Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real ale clique.... 17:22 - Mar 9 with 9381 viewsncfc_chalky

Tonight I will be mostly supping Brewdog ales....

Layer Cake marshmallow and chocolate stout (7%)

Double Punk (8%)

Lazer Quest marshmallow and pineapple IPA (6%)

Not to everybody's taste I know but anybody tried them?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Real ale clique.... on 10:02 - Mar 14 with 2635 viewsncfc_chalky

There's no way that I would have dared try to do a fart Wednesday morning

Real ale clique.... on 10:31 - Mar 14 with 2620 viewstodmordendale

They should have followed up the Old Fart with a brew called Follow Through eh Chalky
Real ale clique.... on 19:06 - Mar 14 with 2551 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 21:38 - Mar 9 by IOMDale

Chalky, I’ve ordered Layer Cake this evening, what are your thoughts?

Just had the second one tonight,it looks like a porter when it's poured with a chocolatey aroma and a slight taste of marshmallow,very nice,I don't think that you will be disappointed

Real ale clique.... on 15:48 - Mar 26 with 2427 viewsTomRAFC

Here's a 15% discount code for the leftfield beer online shop. The code is good until midnight on Easter Monday. I've been using them as one of my go to sites for a while now and the beer / service has always been top notch.

Code: EASTER15

Site: www.leftfieldbeer.co.uk/

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Real ale clique.... on 16:46 - Mar 26 with 2376 viewsDaleiLama

Hatherwood beers at v good prices at Lidl too (500ml @ £1.09).

I was hoping to get the Green Gecko IPA but all gone. Tried the purple panther porter which wasn't bad at all at 5%.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/our-products/wines-beers-spirits/beers

Camden Town brewery also has an offer for 3 free cans if you spend >£20 too

https://shop.camdentownbrewery.com/products/copy-of-3-x-free-beers?_pos=1&_s

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Real ale clique.... on 17:39 - Mar 26 with 2346 viewsncfc_chalky

New customers can claim a £5 discount on their first order with the code PETERVFPW at Flavourly Beers

Real ale clique.... on 08:46 - Mar 27 with 2221 viewsmikehunt

I was in a Lidl in some far flung corner of the country last week and, lurking on its own, on the beer shelf. was a solitary can of Loch Lomond's Brave Hop. It was wonderful! Into the realms of Vocation's cloudy, hoppy stuff.
It wasn't particularly cheap for Lidl (£1.80 for the 440ml can) but was a quality item.
I sent the missus on a quest to buy up every can she could find in our local store but, sadly, she could not find any. She did bring me a tin of Steam Brew (brewed in Mannheim) which wasn't too bad if you are in to the hoppy styles.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Real ale clique.... on 17:49 - Mar 27 with 2130 viewsNigeriamark

Real ale clique.... on 08:46 - Mar 27 by mikehunt

I was in a Lidl in some far flung corner of the country last week and, lurking on its own, on the beer shelf. was a solitary can of Loch Lomond's Brave Hop. It was wonderful! Into the realms of Vocation's cloudy, hoppy stuff.
It wasn't particularly cheap for Lidl (£1.80 for the 440ml can) but was a quality item.
I sent the missus on a quest to buy up every can she could find in our local store but, sadly, she could not find any. She did bring me a tin of Steam Brew (brewed in Mannheim) which wasn't too bad if you are in to the hoppy styles.

While all you lot are drinking the good stuff ( IPA my favourite) Ive just had a pint of Skol lager - remember that

Genuinely gnats pi$$ if the highest order
Login to get fewer ads

Real ale clique.... on 18:13 - Mar 27 with 2104 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 17:49 - Mar 27 by Nigeriamark

While all you lot are drinking the good stuff ( IPA my favourite) Ive just had a pint of Skol lager - remember that

Genuinely gnats pi$$ if the highest order

Bloody he'll do they still sell that crap,I thought that it had gone the way off space dust and sweet fags for kids

Real ale clique.... on 13:59 - Mar 28 with 2026 viewsncfc_chalky

Brewdog are doing an offer of eight beers for just £3.95 postage when you subscribe to a monthly order with no commitment,all you do is order the first one,wait until it's delivered then next day go online and cancel the subscription

Real ale clique.... on 21:00 - Apr 14 with 1784 viewsncfc_chalky

I see that Seabrook's have teamed up with Northern Monk to bring out s crisp flavoured beer with cheese and onion or prawn cocktail being offered,I'm not sure about this one myself but will anyone on here try them?

