Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan 14:50 - Jan 15 with 26328 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53914/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:49 - Jan 17 with 1519 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 22:25 - Jan 16 by Dalenet

Just watched BBMs post match snippet - at least he admits we didn't play well. Thank feck for that. He knows that the players can do better and its his job to make that clear. However he did think that we would have enjoyed it had we been there.

Think that's the most critical he's been which is nice to see.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:58 - Jan 17 with 1494 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 14:22 - Jan 17 by fitzochris

Sadly shows such as the one on Quest, as good as they can be, are partly fed by so-called social media bloggers and ‘experts’ who actually haven’t witnessed any of our games first hand.

I had an interesting chat with one such who challenged my point of view as harsh. Fair enough, I thought, but then it transpired he actually hadn’t seen a single Dale game this season. At that point, I switched off from anything he had to say.

Sadly, some people do listen to these people and their point of view becomes accepted logic or, worse, fact.

Do you mean that Gabriel Sutton?

I challenged his views on Henderson's departure in the summer, but he just ended up spitting his dummy (Sutton, not Henderson).

He seems to have a lot of followers, though.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 1472 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:58 - Jan 17 by TVOS1907

Do you mean that Gabriel Sutton?

I challenged his views on Henderson's departure in the summer, but he just ended up spitting his dummy (Sutton, not Henderson).

He seems to have a lot of followers, though.

He’s one of them, yes. They amass followers because they purport to have a lowdown on every club in the lower leagues.

They don’t.

People buy into it though.

They claim to be tapped into a fan base but usually have the ear of two or three, some of them happy clappers. It’s not a reliable cross section.

The worst though, are those ‘transfer accounts’ who actually just make stuff up. Again, people get sucked in by it and these accounts also have worryingly high followings.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:29 - Jan 17 with 1417 viewsdiver

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:49 - Jan 17 by boromat

Think that's the most critical he's been which is nice to see.

Will find out at Donnie on Tuesday night
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:31 - Jan 17 with 1409 viewsonedalefan

Sadly shows such as the one on Quest, as good as they can be, are partly fed by so-called social media bloggers and ‘experts’ who actually haven’t witnessed any of our games first hand.

I had an interesting chat with one such who challenged my point of view as harsh. Fair enough, I thought, but then it transpired he actually hadn’t seen a single Dale game this season. At that point, I switched off from anything he had to say.

Sadly, some people do listen to these people and their point of view becomes accepted logic or, worse, fact.

Is that the same Quest that said the scorer of our second goal was 'Jack' Beesley?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:38 - Jan 17 with 1395 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:31 - Jan 17 by onedalefan

Is that the same Quest that said the scorer of our second goal was 'Jack' Beesley?

Yes and he wasn't even in the box

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:46 - Jan 17 with 1349 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:38 - Jan 17 by judd

Yes and he wasn't even in the box

Jack the Hitman?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 1339 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:31 - Jan 17 by onedalefan

Of all trades, the commentator is master of none

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:09 - Jan 17 with 1296 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:50 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Of all trades, the commentator is master of none

Well, maybe 1

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:18 - Jan 17 with 1262 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:09 - Jan 17 by judd

Well, maybe 1

Does he speak with bated breath?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:57 - Jan 17 with 1171 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:46 - Jan 17 by TVOS1907

Jack the Hitman?

He was celebrating behind the goal in the Sandy for one of them I noticed 😀

Jack the Kitman 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 18:19 - Jan 17 with 1138 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 21:57 - Jan 16 by judd

Even the fookin' nuns chuck in fookin' f fookin ' bombs in fookin' Ireland.

I'm not sure BBM needs to be a tvvat, just needs to be capable of taking difficult decisions, like not having a 1st team Sock darner for the 1st time in our history.

