Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Silent T' Match Thread 08:58 - Feb 1 with 54942 viewsDorse

My record in starting match threads is something akin to falling down an open sewer to avoid walking under a ladder but here goes:

I would expect a result today. Preferably a win but failing that, a draw. However, a loss is also possible,

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:18 - Feb 1 with 2203 viewsdm97

Kane and Ball joint MOTM for me. All the criticism of Ball is just regarding his ability, but he seems exactly the sort of person you want in this league - never shys away, never lets his mistakes affect him and never gives up. COYRS
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 22:20]
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 1 with 2198 viewsJuzzie

Great result!

Why was Adomah so restrained when scoring? First goal for his boyhood club is a 90th minute winner, I thought he’d be running around like a loon. I would.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 1 with 2192 viewsSK_hoops

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 19:17 - Feb 1 by Airtomoreira

Just seen there's a 10k bet on Betfair Exchange for us to win at odds of approx 5.2. Someone's confident!!

He's laughing all the way to the bank then!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 1 with 2186 viewsdanehoop

I think credit due to Warbs tonight. Made some big calls on the line up and the subs. Team just suddenly playing with so much spirit and togetherness since Austin has returned. Somehow seems to have really got them to believe that they can compete and win. Love that everyone who cam on just seemed to be improving what had already been a really solid performance at that point. If you look at the bench that is starting to look like quite a lot of quality to introduce. Uncle is looking sharp and Willock is really pushing hard to make his mark.

I am really impressed with the turnaround now. We are really playing for every point.

Never knowingly understood

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:20 - Feb 1 with 2174 viewsNoelmc

Several outstanding performances tonight with Barbet, Dickie and Kane all contenders for MOTM. Todd just edged it for me due to his fantastic work rate.

Very effective substitutions too with Willock, Adomah & Thomas all making a very positive contribution. Well done Warbs and my team.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:22 - Feb 1 with 2131 viewsRs_Holy

Great performance.. great result... Its a lovely feeling. Thankyou Rangers
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:22 - Feb 1 with 2125 viewskropotkin41

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 1 by SK_hoops

What's that then, £25k? I was feeling sorry for whoever placed that bet earlier. Fair play, that's some bet. I hope they're sensible with their winnings.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:22 - Feb 1 with 2105 viewsrsonist

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:15 - Feb 1 by Antti_Heinola

btw - Caroline Barker is the best football presenter on sky. Just calm, rational, funny. Really good.

100%. Her opening question here plays in my head every time we play I think.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 1 with 2106 viewsdistortR

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:15 - Feb 1 by Antti_Heinola

btw - Caroline Barker is the best football presenter on sky. Just calm, rational, funny. Really good.

funnily enough, we've just been praising her.

Great team performance tonight! Wallace and Ball seemed to have the wobbles for 5 minutes, but 5 minutes only. Wallace seemed to come on stronger after his mistake, fair do's.

cameron, i'm not his biggest fan but think he's very important organisationally, and credit to him on his match fitness.

Kane, Charlie, Dickie and Barbet all really good, couldn't pick a MoM!

Sub's worked!

Really, really enjoyed that!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 22:28]
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:24 - Feb 1 with 2069 viewsnix

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:20 - Feb 1 by Noelmc

Several outstanding performances tonight with Barbet, Dickie and Kane all contenders for MOTM. Todd just edged it for me due to his fantastic work rate.

Very effective substitutions too with Willock, Adomah & Thomas all making a very positive contribution. Well done Warbs and my team.

Yeah they're really starting to look good with more match fitness and playing together. I really think Willock has the potential to be a really good player and I think he's definitely been working on his upper body strength as he's much less easily shrugged off the ball.

Feel a bit for Chair. He works so hard and does some really good stuff but can't get an assist for love nor money!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:26 - Feb 1 with 2012 viewsNed_Kennedys

Kane was clear MOTM for me, possibly his best game for us. Our major attacking threat throughout the match: must've put in more crosses this game than Niko and Wallace have managed between them all season!

