Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' cricket 07:23 - Jan 11 with 16346 viewsD_Alien

Anyone else been following the Indian tour of Australia?

Three great matches so far, the third test just ended with India 330-5 after being asked to make 407. Looked on at one point before Pant was out for 97, but just 3 wickets taken on the final day

All set now for the decider, and Rahane's captaincy has turned it around since the first test debacle under Kohli

England due to start in Sri Lanka soon, too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' cricket on 07:55 - Jan 11 with 3964 viewsfitzochris

I’ve been staying up as late as I can manage to watch these games and then watching highlights the following day.

Would it be the same outcome if India had a fully fit squad? Maybe, but then you have to say that beyond Labuschagne and Smith, the Australian batting hasn’t been consistently strong. They’ve been good in the field though - and that run out by Hazlewood was sublime.

It was an achievable declaration target from Australia in my opinion, and fair play to India for for almost making it but digging in and getting the draw when that was taken away.

It’s great to watch cricket again and, as you say, it’ll be England’s turn again very soon. After what South Africa did to Sri Lanka, my expectations are high (but no doubt we will implode now).
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 15:07]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

T' cricket on 09:00 - Jan 11 with 3918 viewspioneer

T' cricket on 07:55 - Jan 11 by fitzochris

I’ve been staying up as late as I can manage to watch these games and then watching highlights the following day.

Would it be the same outcome if India had a fully fit squad? Maybe, but then you have to say that beyond Labuschagne and Smith, the Australian batting hasn’t been consistently strong. They’ve been good in the field though - and that run out by Hazlewood was sublime.

It was an achievable declaration target from Australia in my opinion, and fair play to India for for almost making it but digging in and getting the draw when that was taken away.

It’s great to watch cricket again and, as you say, it’ll be England’s turn again very soon. After what South Africa did to Sri Lanka, my expectations are high (but no doubt we will implode now).
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 15:07]

winner takes all and Aussies defending their long unbeaten run at the Gabba...but most of those Gabba games have been the first test with the visitors still getting used to Aussie conditions. Not the case for the fourth and final test.

And greater brisbane moving out of a 3 day complete shutdown because they had 1 covid case from a UK arrival.
T' cricket on 09:55 - Jan 11 with 3901 viewsSandyman

This has been a fascinating series between two very good teams. Come on India!
T' cricket on 17:08 - Jan 12 with 3768 viewsNigeriamark

2 more days to go. Looking forward to being in the office with TMS on in the background. I fancy us to win both games but with what has happened in Australia the games won't matter in terms of who gets to the first Test World Cup Final. Almost nailed on to be India and the Aussies
T' cricket on 19:51 - Jan 12 with 3721 viewspioneer

T' cricket on 17:08 - Jan 12 by Nigeriamark

2 more days to go. Looking forward to being in the office with TMS on in the background. I fancy us to win both games but with what has happened in Australia the games won't matter in terms of who gets to the first Test World Cup Final. Almost nailed on to be India and the Aussies

Aussies back to their old tricks with Paine and Smith showing their true colours. It could get nasty.
T' cricket on 05:41 - Jan 14 with 3631 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 19:51 - Jan 12 by pioneer

Aussies back to their old tricks with Paine and Smith showing their true colours. It could get nasty.

Sri Lanka win the toss & decide to bat. Great start by England with SL 25-3. Broad chosen over Anderson & takes 2 in an over
T' cricket on 06:36 - Jan 14 with 3626 viewsD_Alien

65-3 at lunch

Somehow, checking the test score on waking, from halfway round the world, provides some sense of normality in these strangest of times; much more than the football

T' cricket on 08:48 - Jan 14 with 3589 viewsAtThePeake

Sri Lanka have been unlucky at times with the Hasaranga and Dickwella wickets but mostly dreadful in this innings. Bess hasn't actually bowled particularly well but as I write has 4-30!

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

T' cricket on 08:55 - Jan 14 with 3585 viewsDaleiLama

T' cricket on 08:48 - Jan 14 by AtThePeake

Sri Lanka have been unlucky at times with the Hasaranga and Dickwella wickets but mostly dreadful in this innings. Bess hasn't actually bowled particularly well but as I write has 4-30!

Or Lundwella in Hindi

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

T' cricket on 08:58 - Jan 14 with 3584 viewsAtThePeake

T' cricket on 08:48 - Jan 14 by AtThePeake

Five-fer...!

