Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 21:06 - Mar 2 with 65872 viewsSandyman

Any predictions as to how it will go?

I'm guessing the script will be 100% "poor little Rochdale". Never mind the struggles of other clubs, NOBODY will have had it as bad as "poor little Rochdale". We can't compete with anyone, ever, because we are "poor little Rochdale". Being in 4 consecutive relegation dogfights in League One will be repeated as "historic success". Ambition and positivity will not be mentioned as those present salute each others abilities.
Add lashings of extra "poor little Rochdale" for good measure.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 21:14]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 3856 viewsncfc_chalky

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:27 - Mar 3 by TVOS1907

True, so more non-league teams then.

When was the last time that Dale played a non league club in a competition and what was the result?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:45 - Mar 3 with 3817 viewsTVOS1907

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:37 - Mar 3 by ncfc_chalky

When was the last time that Dale played a non league club in a competition and what was the result?

Stockport, FA Cup, lost 2-1.

I see you knocked them out of that competition we're not eligible for.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:36 - Mar 6 with 3484 viewsJames1980

'The days are gone of little old Rochdale.' quote from the CEO on the podcast.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:12 - Mar 6 with 3390 viewsTomRAFC

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:36 - Mar 6 by James1980

'The days are gone of little old Rochdale.' quote from the CEO on the podcast.

Given the ever growing and detailed revelations about him, I'm really not going to put any stock his soundbites.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:26 - Mar 6 with 3343 viewsD_Alien

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:12 - Mar 6 by TomRAFC

Given the ever growing and detailed revelations about him, I'm really not going to put any stock his soundbites.

It's noticeable that since further information about DB came into greater focus (it was always there - nothing new all of a sudden) he seems - for the first time - to be keeping a relatively low profile

Does he realise he's a busted flush at Dale? When I referred to a vacuum at Dale earlier, it's not just that we've an interim Chairman but the person who's been calling most of the shots over the past 2/3 years finds himself with very little credit. He'll be sore, that's for certain. He's made a great play during the pandemic about how hard he's been working (which should be a given, btw) and quite probably thinks the fans are nothing but a nuisance - or worse; and at best, deeply ungrateful

The newest members of the board - who're suddenly having a rain check on that - adds to the concern that Dale is currently a ship with no rudder. BBM being allowed to continue his dire and now extremely boring attempt at the impossible is but a symptom of the disease which needs cutting out from the Dale body

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 21:29]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:28 - Mar 6 with 3339 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:12 - Mar 6 by TomRAFC

If it looks like any club official is saying we are little old Rochdale during the forum. Remind them that the CEO said those days are over.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 23:31 - Mar 6 with 3180 viewsSandyman

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:28 - Mar 6 by James1980

If it looks like any club official is saying we are little old Rochdale during the forum. Remind them that the CEO said those days are over.

If we were able to be present, the action you call for would be done loud and clear. Not as effective in a YouTube chat box.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 15:12 - Mar 7 with 2886 viewsShun

Out of interest, what kind of questions have people emailed in? Quite worryingly, people will have to run the line between asking what we all need to know, and not being too overt and probing so as not to get their question ignored. It'll be just like the manager's post-match interview, with only the easiest questions asked.
Login to get fewer ads

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:09 - Mar 8 with 2701 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:26 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

It's noticeable that since further information about DB came into greater focus (it was always there - nothing new all of a sudden) he seems - for the first time - to be keeping a relatively low profile

Does he realise he's a busted flush at Dale? When I referred to a vacuum at Dale earlier, it's not just that we've an interim Chairman but the person who's been calling most of the shots over the past 2/3 years finds himself with very little credit. He'll be sore, that's for certain. He's made a great play during the pandemic about how hard he's been working (which should be a given, btw) and quite probably thinks the fans are nothing but a nuisance - or worse; and at best, deeply ungrateful

The newest members of the board - who're suddenly having a rain check on that - adds to the concern that Dale is currently a ship with no rudder. BBM being allowed to continue his dire and now extremely boring attempt at the impossible is but a symptom of the disease which needs cutting out from the Dale body

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 21:29]

Yeah, what ever happened to the monthly updates "An hour with Bot Bot"........I remember the point was always raised about how hard he was working but now the fans appear to be mere distraction as we go recruiting more no marks.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:11 - Mar 8 with 2692 viewsjudd

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:09 - Mar 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yeah, what ever happened to the monthly updates "An hour with Bot Bot"........I remember the point was always raised about how hard he was working but now the fans appear to be mere distraction as we go recruiting more no marks.

I saw a message somewhere that he stopped them because of ridicule but was going to restart them.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:32 - Mar 8 with 2654 viewsIOMDale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:11 - Mar 8 by judd

I saw a message somewhere that he stopped them because of ridicule but was going to restart them.

As Leanne Rhymes nearly sang, can’t fight the limelight.

UTDNFS

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:02 - Mar 8 with 2612 viewsdawlishdale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 15:12 - Mar 7 by Shun

Out of interest, what kind of questions have people emailed in? Quite worryingly, people will have to run the line between asking what we all need to know, and not being too overt and probing so as not to get their question ignored. It'll be just like the manager's post-match interview, with only the easiest questions asked.

I'm afraid I haven't bothered to submit any questions, and know plenty of other concerned supporters who feel the same.

Having to submit them a week in advance is an absolute joke. Whoever thought up that particular North Korean nugget needs to wake up.

The gulf between the club and it's fans has not been wider since Tommy Cannon.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:46 - Mar 8 with 2554 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:02 - Mar 8 by dawlishdale

I'm afraid I haven't bothered to submit any questions, and know plenty of other concerned supporters who feel the same.

