Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Fool Karaoke? 22:17 - Jun 4 with 4892 viewsRAFCBLUE

Does anyone know the current whereabouts of the club's Media car?

I think we remember that in September 2020, the club had a car for the season, gratis, from sponsors Premier Kia.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/premier-kia-rochdale-announcem

If you have seen this vehicle whilst you've been out and about around the town, or would just like to provide the sponsor Premier Kia Rochdale with your full and frank thoughts as a fan and potential customer on the current running of the club and how their brand is attached to that then I am sure they would be grateful to hear from you.

b.bird@premier-car.co.uk

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Car Fool Karaoke? on 22:34 - Jun 4 with 3993 viewsjudd

Youre not suggesting a boycott of club sponsors are you?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Car Fool Karaoke? on 22:44 - Jun 4 with 3969 viewsRAFCBLUE

Car Fool Karaoke? on 22:34 - Jun 4 by judd

Youre not suggesting a boycott of club sponsors are you?

Not at all. Its a legitimate question as to if anyone knows where that Kia currently is.

Your question does prompt a thought about how all our current and potential sponsors might feel about the current goings on. Unhappy customers are not attractive to current or potential sponsors seeking to generate positivity for their brand name.

I am sure there will be some who will be looking at their partnerships with the club carefully.

It wouldn't surprise me that in light of recent events, some make the decision to end or pause their partnerships with RAFC.

Toxic brands are dropped by advertisers quicker than you can say Matt Dickens!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Car Fool Karaoke? on 22:48 - Jun 4 with 3961 viewsjudd

Car Fool Karaoke? on 22:44 - Jun 4 by RAFCBLUE

Not at all. Its a legitimate question as to if anyone knows where that Kia currently is.

Your question does prompt a thought about how all our current and potential sponsors might feel about the current goings on. Unhappy customers are not attractive to current or potential sponsors seeking to generate positivity for their brand name.

I am sure there will be some who will be looking at their partnerships with the club carefully.

It wouldn't surprise me that in light of recent events, some make the decision to end or pause their partnerships with RAFC.

Toxic brands are dropped by advertisers quicker than you can say Matt Dickens!

Cannot argue with any of that.

A company like Zen and their deeply moralistic values must surely want to distance themselves from a greed and deceit culture that events of Tuesday exposed.

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:05 - Jun 4 with 3932 viewsMasher

Wasn't it parked up outside the refreshment kiosk in the Sandy lane area of the ground? ( I think i remember seeing it there last home game of the season on ifollow)

Up The Dale!!

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:09 - Jun 4 with 3921 viewsRAFCBLUE

Car Fool Karaoke? on 22:48 - Jun 4 by judd

Cannot argue with any of that.

A company like Zen and their deeply moralistic values must surely want to distance themselves from a greed and deceit culture that events of Tuesday exposed.

It's going to go deeper than that, judd.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/siteassets/commercial/corporate-brochure-2020-fina

We appear to a lot of sponsors to find for next season, in an economy where people are being careful with their finances. The corporate world is not flush with cash and I don't see a line of unneeded sponsors crying as they are turned away.

Equally the narrative in the media is that of the Board's - "we cannot compete" ; hardly compelling for you to attach your brand to.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/rochdale-afc-looking-new-owner-2072

Oh - and we somehow have tied up the shirt sponsorship until 2027! That's 6 more years for what is the most lucrative sponsorship revenue stream that any club has!

Our CEO tainting the brand has stitched our Commercial Director up good and proper. She will have her work cut out this Summer with fans and sponsors alike.

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:12 - Jun 4 with 3907 viewsRAFCBLUE

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:05 - Jun 4 by Masher

Wasn't it parked up outside the refreshment kiosk in the Sandy lane area of the ground? ( I think i remember seeing it there last home game of the season on ifollow)

That was 1st May.

The question is where is it now?!

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:22 - Jun 4 with 3888 viewsjudd

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:09 - Jun 4 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/siteassets/commercial/corporate-brochure-2020-fina

We appear to a lot of sponsors to find for next season, in an economy where people are being careful with their finances. The corporate world is not flush with cash and I don't see a line of unneeded sponsors crying as they are turned away.

Equally the narrative in the media is that of the Board's - "we cannot compete" ; hardly compelling for you to attach your brand to.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/rochdale-afc-looking-new-owner-2072

Oh - and we somehow have tied up the shirt sponsorship until 2027! That's 6 more years for what is the most lucrative sponsorship revenue stream that any club has!

Our CEO tainting the brand has stitched our Commercial Director up good and proper. She will have her work cut out this Summer with fans and sponsors alike.

I thought fans were the LIFEBLOOD of the club?

