Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH 21:09 - Feb 28 with 17211 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another exciting encounter in the EFL Championship, and it’s very exciting too. Here is the Matchday thread for this exciting game, it’s really interesting.

EFL Championship
Stripey Hoof Stadium
Wednesday March 3rd 2021
Kick off 8.15pm

Match Officials
DAVID WEBB
Ian Cooper and Daniel Leach
Fourth Official : Marc Edwards

TELEVISION

This game will be shown LIVE on SKY SPORTS football

The Graeme Potters and the Super Swans face off again in ( C’mon ) Stoke. Not the best of hunting grounds for the swans over the years and especially after recent results, there are easier places to go. Like Canterbury for instance, the cathedral there allows access to get some lovely graveside rubbings done. On the plus side during Cooper’s last post match press gathering he had the look of a man who had already had his face rubbed with a rubby thing or whatever they use to do these things.

History
Stoke City v Swansea City

Games won: 30. Stoke City are in the ascendancy here
Games drawn: 21. Neither side has drawn more than the other
Games lost: 24. Or should we say games won by Swansea

There are other considerable and memorable moments in history, not necessarily related to this fixture, just in history itself. The Chinese are allegedly the First Nation to invent the grape, that was around 7000 years BC ( Before Cooper ) although that would be 9,000 years BC ? In any event photographs from back then show grapes being sold in markets and fermented in to wine. It is now known by crossing a very small balloon and a drop of water the grape is made. Cleaver folk the Chinese. That may lead me on to who invented the balloon, but not in this particular thread.

A picture of the first grapes discovered by Chinese people way back before TV and motorised teeth

Incredible when you think that at no time have they featured on a takeaway menu. I’ll mention it next time I’m down my local takeaway the ‘Thai Tanic’ although it’s more favourable the guys who run ‘Chipsy Kings’ will be more responsive. My favourite takeaway in my neck of the woods is ‘For cod and for Ulcer’ over in the red, white and blue part of town. Great battered sausages. Although I’m a vegan, if I wasn’t they would be on my menu, but they aren’t. If it had a face and you eat it you are a part of the problem, not the solution, especially for pigs.

A pig yesterday

Stoke City Facts
Stoke City have had to put up with several rugby references over the years, so much so the football league now allow them to run whilst carrying the ball.

A Stoke player in action in the past, see how he glides with the ball in one hand ?

Pre-match trivia

Stoke are unbeaten in their last nine home league games against Swansea (W7 D2), winning each of their last four in a row.

Swansea last completed a league double over Stoke back in 2000-01 in the third tier.

Stoke have lost their last two games in the Championship, while they have only lost three in a row in the competition once previously under Michael O’Neill (in December 2019).

Swansea have suffered defeats in two of their last three Championship games (W1), as many defeats as they had in their previous 17 league games combined.

Both of Stoke boss Michael O’Neill’s previous Championship games against Swansea have ended 2-0, with Stoke winning one and losing the other. Their 2-0 victory did come in this exact fixture last season, however.

Match Report
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54414/stoke-city-1-swans

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:16 - Mar 3 with 1079 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Quite easy to see how, if not for our current penchant for shooting ourselves in the foot, this could've been another one of our vintage 1-0 performances.

A decent half, and a lovely goal again from Connor.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:18 - Mar 3 with 1054 viewsjackrabbit

Our passing is atrocious. Guehi’s howler was just the worst example of it.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:19 - Mar 3 with 1041 viewsswancity

Pleasing first half except that calamity from Guehi but we’ve played well that apart

Manning really outstanding

Jamal doing some great defensive work but he’s not done enough with the ball tonight (yet)

Come on Swans

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:23 - Mar 3 with 1009 viewsbuilthjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:11 - Mar 3 by A_Fans_Dad

He needs to be subbed in the second half for his own good, he may well have concussion from those.

He's had concussion for 6 weeks

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:24 - Mar 3 with 996 viewstheloneranger

Let's see how we do with Stoke changing to a back 4??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:26 - Mar 3 with 978 viewsbuilthjack

Ayew spends more time on the floor than any other player in history

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:27 - Mar 3 with 967 views34dfgdf54

I’d love to know how poor Whittaker and Ariolla are in training
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:28 - Mar 3 with 959 viewsCatullus

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:24 - Mar 3 by theloneranger

Early signs are it's improved them so will we carry on as we are or will Coops have a tinker? Stoke should have scoed already, our passing is poor again and we started slow.

Roberts and Manning are our best attacking threat.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:28 - Mar 3 with 958 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I think I just had a heart attack.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:28 - Mar 3 with 958 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we looking to let in a couple of quick goals again?
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:29 - Mar 3 with 953 viewsChief

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:24 - Mar 3 by theloneranger

I get the impression some posters would be chuffed if Stoke started playing better now so they can trot out the line that Cooper can't adapt. Bet they're poised at their keyboards.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:30 - Mar 3 with 951 viewsbuilthjack

Naughton. Liability.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:30 - Mar 3 with 947 viewsThornburyswan

The post is playing a blinder so far!
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:31 - Mar 3 with 936 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Looks a bit like a Stoke ref.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:32 - Mar 3 with 921 viewsBadlands

Streaming issues anyone?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:32 - Mar 3 with 917 viewsFlashberryjack

2nd half not going well atm, ref giving them everything.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:32 - Mar 3 with 917 viewsJohnw102

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:30 - Mar 3 by builthjack

Naughton. Liability.

Which game you watching?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:33 - Mar 3 with 913 viewstheloneranger

Good block by Freddie.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:34 - Mar 3 with 905 viewsCatullus

This sub, Clarke, he's throwing himself over all the time and the ref is falling for it.

Surely Fletcher should be booked for that, it's a foul off the ball.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH (n/t) on 21:34 - Mar 3 with 904 viewstheloneranger

[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 21:35]

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:35 - Mar 3 with 899 viewsmax936

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:30 - Mar 3 by builthjack

Naughton. Liability.

It was never a free kick, that was given against him.
We need to get a grip on this .

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:35 - Mar 3 with 879 viewsCatullus

Manning wide with the ball and Lowe is just jogging forward, he should have been busting a gut to get forward for a pass inside then.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:37 - Mar 3 with 861 viewsThornburyswan

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:35 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Manning wide with the ball and Lowe is just jogging forward, he should have been busting a gut to get forward for a pass inside then.

Yup time to hook Lowe & give Arriola 30 mins.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:39 - Mar 3 with 857 viewsvetchonian

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:27 - Mar 3 by 34dfgdf54

I’d love to know how poor Whittaker and Ariolla are in training

midfield has a better balance tonight...Fulton has been immense

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE MATCH on 21:41 - Mar 3 with 821 viewsFlashberryjack

Stoke look to have 2 more players than us.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024