or so I believe.

Yes, two way communication is essential.

I would like to see a recorded video of a zoom or teams meeting whereby fans questions are either undisclosed beforehand or if they are then follow up questions are asked in response to club replies.

The Trust, after all, is a shareholding body.

Whatever happened to on 16:31 - Nov 14 with 2119 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happened to on 16:18 - Nov 14 by judd

Fair comment, unusual times and all that, but the questions being answered in public are being set by the club, not the fans.

I notice in the transcript of the DCMS committee hearing with football representatives that the EFL are putting clubs at the heart of the community as a significant part of their pleading with the government and so we as a club are jumping on the EFL led bandwagon. I would expect Trust involvement in this and for it to be made public.

Is there an issue?

Given that the purpose of the Trust is to be active on behalf of its members and the broader fanbase, there has to be an issue

Would i be right in reading into your efforts to raise this publicly that you believe there's a possibility that the absence of recent communications by the Trust is a deliberate strategy, for whatever reason, and by whomsoever might be instrumental?

Edit: rather than just an abeyance due to circumstances?

[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 16:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024