Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 21:10 - Jan 21 with 4906 viewsjudd

Has he gone back already?

Poll: What is it to be then?

New signing on 13:33 - Jan 22 with 4437 viewsD_Dale

The Hatters - whose OS yesterday reported the following - seem to believe he's on his way:

Defender Gabriel Osho has today joined Sky Bet League One club Rochdale on loan until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old joined the Hatters as a free agent in November, having turned down the offer of a new contract at fellow Championship club Reading in the summer.

Osho spent December out on loan at National League side Yeovil Town, before returning to Kenilworth Road to make his Luton debut in the FA Cup third round win over the Royals, the club where he came through the academy and made ten senior appearances.

He will now gain more valuable experience helping Rochdale in their attempt to climb the table in the EFL’s third tier.

Good luck up at Spotland, Gabe!

Maybe he's meeting up at Gillingham.
New signing on 19:06 - Jan 22 with 4004 views442Dale

Wigan have signed Zach Clough along with two others.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New signing on 19:12 - Jan 22 with 3980 viewsblackdogblue

New signing on 19:06 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

They have some spaces on the bench after the last time we played Wigan for Zach 😄

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New signing on 20:26 - Jan 22 with 3823 viewsEllDale

BBC website is saying that Clough has left Forest for Stoke?
New signing on 20:45 - Jan 22 with 3772 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 20:26 - Jan 22 by EllDale

BBC website is saying that Clough has left Forest for Stoke?

Wigan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55774798

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 10:28 - Jan 23 with 3412 viewselectricblue

New signing on 19:06 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

Wouldnt mind him back at Dale if 100% fit....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New signing on 10:31 - Jan 23 with 3398 viewsboromat

New signing on 10:28 - Jan 23 by electricblue

Wouldnt mind him back at Dale if 100% fit....

That's a big if. Think we can't have any more risks on injury prone players. We already have McLaughlin, Ryan and McShane as injury prone starters.

We thinking the new guy will start today? I think depending on any returns from injury he might have to start.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New signing on 10:48 - Jan 23 with 3352 viewsJames1980

Gonna hazard a guess the new chap will be on the team sheet considering he was signed in time to make an appearance this afterfoon

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 11:45 - Jan 23 with 3264 views442Dale

New signing on 10:48 - Jan 23 by James1980

Gonna hazard a guess the new chap will be on the team sheet considering he was signed in time to make an appearance this afterfoon

Yeah, would bring him in alongside Roberts and go back to a midfield three of Morley, Lund, Rathbone - no need for any of them to play too deep as we didn’t with a two. Newby and Baah wide of Humphrys if Beesley is out.

New signing on 13:01 - Jan 23 with 3088 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 11:45 - Jan 23 by 442Dale

Yeah, would bring him in alongside Roberts and go back to a midfield three of Morley, Lund, Rathbone - no need for any of them to play too deep as we didn’t with a two. Newby and Baah wide of Humphrys if Beesley is out.

Hmmm, we mightn't have much choice... but 22 football league appearances between them (Roberts 15 for us, Osho 7 for Reading) would make it one of the most inexperienced CB pairings in living memory. And they'll have barely been introduced to each other

I'd reluctantly say that i'd still start with McNulty or preferably Keohane at right CB if McLaughlin is fit; or failing the latter, Keohane with Osho at RB
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 13:03]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 13:03 - Jan 23 with 3075 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 13:01 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Hmmm, we mightn't have much choice... but 22 football league appearances between them (Roberts 15 for us, Osho 7 for Reading) would make it one of the most inexperienced CB pairings in living memory. And they'll have barely been introduced to each other

I'd reluctantly say that i'd still start with McNulty or preferably Keohane at right CB if McLaughlin is fit; or failing the latter, Keohane with Osho at RB
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 13:03]

McNulty's suspended for two more games

New signing on 13:05 - Jan 23 with 3057 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 13:03 - Jan 23 by TVOS1907

Oh aye, thank f... for that

So Keohane/McLaughlin or Keohane/Osho

New signing on 13:36 - Jan 23 with 2951 viewsJames1980

Considering the inexperience of Roberts and the new lad might 3 CBs be an idea or would that confuse matters further?

New signing on 14:39 - Jan 23 with 2798 viewsYorkshire_Dale

New signing on 13:03 - Jan 23 by TVOS1907

Gosh, that's a blessing.......see,there are positives.
New signing on 14:44 - Jan 23 with 2761 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 14:39 - Jan 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Gosh, that's a blessing.......see,there are positives.

