Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Postponements 12:53 - Dec 23 with 22990 viewsboromat

4 games off this weekend in League One due to Covid-19 infiltrating football club 'bubbles'.

This doesn't bode well for the season I think we're lucky there's not been too many called off due to weather so far but there could be some pile up of fixtures if this is what we are to expect every week. I know there's been talking of a football circuit breaker. I'm not sure how that would work.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Covid Postponements on 08:37 - Dec 31 with 2274 viewsNigeriamark

Covid Postponements on 22:32 - Dec 30 by scarrow

Let's hope so. Logically there must be a way to mass vaccinate those who 'want to be. I'm mid 40s so will be low down on the list but heres hoping that the country can start to move again when a big percentage of people are jabbed.

the BBC are saying that the government hope to vaccinate 2,000,000 a week soon. However no definition of what soon means. It also depends on whether they only consider people covered after the second shot ( which is probably as per the regulations for getting approval) or if they will consider it after the first one. there is usually a big difference in immunity between the two
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 10:21]
Covid Postponements on 13:02 - Dec 31 with 2095 viewsD_Alien

Covid Postponements on 08:37 - Dec 31 by Nigeriamark

the BBC are saying that the government hope to vaccinate 2,000,000 a week soon. However no definition of what soon means. It also depends on whether they only consider people covered after the second shot ( which is probably as per the regulations for getting approval) or if they will consider it after the first one. there is usually a big difference in immunity between the two
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 10:21]

You're correct in saying both vaccines are currently licensed on a two-dose basis, and some interesting scientific opinions regarding the increased roll-out of the first dose:

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-the-oxford-astrazeneca-cov

The MHRA have given a provisional figure of around 70% immunity of the AZ vaccine about 3 weeks after the initial dose, but as these opinions suggest, this figure is by no means established

And happy new year to you too!

[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 13:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid Postponements on 18:19 - Jan 3 with 1810 viewsboromat

Wigan's next 2 games have now been postponed.

Not sure what the guidelines are but it doesn't seem like clubs are testing to see who is fit to play it's more like as soon as you have a positive case or two they all isolate for 10 days generally meaning 2 games are postponed. This is probably the safest approach but seems to differ to the premier League City play tonight with 6 players out.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Covid Postponements on 16:06 - Jan 4 with 1684 viewsShun

More stringent restrictions expected from tonight, 8pm.
Covid Postponements on 16:54 - Jan 4 with 1622 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 16:06 - Jan 4 by Shun

More stringent restrictions expected from tonight, 8pm.

What is left where we live apart from school closures? We are in the same situation as November.

The level of vaccinations should be scaled up markedly.
Covid Postponements on 17:09 - Jan 4 with 1582 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 16:54 - Jan 4 by isitme

What is left where we live apart from school closures? We are in the same situation as November.

The level of vaccinations should be scaled up markedly.

Your Prime Minister keeps telling us schools are safe. I heard it with my own ears yesterday morning.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Covid Postponements on 17:16 - Jan 4 with 1566 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 17:09 - Jan 4 by TVOS1907

Your Prime Minister keeps telling us schools are safe. I heard it with my own ears yesterday morning.

Absolutely and I for one would never advocate for school closures.

From the unscientific straw poll of teachers I speak to I don't know anyone who feels 'unsafe', although the odd one may feel a bit more anxious than others.

Have you been asked if you would like a weekly lateral flow test yet?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 17:17]
Covid Postponements on 17:22 - Jan 4 with 1541 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 17:16 - Jan 4 by isitme

Absolutely and I for one would never advocate for school closures.

From the unscientific straw poll of teachers I speak to I don't know anyone who feels 'unsafe', although the odd one may feel a bit more anxious than others.

Have you been asked if you would like a weekly lateral flow test yet?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 17:17]

No, but we've only been back a day and we had to sort out what we were doing with the kids first, you know, those who've had to isolate several times since September in this safe environment.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Postponements on 18:03 - Jan 4 with 1484 viewsDalenet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55530424

David thinks football will be suspended for a while.

