Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another legend gone... 19:13 - Jan 5 with 2062 viewsIgnatius_Sancho

Another legend gone... on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 1994 viewsDalenet

RIP. A true city legend
Another legend gone... on 09:02 - Jan 6 with 1750 viewsSheffdale

A graceful player and humble with it according to reports. I remember in the mid 1960s seeing Colin Bell play for Bury against Bolton who fielded Francis Lee. Gigg Lane was rocking that evening as our Dads took us to see a better standard of football than we were used to at Spotland. How times change...
Another legend gone... on 12:50 - Jan 6 with 1639 viewsD_Alien

City put out a very strong team against us in the League Cup tie at Maine Road in September 1972. Bell would've been in his prime then

It was my first visit to a ground in the top tier and although the details are hazy, the general consensus was that 4-0 was a decent scoreline for Dale! Wonder if anyone's got a programme?

Pretty sure Bell and the other top players turned out that night

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another legend gone... on 13:42 - Jan 6 with 1588 viewsjonahwhereru

Not a City fan but i adored Colin Bell in my youth. The best box to box player of his generation. He set the template for all those that rolled, including Jonah.
Enjoy that pitch in the after life Colin, and thank you.
Another legend gone... on 20:03 - Jan 6 with 1481 viewspioneer

Another legend gone... on 13:42 - Jan 6 by jonahwhereru

Not a City fan but i adored Colin Bell in my youth. The best box to box player of his generation. He set the template for all those that rolled, including Jonah.
Enjoy that pitch in the after life Colin, and thank you.

Corrigan, book, donachie, bell booth towers summerbee, marsh davies jefferies lee sub oakes

goals marsh (2) bell lee

first division teams played their strongest teams in league cup in those days.
Another legend gone... on 20:59 - Jan 6 with 1428 viewsEllDale

Another legend gone... on 12:50 - Jan 6 by D_Alien

City put out a very strong team against us in the League Cup tie at Maine Road in September 1972. Bell would've been in his prime then

It was my first visit to a ground in the top tier and although the details are hazy, the general consensus was that 4-0 was a decent scoreline for Dale! Wonder if anyone's got a programme?

Pretty sure Bell and the other top players turned out that night

Watched that game from the Kippax. First and only time I stood there although there wasn’t a relatively massive crowd. Around 20000 from memory.
City played all theOr big names and I can’t really remember us having too many efforts on goal.
Worth going to tick the box though and for the experience.
Another legend gone... on 21:12 - Jan 6 with 1414 viewspioneer

Another legend gone... on 20:59 - Jan 6 by EllDale

Watched that game from the Kippax. First and only time I stood there although there wasn’t a relatively massive crowd. Around 20000 from memory.
City played all theOr big names and I can’t really remember us having too many efforts on goal.
Worth going to tick the box though and for the experience.

17,220 plus you and me!
Another legend gone... on 10:53 - Jan 7 with 1209 viewsdalefertcup2

Another legend gone... on 21:12 - Jan 6 by pioneer

17,220 plus you and me!

...and me, Cant recall much about the game at all, just my dads car getting keyed while we were there.
Login to get fewer ads

Another legend gone... on 05:40 - Jan 8 with 1066 viewspioneer

Another legend gone... on 10:53 - Jan 7 by dalefertcup2

...and me, Cant recall much about the game at all, just my dads car getting keyed while we were there.

No, the crowd was 17222 so you were one of the 17220!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024