Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Morgan 17:57 - Dec 6 with 3118 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ex Dale target dies at just 38, great example and ambassador for football and what can be done outside the game.

Far far too young, Rest In Peace.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Marvin Morgan on 18:02 - Dec 6 with 3087 viewsSuddenLad

I read that earlier today and it was a real shock. I remember him well, particularly from his time at Aldershot when he was always one to keep an eye on, who gave us real problems.

He made a great life for himself after football with his own fashion label so to see that he's passed away at 38 is a massive tragedy for him and his family. Let's hope the business can survive, because it's a thriving and popular enterprise.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Marvin Morgan on 19:39 - Dec 6 with 2943 viewsTVOS1907

Genuine question as I've no recollection, but when was he a Dale target?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Marvin Morgan on 20:15 - Dec 6 with 2876 viewsisitme

I remember speaking to both Marvin and Kevin Ellison at the Joe Thompson charity game and they both came across really well.
Marvin Morgan on 20:20 - Dec 6 with 2859 viewsEllDale

Not sure but I remember him playing in Joe Thompson’s testimonial game and he looked a real handful albeit not in a competitive setting.
Marvin Morgan on 22:16 - Dec 6 with 2709 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Marvin Morgan on 19:39 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

We put a bud I for him in January 2011 (think of around 30k) and were after him again in the summer after promotion. I can’t remember the exact details but think it was in the press and also confirmed by a director at the time.

Was always a handful to play against and probably a Keith “project” if we had got him!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Marvin Morgan on 22:35 - Dec 6 with 2676 viewsTVOS1907

Marvin Morgan on 22:16 - Dec 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

We put a bud I for him in January 2011 (think of around 30k) and were after him again in the summer after promotion. I can’t remember the exact details but think it was in the press and also confirmed by a director at the time.

Was always a handful to play against and probably a Keith “project” if we had got him!

Genuinely have no recollection or knowledge of that whatsoever. Is there anything online about it? Has anyone else got any links?

We brought Liam Dickinson in, in January 2011, while Morgan went on loan from Aldershot to Dagenham. Seems odd we would bid for a player who Aldershot then let out on loan.

Were we really after him again three years later when he had scored one goal in 23 appearances for Plymouth in our promotion season?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 22:37]

Marvin Morgan on 22:55 - Dec 6 with 2625 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Marvin Morgan on 22:35 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

Genuinely have no recollection or knowledge of that whatsoever. Is there anything online about it? Has anyone else got any links?

We brought Liam Dickinson in, in January 2011, while Morgan went on loan from Aldershot to Dagenham. Seems odd we would bid for a player who Aldershot then let out on loan.

Were we really after him again three years later when he had scored one goal in 23 appearances for Plymouth in our promotion season?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 22:37]

It may have been the season earlier TVOS, jan 2010 and then summer 2010. It’s a good while back but it certainly happened. No reason to make it up.

Marvin Morgan on 23:14 - Dec 6 with 2598 viewsTVOS1907

Marvin Morgan on 22:55 - Dec 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

It may have been the season earlier TVOS, jan 2010 and then summer 2010. It’s a good while back but it certainly happened. No reason to make it up.

No, never thought that at all. I'm just surprised it's the first I've heard of it - or maybe my memory is going.

We signed O'Grady permanently in January 2010, though, so it's unlikely to have been then.

Login to get fewer ads

Marvin Morgan on 23:17 - Dec 6 with 2585 viewsTalkingSutty

I seem to remember him playing as a trialist for us in a pre- season friendly at bury, having said that it could have been the lad at Burton, his name escapes me.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 23:18]
Marvin Morgan on 23:28 - Dec 6 with 2553 viewsTVOS1907

Marvin Morgan on 23:17 - Dec 6 by TalkingSutty

I seem to remember him playing as a trialist for us in a pre- season friendly at bury, having said that it could have been the lad at Burton, his name escapes me.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 23:18]

That was Lucas Akins. Remember him trotting out at Rossendale United.

Marvin Morgan on 23:46 - Dec 6 with 2523 viewsTalkingSutty

Marvin Morgan on 23:28 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

That was Lucas Akins. Remember him trotting out at Rossendale United.

I wasn’t sure, cheers.
Marvin Morgan on 12:10 - Dec 7 with 2225 viewsBrierls

Marvin Morgan on 19:39 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

I don't remember this either. He's a player I wanted us to sign, but I never heard that we were ever in for him.

It's horrible news, he appears to have been a very popular guy.
Marvin Morgan on 12:26 - Dec 7 with 2163 viewsBrierls

"No reason to make it up"

But you have. Maybe your mind playing tricks on you, but I admire you for sticking to your guns.

Google can even find news of bids for Martin Carruthers back in 2000, so there'd be some hits had we bid for Marvin Morgan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024