That was cited at the AGM

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:36 - Jun 4 with 3861 viewsRAFCBLUE

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:22 - Jun 4 by judd

I thought fans were the LIFEBLOOD of the club?

That was cited at the AGM

Regarding lifebloods, as one shareholder said at the AGM to the Board, "I'm sorry that we are not your preferred choice partner anymore."

It clearly not just them who feel this way.

Worryingly about that brochure:

1. It twice features the face of the CEO who has been rejected:
a) By shareholders 60% of votes on Tuesday and
b) By fans 99% of votes in a long running poll on this website*
2. It features pictures of staff, some of whom were furloughed or laid off by the club during pandemic, whilst the CEO was awarded a payrise by the Board of Directors.
3. It features the shirts of Matheson (41) and Henderson (40) the former sold and the latter who publicly came out to complain about his treatment before signing for a now League 2 rival.
4. It features Fabio Tavares who we sold to Coventry
5. It features Aaron Wilbraham who we released in 2020.

I'm no marketeer but I'd go as far to say as its a brochure that needs updating quickly by the large assembled media team.

Other than that, its great!

*Poll is still open here:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/members/RAFCBLUE/polls/2625/vote
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 23:40]

Login to get fewer ads

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:42 - Jun 4 with 3841 viewsjudd

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:36 - Jun 4 by RAFCBLUE

Regarding lifebloods, as one shareholder said at the AGM to the Board, "I'm sorry that we are not your preferred choice partner anymore."

It clearly not just them who feel this way.

Worryingly about that brochure:

1. It twice features the face of the CEO who has been rejected:
a) By shareholders 60% of votes on Tuesday and
b) By fans 99% of votes in a long running poll on this website*
2. It features pictures of staff, some of whom were furloughed or laid off by the club during pandemic, whilst the CEO was awarded a payrise by the Board of Directors.
3. It features the shirts of Matheson (41) and Henderson (40) the former sold and the latter who publicly came out to complain about his treatment before signing for a now League 2 rival.
4. It features Fabio Tavares who we sold to Coventry
5. It features Aaron Wilbraham who we released in 2020.

I'm no marketeer but I'd go as far to say as its a brochure that needs updating quickly by the large assembled media team.

Other than that, its great!

*Poll is still open here:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/members/RAFCBLUE/polls/2625/vote
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 23:40]

Pay rise awarded by the BOARD of Directors?

Not the impression I got.

In fact, one former Directors' intervention asked those giving answers to reconsider the percentages being quoted, such that 10 -15% appeared to be significantly inaccurate and the awards not common knowledge at a full board meeting, becoming known after the event.

I say awards plural because it appears the manager had a pay increase too.

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:51 - Jun 4 with 3830 viewsRAFCBLUE

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:42 - Jun 4 by judd

Pay rise awarded by the BOARD of Directors?

Not the impression I got.

In fact, one former Directors' intervention asked those giving answers to reconsider the percentages being quoted, such that 10 -15% appeared to be significantly inaccurate and the awards not common knowledge at a full board meeting, becoming known after the event.

I say awards plural because it appears the manager had a pay increase too.

I was of the opinion judd that when the question was asked:

1. Mr Pockney looked to his left and asked Mr Grindrod who referred to his laptop.
2. Mr Grindrod looked to his right and said 10-15%.
3. Mr Bottomley remained silent
4. Mr Rawlinson nodded.

The correspondent with the question asked them to reconsider their answer based on his understanding and then

1. Mr Pockney looked to his left and asked Mr Grindrod who referred to his laptop
4. Mr Rawlinson nodded.

The only one you could suggest might not have known is Mr Kelly as he wasn't at the meeting so the Board collectively must know either at the time or subsequently.

Collective responsibility comes when you are on the Board even when a decision is taken by one or a few individuals you are tarred with it.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 23:52]

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:56 - Jun 4 with 3812 viewsjudd

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:51 - Jun 4 by RAFCBLUE

I was of the opinion judd that when the question was asked:

1. Mr Pockney looked to his left and asked Mr Grindrod who referred to his laptop.
4. Mr Rawlinson nodded.

The correspondent with the question asked them to reconsider their answer based on his understanding and then

1. Mr Pockney looked to his left and asked Mr Grindrod who referred to his laptop
4. Mr Rawlinson nodded.

The only one you could suggest might not have known is Mr Kelly as he wasn't at the meeting so the Board collectively must know either at the time or subsequently.

Collective responsibility comes when you are on the Board even when a decision is taken by one or a few individuals you are tarred with it.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 23:52]

There was an enormous amount of cowardice displayed by the CE in not answering to the shareholders directly, but I would suggest he contributed to the answer given twice on his behalf by the finance director and meeting chairman.