Tangled up in blue.

T' cricket on 09:18 - Jan 14 with 3574 viewsChaffRAFC

A truly awful batting performane but very pleased for Dom Bess.

Test cricket is a very different game these days. Opening with spinners, trying to score from every delivery. I miss classic test cricket.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

T' cricket on 13:47 - Jan 14 with 3491 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 09:18 - Jan 14 by ChaffRAFC

A truly awful batting performane but very pleased for Dom Bess.

Test cricket is a very different game these days. Opening with spinners, trying to score from every delivery. I miss classic test cricket.

Very pleasing day. I was worried when we lost the toss as you don't want to go int a 5th day batting in the 4th innings in SL. A big lead tomorrow may mean that they struggle to post any sort of lead on days 3 or 4. Dreaming of an innings win now ( kiss of death !!)
T' cricket on 14:33 - Jan 14 with 3474 viewsfitzochris

Only caught the tail end of Sri Lanka's batting and the entirety of England's innings before close. Looking forward to watching the highlights when I clock off, although the standard hadn't been great until Root got his eye in. I hope he goes on to convert his 50 to a ton tomorrow.

T' cricket on 04:17 - Jan 15 with 3408 viewsAtThePeake

Up at 4.15am googling the weather forecast in a city 6,000 miles away. What a ridiculous sport.

Tangled up in blue.

T' cricket on 04:51 - Jan 15 with 3395 viewspioneer

T' cricket on 04:17 - Jan 15 by AtThePeake

Up at 4.15am googling the weather forecast in a city 6,000 miles away. What a ridiculous sport.

Big bad game in Brisbane recently had delayed start because of rain 2000 kms away! TV Chanel covering both games an d wouldn’t let the Brisbane game start until delayed Hobart game finished
T' cricket on 07:44 - Jan 15 with 3367 viewsfitzochris

Lunch taken with agonising timing! Root needs one for his ton.

T' cricket on 08:12 - Jan 15 with 3356 viewstony_roch975

T' cricket on 07:44 - Jan 15 by fitzochris

Lunch taken with agonising timing! Root needs one for his ton.

well done Root, monkey off his back; the new lad Dan Lawrence looks a good'un

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

T' cricket on 09:32 - Jan 15 with 3326 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 08:12 - Jan 15 by tony_roch975

well done Root, monkey off his back; the new lad Dan Lawrence looks a good'un

we are just a top spinner away from being able to chase the number 1 spot.

However SL are playing poorly too which helps in this particular match
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 9:34]
T' cricket on 21:23 - Jan 15 with 3237 viewsD_Alien

For anyone planning on following play tomorrow, just a reminder that it starts early (4.15am GMT) due to the rain delays

T' cricket on 06:50 - Jan 17 with 3150 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 21:23 - Jan 15 by D_Alien

For anyone planning on following play tomorrow, just a reminder that it starts early (4.15am GMT) due to the rain delays

Good fight back by SL.We need a good second session today otherwise they will be ahead and on track for a 100+ lead. Anything can then happen in the 4th innings. Forecast for a bit of rain too tomorrow
T' cricket on 10:15 - Jan 17 with 3116 viewsfitzochris

T' cricket on 06:50 - Jan 17 by Nigeriamark

Good fight back by SL.We need a good second session today otherwise they will be ahead and on track for a 100+ lead. Anything can then happen in the 4th innings. Forecast for a bit of rain too tomorrow

The spinners are slowly digging us out of this but fair play to Sri Lanka for turning this into something resembling a slight contest.

T' cricket on 11:22 - Jan 17 with 3089 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 10:15 - Jan 17 by fitzochris

The spinners are slowly digging us out of this but fair play to Sri Lanka for turning this into something resembling a slight contest.

Might not be so slight!

Great effort by SL to set us what seems a nominal target, but one down in the first over!

Good test cricket

T' cricket on 11:34 - Jan 17 with 3074 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 11:22 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Might not be so slight!

Great effort by SL to set us what seems a nominal target, but one down in the first over!

Good test cricket

12-2 now

Root in now hopefully to steady the ship
T' cricket on 11:38 - Jan 17 with 3073 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 11:34 - Jan 17 by Nigeriamark

12-2 now

Run out, FFS

T' cricket on 11:39 - Jan 17 with 3065 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 11:34 - Jan 17 by Nigeriamark

12-2 now

perhaps not

14-3 , root run out by miles. Panic stations??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024