Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Silent T' Match Thread 08:58 - Feb 1 with 53022 viewsDorse

My record in starting match threads is something akin to falling down an open sewer to avoid walking under a ladder but here goes:

I would expect a result today. Preferably a win but failing that, a draw. However, a loss is also possible,

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 1 with 2412 viewsstrikerace

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 1 by Greenbay

Charlie played 4 - won 3. Am I right?

Yes, and he should have 3 goals in 4 too (the ref blew it on the high kick)
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:04 - Feb 1 with 2339 viewsSimonJames

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 19:17 - Feb 1 by Airtomoreira

Just seen there's a 10k bet on Betfair Exchange for us to win at odds of approx 5.2. Someone's confident!!

People who bet like that on Betfair are almost always arbing it.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:09 - Feb 1 with 2273 viewslondonscottish

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 1 by Ned_Kennedys

Watford forum full of bedwetting fans demanding their latest head coach is replaced

Brilliant, off to have a look....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:15 - Feb 1 with 2207 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Just back from the pub - did I miss anything???
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:17 - Feb 1 with 2192 viewsdavman

Love it - great performance apart from Ye Olde Ancient Scot and Yankee Doodle Foulem at the back.

Seny only had the one save to make which he did brilliantly, although he looked terrified by Deeney's peno.

Kane still managed to hit the first man too frequently for my liking, but a vast improvement on recent showings.

Wallace is fine up the other end of the pitch, but just cannot defend. The run up to the peno he had at least two chances to clear. Yep, a brain dead challenge from Cameron but Wallace must get the assist for his inept play.

Ball IS a Rangers Cult Hero without a shadow of a doubt. Some quality play followed by comical touches.

Stefan did little wrong - a solid debut.

Illias quiet, but so, so busy around the pitch - kept them occupied.

Mac Bonne not great at all to be slightly unfair. "Quiet" if I am being fair.

Charlie - legend; great finish.

Willock - I have high hopes for the lad; now BOS has one I hope that he gets more opportunities out wide.

Thomas - great cameo. If only he can get fit and get out on that pitch.

Uncs - What. A. Touch. Totally took the defenders out with that touch - great finish.

Warbs - He really hasn't got much to play with. Barbet finally showing some form, Dickie brilliant, but still prone to the odd loose ball, Chair, Charlie, Willock, Seny are probably our good Championship players. But when they play at intensity he has got them playing.

About time we got to feel this way about our team.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:38 - Feb 1 with 2072 viewsBrazilNutR

great result...
a monster cock-up leading up to and including the penalty.. so glad it didn't cost us like it usually would. Apart from that, I actually though Wallace did quite well, got forward well and popped up a few times in the box. Kane as well though had a decent game, of course could have crossed better on occasion, but I guess that is why he is at QPR and we don't have Trent Alexander at right back..
Both goals were joy to watch.. scared the kids when I shouted after Austin's goal.. attacked it so well.. great cross too.
And was made up for Albert, knowing he supports QPR just warms the cockles of your heart.. such a nice moment.. well done my son!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:39 - Feb 1 with 2065 viewsA40Bosh

Just finished scraping the family dog back off of the living room ceiling - I can't take responsibility for her over reaction to my over reaction if they are going to let her back in to the room when we are playing on TV!

I don't think I will be able to talk on work calls in the morning purely from how I hurt my throat and chest when Uncle scored in the 89th minute.

What a great performance pretty much from everyone across the team.

Can't blame Seny for anticipating that Deeney would go to his right and therefore made sure he went left to get out of the way - no point saving it and being out for the rest of the season! Otherwise, continues to impress with his confidence and authority in the box and is starting to pull off some great saves to.

Kane had a stormer tonight - I know that he gets a lot of grief for his defensive displays, but I feel he never hides and never gives up. Our 3-5-2 set up tonight gave him acres of space and he used it intelligently and continues to get in some good crosses now as well as the poor ones. Potential MOTM.

Dickie is CLASS.

Willock' introduction today showed him at his best - very impressive and let's hope he continues to shine with BOS exiting stage left last week!

What a signing Charlie has been so far, some of his passing and switching of play is an improvement on his last stint in a hooped shirt and proves yet again, if you stick it in the box then he will get on the end of it.

FINALLY Adomah has done what we have needed him to do - using all his ball juggling skills to lose his man, gain a clear yard and a VERY cool finish.

After weeks of doom and gloom, it is great to feel ecstatic after a game on Sky.

Well done QPR and well done Warburton and the coaches, you got it right again this week.

16th here we come!!!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:43 - Feb 1 with 2041 viewsNortholt_Rs

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:17 - Feb 1 by davman

Love it - great performance apart from Ye Olde Ancient Scot and Yankee Doodle Foulem at the back.

Seny only had the one save to make which he did brilliantly, although he looked terrified by Deeney's peno.

Kane still managed to hit the first man too frequently for my liking, but a vast improvement on recent showings.

Wallace is fine up the other end of the pitch, but just cannot defend. The run up to the peno he had at least two chances to clear. Yep, a brain dead challenge from Cameron but Wallace must get the assist for his inept play.

Ball IS a Rangers Cult Hero without a shadow of a doubt. Some quality play followed by comical touches.

Stefan did little wrong - a solid debut.

Illias quiet, but so, so busy around the pitch - kept them occupied.

Mac Bonne not great at all to be slightly unfair. "Quiet" if I am being fair.

Charlie - legend; great finish.

Willock - I have high hopes for the lad; now BOS has one I hope that he gets more opportunities out wide.