Tonight I'm supping Brew York's Rhubarba Streisand from Sainsbury's,£3 a can

I thought that I would bump this thread back up to take your mind off of other things

Real ale clique.... on 21:06 - Apr 14 with 1766 viewsblackdogblue

Real ale clique.... on 08:57 - Mar 14 by ncfc_chalky

I tried a Brewdogs Light Speed last night and think that it's probably one of the nicest beers that I've ever tasted and what more I feel fine this morning which makes it a top beer...erm...ale?

Just mentioned you in another thread, how coincidental is that & u pop up 😀

Fook off ...

Blackdogblue 2001
Sandyman 2000

😀🤣

Clock is in countdown to the Dog Opening 😁😁

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Real ale clique.... on 21:18 - Apr 14 with 1739 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 21:06 - Apr 14 by blackdogblue

Just mentioned you in another thread, how coincidental is that & u pop up 😀

Fook off ...

Blackdogblue 2001
Sandyman 2000

😀🤣

Clock is in countdown to the Dog Opening 😁😁

Ooooooh,was it owt nice?

Real ale clique.... on 23:14 - Apr 14 with 1692 viewsjoecooke

Joseph Holts diamond on draught. Brewdog with pineapple or guava is just wrong

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Real ale clique.... on 23:16 - Apr 14 with 1688 viewsjoecooke

Special brew down at 7.2 is now a nice drink,still to be treated with care.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 23:17]

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Real ale clique.... on 10:15 - Apr 15 with 1575 viewsDaleiLama

Real ale clique.... on 08:46 - Mar 27 by mikehunt

I wish I didn't have the memory capacity of an amnesiac biscuit tin as I'm sure I saw a lone can in my local Lidl and would have sampled had I remembered this. Will check next time I'm in.

Their Hatherwood Golden Ale at 99p/500ml is a bargain, but more in the style of a best bitter, so perhaps not suitable for a "Hophead". Managed to get some of the Hatherwood IPA which again is a snip at £1.09/500ml - good bitterness but sadly not associated with bags of fruitiness, a style which I tend to prefer. Got a dozen of each and it will be no hardship supping them

Will try to remember the Steam Brew too.

Has anyone managed to get out into a beer garden yet? Got a table booked at 6:30 Saturday at a pub down the road with well spaced tables and a decent menu - will be nice to have someone pour a beer for me rather than doing my own. How did that become a novelty?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 10:16]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Real ale clique.... on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 1537 viewsSuddenLad

Not this guy then:

Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuit barrel

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Real ale clique.... on 12:11 - Apr 15 with 1508 viewsD_Alien

Real ale clique.... on 10:15 - Apr 15 by DaleiLama

I wish I didn't have the memory capacity of an amnesiac biscuit tin as I'm sure I saw a lone can in my local Lidl and would have sampled had I remembered this. Will check next time I'm in.

Their Hatherwood Golden Ale at 99p/500ml is a bargain, but more in the style of a best bitter, so perhaps not suitable for a "Hophead". Managed to get some of the Hatherwood IPA which again is a snip at £1.09/500ml - good bitterness but sadly not associated with bags of fruitiness, a style which I tend to prefer. Got a dozen of each and it will be no hardship supping them

Has anyone managed to get out into a beer garden yet? Got a table booked at 6:30 Saturday at a pub down the road with well spaced tables and a decent menu - will be nice to have someone pour a beer for me rather than doing my own. How did that become a novelty?

Thoroughly enjoyed a couple of hours in the Baum on a sunny but chilly Monday afternoon

Good atmosphere, well-behaved, Ben has everything sorted including heaters

Pictish Brewer's Gold & Talisman IPA on draught, so not their usual range just yet but they're local and we tried both - tasted like amber nectar might do to an amnesiac deity

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Real ale clique.... on 12:42 - Apr 15 with 1482 viewsAtThePeake

Real ale clique.... on 10:15 - Apr 15 by DaleiLama

Went to meet my mate in Stevenson Square for lunch and a pint yesterday and he somehow managed to pick the only place in the whole of Manchester not serving alcohol.

Booked in (or out?) for a couple of the local breweries around Salford tomorrow.

Tangled up in blue.

Real ale clique.... on 18:00 - Apr 15 with 1389 viewsblackdogblue

Real ale clique.... on 12:11 - Apr 15 by D_Alien

Thoroughly enjoyed a couple of hours in the Baum on a sunny but chilly Monday afternoon

Good atmosphere, well-behaved, Ben has everything sorted including heaters

Pictish Brewer's Gold & Talisman IPA on draught, so not their usual range just yet but they're local and we tried both - tasted like amber nectar might do to an amnesiac deity

Sandyman has been in the Baum as well he said it was great.. not for me as lager is lager 😀

The Cem is open as well, they usually have a selection of real ales but not keen on the place if I’m honest (long story) & it’s a clique..