Feared for us after Wallace's booking then the Wallace/Cameron penalty debacle but to be fair both players improved as the game went on. Prefer Wallace to Niko.

Ball played very well: he broke forward quickly a number of times and is really improving in this area of his game.

Great win.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:27 - Feb 1 with 1974 viewsdistortR

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:24 - Feb 1 by nix

Yeah they're really starting to look good with more match fitness and playing together. I really think Willock has the potential to be a really good player and I think he's definitely been working on his upper body strength as he's much less easily shrugged off the ball.

Feel a bit for Chair. He works so hard and does some really good stuff but can't get an assist for love nor money!

It'll come, Nix, it'll come!

With a bit more creativity in the team the pressure will be off him a bit, should help. He's got real quality.

Some of our passing today was top notch.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:33 - Feb 1 with 1868 viewsNoelmc

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:24 - Feb 1 by nix

Totally agree on Chair. He works so hard and never hides. Put in some good crosses tonight but thought Watford defended all our crossing very well for the first 70 minutes.

I suspect once he gets his first assist this season others will quickly follow. I’m so glad he has signed an extended contract.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:34 - Feb 1 with 1840 viewsstainrods_elbow

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 1 by SK_hoops

incredible wager. Why would someone shovel 10k on us at any odds unless he knew 'something'?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:34 - Feb 1 with 1851 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A richly deserved win against a tough team with a strong home record. It's the first time this season that QPR have come from behind to win a match. Charlie appears to have galvanised the team and they now have greater belief that they can get something from games. Kudos to Warburton for getting his subs spot on and having the courage to go for the 3 points. There's still room for improvement, of course, but definitely a more positive feel about the club in recent weeks.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 22:59]
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:37 - Feb 1 with 1800 viewswelwynranger

Will Hughes team lost to a last minute goal.

Now where have I heard that before
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:38 - Feb 1 with 1783 viewsQPRSteve

Agree,one of his better games for us tonight. Watford did not know how to cope with him. His decision making, which is his biggest fault for me, was much better today.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:38 - Feb 1 with 1781 viewsactonman

Still buzzing , over the moon with that , lots to say but rather carry on drinking
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:40 - Feb 1 with 1751 viewsBoston

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:22 - Feb 1 by kropotkin41

What's that then, £25k? I was feeling sorry for whoever placed that bet earlier. Fair play, that's some bet. I hope they're sensible with their winnings.

Sensible, the bloke who puts ten grand for us to win away at Watford and you think they're the sensible type!!!!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:44 - Feb 1 with 1688 viewskropotkin41

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:40 - Feb 1 by Boston

Sensible, the bloke who puts ten grand for us to win away at Watford and you think they're the sensible type!!!!

No, I don't. I've gone from feeling sorry for them making the bet to worrying about them now they've won it. Maybe they're just super rich, in which case f*ck em.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:46 - Feb 1 with 1659 viewsVancouverHoop

We had a lot of 'old heads' on the pitch tonight. Can't help but feel that made a difference. I realize the future's in the young'uns but, for a match like this, you need players who've driven down the road a few times.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:47 - Feb 1 with 1649 viewsDiggertheMole

Having spent too many gloomy evenings there after lacklustre Rangers' performances at Vicarage Road, I fully intend, once pubs are re-opened, to enjoy several beers in the Estcourt Arms and to engage in a prolonged silent gloat.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:48 - Feb 1 with 1635 viewsW7Ranger

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 21:43 - Feb 1 by CiderwithRsie

Well that is a great win, and chances are I'm going to regret saying this by this time tomorrow, but one or two of us ought to have a look back at this thread and have a word with themselves.

Yep!!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:54 - Feb 1 with 1561 viewsthemodfather

great away win, 3 on the trot? anyway what a LIFT the club had with AUSTIN's return. i thought we played very well and although a pen to them, a soft one not given until recent years. dieng made more good saves. VERY EFFING HAPPY.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 1 with 1521 viewsNed_Kennedys

Watford forum full of bedwetting fans demanding their latest head coach is replaced
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024