And best wishes to his mum
Covid Postponements on 18:08 - Jan 4 with 1468 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 17:22 - Jan 4 by TVOS1907

No, but we've only been back a day and we had to sort out what we were doing with the kids first, you know, those who've had to isolate several times since September in this safe environment.

Well it looks like they are out till half term according to the leaks.
Covid Postponements on 18:28 - Jan 4 with 1432 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 18:08 - Jan 4 by isitme

Well it looks like they are out till half term according to the leaks.

Isn't that in Wales.........

Covid Postponements on 18:41 - Jan 4 with 1402 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 18:28 - Jan 4 by TVOS1907

Isn't that in Wales.........

[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 18:42]
Covid Postponements on 18:45 - Jan 4 with 1385 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 18:41 - Jan 4 by isitme

"Leaks"

Wales.....

Covid Postponements on 19:03 - Jan 4 with 1340 views49thseason

People should note that none of the currently available vaccines have been through a proper Phase 1,2,3. Testing regime which normally take years to assess long term impact. The AZ P3 results are not expected for another 2 years and the Russian arm of their trials has been stopped following a severe event in the UK ( 37 year old nurse with spinal inflammation)

Extract from report by the US Centre for disease control:
"On December the 18th 112,807 people were injected with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in the U.S. Of these, 3,150 were subsequently unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work, required care from doctor or health care professional. This is an HIE rate of 2.8%". .. HIE = health impact event

Comment from UK journalist Iain Davies:
"This suggests that among the first 10 million people to receive the vaccine in the UK, around 280,000 may find themselves unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work and require medical care as a result. As it is the most vulnerable who are the first to receive this vaccine, given the tiny risk of mortality from the COVID 19 disease, it is by no means clear that this is a risk worth taking."
https://off-guardian.org/2021/01/03/what-vaccine-trials/
Covid Postponements on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 1330 viewsmightydale

Covid Postponements on 18:41 - Jan 4 by isitme

What do you think will happen when schools open again ( this was predicted in September and surprise surprise lockdown an schools closed)

Increase testing, cases rise, repeat, protect the NHS, save lives, enter lockdown, testing slows, cases reduce, lockdown ends. Increase testing, cases rise, repeat, protect the NHS, save lives, enter lockdown, testing slows, cases reduce, lockdown ends See how this works yet!!!

Lemmings comes to mind

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Covid Postponements on 19:23 - Jan 4 with 1290 views442Dale

Covid Postponements on 19:03 - Jan 4 by 49thseason

People should note that none of the currently available vaccines have been through a proper Phase 1,2,3. Testing regime which normally take years to assess long term impact. The AZ P3 results are not expected for another 2 years and the Russian arm of their trials has been stopped following a severe event in the UK ( 37 year old nurse with spinal inflammation)

"On December the 18th 112,807 people were injected with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in the U.S. Of these, 3,150 were subsequently unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work, required care from doctor or health care professional. This is an HIE rate of 2.8%". .. HIE = health impact event

"This suggests that among the first 10 million people to receive the vaccine in the UK, around 280,000 may find themselves unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work and require medical care as a result. As it is the most vulnerable who are the first to receive this vaccine, given the tiny risk of mortality from the COVID 19 disease, it is by no means clear that this is a risk worth taking."

Think people are fully aware of the speed at which the vaccines have been developed. They’ve also passed checks in various places across the globe enabling them to be now be administered.

