Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Leicester 20:44 - May 15 with 2223 viewsjohndale

On winning the FA Cup. Went to the polytechnic in the 80s and lived there for 3 years later on and attended numerous games when living there and went to the opening game at the walkers stadium. Chuffed for them.
Well done Leicester on 20:55 - May 15 with 2193 viewsD_Alien

Deserved victory on the day, but good to see the FA Cup final mean something with fans able to attend

Late drama of course, but that's what its all about. Unbelievable save from Schmeichel, who isn't popular in these parts but no denying the quality of his keeping, imo the best keeper in the country

Won't be surprised by any negative comments, but with a winning goal that'll be shown decades from now, they'd be irrelevant
[Post edited 15 May 2021 20:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well done Leicester on 21:08 - May 15 with 2172 viewsTVOS1907

Well done Leicester on 20:55 - May 15 by D_Alien

Deserved victory on the day, but good to see the FA Cup final mean something with fans able to attend

Late drama of course, but that's what its all about. Unbelievable save from Schmeichel, who isn't popular in these parts but no denying the quality of his keeping, imo the best keeper in the country

Won't be surprised by any negative comments, but with a winning goal that'll be shown decades from now, they'd be irrelevant
[Post edited 15 May 2021 20:57]

Agree with all of that.

Although it wasn't a classic game, I enjoyed it more than a lot of other more recent finals, especially those between the usual suspects.

Chelsea, of course, are regular finalists, but it was nice to see them face a side who haven't been there since 1969 and to then lose to them. (I've nothing against Chelsea - I just like to see other clubs and fans at that level have some success, instead of the same ones all the time)

It should also show that when clubs take the cups seriously, it can end in days out like that that will live long in the memory for all in attendance.

It's all very well resting players for cup ties just so they can be fresh for the next Premier League game versus West Ham (or whoever), but if stronger sides were picked in earlier ties, we might just get more variety in finalists and winners.

I've also always been of the opinion that to play in the final, a player must have appeared in at least half of a team's previous ties that season - a sort of "cup tied" in reverse - but it'll never happen.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Well done Leicester on 21:16 - May 15 with 2160 viewsD_Alien

Well done Leicester on 21:08 - May 15 by TVOS1907

Agree with all of that.

Although it wasn't a classic game, I enjoyed it more than a lot of other more recent finals, especially those between the usual suspects.

Chelsea, of course, are regular finalists, but it was nice to see them face a side who haven't been there since 1969 and to then lose to them. (I've nothing against Chelsea - I just like to see other clubs and fans at that level have some success, instead of the same ones all the time)

It should also show that when clubs take the cups seriously, it can end in days out like that that will live long in the memory for all in attendance.

It's all very well resting players for cup ties just so they can be fresh for the next Premier League game versus West Ham (or whoever), but if stronger sides were picked in earlier ties, we might just get more variety in finalists and winners.

I've also always been of the opinion that to play in the final, a player must have appeared in at least half of a team's previous ties that season - a sort of "cup tied" in reverse - but it'll never happen.

Agree with all of that - except the last point! Seeing the old warhorse Wes Morgan come on to reinforce the defence in the last few minutes added something indefinable to the - dare i say it - romance of the occasion

Its been a long time since i've thought that about any cup final, and i remember Leicester's last one!

Well done Leicester on 21:31 - May 15 with 2140 viewsTVOS1907

Well done Leicester on 21:16 - May 15 by D_Alien

Agree with all of that - except the last point! Seeing the old warhorse Wes Morgan come on to reinforce the defence in the last few minutes added something indefinable to the - dare i say it - romance of the occasion

Its been a long time since i've thought that about any cup final, and i remember Leicester's last one!

I was thinking more of a way to stop teams putting out weakened sides in the earlier rounds.

It'll never happen, of course, and the Morgan example is one of the reasons why it probably shouldn't.

Well done Leicester on 21:49 - May 15 with 2120 viewsD_Alien

Well done Leicester on 21:31 - May 15 by TVOS1907

I was thinking more of a way to stop teams putting out weakened sides in the earlier rounds.

It'll never happen, of course, and the Morgan example is one of the reasons why it probably shouldn't.

Fair point about earlier rounds

By a strange fixture quirk, the two sides meet again next Tuesday, and with a Champions League place on the line, it'll be interesting to see the selections, especially with Chelsea having an extra option in the final

Well done Leicester on 21:54 - May 15 with 2109 viewsTVOS1907

Well done Leicester on 21:49 - May 15 by D_Alien

Fair point about earlier rounds

By a strange fixture quirk, the two sides meet again next Tuesday, and with a Champions League place on the line, it'll be interesting to see the selections, especially with Chelsea having an extra option in the final

Even quirkier is the fact that league fixture was supposed to be today!
[Post edited 15 May 2021 21:55]

Well done Leicester on 22:06 - May 15 with 2082 viewsleicesterdale

I was at the game today, wonder if there were any other Dale fans there?

Very proud for Leicester City, the city having been my home for the last 30 years.

It was a wonderful experience being part of a crowd again, and a delight to see the 'underdog' be victorious.

Next time, perhaps a Dale victory in a play off final?
Well done Leicester on 23:45 - May 15 with 1994 viewsmikehunt

No axe to grind here but his bloody elbow was offside, looking at the VAR lines.
Is that rule changing next season (or has someone just proposed it)? That offsides should be decided by whether the part of the body you are allowed to score with is offside or not.
So, if your little finger nail just clears the last defender, you won't be flagged offside.
If not, it should be. Bloody VAR.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Leicester on 00:57 - May 16 with 1970 viewsHopwoodblue

Well done Leicester on 21:16 - May 15 by D_Alien

And one of Dales former players scored the winner

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Well done Leicester on 07:29 - May 16 with 1900 viewsleicesterdale

Well done Leicester on 23:45 - May 15 by mikehunt

No axe to grind here but his bloody elbow was offside, looking at the VAR lines.
Is that rule changing next season (or has someone just proposed it)? That offsides should be decided by whether the part of the body you are allowed to score with is offside or not.
So, if your little finger nail just clears the last defender, you won't be flagged offside.
If not, it should be. Bloody VAR.

Absolutely agree.

Although Leicester city on this occasion benefited, VAR reduces the game to a video sport and destroys the spontaneity of goal celebrations.

The sooner we get rid of VAR the better, though I can’t see that happening any time soon soon.
Well done Leicester on 09:32 - May 16 with 1806 viewsleicesterdale

Well done Leicester on 07:29 - May 16 by leicesterdale

Absolutely agree.

Although Leicester city on this occasion benefited, VAR reduces the game to a video sport and destroys the spontaneity of goal celebrations.

The sooner we get rid of VAR the better, though I can’t see that happening any time soon soon.

Correction: 'spontinuity'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024