Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders 10:21 - Jan 15 with 13663 views34dfgdf54

Set to sign on 6 month loan according to the Telegraph and Mitchelmore

[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 10:30]
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 09:53 - Jan 16 with 1867 viewsjack_lord

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 09:24 - Jan 16 by Thornburyswan

Also not sure how & if the new border controls might impact this deal - as a minimum would likely delay any move & joining the first team squad.

I was wondering how the closing of travel corridors was going to affect this deal.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 09:55 - Jan 16 with 1862 viewsWhiterockin

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 09:53 - Jan 16 by jack_lord

I was wondering how the closing of travel corridors was going to affect this deal.

Are elite sports people still exempt?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:07 - Jan 16 with 1828 viewsThornburyswan

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 09:55 - Jan 16 by Whiterockin

Are elite sports people still exempt?

Could be but with current tightening of restrictions plus Celtic’s crazy Dubai trip in the news might explain why so few transfers are happening.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:16 - Jan 16 with 1803 viewsWhiterockin

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:07 - Jan 16 by Thornburyswan

Could be but with current tightening of restrictions plus Celtic’s crazy Dubai trip in the news might explain why so few transfers are happening.

Champions league is due to resume a month today.

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 1755 viewsdobjack2

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 09:24 - Jan 16 by Thornburyswan

Also not sure how & if the new border controls might impact this deal - as a minimum would likely delay any move & joining the first team squad.

The points criteria for a pass as an overseas signing are mind numbing. MLS is a band 4 league and the USA are ranked 24th in FIFA world rankings.

Need 15 points or an automatic pass for there to be no issues with a signing, 10-14 points need to go in front of an exceptions panel.

Over the last 24 months to get an automatic pass for a team ranked 24th by FIFA he needs to have played in at least 60% of the internationals that he was available for (I.e he wasn’t injured or suspended)

After that it gets complicated; the criteria and definitions cover 36 pages on the FA site.

If he doesn’t qualify for an automatic pass it drops to 10 points for appearances in 50-59%, 9 points for 40-49%, 8 points for 30-39% down to 7 points for 20-29%

There are additional points for the percentage domestic minutes played: with 90-100% in a band 4 league getting 6 points with a point being lost for every 10% drop in appearances.

Then there are points for other things as well such as percentage minutes played in continental competitions (European competitions etc) and the final league position of the players last club.

It’s quite complicated unless a player either has an automatic pass or a high international score and percentage minutes score domestically and/or in continental competitions. It’s clearly designed so that for non youth players only regular internationals or players playing regularly for clubs doing well in highly ranked leagues can be automatically signed.

Time will tell how the exceptions panel works.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:31 - Jan 16 with 1724 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tommy Hutchison has 20 games with the Sounders back in 1980 when the off season loans went the other way. Today it would not be allowed to give players rest time to extend their carrer. Tommy played well into his forties.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 11:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:59 - Jan 16 with 1689 viewsBadlands

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:09 - Jan 16 by dobjack2

The points criteria for a pass as an overseas signing are mind numbing. MLS is a band 4 league and the USA are ranked 24th in FIFA world rankings.

Need 15 points or an automatic pass for there to be no issues with a signing, 10-14 points need to go in front of an exceptions panel.

Over the last 24 months to get an automatic pass for a team ranked 24th by FIFA he needs to have played in at least 60% of the internationals that he was available for (I.e he wasn’t injured or suspended)

After that it gets complicated; the criteria and definitions cover 36 pages on the FA site.

If he doesn’t qualify for an automatic pass it drops to 10 points for appearances in 50-59%, 9 points for 40-49%, 8 points for 30-39% down to 7 points for 20-29%

There are additional points for the percentage domestic minutes played: with 90-100% in a band 4 league getting 6 points with a point being lost for every 10% drop in appearances.

Then there are points for other things as well such as percentage minutes played in continental competitions (European competitions etc) and the final league position of the players last club.