Car Fool Karaoke? on 00:27 - Jun 5 with 3745 views49thseason

The more I read about the shenanagins of Tuesday night the more ridiculous the incumbent board and CEO become, they have no apparent grip on any aspect of the club and their reliance on Bottomley simply plays into his hands, not that he exudes competence in any sense of the word.
The club is desperate for a leader. Some will say cometh the hour cometh the man ( or woman) but there seems to be little confidence in any of the board or senior managers, the impression given is that they all have their noses in the trough. The occasional player sale for good money has given them carte blanche to stop doing the simple things that have served so well over many years, hard work, focus on the team and a penny pinching attitude to spending money.
This ship is going to take a huge amount of turning but the sooner it starts, the better the chance of avoiding the rocks. Maybe its time for the overcoat men and others to prepare for winter and take back control if only for a few months until the current wastrels can be removed and people with skills and integrity can be persuaded to take over with a simple plan and with a sense of community that isnt taken for granted and then abused. Life is going to get interesting when the ground re-opens to fans.
Car Fool Karaoke? on 08:05 - Jun 5 with 3564 viewskel

The thing that’s annoying/disappointing me at the moment is the club hangers on who are whinging to anybody that will listen about poor old David being booted off the board.

The bloke furloughed some of your supposed mates whilst allegedly giving himself a 30% pay rise. Have you no morals either? This club needs rebuilding from the top down and the leeches need drumming out as well as the CE.
Car Fool Karaoke? on 08:28 - Jun 5 with 3520 viewsR17ALE

Car Fool Karaoke? on 08:05 - Jun 5 by kel

The thing that’s annoying/disappointing me at the moment is the club hangers on who are whinging to anybody that will listen about poor old David being booted off the board.

The bloke furloughed some of your supposed mates whilst allegedly giving himself a 30% pay rise. Have you no morals either? This club needs rebuilding from the top down and the leeches need drumming out as well as the CE.

Their day will come.

Indeed, all those who backed the wrong horse will face a day of reckoning.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Car Fool Karaoke? on 08:46 - Jun 5 with 3486 viewsQuigley_dale

Car Fool Karaoke? on 08:28 - Jun 5 by R17ALE

Their day will come.

Indeed, all those who backed the wrong horse will face a day of reckoning.

The wrong horse was backing himself... Think it was a lucky 15... Or was it 30%?
Car Fool Karaoke? on 09:14 - Jun 7 with 2694 viewsShun

Not sure if this was a whoosh thread or not, but I saw the Media car today alive and kicking!
Car Fool Karaoke? on 09:41 - Jun 7 with 2624 viewsCockneyDale

Car Fool Karaoke? on 23:09 - Jun 4 by RAFCBLUE

The Commercial Director seems more than capable of stitching herself up
Car Fool Karaoke? on 10:26 - Jun 7 with 2567 viewsD_Alien

Car Fool Karaoke? on 09:14 - Jun 7 by Shun

Not sure if this was a whoosh thread or not, but I saw the Media car today alive and kicking!

Can it play left back?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Car Fool Karaoke? on 10:55 - Jun 7 with 2536 viewsRAFCBLUE

Car Fool Karaoke? on 09:14 - Jun 7 by Shun

Who was driving Shun?

Car Fool Karaoke? on 11:42 - Jun 7 with 2492 viewsShun

Car Fool Karaoke? on 10:55 - Jun 7 by RAFCBLUE

Who was driving Shun?

Potentially DB, but I may be mistaken. Certainly a male and had the look of DB but seemed a bit more lithe, and it was only in passing so it may have been someone else.
Car Fool Karaoke? on 13:19 - Jun 7 with 2382 views49thseason

I rather think our CEO would rather be dead than be seen in a car adorned with Dale stickers. Much better to use you own car and claim the mileage, what the going rate? 60 -70p?
Car Fool Karaoke? on 13:55 - Jun 7 with 2328 viewsBigKindo

Car Fool Karaoke? on 13:19 - Jun 7 by 49thseason

I rather think our CEO would rather be dead than be seen in a car adorned with Dale stickers. Much better to use you own car and claim the mileage, what the going rate? 60 -70p?

£ 0-45/mile.
Car Fool Karaoke? on 14:48 - Jun 7 with 2249 viewsJames1980

How often do the club get a new car from Kia?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 15:01]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Car Fool Karaoke? on 15:56 - Jun 7 with 2142 viewsDaleiLama

Car Fool Karaoke? on 10:26 - Jun 7 by D_Alien

Can it play left back?

Looks like it's had a lot of experience playing left outside to me?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Car Fool Karaoke? on 16:17 - Jun 7 with 2098 viewsSandyman

Amazing what a large hike in salary can get you..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024