Thomas - great cameo. If only he can get fit and get out on that pitch.

Uncs - What. A. Touch. Totally took the defenders out with that touch - great finish.

Warbs - He really hasn't got much to play with. Barbet finally showing some form, Dickie brilliant, but still prone to the odd loose ball, Chair, Charlie, Willock, Seny are probably our good Championship players. But when they play at intensity he has got them playing.

About time we got to feel this way about our team.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Pretty much how I rated our players too except I thought Kane was immense tonight. Two great goals to offset the liability penalty... warbs called it with the substitution. Great Charlie post match interview too. very happy R tonight. COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 01:01 - Feb 2 with 1947 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 21:45 - Feb 1 by ConorM1882

Haven’t felt this happy after a win in a long while, magic. Shove it Troy Deeney!

He looked like he was taunting Dieng or maybe it was the angle of the camera but what a way to wipe that grin off his face
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 01:37 - Feb 2 with 1902 viewsAirtomoreira

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 23:04 - Feb 1 by SimonJames

People who bet like that on Betfair are almost always arbing it.

Very possibly, but wouldn't have been arbing it until the 91st minute. Squeaky bum time until then
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 02:03 - Feb 2 with 1857 viewsW7Ranger

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 01:01 - Feb 2 by CLAREMAN1995

He looked like he was taunting Dieng or maybe it was the angle of the camera but what a way to wipe that grin off his face

Yeah I noticed that as well. Looked like he directed something at Seny straight after he scored.

Muggy looking prick.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 02:15 - Feb 2 with 1844 viewsjoolsyp

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 02:03 - Feb 2 by W7Ranger

Yeah I noticed that as well. Looked like he directed something at Seny straight after he scored.

Muggy looking prick.

Yup, but I think Dieng got his own back when Albert scored the winner and Seny had a little celebration near the centre circle ;-)
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 04:00 - Feb 2 with 1742 viewsPerthRs

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 21:51 - Feb 1 by karl

When we're losing games it's infuriating when MW comes out with the soft appraisal of the game and praises the squad but it has to be said that it obviously keeps them onside and they keep playing for him.
The turnaround in Kane and Barbet would not have happened with a publicly critical manager, he deserves credit as we couldn't afford to go out and replace under performing players instead he's kept their belief and lifted them.

Absolutely spot on
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 04:32 - Feb 2 with 1715 viewsMatch82

I can't remember the last time I saw us put so many crosses in. And barely any from the left. Was clearly a gameplan and while it didn't end in goals in the first half the threat was there. And lo and behold two goals from crosses in the second half. Got to give Warburton credit for that gameplan and sticking with it
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 06:48 - Feb 2 with 1608 viewsHantsR

Well into the match, I felt I coyly wanted to say that I thought Kane wasn't having too bad a game, but feared the flack, disabusing me of that notion!

Well, I think he put everything into his game last night and enjoyed much more space than usual, which by and large he used to good effect. Did you see that on a couple of occasions, he looked very frustrated that no-one was showing for him wide when in an advanced position? I think the introduction of Willock sorted that out.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 07:01 - Feb 2 with 1573 viewsB_Wad

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 21:44 - Feb 1 by qprd

well done boys

willock and adomah great sub appearances

From the poster that whined when the substitutions were made? Classic
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 07:07 - Feb 2 with 1556 viewsQPROslo

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 20:55 - Feb 1 by paulparker

That was down to Wallace being slow as fcuk and useless , fcuking Sh1t player
Game over

What?🙂
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:01 - Feb 2 with 1462 viewsdistortR

very early to say this really, but having a more pragmatic midfielder then Carrol seemed to give us greater balance
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:05 - Feb 2 with 1455 viewsnix

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 02:15 - Feb 2 by joolsyp

Yup, but I think Dieng got his own back when Albert scored the winner and Seny had a little celebration near the centre circle ;-)

Everyone asking him on Twitter how he's coping losing his cup final (for anyone who's forgotten, this is a reference to his saying after they narrowly beat us in the FA Cup a couple of years ago that to be fair, it was our cup final playing them 🤮). Lol.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:19 - Feb 2 with 1422 viewspaulparker

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 07:07 - Feb 2 by QPROslo

What?🙂

What ?
Wallace is terrible and could have cost us yet again , awful player who should be playing for Queen of the south not us
Great comeback though , didn’t see it coming so well done to the team for picking the game by the scruff of the neck on the hour mark , we dug in and got some luck for change

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:31 - Feb 2 with 1393 viewsGloryHunter

One-nil down, two-one up - really is the most satisfying way to win a football match. I think it was the name of a fanzine.
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:45 - Feb 2 with 1370 viewsJustJules

If you listen after the goal you can hear Deeney call Seny a cun...
Think that explains Seny's little jig in the centre circle

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:48 - Feb 2 with 1363 viewshantssi

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 22:34 - Feb 1 by stainrods_elbow

incredible wager. Why would someone shovel 10k on us at any odds unless he knew 'something'?

Words fail me!
The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:53 - Feb 2 with 1341 viewsloftboy

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:45 - Feb 2 by JustJules

Yep he definitely says it, no need at all, player said that to me once in a five a side game after nutmegging me, I decked him there and the , wasn’t a great move as it was an interdepartmental works tournament!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:57 - Feb 2 with 1318 viewseastside_r

The 'Silent T' Match Thread on 08:45 - Feb 2 by JustJules

Blimey you can hear him say that. WTF is his problem?

Perhaps it’s just his game demeanour- or am I being too forgiving!

Anyhow, get it right up you, you Brummie ****.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024