Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread THE FINAL SAY 02:20 - Apr 7 with 14353 viewsNotLoyal

The swans are on a run of four defeats, no goals and seemingly have lost all confidence in themselves and how to deliver goals and points. Millwall are on a healthy run of form.

Nailed on home win then eh ?

EFL Championship
Saturday 10th April 2021
The New Den
Kick off 12.30pm or maybe it’s 1pm

Match Officials
ROBERT JONES
Darren Cann and Simon Beck
Fourth Official : Craig Hicks

LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

The swans are entering record breaking territory for all the wrong reasons.
Here we go ...

Longest losing streak (League): 9 matches, 26 January 1991 to 19 March 1991
Longest non-scoring run (League): 6 matches, 6 February 1996 to 24 February 1996

Who would have thought it, it’s strange how we all take things for granted when they are going well, and even stranger the people who were being hailed as the new dawn in Swansea City’s recent history are two months later being shouted down - and are very persona non grata.

Millwall on the other hand have won their last three games.

So what’s going on ?
Well, it’s like this. When you don’t score goals you draw games, when you don’t score goals and let them in you lose games. When you aren’t good enough to create chances to score goals and the other team does you lose games. If you are both shite, you draw games, but as we have seen you also lose games. This isn’t a conundrum, it’s what happens when your luck runs out, your heads are down and you feel sorry for yourself. Then you look at your bank balance, shrug your shoulders and play on your Xbox or PlayStation. It’s a great life being a loser.

A look back in anger

That’s a decent side.

Let’s go back to 2007 and Millwall v Swansea at the New Den. I chose this hame as I thought Kevin Austin was superb playing in this game. As we know he died of pancreatic cancer in 2018. Solid as a rock. Very dodgy penalty awarded against the swans, but still got the point.

Report - Roberto Martinez’s Swans extended their unbeaten run to eight games thanks to an influential performance from Paul Anderson. The on-loan Liverpool winger created the opening goal when his shot was parried into the path of Jason Scotland and the striker steered home. Millwall, under the guidance of new boss Jackett, responded through Zak Whitbread, and they went ahead 20 minutes from time thanks to Alan Dunne’s penalty. But Anderson had the final word, combining with Scotland to make it 2-2 on 78 minutes. The goal is credited to Darryl Duffy.

This game is LIVE on SKY and the club stronghold of Wales goes to Swansea City.
Just in case the 5-0 filth down the road are getting out of hand

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54741/can-the-swans-make

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, Alex Pearce (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Mason Bennett, Dan McNamara, Billy Mitchell, George Evans.

Substitutes: Frank Fielding, Mahlon Romeo, Shaun Williams, Shane Ferguson, Connor Mahoney, Ryan Woods, Kanneth Zohore, Tom Bradshaw, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Korey Smith, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Jake Bidwell, Ollie Cooper. Ben Cabango.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54746/swansea-city-hamme

Nice one Jacks that’s more like it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 14:27 - Apr 10 with 1140 viewsjackrabbit

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread TEAM NEWS on 13:33 - Apr 10 by angryjack

Totally agree he can hold the ball for a start and take pressure off...Lowe is useless

Er...- really?
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:28 - Apr 10 with 1131 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is why Lowe plays instead of Whittaker.

Lowe has been short of confidence as most forwards do when they don’t score for a while. But he is our best option up front at the moment without a shadow of a doubt.

Whittaker’s time will come in the future. But an end of season run in isn’t the time to be starting someone so raw and inexperienced.

Well done to the players and management team today. Fantastic result and will take a bit of pressure off now.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:28 - Apr 10 with 1136 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:24 - Apr 10 by 34dfgdf54

Lowe has been woefully short of form and confidence, and for me, very poorly managed. But this is a worry for other teams him coming into form at this stage of season before a playoff.

He’s needed this massively

I think he's better out wide .He better running on to the ball than playing with his back to goal.
But there is definitely a player in there
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 1118 viewslifelong

Great, important save by Woodman at 2-0,

Excellent performance all round today, credit to the manager for selecting Routledge who was quality.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 1124 viewsjackrabbit

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:16 - Apr 10 by Witneyjack

Lowe is crap.......

Er...perhaps not?
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:30 - Apr 10 with 1115 viewsjackrabbit

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:14 - Apr 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's truly hilarious how one goal or key action can change people's entire perceptions or opinions on someone or something.

Now Lowe is suddenly "class" after taking his first chance in 18 games. Incredible.

Perhaps people prefer to be positive rather than constantly negative?
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:31 - Apr 10 with 1096 viewsonehunglow

Folks. Remember this.
We are talking about sport and sport always confounds.

Hudds trash us twice yet get destroyed by Norwich whom we beat.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:31 - Apr 10 with 1104 viewsLuther27

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:11 - Apr 10 by LittleEnglandJack

Fair play to Jamal. He's worked hard today and deserved that. Kept plugging away, without much success, but it came good eventually. Hopefully can go on a bit of a streak now.

Can you tell me tonight's lottery numbers please lol
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:31 - Apr 10 with 1099 viewsmax936

Great day so far and Pep has lost at home to leeds, Happy happy days.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:32 - Apr 10 with 1087 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 13:52 - Apr 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Our reputation as a club rife with cheaters has cost us a penalty there. It's what we deserve unfortunately.

