Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stefan Johansen 14:56 - Jan 20 with 17854 viewsDieByYourSide

Interest our side for a loan deal (per Sean Gallagher)

Dirty bastard by the looks of it but good Championship pedigree, 55 Norway caps. Left out of Fulham's PL squad so seems like it could make sense for all parties on the face of it...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Stefan Johansen on 10:57 - Jan 24 with 5249 viewsted_hendrix

Stefan Johansen on 10:50 - Jan 24 by Gloucs_R

If you believe the rumblings then we have been linked to an arsenal winger too. Although feel that we need a left back more than anything else, other than a centre mid.

Don't want to jump on Niko's back but the left back situation for me is the priority.
Who that player is I don't know and if he'll be any better again I don't know but Niko is our weakest link (IMO).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stefan Johansen on 15:17 - Jan 24 with 4978 viewsqprd

Stefan Johansen on 10:57 - Jan 24 by ted_hendrix

Don't want to jump on Niko's back but the left back situation for me is the priority.
Who that player is I don't know and if he'll be any better again I don't know but Niko is our weakest link (IMO).

Niko had a rough game ystd and he prob is our weakest link (now that Cameron is out of central midfield)

having said that, i wouldnt say hes necessarily costing us points... the back 3 set up kind of covers up some of his defensive blemishes

saw the johannsen video at the top of the thread... looks like a real dirtbag, but perhaps what our team needs... cant be anywhere worse than what weve got
Stefan Johansen on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 4956 viewsQPROslo

Stefan Johansen on 15:17 - Jan 24 by qprd

Niko had a rough game ystd and he prob is our weakest link (now that Cameron is out of central midfield)

having said that, i wouldnt say hes necessarily costing us points... the back 3 set up kind of covers up some of his defensive blemishes

saw the johannsen video at the top of the thread... looks like a real dirtbag, but perhaps what our team needs... cant be anywhere worse than what weve got

I think he might be well in contention.
Stefan Johansen on 15:32 - Jan 24 with 4922 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not arguing the toss over LB vs Centre Mid, but do we want a LB or a Left Wing Back?
Stefan Johansen on 15:34 - Jan 24 with 4909 viewsPinnerPaul

Stefan Johansen on 15:32 - Jan 24 by CiderwithRsie

Not arguing the toss over LB vs Centre Mid, but do we want a LB or a Left Wing Back?

Good question, depends how permanent the back 3 set up is I guess?
Stefan Johansen on 15:37 - Jan 24 with 4892 viewsOldPedro

Probably want someone who can play as a full back or wing back.. Even when we play with 4 at the back, Warburton looks for the full backs to push on and get crosses in.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Stefan Johansen on 15:46 - Jan 24 with 4844 viewsfrancisbowles

I hope Johansen has had several U23 games, as he hasn't played a minute of first team football this season!
Stefan Johansen on 17:10 - Jan 24 with 4666 viewsGloucs_R

Stefan Johansen on 15:34 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

Good question, depends how permanent the back 3 set up is I guess?

I have a feeling we may go back to 4 at the back soon. With Barbet going to LB.b once Jordy is fit.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Stefan Johansen on 17:22 - Jan 24 with 4624 viewsSimonJames

Maybe we'll be getting someone useful from Fenerbache...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Stefan Johansen on 17:51 - Jan 24 with 4505 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stefan Johansen on 17:10 - Jan 24 by Gloucs_R

I have a feeling we may go back to 4 at the back soon. With Barbet going to LB.b once Jordy is fit.

I really hope not. The change to a back three with more bodies pushed into midfield is our lifeline at the moment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stefan Johansen on 18:17 - Jan 24 with 4431 viewsGloucs_R

Stefan Johansen on 17:51 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I really hope not. The change to a back three with more bodies pushed into midfield is our lifeline at the moment.

I agree. We've been much better at the back. But I just have this feeling that we'll go back to 4231.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 19:34]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Stefan Johansen on 19:34 - Jan 24 with 4226 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stefan Johansen on 18:17 - Jan 24 by Gloucs_R

I agree. We've been much better at the back. But I just have this feeling that we'll go back to 4231.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 19:34]

I think that's the formation that best suits Chair, who's the best forward that we actually own. It's a bit of a dilemma.
Stefan Johansen on 21:24 - Jan 24 with 4060 viewsWestbourneR

I actually thought Niko did ok in the 2nd half yesterday. He overlapped better and put in one beauty of a cross.

That said - I don’t think he’ll ever be more than ok.

