Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman steps down 16:31 - Feb 18 with 12639 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/statement_boardofdirectors/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman steps down on 16:33 - Feb 18 with 5454 viewsSuddenLad

It's a start.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chairman steps down on 16:36 - Feb 18 with 5409 viewsfunkkk

Wow. Fitz, can you come out of semi-retirement, please, and figure out WTF is going on?!
Chairman steps down on 16:36 - Feb 18 with 5400 viewsIOMDale

Well, well, well...

I sense upheaval in the air.

UTDNFS

Chairman steps down on 16:39 - Feb 18 with 5369 viewsHopwoodblue

Chairman steps down on 16:36 - Feb 18 by IOMDale

Well, well, well...

I sense upheaval in the air.

New blood in the boardroom ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Chairman steps down on 16:39 - Feb 18 with 5362 viewsseasidedale

I reckon Andrew Kelly will take over
Chairman steps down on 16:41 - Feb 18 with 5328 viewsSandyman

Chairman steps down on 16:39 - Feb 18 by seasidedale

I reckon Andrew Kelly will take over

Understandable. As the former chairman is the largest shareholder in the club, I wonder what he will do with his shares?
Chairman steps down on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 5182 viewsJames1980

'Personal reasons' probably something boring mundane albeit very commendable like wanting to spend more time with his family. Although the 'Spotland Mafia' might have put an horses head under his eiderdown.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman steps down on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 5139 viewsTomRAFC

A blunt club statement as opposed to a farewell and thank you message from the man himself? It's hard to resist coming up with theories when things seem so curious.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman steps down on 16:59 - Feb 18 with 5093 viewsJames1980

Chairman steps down on 16:56 - Feb 18 by TomRAFC

A blunt club statement as opposed to a farewell and thank you message from the man himself? It's hard to resist coming up with theories when things seem so curious.

Surprised it didn't have the word 'delighted' in the statements are somewhat boring, samey, unimaginative regardless of the news imo.

Chairman steps down on 17:00 - Feb 18 with 5089 viewsgolfaduffy

I wonder if his shares will be up for sale?

Possible trouble for the CEO if the Americans get hold of them, but yet again, the club won't see any money, unless they sell the unissued shares as well.
Chairman steps down on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 5021 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Chairman steps down on 16:33 - Feb 18 by SuddenLad

It's a start.

Who's next I ask?
Chairman steps down on 17:07 - Feb 18 with 4981 viewsjudd

Chairman steps down on 17:00 - Feb 18 by golfaduffy

I wonder if his shares will be up for sale?

Possible trouble for the CEO if the Americans get hold of them, but yet again, the club won't see any money, unless they sell the unissued shares as well.

I believe his shares were always up for sale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman steps down on 17:07 - Feb 18 with 4972 viewsTVOS1907

Tbf, it does say more to come next week/in due course.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chairman steps down on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 4919 viewsblackdogblue

Return of Chris Dunphy or couldn’t bring himself to sack BBM?

On a serious note, hope it’s not a health problem

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Chairman steps down on 17:36 - Feb 18 with 4728 viewsseasidedale

CD would have to buy shares, he sold his to the Americans remember
Chairman steps down on 17:38 - Feb 18 with 4715 views49thseason

I rather hope the Americans do indeed buy his shares and enough more besides to gain control. I think the current regime has run its race and the time for new ideas has arrived. Its been self evident for the last 3 seasons that the club has been doing no more than surviving, this season indicates that survival is becoming more diffiicult and that a transfusion of new blood is urgently needed. Would some US enthusiasm and pizzazz be such a bad thing? The current Board have done their best within their means but L1 gets tougher with each season that passes and standing still is really going backwards.
Selling your best assets is well and good if a chunk of the money goes on decent replacements but the urge to get kids into the shop window for financial reasons has a detrimental effect if the cash raised has to finance the clubs infrastucture and the team suffers from a lack of experience in key positions. Loaning players from Premiership clubs also does little for Rochdale AFC if it weakens the team and doesn't raise any money.
Chairman steps down on 17:38 - Feb 18 with 4715 viewsD_Alien

Chairman steps down on 16:54 - Feb 18 by James1980

'Personal reasons' probably something boring mundane albeit very commendable like wanting to spend more time with his family. Although the 'Spotland Mafia' might have put an horses head under his eiderdown.

Unless he's been in quarantine for the past 11 months, it may have been difficult for him not to spend more time with his family, although he may be suffering from Nag's Head syndrome

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman steps down on 17:43 - Feb 18 with 4643 viewsTomRAFC

Chairman steps down on 17:38 - Feb 18 by 49thseason

I rather hope the Americans do indeed buy his shares and enough more besides to gain control. I think the current regime has run its race and the time for new ideas has arrived. Its been self evident for the last 3 seasons that the club has been doing no more than surviving, this season indicates that survival is becoming more diffiicult and that a transfusion of new blood is urgently needed. Would some US enthusiasm and pizzazz be such a bad thing? The current Board have done their best within their means but L1 gets tougher with each season that passes and standing still is really going backwards.
Selling your best assets is well and good if a chunk of the money goes on decent replacements but the urge to get kids into the shop window for financial reasons has a detrimental effect if the cash raised has to finance the clubs infrastucture and the team suffers from a lack of experience in key positions. Loaning players from Premiership clubs also does little for Rochdale AFC if it weakens the team and doesn't raise any money.

The Americans offered an intriguing approach but their comments about zero interest loans really worried me. Their ability to walk away and ask the club to pay them back for the privilege is a huge financial risk.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Chairman steps down on 17:44 - Feb 18 with 4637 viewsJames1980

Chairman steps down on 17:38 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

Unless he's been in quarantine for the past 11 months, it may have been difficult for him not to spend more time with his family, although he may be suffering from Nag's Head syndrome

But he won't have the distraction and or stress of being the Chairman of a football club.

Chairman steps down on 17:47 - Feb 18 with 4585 viewsdavidab2202

Totally agree that one hopes it is not linked to his health.

Another thought is that perhaps he was out voted on the need to place an advert for a Left Back on Linkedin?
Chairman steps down on 17:50 - Feb 18 with 4545 viewsD_Alien

Chairman steps down on 17:44 - Feb 18 by James1980

But he won't have the distraction and or stress of being the Chairman of a football club.

You're absolutely spot on, James

When asked at the Fan's Forum before last if he saw himself having the same tenure as his predecessor, his non-committal response (before handing proceedings back to the puppet master) looked like he became stressed at being asked a question which was basically an invite to set out his own vision. In other words, he didn't have one

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman steps down on 18:03 - Feb 18 with 4421 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

There’s by no means universal waving of the stars & stripes up the road at Burnley after the yanks takeover there.
Chairman steps down on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 4343 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman steps down on 18:17 - Feb 18 with 4295 views49thseason

Chairman steps down on 17:43 - Feb 18 by TomRAFC

The Americans offered an intriguing approach but their comments about zero interest loans really worried me. Their ability to walk away and ask the club to pay them back for the privilege is a huge financial risk.

I guess it would depend on the small print in the loan contract. There are lots of ways to reduce the likelihood of a sudden demand for return of the cash, and there are risks from the lenders side to if the club were to go into administration.
Chairman steps down on 18:27 - Feb 18 with 4201 viewssxdale

I am unsure about the American's taking a controlling interest, would rather they worked with the current board (this may have been happening) to prove what they and smarterscout? can bring to the party. It just reminds me to much of the international scouting network lauded about on t'other side of Heywood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024