Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morris 21:12 - Feb 17 with 4061 views34dfgdf54

Starts Saturday, must do.
Morris on 11:51 - Feb 18 with 676 viewsmax936

Morris on 08:31 - Feb 18 by 34dfgdf54

We won in the 87th minute today, with Morris playing. We didn't look like scoring and we looked flat, anyone who can't see that needs to take off their rose tinted specs.

The team that started yesterday, wasn't a winning team.

Freshen things up, it's a squad game.

Hourihane came straight into the team, admittedly most knew what he'd bring to the table, with Morris and Arriola they are mostly known in America, so its a bit like going into the unknown, although I think if Morris did start the next few games, he'll prove worthy of those starts, you can see there's a player there.
Manning more than deserves a few starts at least, he's a talented player without a doubt, Bidwells cross for Roberts goal was superb, he put it bang on right into the mixer, so its a difficult choice, same with Smith, he really helped when he came on last night, quality player. It's great that we've got a few quality options in the squad and Whittaker and Arriola are also waiting in the wings.
Exiciting times.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Morris on 11:52 - Feb 18 with 675 viewsCatullus

Morris on 22:11 - Feb 17 by pencoedjack

Yep I start him & leave Lowe on the bench Saturday.

Nice problem for Coops to have 👍

This I agree with. Lowe needs a break, we need fresh legs and Morris looks dangerous.

Otherwise I agree with Dr W, too many automatic picks, if a player isn't under pressure to perform they can lose their edge.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Morris on 12:08 - Feb 18 with 655 viewsswancity

Morris on 11:52 - Feb 18 by Catullus

This I agree with. Lowe needs a break, we need fresh legs and Morris looks dangerous.

Otherwise I agree with Dr W, too many automatic picks, if a player isn't under pressure to perform they can lose their edge.

It’s been a settled tram and that’s helped. Every one of those players has performed to a high standard with and without the ball. When players do well they keep their place in the team. All of them are “ under pressure to perform “ every time they step out on to that pitch.

And by now they know exactly what’s required. Hourihane came straight in as we needed a bit more quality in that area to take the pressure off Grimes.

Regarding Morris, there’s a lot of hype around him. Not sure why but he will get his chance if he’s looking sharp in training. Meanwhile Jamal and Andre will continue to work their balls off for the team.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Morris on 12:11 - Feb 18 with 654 viewstheloneranger

The postponement affected Hourihane more than anyone. His lack of game time at Villa is really showing at the moment, especially last night.

With 10 games in 31 days (incl last night), and plenty of minutes on the pitch, a match fit Hourihane could be our automatic promotion decider.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Morris on 12:17 - Feb 18 with 644 viewsCatullus

Morris on 12:08 - Feb 18 by swancity

It’s been a settled tram and that’s helped. Every one of those players has performed to a high standard with and without the ball. When players do well they keep their place in the team. All of them are “ under pressure to perform “ every time they step out on to that pitch.

And by now they know exactly what’s required. Hourihane came straight in as we needed a bit more quality in that area to take the pressure off Grimes.

Regarding Morris, there’s a lot of hype around him. Not sure why but he will get his chance if he’s looking sharp in training. Meanwhile Jamal and Andre will continue to work their balls off for the team.

A settled team is good but being an automatic pick isn't so good. Lowe does work hard but he didn't do much else besides huff and puff against Forest. Ayew worked hard too, probably did his best work in defence.

We don't just need the players to work hard, we need their quality too. We lacked an edge up front yesterday which to me is a sign we need to make small changes.
A settled side doesn't mean no changes, or no substitutions. Forests game plan nearly worked, we got a bit lucky the same as we did against Brentford, some subtle changes are all that's needed, fresh legs, a change of ideas and a different style of player.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Morris on 12:30 - Feb 18 with 630 viewsswancity

Morris on 12:17 - Feb 18 by Catullus

A settled team is good but being an automatic pick isn't so good. Lowe does work hard but he didn't do much else besides huff and puff against Forest. Ayew worked hard too, probably did his best work in defence.

We don't just need the players to work hard, we need their quality too. We lacked an edge up front yesterday which to me is a sign we need to make small changes.
A settled side doesn't mean no changes, or no substitutions. Forests game plan nearly worked, we got a bit lucky the same as we did against Brentford, some subtle changes are all that's needed, fresh legs, a change of ideas and a different style of player.

If Jamal is a bit jaded and that would be understandable then there’s an argument to say that a rest might recharge his batteries but if he’s still looking sharp and fit in training he deserves to keep his place. Same with Andre. It’s often the stuff that they do off the ball ( which isn’t always noticeable on TV cameras ). The tracking of opposition. Dropping into defend space. Moving into position quickly to close down opposition. It’s all a part of what those boys do. They know what’s needed so that all 10 ( outfield ) players are defenders too.

As I said though there’s some hype around Morris so he will get his chances I’m sure.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Morris on 19:47 - Feb 19 with 453 viewsAndyCole

Morris is clearly a talent who may well fit our model. Would still prefer to see us stick to our winning formula to establish ascendancy, and look to let him loose at the right time.

Would also prefer to stick with Yan instead of Arriola, as Yan gets it and is good to see him working on his physicality to make the impact we need in that space.

Lowe is a PFA players player of the month nominee for a reason and has earned his stripes. He thrives on being involved, game in game out, in the thick of battle. Ring rusty maybe after the time out, and a lack of service from our retreating midfield but cant wait to see him terrorising defences who drop ever deeper when they know who they're up against when Lowe is in full flight..

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024