Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 16:03 - May 22 with 6730 viewsamex

I have just had letter from Saints saying my season ticket in Kingsland is going up to £999 because they are putting in padded seats and re-naming it Kingsland Plus.
If I don’t agree to pay increase I can pay standard rate and be moved to inferior seat. Been a season ticket holder for years, but not happy about this and might not now re new
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 08:42 - May 23 with 1976 views1ASIN12

This does point to the club not understanding its fanbase in my opinion.

Though someone said that this was mentioned in the fans survey so maybe some fans said they would pay extra - I definitely wouldn’t if they padded my seat and asked for 40% extra .

I wonder what the club are going to ask for our season tickets next season in the other blocks to me this points out to an ill advised increase as in my opinion the take up or attendances in general could well be lower next season .

Some fans would have realised they don’t miss going to football as much as they had thought ( there are plenty of streams to watch if the game isn’t on tv) plus several fans could now find paying £600 odd for as season ticket or £35 for a match day ticket now too expensive.

Covid has change the world for many.
[Post edited 23 May 2021 8:43]
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 09:10 - May 23 with 1933 viewsdwayne_dibley

there is no such thing as loyalty from a commercial enterprise. They provide a product and it is the customer's choice whether to purchase it.

The crap the PR machine spouts about fan loyalty is just there to maximise revenue and minimise consumer churn.

A season ticket buys you access to 19 league matches nothing else.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 09:27 - May 23 with 1923 viewsSaintNick

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:44 - May 22 by Butty101

As Nick would say, saints support is rubbish, any other club fans in the premiership would gladly pay this and more. Saints fans have no ambition, why should Gao put his money where his mouth is when the fans won’t.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 17:45]

I have never said that Saints fans should pay this and more, I have constantly lobbied the club to keep prices low and in the main they have, last season they introduced cheap season tickets for about £400 for adults.

Being blunt people all have a good moan, but how many actually do anything about it other than moan, how many write to the club and express their disgust, we will get things like this happen to us because we sit back and let it happen.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 11:45 - May 23 with 1824 viewsBison

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 09:27 - May 23 by SaintNick

I have never said that Saints fans should pay this and more, I have constantly lobbied the club to keep prices low and in the main they have, last season they introduced cheap season tickets for about £400 for adults.

Being blunt people all have a good moan, but how many actually do anything about it other than moan, how many write to the club and express their disgust, we will get things like this happen to us because we sit back and let it happen.

So it is our fault then ?

You should know more than most Nick so not having a pop but some lead some follow.

You have become more and more recently a follower of the crap coming out of St Mary's rather than holding the club to account for the rest of us. I guess age and weariness has got to you as well like the most of us.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 12:03 - May 23 with 1801 viewsgrumpy

The best way to protest is as not to buy a ticket, as amex seems to be doing, that's what makes clubs sit up and take note, not writing letters or even walking up and down with placards.
Having another swipe at fans, Nick is not on, of course you are going to have fans complaining about this and that on a football forum that's part and parcel of what they are there for is it not?
The cost of going to games is killing the game for the working class.
How many fans can afford to introduce their family's to games?
That's where a lot of fans started their support, being taken by a member of your family.
[Post edited 23 May 2021 12:07]
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 12:22 - May 23 with 1775 viewsButty101

It was tongue in cheek. :-)

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 12:29 - May 23 with 1753 viewsMytchettSaint

I wonder how much of it is the club thinking people have credit in their account, we’ll do it this way and no one will notice as under normal circumstances they’d have expected to pay the full renewal price anyway.
I struggle to get my head round there being an increase in demand for this type of seating given the normal take up in hospitality/boxes etc for games outside of the big six. Unless the club truly believe there is pent up “consumer” demand for treating yourself post covid.
How many seats does block 31 have?

Forza Rossobianco

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 12:52 - May 23 with 1702 viewsBerber

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 09:10 - May 23 by dwayne_dibley

there is no such thing as loyalty from a commercial enterprise. They provide a product and it is the customer's choice whether to purchase it.

The crap the PR machine spouts about fan loyalty is just there to maximise revenue and minimise consumer churn.

A season ticket buys you access to 19 league matches nothing else.

This is absolutely true. The people managing the non playing side in most clubs care not one jot for the fans or the club mentality. Their only criteria for success is how much more they can milk out of the fanbase. being a "member" so that you can be inundated with sh1te product offers like shirts with sponsor names from a failed commercial deal, cheap polyester scarves and hats. Free drinks to stimulate more catering revenue works in some places, but totally outside of the traditional match day experience. But they don't understand or care for any of that, instead going down the cheap motorway burger bar look, with cr@p video screens you can hardly see most of the time.

