Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 09:55 - Apr 16 with 1631 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54807/the-rochdaleafc.com-p

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 09:59 - Apr 16 with 1624 viewsAtThePeake

We obviously recommend all Dale fans listen to every episode, but we recommend this one in particular as there is some important information in there regarding Chris Dunphy's potential return and what happens next. Big thanks to Richard for giving up his time to talk to us.

Listen to the episode on Spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3RYPIPNXyPzlL6qLCdAVwX?si=eafc862cd7784d9b

Apple Podcasts here: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rochdaleafc-com-podcast/id1506914734#e

Or Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/user-296512693/episode-41-winning-at-home-a-chat-with-ric

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 10:03 - Apr 16 with 1610 viewsjudd

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 09:59 - Apr 16 by AtThePeake

We obviously recommend all Dale fans listen to every episode, but we recommend this one in particular as there is some important information in there regarding Chris Dunphy's potential return and what happens next. Big thanks to Richard for giving up his time to talk to us.

Listen to the episode on Spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3RYPIPNXyPzlL6qLCdAVwX?si=eafc862cd7784d9b

Apple Podcasts here: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rochdaleafc-com-podcast/id1506914734#e

Or Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/user-296512693/episode-41-winning-at-home-a-chat-with-ric

Never mind all that trivial gubbins - did Chaff get his coriander, or was it burnt to a cinder?

Poll: What is it to be then?

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 10:07 - Apr 16 with 1605 viewsChaffRAFC

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 10:03 - Apr 16 by judd

Never mind all that trivial gubbins - did Chaff get his coriander, or was it burnt to a cinder?

After a 15 minute wait, I can confirm, I did in fact get the coriander needed for my pre-podcast tea!

Kids had apparently set a fire at the back door which set the alarm off. It stunk of smoke when we were eventually allowed in!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 10:17 - Apr 16 with 1574 viewsjudd

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 10:07 - Apr 16 by ChaffRAFC

After a 15 minute wait, I can confirm, I did in fact get the coriander needed for my pre-podcast tea!

Kids had apparently set a fire at the back door which set the alarm off. It stunk of smoke when we were eventually allowed in!

I'm relieved to hear that you got your coriander.

I ventured to Tesco for my cous cous and hummus.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 11:07 - Apr 16 with 1509 viewskel

Only listened to the second half so I’ll have to do the first part too now I know Chaff has apparently attempted to cook something.

Richard speaks extremely well and would be a fantastic asset to the club if he is ever involved again.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 11:19 - Apr 16 with 1476 viewsChaffRAFC

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 11:07 - Apr 16 by kel

Only listened to the second half so I’ll have to do the first part too now I know Chaff has apparently attempted to cook something.

Richard speaks extremely well and would be a fantastic asset to the club if he is ever involved again.

Noooooo, I was merely shopping last night. Not my turn to cook, I'm very much second best at that in our house.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 11:25 - Apr 16 with 1467 viewskel

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 11:19 - Apr 16 by ChaffRAFC

Noooooo, I was merely shopping last night. Not my turn to cook, I'm very much second best at that in our house.

Pathetic.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 11:31 - Apr 16 with 1455 viewsjudd

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 11:19 - Apr 16 by ChaffRAFC

At the risk of being seen as a snob, it's not the sort of thing I ever expected to hear outside Morrisons in Heywood - "I've only popped out for some coriander"

Login to get fewer ads

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 12:31 - Apr 16 with 1343 viewsToffeemanc

Having just listened to that, and a great listen it was too, it seems we won't be getting Chris Dunphy back after all and I think the chances of the CEO being removed at the EGM are now also very slim. If this is the case then I think the suggested boycotting of season tickets will be the only way to rid ourselves of the CEO.

Overall I'm more worried now than ever about the future and direction of the club.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 12:32]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 12:46 - Apr 16 with 1305 viewsFrankDale

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 12:31 - Apr 16 by Toffeemanc

Having just listened to that, and a great listen it was too, it seems we won't be getting Chris Dunphy back after all and I think the chances of the CEO being removed at the EGM are now also very slim. If this is the case then I think the suggested boycotting of season tickets will be the only way to rid ourselves of the CEO.

