Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL Thread 18:57 - Dec 16 with 13731 viewsAtThePeake

Apologies to all the NFL fans but a technical issue with the other thread was stopping people from being able to read the later posts. We aren't sure what happened here so thought it was easier to lock the previous thread and start a new one. I won't delete the thread so people can go back and read it if needs be, but it's locked now.

(Really hoping someone starts an NBA thread when we get going in a week or so! Just me? Oh).

Tangled up in blue.

NFL Thread on 19:48 - Jan 12 with 2288 viewspioneer

moving away from the play offs for a moment...bill bellyache has gone up in my estimation after turning down trumps award of presidential medal of freedom.

Mind you there was plenty of room for him to go up.
NFL Thread on 19:53 - Jan 12 with 2274 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 19:48 - Jan 12 by pioneer

moving away from the play offs for a moment...bill bellyache has gone up in my estimation after turning down trumps award of presidential medal of freedom.

Mind you there was plenty of room for him to go up.

Perfect summary

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL Thread on 05:22 - Jan 17 with 2187 viewspioneer

An incredible defensive performance from the Bills takes them to their first AFC championship game since 1993.

Chiefs or Browns...bring it on.
NFL Thread on 05:57 - Jan 17 with 2170 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 05:22 - Jan 17 by pioneer

An incredible defensive performance from the Bills takes them to their first AFC championship game since 1993.

Chiefs or Browns...bring it on.

Talk about a game swinging on 1 play. 10-3 Bills, Jackson throws the ball into the end zone but it is picked and returned 101yards for a TD. Game Over
Wasn't as good a game as I thought it would be but Bills deserve to be in the championship game.

Didn't watch the first game but I assume it was routine for the Packers looking at the score
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 5:57]
NFL Thread on 18:57 - Jan 17 with 2110 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 05:57 - Jan 17 by Nigeriamark

Talk about a game swinging on 1 play. 10-3 Bills, Jackson throws the ball into the end zone but it is picked and returned 101yards for a TD. Game Over
Wasn't as good a game as I thought it would be but Bills deserve to be in the championship game.

Didn't watch the first game but I assume it was routine for the Packers looking at the score
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 5:57]

It did indeed - the game and for that matter careers are sometimes won and lost on executing and converting a few plays. Ravens missed a FG and threw a pick when on another day it could have been a go-ahead score, but the flip side of that is the Bills forced an INT to open up an insurmountable lead. Potential 14 point play right there which meant the Bills D could tee off on Jackson, which ultimately forced him out of the game.

Rodgers put on a clinic in GB for three quarters. He also iced the game when it mattered. One of the classiest players to play the game. Can't see any team winning up there next week.

NFL Thread on 23:10 - Jan 17 with 2076 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 18:57 - Jan 17 by DaleiLama

It did indeed - the game and for that matter careers are sometimes won and lost on executing and converting a few plays. Ravens missed a FG and threw a pick when on another day it could have been a go-ahead score, but the flip side of that is the Bills forced an INT to open up an insurmountable lead. Potential 14 point play right there which meant the Bills D could tee off on Jackson, which ultimately forced him out of the game.

Rodgers put on a clinic in GB for three quarters. He also iced the game when it mattered. One of the classiest players to play the game. Can't see any team winning up there next week.

So close by the Browns but couldn't get over the line. Lost by 5 points with a terrible call by the officials at the end of the 2nd quarter that cost them 7. Mahomes getting injured gave us a chance but after an early interception their stand in QB made a couple of great plays at the death. Let's hope Mahomes is back next week as the game against the Bills will be a good one with both teams at full strength

Good season for the Browns though
NFL Thread on 02:26 - Jan 18 with 2034 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 23:10 - Jan 17 by Nigeriamark

So close by the Browns but couldn't get over the line. Lost by 5 points with a terrible call by the officials at the end of the 2nd quarter that cost them 7. Mahomes getting injured gave us a chance but after an early interception their stand in QB made a couple of great plays at the death. Let's hope Mahomes is back next week as the game against the Bills will be a good one with both teams at full strength

Good season for the Browns though

Are you referring to the fumble/strip of ball on the 'touchdown' play? I think that was a fair call even though I desperately wanted the browns to win.

Browns were so close - bodes well for next season.

Lets not hope Mahomes is back for next week! Id be happy to see Chad Henne in there again. I saw him play as a true freshman at Michigan many years ago. He has started 4 games in last 7 seasons so would be a big call to put him in as starter.
NFL Thread on 14:25 - Jan 18 with 1982 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 02:26 - Jan 18 by pioneer

Are you referring to the fumble/strip of ball on the 'touchdown' play? I think that was a fair call even though I desperately wanted the browns to win.