I've previously railed against the amateurish surveys they plagued us with, so no more on that.

On the other hand, despite the frustrations of heavy defeats, I have immensely enjoyed much of the football that has been served up, and one reason for getting a season card, was to enjoy ALL of the footy on the pitch, from both sides, in the flesh on fabulously prepared green pitches, where skill and endeavour can flourish to vocal and enthusiastic LIVE crowds. So despite what the callow suits throw at me, I am looking forward to next season, in my usual seat.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Login to get fewer ads

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 13:28 - May 23 with 1666 viewsdwayne_dibley

the only way to behave is to have a pre-match drink and meal and a local pub, turn up at SMS ten minutes before KO to allow time for a toilet session.

Half time just for for a micturation or a bowel voiding, unless Kensie is getting them out

Full time just leave
[Post edited 23 May 2021 13:31]

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 15:25 - May 23 with 1605 viewssaintwizzler

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 13:28 - May 23 by dwayne_dibley

the only way to behave is to have a pre-match drink and meal and a local pub, turn up at SMS ten minutes before KO to allow time for a toilet session.

Half time just for for a micturation or a bowel voiding, unless Kensie is getting them out

Full time just leave
[Post edited 23 May 2021 13:31]

Three nil down rule?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 18:00 - May 23 with 1515 viewssledger

after todays crock of sh*t there doing you a favour find something else to do with youre grand
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:01 - May 23 with 1464 viewsdwayne_dibley

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 15:25 - May 23 by saintwizzler

Three nil down rule?

Saints go three behind , you feck off or turn off

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:13 - May 23 with 1427 viewssledger

premier league football a good piss up with friends ruined by a game of football watching saints
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:14 - May 23 with 1427 viewsNumber_58

I'd save myself £290 by getting a seat in the adjoining block and buying a 10 quid cushion off Amazon.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 11:52 - May 24 with 1279 viewsWalkingRosie

Even with the £399 Chapel corner ticket they increased the price in others such as Block 4. This Kingsland Plus season ticket idea was floated a couple of season's back and Season Ticket holders were asked about it in a survey. If my memory is right these Plus tickets were muted in the Chapel and Itchen as well I think with the price including hospitality.

I live in hope that the club will reduce ticket prices across the board and rip out the seats in the Itchen North 😇 but like every club in the country Saints have lost millions due to COVID. Sad reality is they will try and fleece supporters to claw some of that money back and I think they are hoping that the people in Block 31 who have rolled over their Season Ticket balance will not quibble at spending another £200 to not get piles.

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 11:53 - May 24 with 1278 viewsdwayne_dibley

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:13 - May 23 by sledger

premier league football a good piss up with friends ruined by a game of football watching saints

that is so true

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 12:36 - May 24 with 1245 views1ASIN12

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:01 - May 23 by dwayne_dibley

Saints go three behind , you feck off or turn off

3 nil down, back to town!
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 12:47 - May 24 with 1239 viewsKennington

It really is mental this type of thing. The club should be doing everything they can to work with long suffering fans. Instead they constantly try and squeeze a bit more money every season. I’m all for increasing commercial revenue but this isn’t the way to do it.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 13:23 - May 24 with 1208 viewsdwayne_dibley

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 12:47 - May 24 by Kennington

It really is mental this type of thing. The club should be doing everything they can to work with long suffering fans. Instead they constantly try and squeeze a bit more money every season. I’m all for increasing commercial revenue but this isn’t the way to do it.

but that is all the bright young things in sales know how to do

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 13:59 - May 24 with 1184 viewsPoirot

The exploitation of football fans continues, only if you allow it ! Ive long given up my season ticket, due to excessive prices and little in return. Some might say 'thats football', but im afraid with the costs involved these days its not working. I find myself going less and less on the ad hoc basis as well. This bullshit VAR that stops celebrating goals will further reduce attendance.

So the answer is to not renew your ticket in block 31 and it should be empty come the first game.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 15:49 - May 24 with 1153 viewssaints__fan__73

Are they buying into the Tesco, 'every little helps' thing?