Overall I'm more worried now than ever about the future and direction of the club.

You and me both..
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 12:49 - Apr 16 with 1295 viewsShun

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 12:46 - Apr 16 by FrankDale

You and me both..

Yep, very worried. Looking at the figures of share ownership I was always dubious how he was going to have enough support, but to hear it stated plainly like that is extremely worrying.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 13:02 - Apr 16 with 1260 viewsD_Alien

I remain pretty optimistic. There are some great people working to turn things around and having urged caution to begin with, i'm not unduly taken aback by the indications that CD won't be returning as Chairman

It can't be repeated enough that DB remaining in a paid executive position and having apparently unbridled influence at the club is untenable. Yes, i hear those who say it'll be difficult to unseat him which is why maximum pressure from all sides must continue to be exerted; from shareholders (and great to see the Trust initiative in this regard) and from all other fans who can see beyond the flannel

Perhaps CD's return might've been contentious, in which case if an alternative Chair can be found who brings stability and consensus in moving forwards it mightn't be such a bad thing. I wish those working towards that end, the best of luck and godspeed

[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 13:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 13:07 - Apr 16 with 1246 viewsTipperaryDale

Any chance of a summing up of the contents for those who can't listen? Seems to be very important for the future of the club... would suggest it would need sharing as widely as possible in that case.

Ta
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 13:16 - Apr 16 with 1209 viewsAtThePeake

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 13:07 - Apr 16 by TipperaryDale

Any chance of a summing up of the contents for those who can't listen? Seems to be very important for the future of the club... would suggest it would need sharing as widely as possible in that case.

Ta

This is probably the key point Tipperary:

I'll try and get an article up at some point with some of the key points but between recording, editing and uploading the podcast and doing my day job I haven't had time yet.

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 13:24 - Apr 16 with 1173 viewsTipperaryDale

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 13:16 - Apr 16 by AtThePeake

This is probably the key point Tipperary:

I'll try and get an article up at some point with some of the key points but between recording, editing and uploading the podcast and doing my day job I haven't had time yet.

Thanks very much, top work.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 14:02 - Apr 16 with 1087 viewsAtThePeake

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 13:24 - Apr 16 by TipperaryDale

Thanks very much, top work.

A lunch break spent listening back to my own voice is never fun!

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54808

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 14:13 - Apr 16 with 1063 viewsdawlishdale

Listened to the podcast...excellent as usual.

I wonder if the "large shareholders" who don't support CD coming back as Chairman have a viable alternative, as I think almost everyone is united in wanting a change of CEO, and change on the Board.

It looks very likely that an EGM will be called; I just hope the "large shareholders" don't back the wrong horse once again.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 14:14 - Apr 16 with 1056 viewstony_roch975

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 12:31 - Apr 16 by Toffeemanc

The EGM was never about any Club employees over which Shareholders (rightly) have no power, that's the role of the employer (the Club) in line with employment law. If the EGM or an AGM led to a different Board make-up they might make different employment decisions but that still wouldn't be up to the Shareholders.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 1005 viewskel

Where’s the coriander clip?
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 14:40 - Apr 16 with 995 viewsChaffRAFC

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 14:34 - Apr 16 by kel

Where’s the coriander clip?

There wasn't one, it was a convo outside Morrisons!

This post has been edited by an administrator

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 15:27 - Apr 16 with 927 viewsjudd

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 14:40 - Apr 16 by ChaffRAFC

There wasn't one, it was a convo outside Morrisons!

This post has been edited by an administrator

I've recorded it Chaff, to prove to GMP that Heywood residents do buy other types of herb

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 15:51 - Apr 16 with 896 viewsChaffRAFC

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 15:27 - Apr 16 by judd

I've recorded it Chaff, to prove to GMP that Heywood residents do buy other types of herb

I'd rather GMP concentrated on the little b*stards who set the fire alarm off in all honesty.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 889 viewsjudd

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast - Episode 41 on 15:51 - Apr 16 by ChaffRAFC

I'd rather GMP concentrated on the little b*stards who set the fire alarm off in all honesty.

Yeah, I did attempt to run a few over on my way out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024