It’s quite complicated unless a player either has an automatic pass or a high international score and percentage minutes score domestically and/or in continental competitions. It’s clearly designed so that for non youth players only regular internationals or players playing regularly for clubs doing well in highly ranked leagues can be automatically signed.

Time will tell how the exceptions panel works.

Obviously these are the same for players from any country outside the 4 'home nations'.
Outside the EU we would never have gained the success brought by Flynn onwards Gueret - Michu would not have qualifies automatically. No Ferrie, Roberto, Scotland, Rangel, Pablo etc.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 13:58 - Jan 16 with 1625 viewsAnotherJohn

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:31 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Tommy Hutchison has 20 games with the Sounders back in 1980 when the off season loans went the other way. Today it would not be allowed to give players rest time to extend their carrer. Tommy played well into his forties.

I remember seeing Tommy playing for Merthyr at the Vetch (probably in the Welsh Cup) when he was well past 40. He was still a popular man and some lads on the North Bank gave him a few rounds of the old Tommy Hutchinson chant. One wag shouted out, "Tommy you old b**tard, why don't you hang up your boots". Personally I thought he had a good game and still had something to offer. I think a year or two later he took a post as a community football development officer in Swansea, and did that for a while.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 15:23 - Jan 16 with 1526 viewsdobjack2

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:59 - Jan 16 by Badlands

Obviously these are the same for players from any country outside the 4 'home nations'.
Outside the EU we would never have gained the success brought by Flynn onwards Gueret - Michu would not have qualifies automatically. No Ferrie, Roberto, Scotland, Rangel, Pablo etc.

Exactly- scouting “unknown”talent outside of the home nations looks a thing of the past.

Won’t affect the clubs that buy in established internationals for big bucks
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 15:25 - Jan 16 with 1518 viewsKeithHaynes

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:31 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

I could be wrong but in certain he was 42 when he tore Panathaniakos apart at the vetch.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 15:58 - Jan 16 with 1475 viewsAnotherJohn

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 15:25 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

I could be wrong but in certain he was 42 when he tore Panathaniakos apart at the vetch.

That seems feasible . Your post made me check. Tommy was born in September 1947 and left the Swans in 1991, aged 43. He then played for Merthyr for 3 seasons, before retiring from professional football. He stayed in South Wales until 2012, working for part of the time as a football development officer, and then went back to live in Scotland.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:56 - Jan 17 with 1345 views34dfgdf54

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:56 - Jan 17 with 1343 viewsnantywatcher

This could be massive!!
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:00 - Jan 17 with 1324 viewsNortbankboy

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:56 - Jan 17 by nantywatcher

This could be massive!!

Don't know anything about him.
Would he be a better signing than max watters?
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:12 - Jan 17 with 1303 views34dfgdf54

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:56 - Jan 17 by nantywatcher

This could be massive!!

What makes you say that Nanty? Have you seen much of him?

I’m not sure what to think about it, opinion of the fans in MLS seem split down the middle and he’s used to playing on carpets. I haven’t seen enough of him to have an educated opinion but gut feeling is he may struggle.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:15 - Jan 17 with 1293 viewsDr_Winston

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:00 - Jan 17 by Nortbankboy

If you believe that MLS is generally of a higher standard than League Two then he's got a much more significant track record than Watters. Scores one in three in the league, which is a good clip for someone who doesn't seem to be used as an out and out striker.

Otherwise from his highlight video he's a big unit, likes a showboat now and again. Good range of passing, predominantly right footed but comfortable with his left. Could be an interesting one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:16 - Jan 17 with 1282 viewsthornabyswan

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:00 - Jan 17 by Nortbankboy

Dont know anything about either so only time will tell.

Watters wont get much service though at Cardiff Wilson looks like a fish out of water there playing out wide.

Dont think Liverpool will be rushing to loan them players again.

I would take either I think but if I had to pick one it would be Morris.