Having to submit them a week in advance is an absolute joke. Whoever thought up that particular North Korean nugget needs to wake up.

The gulf between the club and it's fans has not been wider since Tommy Cannon.

And to be honest then it wasn’t on such a wide scale as we weren’t really aware of what was or wasn’t going on.

Worst bit about so much of what’s occurring now was avoidable as well. We know that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:53 - Mar 8 with 2527 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/march/fansforum_march2021/

<<“ Questions can be sent in to media@rochdaleafc.co.uk in advance and during the forum itself. We have taken the decision to take questions via email on the night rather than using the YouTube live chat function, due to the latter being incredibly difficult to track live, with a risk of important and valid questions being lost amongst the comments.”>>

What makes a question “important” and “valid”?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:03 - Mar 8 with 2495 viewsSuddenLad

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:53 - Mar 8 by 442Dale

<<“ Questions can be sent in to media@rochdaleafc.co.uk in advance and during the forum itself. We have taken the decision to take questions via email on the night rather than using the YouTube live chat function, due to the latter being incredibly difficult to track live, with a risk of important and valid questions being lost amongst the comments.”>>

Those that are deemed to be by Kim Jong Bot

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:41 - Mar 8 with 2414 viewsnordenblue

That seems to fit their agenda...., at least they now get to screen what they actually want to answer prior rather than everyone else seeing the questions as they appear live, there's a surprise
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:59 - Mar 8 with 2375 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:41 - Mar 8 by nordenblue

That seems to fit their agenda...., at least they now get to screen what they actually want to answer prior rather than everyone else seeing the questions as they appear live, there's a surprise

Still don’t understand why it isn’t on Zoom or Teams with mics muted until someone wants to ask a question.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:16 - Mar 8 with 2341 viewsDaleiLama

After spending the last year watching politicians squirm in an effort to justify their actions or lack thereof, I'm going to give this a miss. I'll be astounded if anything of any note is revealed and the "philosophy" will continue unabated until it crashes and burns out. I hope I'm wrong but I've had my fill of disappointment and unfulfilled promises this year. Hope I'm proven wrong, but if it walks like a pig, grunts like a pig and smells like a pig ............

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:20 - Mar 8 with 2316 viewsD_Alien

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:16 - Mar 8 by DaleiLama

After spending the last year watching politicians squirm in an effort to justify their actions or lack thereof, I'm going to give this a miss. I'll be astounded if anything of any note is revealed and the "philosophy" will continue unabated until it crashes and burns out. I hope I'm wrong but I've had my fill of disappointment and unfulfilled promises this year. Hope I'm proven wrong, but if it walks like a pig, grunts like a pig and smells like a pig ............

I'm with you on that one

Tbh, i'm just sick of watching people speaking via Zoom or whatever, full stop .

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:28 - Mar 8 with 2267 viewsnordenblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:59 - Mar 8 by 442Dale

Still don’t understand why it isn’t on Zoom or Teams with mics muted until someone wants to ask a question.

Simply because that would require them to think on their feet and answer on the spot, also it wouldn't give them a chance to either screen the questions prior to being put on the spot, or to eliminate questions they don't fancy answering either....

Email is the perfect way to cure both problems
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:52 - Mar 8 with 2227 viewsJames1980

Maybe the trust could ask anyone who emailed a question prior to the cut off date, that doesn't get answer on the forum to forward the email to them. The trust could then compile a list and ask the club what made those questions not important or valid (worth a response).

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:21 - Mar 8 with 2162 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:52 - Mar 8 by James1980

Maybe the trust could ask anyone who emailed a question prior to the cut off date, that doesn't get answer on the forum to forward the email to them. The trust could then compile a list and ask the club what made those questions not important or valid (worth a response).

They were asked very similar to that, James.

A commitment that all questions they were sent were either answered on the evening or at a follow up meeting with the board as part of their pre-agreed communications strategy where fans send in questions that are then answered with full replies appearing on their website. Not just to members via email.

As has been illustrated time and again, following a process where such answers can be referred back to allowing for follow up is vital. It’s something some fans organisations were advised to do very early on when problems occurred at their clubs, it was ignored.

You can probably guess the sort of club.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:34 - Mar 9 with 2004 viewsBucketBstard

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:25 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

It’s a combination of many factors, including many missed opportunities to grow the fanbase when there was a chance to do so, especially after Wembley in 08.

There’s always been an apathy to the club, yet there’s also people who will turn out for big games like most clubs. We never had the inclination to accept that and try and get a percentage of that percentage to turn up for a percentage of other games. That’s it simplified; we just didn’t try hard enough with a group of people who don’t care enough.

I feel as though the die hard Dale fans actively dislike the Wembley fans . They should embrace them , make them feel part of the club and maybe more would come more often.
Then again , throughout history we the team usually let themselves down when they get a big crowd turning up on the back of good run( not including cup games) .
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:11 - Mar 9 with 1941 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:34 - Mar 9 by BucketBstard

I feel as though the die hard Dale fans actively dislike the Wembley fans . They should embrace them , make them feel part of the club and maybe more would come more often.
Then again , throughout history we the team usually let themselves down when they get a big crowd turning up on the back of good run( not including cup games) .

Do I recall correctly the cheap tickets for some of the midweek games being objected to by some season ticket holders?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 14:28 - Mar 9 with 1797 viewselectricblue

So its the big day regarding fans forum tomorrow..
More BS fed to the down trodden supporter.....

Get your clayton pie n a tin of mushy peas in lads.......
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 14:41]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024