We don't have a reputation as you suggest I think you are thinking about man utd

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 1070 viewsangryjack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:28 - Apr 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Lowe has been short of confidence as most forwards do when they don’t score for a while. But he is our best option up front at the moment without a shadow of a doubt.

Whittaker’s time will come in the future. But an end of season run in isn’t the time to be starting someone so raw and inexperienced.

Well done to the players and management team today. Fantastic result and will take a bit of pressure off now.

Granted Lowe scored two but Routledge all round play as a forward is much better up front than his...
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 1060 viewsonehunglow

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:32 - Apr 10 by felixstowe_jack

We don't have a reputation as you suggest I think you are thinking about man utd

Without doubt those soft penalties cost us a penalty today

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 1069 viewsmax936

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:14 - Apr 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's truly hilarious how one goal or key action can change people's entire perceptions or opinions on someone or something.

Now Lowe is suddenly "class" after taking his first chance in 18 games. Incredible.

Here you go Dwighty, pop on to here and get some joy in your life

www.redcafe.net/forums/

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 1040 viewsFireboy2

Well wtf happened there then, great performance in the second half, what a great way to shut the detractors up.

Touch wood they will hopefully carry that onto the next game, it has been very frustrating in the last few games as we all know deep down that they can do it.

Onwards and upwards.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:40 - Apr 10 with 1011 viewsAnotherJohn

Talk about exceeding expectations! Let us hope that the monkey is off our back for the run-in.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:40 - Apr 10 with 1010 viewsjasper_T

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:33 - Apr 10 by angryjack

Granted Lowe scored two but Routledge all round play as a forward is much better up front than his...

Yep first 45 minutes Routs was the best of the front three by some distance. Lowe was energetic but wasteful and Ayew barely had a kick.

Next game I'd stick Routs centre forward, Lowe on the left, Whittaker right.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 14:42]
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:42 - Apr 10 with 1000 viewsmax936

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:36 - Apr 10 by Fireboy2

Well wtf happened there then, great performance in the second half, what a great way to shut the detractors up.

Touch wood they will hopefully carry that onto the next game, it has been very frustrating in the last few games as we all know deep down that they can do it.

Onwards and upwards.

In fairness, no one on here has been happy lately, we've be very poor, today was completely different and lifted our spirts, pity its a bit early for Cheeky Shandy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:42 - Apr 10 with 996 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:16 - Apr 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Now that's a very good goal. Hopefully we see that continue.

Form is variable being an Idiot is permanent.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:42 - Apr 10 with 995 viewsFlashberryjack

Boy did we need that, 3 spanking goals, 1 from Ayew and 2 from Lowe, who looked to be a completely different player to what he's been lately.

But for me the catalyst to today's performance was Wayne Routledge, I thought he brought everything to the team that's been missing, holding the ball under pressure, accurate passing and always looking for players to make runs off the ball, well done Wayne.

3 points in the bag, we move on to the next game with a lot more confidence and purpose.
Come on you Jack b*stards.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:43 - Apr 10 with 994 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:32 - Apr 10 by felixstowe_jack

isn't he always

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:44 - Apr 10 with 985 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:40 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Yep first 45 minutes Routs was the best of the front three by some distance. Lowe was energetic but wasteful and Ayew barely had a kick.

Next game I'd stick Routs centre forward, Lowe on the left, Whittaker right.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 14:42]

I agree, I have knocked Routs in the past for not contributing much when he comes on.
But today he showed a class above the rest, he may no longer be quick, but his passing, ball skills and keeping possession were as good as any we have seen for years.
Even Hooly contributed more today.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:45 - Apr 10 with 980 views34dfgdf54

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:28 - Apr 10 by Dr_Parnassus

When he’s playing like that he’s outstanding. I’ll stand by what I say 100% though should have been taken out of firing line but he was back in a big way today. That second finish was a man confident.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:45 - Apr 10 with 974 viewsBoundy

Well the nearest to my prediction was that we wouldn't lose the rest was totally unexpected. There was an air of confidence today , the little flicks , movement , going forward with the ball ,our press was good and high , snapping into tackles, everything which has been missing recently . Credit to the management team ,somehow Coopers & Co much have switched on something as a collective with the players ,they looked so much better and dare I say it happy

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:45 - Apr 10 with 973 viewsjackrabbit

I missed the first half as I was on the golf course, but switched on just at the start of the second half and I could sense this was not going to be the same-old, same-old that we’ve suffered in the past month or so. There was a buzz about the team - Ayew looked lively, the defence looked solid and Routs was looking effective. I still haven’t seen Ayew’s goal, but Lowe’s two were top class. The build up to the 3rd goal was most pleasing - intricate pass and move with a bit of top quality from Ayew to set up Lowe’s excellent finish. Just like Swans of old! Very gratifying. And well done Freddie for an excellent save to keep it 2-0 late in the half. All in all a bad day for the naysayers!
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread AS IT HAPPENS on 14:46 - Apr 10 with 970 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another masterclass in tactics and team selection today. Still the Cooper haters will want him to get the sack.

Great save and performance from Woodman should earn him a 3 out of ten from his critics.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024