It would be nice if we could sign our own players though instead of loans but the main objective has to be quality with the PL beckoning.

And I trust our scouts to find the right players get the Villa player in as well and we have hell of a chance
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 12:22]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:20 - Jan 17 with 1264 viewsNortbankboy

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:16 - Jan 17 by thornabyswan

Watters wont get much service though at Cardiff Wilson looks like a fish out of water there playing out wide.

It would be nice if we could sign our own players though instead of loans but the main objective has to be quality with the PL beckoning.

And I trust our scouts to find the right players get the Villa player in as well and we have hell of a chance

Perhaps Cardiff style of play will suit watters bettet.
I see they signed a 6ft4 centre half.
We had better watch Conner Roberts they be after him for his throw ins!
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:28 - Jan 17 with 1250 viewsKeithHaynes

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:15 - Jan 17 by Dr_Winston

If you believe that MLS is generally of a higher standard than League Two then he's got a much more significant track record than Watters. Scores one in three in the league, which is a good clip for someone who doesn't seem to be used as an out and out striker.

Otherwise from his highlight video he's a big unit, likes a showboat now and again. Good range of passing, predominantly right footed but comfortable with his left. Could be an interesting one.

Morris paperwork done mate, just the usual formalities.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:32 - Jan 17 with 1235 viewsthornabyswan

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:28 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

Morris paperwork done mate, just the usual formalities.

I know you cant tell much from a youtube clip but he did look a good addition.

Cooper stated there could be more than 3 in which to me indicates there maybe some more outgoing as well Dhanda maybe if Houlrahan comes in

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:37 - Jan 17 with 1225 viewsmagicdaps10

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:32 - Jan 17 by thornabyswan

I know you cant tell much from a youtube clip but he did look a good addition.

Cooper stated there could be more than 3 in which to me indicates there maybe some more outgoing as well Dhanda maybe if Houlrahan comes in

He said that he wants to replace what's gone plus others.

Morris replaces Gykores as winger/striker
Hamer has come in for Benda
MGW*
Palmer*

Plus we always wanted a Centre Forward.*

* That's the three there.

If there are others who go then I am sure replacement will be sought if the deal is right.
Got a lot of wages freed up with the 3 that have left after being recalled.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:50 - Jan 17 with 1184 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:37 - Jan 17 by magicdaps10

He said that he wants to replace what's gone plus others.

Morris replaces Gykores as winger/striker
Hamer has come in for Benda
MGW*
Palmer*

Plus we always wanted a Centre Forward.*

* That's the three there.

If there are others who go then I am sure replacement will be sought if the deal is right.
Got a lot of wages freed up with the 3 that have left after being recalled.

And we’ve got the Rodon money coming in too. Excellent financial management. Get Hourihane in and we’ll almost be nailed on top two.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:54 - Jan 17 with 1179 viewsBadlands

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:16 - Jan 17 by thornabyswan

A loan or two is fine but I'm not keen on too many.
But, not knowing when a normal situation is going to return maybe it is better not to take on too much financial commitment.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 13:22 - Jan 17 with 1132 viewsWhiterockin

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:54 - Jan 17 by Badlands

A loan or two is fine but I'm not keen on too many.
But, not knowing when a normal situation is going to return maybe it is better not to take on too much financial commitment.

Buying players in this window is going to be difficult, we are buying in the Championship but any long term deal also has to have one eye on possible promotion.

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 13:46 - Jan 17 with 1102 viewsnantywatcher

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:12 - Jan 17 by 34dfgdf54

What makes you say that Nanty? Have you seen much of him?

I’m not sure what to think about it, opinion of the fans in MLS seem split down the middle and he’s used to playing on carpets. I haven’t seen enough of him to have an educated opinion but gut feeling is he may struggle.

Seen more than enough to know he's good enough. Depends on how long it takes to adapt to life and work 3,000 miles from home.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024