Hey Judd,wash your mouth out.....I have a neighbour who has a First Class Honours Degree in Sock Darning......it's the future of this country after Covid.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 18:43 - Jan 17 with 1083 viewsShun

Quest didn’t actually say anything about open or free-flowing football, they simply said we’re playing attacking football and we’re entertaining at the moment. Nothing wrong with that.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 18:47 - Jan 17 with 1072 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 18:19 - Jan 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hey Judd,wash your mouth out.....I have a neighbour who has a First Class Honours Degree in Sock Darning......it's the future of this country after Covid.

That and ferret keeping tha nose
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 19:10 - Jan 17 with 1018 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 18:43 - Jan 17 by Shun

Quest didn’t actually say anything about open or free-flowing football, they simply said we’re playing attacking football and we’re entertaining at the moment. Nothing wrong with that.

I haven’t said otherwise?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 19:30 - Jan 17 with 965 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 18:19 - Jan 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Where'd he study - University of Middlesox or Soleford?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 19:54 - Jan 17 with 922 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 19:10 - Jan 17 by fitzochris

I haven’t said otherwise?

You were replying to a post that said just that, though, a post I meant to quote, but it was all in the general conversation.

I’m not trying to start something, but it’s becoming apparent that a very small number of Dale fans across here and Twitter feel they have the monopoly on opinions, and ones that don’t match up with theirs are labelled nonsensical or plain incorrect.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 19:59 - Jan 17 with 911 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 18:43 - Jan 17 by Shun

It was my post about "open / free-flowing football", and I paraphrased what was said, but if it was "attacking" then it was still wrong. It's certainly not how I'd describe it, anyway

It has been entertaining, but can anyone say they're happy about our form? It was that as much as anything - the Quest guests giving the impression it'd be just great to be a Dale fan right now, that was way off the mark

In the wider scheme of things, its still pretty trivial, of course

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:02 - Jan 17 with 904 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 19:54 - Jan 17 by Shun

You were replying to a post that said just that, though, a post I meant to quote, but it was all in the general conversation.

I’m not trying to start something, but it’s becoming apparent that a very small number of Dale fans across here and Twitter feel they have the monopoly on opinions, and ones that don’t match up with theirs are labelled nonsensical or plain incorrect.

You’ll see a post of mine on this very thread saying that I respect all opinions that have considered both sides of an argument. However, I won’t respect the opinion of someone who hasn’t even seen a game on which to form his opinion, especially when he’s being slightly disparaging of mine.

Anyway. Enough of that. It was a great and brave equalising goal by Jeff Bezos yesterday, eh?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:03 - Jan 17 with 900 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:02 - Jan 17 by fitzochris

You’ll see a post of mine on this very thread saying that I respect all opinions that have considered both sides of an argument. However, I won’t respect the opinion of someone who hasn’t even seen a game on which to form his opinion, especially when he’s being slightly disparaging of mine.

Anyway. Enough of that. It was a great and brave equalising goal by Jeff Bezos yesterday, eh?

Yep.He's in his prime.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:05 - Jan 17 with 896 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:03 - Jan 17 by judd

Yep.He's in his prime.

The result of a brilliant (next day) delivery.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:06 - Jan 17 with 891 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:03 - Jan 17 by judd

Yep.He's in his prime.

An amazong header.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:08 - Jan 17 with 882 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:05 - Jan 17 by fitzochris

The result of a brilliant (next day) delivery.

In all seriousness, and given the Plymouth experience, cannot understate the bravery in going for that header. It did help that the Wigan keeper kept hold of his pie.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:12 - Jan 17 with 874 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:08 - Jan 17 by judd

In all seriousness, and given the Plymouth experience, cannot understate the bravery in going for that header. It did help that the Wigan keeper kept hold of his pie.

Haha. It was probably tastier than those sold by the new caterer.

And absolutely with regards to the bravery of the header. My post was, of course, more a gentle ribbing of the Quest show’s error with his name.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:15 - Jan 17 with 868 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 20:12 - Jan 17 by fitzochris

Haha. It was probably tastier than those sold by the new caterer.

And absolutely with regards to the bravery of the header. My post was, of course, more a gentle ribbing of the Quest show’s error with his name.

He probably couldn't afford our pies on a footballers wage

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024