Luke Garbutt at Blackpool (Everton youth product) looked really good against Prem oppo in the cup on the weekend. Would be a great signing and I’m sure he’d be pretty cheap.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Stefan Johansen on 23:23 - Jan 24 with 3878 viewsDavieQPR

Stefan Johansen on 21:24 - Jan 24 by WestbourneR

I actually thought Niko did ok in the 2nd half yesterday. He overlapped better and put in one beauty of a cross.

That said - I don’t think he’ll ever be more than ok.

Luke Garbutt at Blackpool (Everton youth product) looked really good against Prem oppo in the cup on the weekend. Would be a great signing and I’m sure he’d be pretty cheap.

Barbet has never ever played even a moderate game at LB for us or Brentford so why should he now? Garbutt only signed a 1 yr contract with Blackpool so is available on a freebie next season.
Stefan Johansen on 19:36 - Jan 25 with 3491 viewsflynnbo

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/johansen-has-medical-ahead-of-qpr-move
Stefan Johansen on 19:54 - Jan 25 with 3385 viewsbakerloo8

I will be honest, when I learned we were in for this Fulham reject my heart sank as it smacked of a desperate signing of a no hoper. Tbh I know very little of Johansen.

After watching that youtube short vid of some of his crimes I have completely changed my mind. Looks like exactly what we are missing in the middle of the park. An experienced leader who isn't afraid of getting in the stook. Think this could be an excellent signing if hes not already shot to pieces. A proper Derry.
Stefan Johansen on 00:00 - Jan 26 with 2973 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Stefan Johansen on 19:54 - Jan 25 by bakerloo8

I will be honest, when I learned we were in for this Fulham reject my heart sank as it smacked of a desperate signing of a no hoper. Tbh I know very little of Johansen.

After watching that youtube short vid of some of his crimes I have completely changed my mind. Looks like exactly what we are missing in the middle of the park. An experienced leader who isn't afraid of getting in the stook. Think this could be an excellent signing if hes not already shot to pieces. A proper Derry.

More 1970s Derry than 2011 Derry this lad.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 13:15]
Stefan Johansen on 10:35 - Jan 26 with 2507 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not the most inspiring signing but you never know. Might turn out alright.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Stefan Johansen on 11:42 - Jan 26 with 2356 viewsstainrods_elbow

Stefan Johansen on 15:32 - Jan 24 by CiderwithRsie

I'd say we need both for sure - Niko just doesn't cut the mustard, and we're losing BOS anytime between next week and the end of the season, on top of which Warburton isn't playing him anyway. (If he thinks he can just keep starting a raw albeit promising kid like Willock in his stead, btw, he's deluding himself.) Plus at least two injury-free, competent CMs, of course. Failing that, the squad becomes scarily, relegation-reekingly light.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 12:57]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Stefan Johansen on 14:51 - Jan 26 with 2020 viewsfrancisbowles

Stefan Johansen on 11:42 - Jan 26 by stainrods_elbow

I'd say we need both for sure - Niko just doesn't cut the mustard, and we're losing BOS anytime between next week and the end of the season, on top of which Warburton isn't playing him anyway. (If he thinks he can just keep starting a raw albeit promising kid like Willock in his stead, btw, he's deluding himself.) Plus at least two injury-free, competent CMs, of course. Failing that, the squad becomes scarily, relegation-reekingly light.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 12:57]

BOS!

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=38746
Stefan Johansen on 14:57 - Jan 26 with 1983 viewsfrancisbowles

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/stefan-johansen-s-first-qpr-interview-26
Stefan Johansen on 15:06 - Jan 26 with 1923 viewssimmo

In a world of realistic central midfielders I'd have wanted QPR to sign, this one wasn't troubling the top 10 and comes 25 days late.

But he plays in the position we need most and adds experience. So, I guess I'm pleased?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Stefan Johansen on 15:09 - Jan 26 with 1907 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stefan Johansen on 15:06 - Jan 26 by simmo

In a world of realistic central midfielders I'd have wanted QPR to sign, this one wasn't troubling the top 10 and comes 25 days late.

But he plays in the position we need most and adds experience. So, I guess I'm pleased?

You sound pleased in the same way I sound as if I'm a on a yacht off the sunny shores of Bali.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stefan Johansen on 15:09 - Jan 26 with 1901 viewsfrancisbowles

Well at least we picked up six points in those 25 days!

The problem now will be getting him match fit as he hasn't had a minute of first team football this season.
Stefan Johansen on 15:11 - Jan 26 with 1885 viewsAntti_Heinola

all our best signings are the least heralded.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024