Browns were so close - bodes well for next season.

Lets not hope Mahomes is back for next week! Id be happy to see Chad Henne in there again. I saw him play as a true freshman at Michigan many years ago. He has started 4 games in last 7 seasons so would be a big call to put him in as starter.

I admit I wanted the Browns to win too, but my view is it was a bad call. At full speed it appeared to be a bang-bang play, but in slo-mo, it was spearing by the defender - clear helmet-to-helmet, which due to the vagaries of the rules is deemed to be non-reviewable, and the only reason it wasn't a TD is due to the foul being committed. IR in the NFL is as unfit for purpose as VAR in our game as often as not, with multiple refs interpreting visual data in multiple ways. The upshot, though, is these things even out over time and there's just no point getting bitter over it (as Mark clearly hasn't and good for him). Different game at 10-10 than 3-17, and different game with/without Mahomes. If my aunt had balls she's be my uncle too. Bottom line as you say is a great season for the Browns - huge upward swing in their fortunes this year and there were probably only about a half dozen teams who would have beaten them on the night last night.

Shame about Brady's Bucs getting through.

Henne of course spent several seasons in S. Fla and during his time with the Fins he was known as the robot. He was taken in the draft (allegedly) because Steven Ross was a Michigan alum and Henne was the next Marino. Ross keeps out of personnel matters now . With Mahomes, I think the Bills will have a real game on their hands and one I think everyone in the League is looking forward to. Without him they may as well get the bye now.

Login to get fewer ads

NFL Thread on 15:54 - Jan 18 with 1951 viewsjonahwhereru

I was pleased with that Browns effort. To hold that team to 23 was as good a defensive display as I have seen from them this year. Strange how both the big players on each side where incapacitated in Garrett and Mahones, but it made for a decent watch.
The close season will be interesting for them. They don’t need to much offensively. 2 draft picks at most. That leaves them decent draft pick options defensively. Plus their list of free agents is not to damaging.
NFL Thread on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 1935 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 14:25 - Jan 18 by DaleiLama

I admit I wanted the Browns to win too, but my view is it was a bad call. At full speed it appeared to be a bang-bang play, but in slo-mo, it was spearing by the defender - clear helmet-to-helmet, which due to the vagaries of the rules is deemed to be non-reviewable, and the only reason it wasn't a TD is due to the foul being committed. IR in the NFL is as unfit for purpose as VAR in our game as often as not, with multiple refs interpreting visual data in multiple ways. The upshot, though, is these things even out over time and there's just no point getting bitter over it (as Mark clearly hasn't and good for him). Different game at 10-10 than 3-17, and different game with/without Mahomes. If my aunt had balls she's be my uncle too. Bottom line as you say is a great season for the Browns - huge upward swing in their fortunes this year and there were probably only about a half dozen teams who would have beaten them on the night last night.

Shame about Brady's Bucs getting through.

Henne of course spent several seasons in S. Fla and during his time with the Fins he was known as the robot. He was taken in the draft (allegedly) because Steven Ross was a Michigan alum and Henne was the next Marino. Ross keeps out of personnel matters now . With Mahomes, I think the Bills will have a real game on their hands and one I think everyone in the League is looking forward to. Without him they may as well get the bye now.

KC fans gonna be praying it's a minor concussion. Players have also been out 2 -3 weeks too. As you say the whole of KC's Superbowl chances depending on this as I can't see the Bills losing against Henne. Personally I want to see all the top QBs next week. Hats off to Tom Brady wether people like him or not. Couldn't see him taking the Bucs this far and he is playing really well. Still think the Packers will get through but wouldn't be surprised if Brady pulls another rabbit out of the hat.
NFL Thread on 18:40 - Jan 18 with 1924 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 17:37 - Jan 18 by Nigeriamark

KC fans gonna be praying it's a minor concussion. Players have also been out 2 -3 weeks too. As you say the whole of KC's Superbowl chances depending on this as I can't see the Bills losing against Henne. Personally I want to see all the top QBs next week. Hats off to Tom Brady wether people like him or not. Couldn't see him taking the Bucs this far and he is playing really well. Still think the Packers will get through but wouldn't be surprised if Brady pulls another rabbit out of the hat.

Absolutely - it should be decided on merit but this season has had more "external Factors" impinge on it than any other since the strike-shortened season.

Brady ...........? Done ok I spose .......... ?