Unless there’s another option of course.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid Postponements on 19:26 - Jan 4 with 1278 viewsD_Alien

How about you just "note it" yourself, and take appropriate action, i.e. refuse to be vaccinated? You can then mix with all and sundry who, having been vaccinated, may be transmitting, or not

Your choice, your chances

You're welcome

PS: but i should add, please also take out comprehensive private healthcare insurance, so as not to become a burden on the NHS should you by any chance develop severe breathing difficulties

[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 19:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid Postponements on 19:32 - Jan 4 with 1256 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 19:08 - Jan 4 by mightydale

What do you think will happen when schools open again ( this was predicted in September and surprise surprise lockdown an schools closed)

Increase testing, cases rise, repeat, protect the NHS, save lives, enter lockdown, testing slows, cases reduce, lockdown ends. Increase testing, cases rise, repeat, protect the NHS, save lives, enter lockdown, testing slows, cases reduce, lockdown ends See how this works yet!!!

Lemmings comes to mind

Well when they introduce mass testing on reopening 'cases' will go through the roof.

By the middle of September you always get quiet a few kids off as the respiratory infection season starts and the effects of mixing with new people or people they haven't seen for a while takes hold. It is always worst just before Christmas as they are knackered. It is worse at universities as you are bringing people and their own strains of bugs together from all over the country.

The only issue with your vicious cycle is that testing isn't slowing.
Covid Postponements on 19:48 - Jan 4 with 1206 viewsJames1980

It's what is done after the mass testing that's important. If those that test positive and their contacts all isolate properly then the virus starts to get under control, if enough ignore the instruction to isolate it carries on spreading. Other countries have got a better handle on this using TTTI systems that are effective. Some places mask use has been taken up by a vast majority and they are worn PROPERLY. We are going into a third lockdown because we have a government who have been interested in lining their mates pockets instead of doing the right thing. Don't get me started on the attention seeking, contrarion, contingent of the populous.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid Postponements on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 1177 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 19:48 - Jan 4 by James1980

It's what is done after the mass testing that's important. If those that test positive and their contacts all isolate properly then the virus starts to get under control, if enough ignore the instruction to isolate it carries on spreading. Other countries have got a better handle on this using TTTI systems that are effective. Some places mask use has been taken up by a vast majority and they are worn PROPERLY. We are going into a third lockdown because we have a government who have been interested in lining their mates pockets instead of doing the right thing. Don't get me started on the attention seeking, contrarion, contingent of the populous.

Please will you tell me which countries are making effective use of track and trace.
Covid Postponements on 20:01 - Jan 4 with 1148 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just in case anybody thinks the link posted here is by the newspaper The Guardian, it is not. It is a Twitter thing called Off-Guardian which essentially disseminates fake news.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Covid Postponements on 20:03 - Jan 4 with 1145 viewsJames1980

Covid Postponements on 19:52 - Jan 4 by isitme

Please will you tell me which countries are making effective use of track and trace.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2020-04-22/t

Taiwan back in April for a start https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/taiwan/ 815 cases and 7 deaths

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid Postponements on 20:12 - Jan 4 with 1127 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 20:03 - Jan 4 by James1980

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2020-04-22/t

Taiwan back in April for a start https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/taiwan/ 815 cases and 7 deaths

Thanks. That article is from April, anything a bit more recent showing long term success in track and trace?

All the recent articles I've seen from mainland Europe especially France and Germany have shown that it has had similar results to England. Japan and South Korea have had greater success with it but they test significantly fewer people than we do and focus more on cluster tracing. Levels of infection in countries such as Taiwan have also been significantly lower for a variety of reasons levels of obesity and greater preexisting immunity due to exposure to SARS to name just two.

I don't disagree that more effective use of track and trace would be useful but in practice it is more difficult to use effectively than in theory. Maybe local tracing systems would have been better?
Covid Postponements on 20:15 - Jan 4 with 1115 viewsDalenet

So all Elite sport incl the Premier League must not continue under the new lockdown rules according to Sky
Covid Postponements on 20:19 - Jan 4 with 1101 views442Dale

Covid Postponements on 20:15 - Jan 4 by Dalenet

So all Elite sport incl the Premier League must not continue under the new lockdown rules according to Sky

Think that was an error. Elite sport can continue.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024