Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread THE FINAL SAY 02:20 - Apr 7 with 14354 viewsNotLoyal

The swans are on a run of four defeats, no goals and seemingly have lost all confidence in themselves and how to deliver goals and points. Millwall are on a healthy run of form.

Nailed on home win then eh ?

EFL Championship
Saturday 10th April 2021
The New Den
Kick off 12.30pm or maybe it’s 1pm

Match Officials
ROBERT JONES
Darren Cann and Simon Beck
Fourth Official : Craig Hicks

LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

The swans are entering record breaking territory for all the wrong reasons.
Here we go ...

Longest losing streak (League): 9 matches, 26 January 1991 to 19 March 1991
Longest non-scoring run (League): 6 matches, 6 February 1996 to 24 February 1996

Who would have thought it, it’s strange how we all take things for granted when they are going well, and even stranger the people who were being hailed as the new dawn in Swansea City’s recent history are two months later being shouted down - and are very persona non grata.

Millwall on the other hand have won their last three games.

So what’s going on ?
Well, it’s like this. When you don’t score goals you draw games, when you don’t score goals and let them in you lose games. When you aren’t good enough to create chances to score goals and the other team does you lose games. If you are both shite, you draw games, but as we have seen you also lose games. This isn’t a conundrum, it’s what happens when your luck runs out, your heads are down and you feel sorry for yourself. Then you look at your bank balance, shrug your shoulders and play on your Xbox or PlayStation. It’s a great life being a loser.

A look back in anger

That’s a decent side.

Let’s go back to 2007 and Millwall v Swansea at the New Den. I chose this hame as I thought Kevin Austin was superb playing in this game. As we know he died of pancreatic cancer in 2018. Solid as a rock. Very dodgy penalty awarded against the swans, but still got the point.

Report - Roberto Martinez’s Swans extended their unbeaten run to eight games thanks to an influential performance from Paul Anderson. The on-loan Liverpool winger created the opening goal when his shot was parried into the path of Jason Scotland and the striker steered home. Millwall, under the guidance of new boss Jackett, responded through Zak Whitbread, and they went ahead 20 minutes from time thanks to Alan Dunne’s penalty. But Anderson had the final word, combining with Scotland to make it 2-2 on 78 minutes. The goal is credited to Darryl Duffy.

This game is LIVE on SKY and the club stronghold of Wales goes to Swansea City.
Just in case the 5-0 filth down the road are getting out of hand

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54741/can-the-swans-make

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, Alex Pearce (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Mason Bennett, Dan McNamara, Billy Mitchell, George Evans.

Substitutes: Frank Fielding, Mahlon Romeo, Shaun Williams, Shane Ferguson, Connor Mahoney, Ryan Woods, Kanneth Zohore, Tom Bradshaw, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Korey Smith, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Jake Bidwell, Ollie Cooper. Ben Cabango.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54746/swansea-city-hamme

Nice one Jacks that’s more like it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 15:04 - Apr 11 with 755 viewsjasper_T

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:42 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

Which is why we needed an out and out centre forward in the January window.

Who knows where we would be if had got one.

Still come up with the problem of Cooper needing to change system or drop Ayew to make good use of one. Given the calibre of players we were being linked to (like Watters who Mick McCarthy doesn't even seem to consider worthwhile backup to Moore given recent comments) I don't think it would have changed our fortunes much.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 16:50 - Apr 11 with 689 viewsFireboy2

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 15:04 - Apr 11 by jasper_T

Still come up with the problem of Cooper needing to change system or drop Ayew to make good use of one. Given the calibre of players we were being linked to (like Watters who Mick McCarthy doesn't even seem to consider worthwhile backup to Moore given recent comments) I don't think it would have changed our fortunes much.

Why the need to change the system?

The said centre forward would be in the middle of lowe and ayew, like yesterday.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 17:59 - Apr 11 with 665 viewsNotLoyal

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 16:50 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

The said centre forward would be in the middle of lowe and ayew, like yesterday.

Interesting that although Lowe was routed as playing on the left he scored both goals in the centre of the box, albeit the first he ran a bit 😉

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 18:05 - Apr 11 with 649 viewsonehunglow

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 15:04 - Apr 11 by jasper_T

Any striker of worth would have buried at least two certain headers into the back of the net.
That cooper failed to bring in a striker over four Windows defines him.

Lowe and Ayew would and could create chances as could Hoolie,Routledge and Grimes.

It was and is appalling we have tried to manage without any striker at all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 19:06 - Apr 11 with 630 viewsjasper_T

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 16:50 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

Yesterday and the previous game were the change of system. A "proper 9" either rides the bench from January until April or Cooper drops Lowe or Ayew. We've had the personnel to go 4-3-3 all season if Cooper wanted to.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Apr 11 with 616 viewsmax936

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:14 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

I mean't to quote Brynnie's rant in response to AC's post

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Apr 11 with 612 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Apr 11 by max936

I mean't to quote Brynnie's rant in response to AC's post

I would switch between the two systems keep teams guessing.
Horses for courses
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Apr 11 with 591 viewsFireboy2

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Apr 11 by Nortbankboy

I would switch between the two systems keep teams guessing.
Horses for courses

This ^
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 20:22 - Apr 11 with 589 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:42 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

Which is why we needed an out and out centre forward in the January window.

Who knows where we would be if had got one.

Brewster wouldn’t have scored without a creative spark behind him either. We’ve shown nothing going forward for months now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024