Edit:

2nd Edit: Brady just grew on me

[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 7:13]

NFL Thread on 13:57 - Jan 20 with 1859 viewsDaleiLama

Philip Rivers announced his retirement. Can't see Brees hanging around after 11 broken ribs and a collapsed lung/limping through the play-offs. How long can Brady keep going? Rodgers isn't getting any younger and the Pack supposedly drafted his eventual replacement. Lots of big changes afoot and in the making at the most important position on the team during the forthcoming off-season (and beyond).

NFL Thread on 22:55 - Jan 21 with 1803 viewsDaleiLama

As expected ...... Mahomes is practising even in concussion protocol. And sorry for the tweet below Brown's fans but it is a remarkable display of guts

NFL Thread on 07:55 - Jan 22 with 1757 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 22:55 - Jan 21 by DaleiLama

As expected ...... Mahomes is practising even in concussion protocol. And sorry for the tweet below Brown's fans but it is a remarkable display of guts

A 10% fit Stafford still a better bet than a fully fit Dante culpepper
NFL Thread on 02:32 - Jan 25 with 1712 viewspioneer

game and season over for the Bills...Chiefs just too good for them on the day...no excuses. Got to feel that Biils were not on top of their game but you got to give chiefs credit.

Hopefully they wil win in two weeks time and end the Brady fairy tale.
NFL Thread on 05:09 - Jan 25 with 1692 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 02:32 - Jan 25 by pioneer

game and season over for the Bills...Chiefs just too good for them on the day...no excuses. Got to feel that Biils were not on top of their game but you got to give chiefs credit.

Hopefully they wil win in two weeks time and end the Brady fairy tale.

Watched the whole Bucs game & highlights of the Chiefs win. If the Brady who played the first 2 quarters turns up then they will have a chance. However the second half Bucs will get hammered if they play like that ( 3 interceptions and several easy drops). The GB offence never really fired but MOM was the Bucs defence who were superb

Only saw 10 minutes of highlights, but looking at those the KC defence must have done well looking at the number of FGs scored by the Bills. Was Mahomes affected by his turf toe?
NFL Thread on 05:56 - Jan 25 with 1688 viewspioneer

NFL Thread on 05:09 - Jan 25 by Nigeriamark

Watched the whole Bucs game & highlights of the Chiefs win. If the Brady who played the first 2 quarters turns up then they will have a chance. However the second half Bucs will get hammered if they play like that ( 3 interceptions and several easy drops). The GB offence never really fired but MOM was the Bucs defence who were superb

Only saw 10 minutes of highlights, but looking at those the KC defence must have done well looking at the number of FGs scored by the Bills. Was Mahomes affected by his turf toe?

KC (and Mahomes) fired on all cylinders and Bills had no answers. Couldnt stop mahomes and the excellent set of receivers and tight end - they moved the ball at will.

Allen never really got going (until game was over) but he is still learning, and he will have learned plenty from this (I hope).

Got to believe this was a well planned and well executed gameplan so credit to the old guy with the clipboard to.

Got to look at it as a great season for the Bills but one step better next year.
NFL Thread on 11:17 - Jan 25 with 1668 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 05:56 - Jan 25 by pioneer

KC (and Mahomes) fired on all cylinders and Bills had no answers. Couldnt stop mahomes and the excellent set of receivers and tight end - they moved the ball at will.

Allen never really got going (until game was over) but he is still learning, and he will have learned plenty from this (I hope).

Got to believe this was a well planned and well executed gameplan so credit to the old guy with the clipboard to.

Got to look at it as a great season for the Bills but one step better next year.

From the Bucs game, Brady/Bucs was absolutely lethal on third down in the first half and that's going to win you a lot of games. To be able to almost fall asleep at the wheel against the Pack/Rodgers in the second half and still win on the road speaks volumes. Still hope they get absolutely spanked in the SB.

For me, great seasons for Bills, Browns and Fins, with all three moving from pretenders to potential contenders in the next few years, with Bills probably having the best overall roster pre-free agency/the draft. If they lose Daboll that will hurt then too. Always liked him in Miami and he and Allen seem to be a really good fit.

On the night though (morning here), KC were just too good. Mahomes is without doubt the most gifted QB in the league, their ground attack is awesome (on one 50yd gain on the ground they had two pulling linemen blocking 50 yards downfield ........ staggering how well the Walrus sets plays up) Hill is unplayable, Kelce is a monster and their D is pretty good too. Really happy for Reid that he has found the right pieces to get the success a long career in football deserved to be topped off by. I thoroughly hope that includes winning in a fortnight, but not going to make a prediction partly because my post-season predictions have been woeful and partly I'd like the BFL Gods to remain calm and asleep on the night.