Not when it means we've only got one recognised central defender available and a new lad who's only played seven league games.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 15:02]

New signing on 14:54 - Jan 23 with 2711 viewsD_Dale

Jay Lynch has returned home to self-isolate and isn't involved.

- according to officiallydale. Sounds as though he might have travelled down with the other players but was recalled home today. So no sub keeper.
New signing on 20:01 - Jan 23 with 2401 viewsEllDale

How did Roberts play today?
Love his composure and obvious footballing ability but perhaps there are question marks over his defensive qualities.
New signing on 20:18 - Jan 23 with 2359 viewsrkershaw

New signing on 20:01 - Jan 23 by EllDale

Love his composure and obvious footballing ability but perhaps there are question marks over his defensive qualities.

Sign Cheltenham's Tozer......defensive problem solved!!
New signing on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 2341 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 20:01 - Jan 23 by EllDale

I've been saying this for several weeks now

We don't need someone who can take the ball through midfield before the move breaks down and then finds himself out of position, we need someone who can do the basics right at the heart of the defence, and let the opposition know he'll put himself about to stop them scoring

He'll no doubt end up playing at a higher level once he learns how to defend, but at the moment it's at our expense

New signing on 20:33 - Jan 23 with 2312 viewsgolfaduffy

New signing on 20:23 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

I've been saying this for several weeks now

We don't need someone who can take the ball through midfield before the move breaks down and then finds himself out of position, we need someone who can do the basics right at the heart of the defence, and let the opposition know he'll put himself about to stop them scoring

He'll no doubt end up playing at a higher level once he learns how to defend, but at the moment it's at our expense

Roberts had a good solid game today. The problem was Keohane, who is not a full back. Its getting to the point that it's BBM's blind spot I'm afraid. Keohane generally does well when he is used in a more advanced area, but a full back he is not.

I think that Roberts has been near to , or man of the match in most of his games for us. I thought Osho also did well, as did McLaughlin.

Luckily; they didn't bring Akinde on at half time, as his physical size would cause problems for most teams I'd imagine.
New signing on 20:37 - Jan 23 with 2306 views442Dale

New signing on 20:33 - Jan 23 by golfaduffy

Roberts had a good solid game today. The problem was Keohane, who is not a full back. Its getting to the point that it's BBM's blind spot I'm afraid. Keohane generally does well when he is used in a more advanced area, but a full back he is not.

I think that Roberts has been near to , or man of the match in most of his games for us. I thought Osho also did well, as did McLaughlin.

Luckily; they didn't bring Akinde on at half time, as his physical size would cause problems for most teams I'd imagine.

Roberts did better today but he is not progressing defensively. See his position for their equaliser.

Don’t want to keep banging the same drum, but until both himself and his manager make keeping the ball out of our net his priority, he’s going to end up wasting this loan spell.

New signing on 21:14 - Jan 23 with 2228 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 20:37 - Jan 23 by 442Dale

Roberts did better today but he is not progressing defensively. See his position for their equaliser.

Don’t want to keep banging the same drum, but until both himself and his manager make keeping the ball out of our net his priority, he’s going to end up wasting this loan spell.

And that's pretty much my point.* It's not the lad's fault, but he's not learning what he needs to because who's going to provide the input he needs - directly and including whilst he's on the pitch - to take his defensive game forward?

McShane, certainly - but he's not on the pitch enough

O'Connell, maybe - but as captain he's got the entire team to focus on (and not currently on the pitch)

McNulty, perhaps - but it's his preferred place that Roberts has taken (and not without reason)

*This isn't about Keohane, who has his own defensive problems

[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:17]

New signing on 21:44 - Jan 23 with 2180 viewsJames1980

Do Brighton not have any input into how Roberts is getting on, with regards to their player's development?

New signing on 08:31 - Jan 24 with 1993 views1907

Have to agree that the issues I’m seeing on a weekly basis are Keohane & Roberts defensively.

Hopefully we sign a LB & can use Keohane more offensively so we are stronger further up the pitch. Don’t think Dooley had a particularly bad game yesterday but I would still prefer to see Keohane playing instead of Dooley.

Think Roberts would thrive in a back 5 with 2 strong CB’s either side, but understand we just don’t have that luxury at the minute due to injuries.

We have to stop conceding goals sooner rather than later.
New signing on 17:49 - Jan 24 with 1709 viewsEllDale

I’ll be quite frank, if all our centre backs were fit and available I’d pair O’Connell and McShane.
Sometimes you need yard dogs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024