Waste over £100m on the fees and wages of Hoedt, carillo, Lemina, Elywotsit, etc,etc,etc and try to claw back a few hundred quid each from a small number of s/t holders.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:03 - May 24 with 1148 viewsPaleRider

It appears that the club is mis-managing a number of things. Ultimately the owners are responsible - time for a change.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 22:59 - May 24 with 1061 viewsPoirot

There is a response from the club which all complainers are getting. It doesnt really say much loads of waffle about gasworks entry discount etc

The fact remains padded seats are standard at brighton and with current ticket costs should be standard at Saints ! The itchen stand central blocks is the only area of the ground which should have corporate plastic fans.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 09:20 - May 25 with 996 viewsWalkingRosie

Taken from the Darkside here is the response from Jim Gay, Supporter Services Manager:

"Many thanks for your email to our Director of Sales Anthony Cole-Johnson who has read your comments and requested that I respond.

We appreciate the subject of the letter was highly emotive, and you can be rest assured we don’t take these decisions lightly, especially at a time when more than ever, having fans away has been sorely missed, and we can’t wait to welcome everyone back.

As we shared before, we have recently committed to several stadium improvements over the Summer, some of which we have already started, such as the new scoreboard project, and a number of further initiatives that will genuinely improve the whole fan experience, and environment around St Mary’s which we will announce nearer to the close season.

We have over several seasons been proud to freeze the price of general admission season tickets, whilst extending concessional rates up to 25-year-olds, and to all those fans aged over 65 where previously they were not offered. In real terms, we have reduced for many the cost of coming to football at St Mary’s over the years, and have tried to be more accessible than ever, hence the £399 season ticket in the Chapel, and a £19 ticket seasonally in the Family Stand for U11s. The introduction of the “Kingsland Plus” season ticket is designed to offer an enhanced general admission experience for those wishing to choose something different from our usual hospitality offer, but still a better more comfortable seat than the standard seat in the stadium; indeed, we have priced it fairly to similar seats at other Premier League clubs.

The adult pricing structure of £999 is applicable to renewing season ticket holders only, with concessions priced at £929 for those aged under 25 and over 65- we didn’t make that clear in the first letter so our apologies. Additionally, those wishing to take advantage of a Gasworks membership can do so for just £29 (normally priced at £99), which works out at just over £1.50 per league fixture.

As mentioned in the letter, a seat has been reserved for you within Block 31 of the Kingsland Stand as we do hope this new seat works for you. If you feel, after reflection, this option isn’t for you, we will assist you in working out alternative options in Blocks 30 and 32 where the adult renewal price is £737 and £660 for concessions, or of course other areas such as the Chapel."

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 11:04 - May 25 with 966 viewsButty101

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 09:20 - May 25 by WalkingRosie

Taken from the Darkside here is the response from Jim Gay, Supporter Services Manager:

"Many thanks for your email to our Director of Sales Anthony Cole-Johnson who has read your comments and requested that I respond.

We appreciate the subject of the letter was highly emotive, and you can be rest assured we don’t take these decisions lightly, especially at a time when more than ever, having fans away has been sorely missed, and we can’t wait to welcome everyone back.

As we shared before, we have recently committed to several stadium improvements over the Summer, some of which we have already started, such as the new scoreboard project, and a number of further initiatives that will genuinely improve the whole fan experience, and environment around St Mary’s which we will announce nearer to the close season.

We have over several seasons been proud to freeze the price of general admission season tickets, whilst extending concessional rates up to 25-year-olds, and to all those fans aged over 65 where previously they were not offered. In real terms, we have reduced for many the cost of coming to football at St Mary’s over the years, and have tried to be more accessible than ever, hence the £399 season ticket in the Chapel, and a £19 ticket seasonally in the Family Stand for U11s. The introduction of the “Kingsland Plus” season ticket is designed to offer an enhanced general admission experience for those wishing to choose something different from our usual hospitality offer, but still a better more comfortable seat than the standard seat in the stadium; indeed, we have priced it fairly to similar seats at other Premier League clubs.

The adult pricing structure of £999 is applicable to renewing season ticket holders only, with concessions priced at £929 for those aged under 25 and over 65- we didn’t make that clear in the first letter so our apologies. Additionally, those wishing to take advantage of a Gasworks membership can do so for just £29 (normally priced at £99), which works out at just over £1.50 per league fixture.

As mentioned in the letter, a seat has been reserved for you within Block 31 of the Kingsland Stand as we do hope this new seat works for you. If you feel, after reflection, this option isn’t for you, we will assist you in working out alternative options in Blocks 30 and 32 where the adult renewal price is £737 and £660 for concessions, or of course other areas such as the Chapel."

Thats a great deal of PR waffle.

Ultimately all i really care about is that the team play well and win occasionally. That really improves my customer expereince....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024