NFL Thread on 14:58 - Jan 26 with 1610 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 11:17 - Jan 25 by DaleiLama

From the Bucs game, Brady/Bucs was absolutely lethal on third down in the first half and that's going to win you a lot of games. To be able to almost fall asleep at the wheel against the Pack/Rodgers in the second half and still win on the road speaks volumes. Still hope they get absolutely spanked in the SB.

For me, great seasons for Bills, Browns and Fins, with all three moving from pretenders to potential contenders in the next few years, with Bills probably having the best overall roster pre-free agency/the draft. If they lose Daboll that will hurt then too. Always liked him in Miami and he and Allen seem to be a really good fit.

On the night though (morning here), KC were just too good. Mahomes is without doubt the most gifted QB in the league, their ground attack is awesome (on one 50yd gain on the ground they had two pulling linemen blocking 50 yards downfield ........ staggering how well the Walrus sets plays up) Hill is unplayable, Kelce is a monster and their D is pretty good too. Really happy for Reid that he has found the right pieces to get the success a long career in football deserved to be topped off by. I thoroughly hope that includes winning in a fortnight, but not going to make a prediction partly because my post-season predictions have been woeful and partly I'd like the BFL Gods to remain calm and asleep on the night.

Context for the jet sweep mentioned above with 62 and 72 blocking downfield. Tip of the cap to the Chiefs

NFL Thread on 15:55 - Jan 26 with 1588 viewswatford_dale

NFL Thread on 11:17 - Jan 25 by DaleiLama

Think the TB defense helped out massively for Brady in second half and were generally good all game but they won't get away with throwing 3 INT against the chiefs. GB not helped by bonehead of a coach who went for FG instead of 4th down with 4 minutes left in the game.

Expect a sharp exit by Rodgers to end up in sunny SF, who will ship out Jimmy G maybe back to NE. NE have very little money to play with as Belichick commented they mortgaged the team to the hilt in the pursuit of glory over that last 5 years (got 3 SB wins) and they will be paying it off for a bit yet.

Bills need the following - upgrade to a commanding RB who you can control the game through and a WR with height to play opposite Diggs.

Stafford from Lions to Washington Football Team, talented QB in need of a team and good god do they need one.

Watson to leave Texans and walk into most teams that he wants but would love it to be the Saints.
NFL Thread on 18:26 - Jan 26 with 1531 viewsHK_Dale

NFL Thread on 15:55 - Jan 26 by watford_dale

Think the TB defense helped out massively for Brady in second half and were generally good all game but they won't get away with throwing 3 INT against the chiefs. GB not helped by bonehead of a coach who went for FG instead of 4th down with 4 minutes left in the game.

Expect a sharp exit by Rodgers to end up in sunny SF, who will ship out Jimmy G maybe back to NE. NE have very little money to play with as Belichick commented they mortgaged the team to the hilt in the pursuit of glory over that last 5 years (got 3 SB wins) and they will be paying it off for a bit yet.

Bills need the following - upgrade to a commanding RB who you can control the game through and a WR with height to play opposite Diggs.

Stafford from Lions to Washington Football Team, talented QB in need of a team and good god do they need one.

Watson to leave Texans and walk into most teams that he wants but would love it to be the Saints.

As a 49er fan, not sure about the Rodgers to SF move. Think there are other ares of the team we could use the draft capital for. Jimmy G is serviceable and Shanahan's scheme by design needs a functional not elite QB (although if an elite QB can be had for the right price, obviously wouldn't say no!).

Would sell almost everything to get Watson though - although feels like a pipe dream.

Hope that next year we can keep a starting QB fit (Jimmy or A N Other) and our defence and for another Playoff push at least!
NFL Thread on 16:30 - Jan 27 with 1480 viewswatford_dale

NFL Thread on 18:26 - Jan 26 by HK_Dale

As a 49er fan, not sure about the Rodgers to SF move. Think there are other ares of the team we could use the draft capital for. Jimmy G is serviceable and Shanahan's scheme by design needs a functional not elite QB (although if an elite QB can be had for the right price, obviously wouldn't say no!).

Would sell almost everything to get Watson though - although feels like a pipe dream.

Hope that next year we can keep a starting QB fit (Jimmy or A N Other) and our defence and for another Playoff push at least!