Que Kel...

31 days to go....

Real ale clique.... on 19:54 - Apr 15 with 1307 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 23:14 - Apr 14 by joecooke

Joseph Holts diamond on draught. Brewdog with pineapple or guava is just wrong

I've just sampled the Brewdog Lockdown and quite enjoyed it

Real ale clique.... on 20:14 - Apr 15 with 1283 viewsncfc_chalky

Bdb....

I thought that the next time that I visited Rochdale I would do an undercover visit to the Black Dog so I've just googled it... From the outside it looks like it should be on Shameless,is it on a council estate? Would I feel safe? Do Frank Gallagher types frequent it? There's one photo of a bloke that looks like he's doing a quiz but has a phone in his hand,is he cheating and if so is it you? Oh the irony if it is,did you get chucked out for having a phone by Sam Smith?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 20:16]

Real ale clique.... on 08:35 - Apr 16 with 1199 viewsblackdogblue

Real ale clique.... on 20:14 - Apr 15 by ncfc_chalky

Bdb....

I thought that the next time that I visited Rochdale I would do an undercover visit to the Black Dog so I've just googled it... From the outside it looks like it should be on Shameless,is it on a council estate? Would I feel safe? Do Frank Gallagher types frequent it? There's one photo of a bloke that looks like he's doing a quiz but has a phone in his hand,is he cheating and if so is it you? Oh the irony if it is,did you get chucked out for having a phone by Sam Smith?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 20:16]

Chalky lad you have found it.. & whilst it's not the Jockey it has a reputation from days gone by.

I grew up in a council house and there are good & bad in all areas, quite a lot of the houses have been bought and rather than being a council estate pub, it is more of a Community Pub nowadays and to answer your concerns on safety, I can't remember the last time there was any trouble in there & definitely not with strangers and believe me, there are a lot worse establishments in Rochdale.

The reputation & probably the pictures, come from a long time ago when karaoke nights were allowed and in the past, there used to be a stage in the lounge with live bands. Those days are long gone & yes, all of this is now banned under the new Sam Smiths regime. On the plus side, there is a bus from Rochdale which stops outside it & it is a 10 minute straight walk down the hill to the ground.

Alas however, the future of the Dog remains in doubt as the landlady has been sacked for breaching Covid rules by having a family social gathering in the pub whilst closed & the plod rocked up. Whether it re-opens on the 17th May is anyone's guess but I wouldn't recommend buying you a beer in there if it wasn't safe mate..

Real ale clique.... on 09:12 - Apr 16 with 1174 viewsNigeriamark

Real ale clique.... on 08:35 - Apr 16 by blackdogblue

Chalky lad you have found it.. & whilst it's not the Jockey it has a reputation from days gone by.

I grew up in a council house and there are good & bad in all areas, quite a lot of the houses have been bought and rather than being a council estate pub, it is more of a Community Pub nowadays and to answer your concerns on safety, I can't remember the last time there was any trouble in there & definitely not with strangers and believe me, there are a lot worse establishments in Rochdale.

The reputation & probably the pictures, come from a long time ago when karaoke nights were allowed and in the past, there used to be a stage in the lounge with live bands. Those days are long gone & yes, all of this is now banned under the new Sam Smiths regime. On the plus side, there is a bus from Rochdale which stops outside it & it is a 10 minute straight walk down the hill to the ground.

Alas however, the future of the Dog remains in doubt as the landlady has been sacked for breaching Covid rules by having a family social gathering in the pub whilst closed & the plod rocked up. Whether it re-opens on the 17th May is anyone's guess but I wouldn't recommend buying you a beer in there if it wasn't safe mate..

In the 80s when I played in the Monday night pool league for the Sawyer's it had a bit of a reputation as did quite a few other pubs at the time. Never felt threatened even though there were a few handy lads in there. Got s few stares when I won a fiver on a scratch card as I think they felt only a regular should win. Very few pubs want trouble, it's only those looking for it who will find it.

Chalky. You should get someone to take you on a tour of the few remaining " backstreet" pubs. All havehad their regulars and characters. Most have closed sadly but there will still be a few
Real ale clique.... on 13:53 - Apr 16 with 1103 viewsncfc_chalky

Real ale clique.... on 08:35 - Apr 16 by blackdogblue

It sounds like a pub with some interesting characters bdb,I don't mind a pub that's a bit rough around the edges as long as I can enjoy a pint in there without any trouble as I've never been much of a fighter,fingers crossed it will reopen soon for you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024