I think Tom Brady has proved that, if your good, then a dynamite QB can turn up and get a team to the playoffs. Rodgers 48td (1st) and 5 int (tied 1st) in 2020 and 5 years younger than Brady coupled with his potential receiving corps of Kittle, Aiyuk and Samuel are a massive upgrade on what he will be leaving in GB in Jordan freaking Love.

The current prediction is that 49ers give up 1st round 2022 draft pick and Joey Bosa. The latter may be harder to take given the domination of Bosa but QB is more pressing.

Jimmy G, who decides he's not looking to change the world but is looking for a New England (thanks Mr Bragg) will go back for a round 1 2022 pick.

Deshaun Watson, it will take a godfather offer to get him, about 3 - 4 first round picks and the teams with the best draft capital are:

Jets - #2, #23, #34 of this years draft, 2 1st round picks 2022 (one via seahawks). This will fit in with the Texans plan of drafting a QB in the Ohio State QB.
Dolphins - #3, #13' #36, #50 of this years draft and round 1 and 2 from 2022 but the Texans don't want Tua and will most likely miss out on the Ohio State QB.
Jaguars - they have high capital and could trade Lawrence, Watson is proven in the NFL and a proven star always beats a rookie. Jags get to build a team and Texans can sell Lawrence to the fans as a new era.

I think the only teams that would refuse Watson if it became a possibility are the Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Browns and Bengals.
NFL Thread on 16:42 - Jan 27 with 1473 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 16:30 - Jan 27 by watford_dale

I think Tom Brady has proved that, if your good, then a dynamite QB can turn up and get a team to the playoffs. Rodgers 48td (1st) and 5 int (tied 1st) in 2020 and 5 years younger than Brady coupled with his potential receiving corps of Kittle, Aiyuk and Samuel are a massive upgrade on what he will be leaving in GB in Jordan freaking Love.

The current prediction is that 49ers give up 1st round 2022 draft pick and Joey Bosa. The latter may be harder to take given the domination of Bosa but QB is more pressing.

Jimmy G, who decides he's not looking to change the world but is looking for a New England (thanks Mr Bragg) will go back for a round 1 2022 pick.

Deshaun Watson, it will take a godfather offer to get him, about 3 - 4 first round picks and the teams with the best draft capital are:

Jets - #2, #23, #34 of this years draft, 2 1st round picks 2022 (one via seahawks). This will fit in with the Texans plan of drafting a QB in the Ohio State QB.
Dolphins - #3, #13' #36, #50 of this years draft and round 1 and 2 from 2022 but the Texans don't want Tua and will most likely miss out on the Ohio State QB.
Jaguars - they have high capital and could trade Lawrence, Watson is proven in the NFL and a proven star always beats a rookie. Jags get to build a team and Texans can sell Lawrence to the fans as a new era.

I think the only teams that would refuse Watson if it became a possibility are the Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Browns and Bengals.

If the Texans trade Watson, they may need to put security around the stadium and the owners. There will genuinely be so much anger it may run Capitol Hill riots close !!! As a Browns fan, I think that they would take Watson, if the Texans would take Mayfield and a couple of picks ( or Mayfield, OBJ + a pick?). Mayfield significantly improved this season, but Watson, as you say, is the real deal and still young. However it won't happen for us. 50/50 he stays
NFL Thread on 15:08 - Jan 28 with 1416 viewsDaleiLama

NFL Thread on 16:42 - Jan 27 by Nigeriamark

If the Texans trade Watson, they may need to put security around the stadium and the owners. There will genuinely be so much anger it may run Capitol Hill riots close !!! As a Browns fan, I think that they would take Watson, if the Texans would take Mayfield and a couple of picks ( or Mayfield, OBJ + a pick?). Mayfield significantly improved this season, but Watson, as you say, is the real deal and still young. However it won't happen for us. 50/50 he stays

He's going:

There's likely going to be some musical chairs at QB this year.

Salary cap is one of the issues but this can be manipulated by most franchises. Watson will undoubtedly decide where he wants to play and he has the pick of the bunch. Going to be a really interesting off season with player movements.

NFL Thread on 06:56 - Jan 29 with 1374 viewsNigeriamark

NFL Thread on 15:08 - Jan 28 by DaleiLama

He's going:

There's likely going to be some musical chairs at QB this year.

Salary cap is one of the issues but this can be manipulated by most franchises. Watson will undoubtedly decide where he wants to play and he has the pick of the bunch. Going to be a really interesting off season with player movements.

I hope at this early stage the Browns at least give an expression of interest. Nothing against Mayfield who has improved but Watson will advance 25+ teams by a few seasons. Apparently half of all teams have picked up the phone to the Texans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024