Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper crisis 07:57 - Jan 9 with 17358 viewsdmm

It must be odds on that Archer is out for a while with his shoulder injury. If so, does Warburton turn to Walsh, recall Barnes (if he can) or look for a short term loan to fill the gap until Dieng returns?

My feeling is a short term loan is the way to go. There must be a PL or Championship club with a decent squad keeper who wants game time.

As a rookie 19 year old I wouldn't expect Walsh to be ready to play half a dozen Championship games. Barnes simply isn't good enough.
Keeper crisis on 13:03 - Jan 11 with 1425 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Keeper crisis on 12:53 - Jan 11 by dmm

For a moment I got very excited at the idea of Scotland playing at AFCON

I don't think that's what he meant, it's a badly worded....oh...right...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Keeper crisis on 13:12 - Jan 11 with 1361 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Keeper crisis on 13:14 - Jan 11 with 1341 viewssimmo

I'm not sure I see the value in getting another old and below par GK in for a month. Will they be that much better? It's not ideal to put a young keeper in but when is it ever ideal to have to play a 3rd choice? It's what the extended squad is for...

Unless you're protecting Walsh/similar as you feel he's MILES off, then just give him a run - we've played worse with less justification.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Keeper crisis on 13:20 - Jan 11 with 1285 viewsPinnerPaul

Keeper crisis on 17:57 - Jan 10 by Maggsinho

The latest…

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/woodman-marshall-and-hamer-on-radar-as-qpr-c

If you name enough keepers, chances are we will sign one of them I guess!
Keeper crisis on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 1241 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Keeper crisis on 13:14 - Jan 11 by simmo

I'm not sure I see the value in getting another old and below par GK in for a month. Will they be that much better? It's not ideal to put a young keeper in but when is it ever ideal to have to play a 3rd choice? It's what the extended squad is for...

Unless you're protecting Walsh/similar as you feel he's MILES off, then just give him a run - we've played worse with less justification.

Was thinking the same.
They mustn't think he's ready, I guess.

Keeper crisis on 13:25 - Jan 11 with 1229 viewsNorthernr

Is this a good time for my What Is The Point of Dillon Barnes? agenda?
Keeper crisis on 13:33 - Jan 11 with 1165 viewsgazza1

Keeper crisis on 13:25 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Is this a good time for my What Is The Point of Dillon Barnes? agenda?

This one is a tough call for the Manager.......why??

We are running close in this league, one wrong step and it could prove fatal....
Should he take a chance with using a boy in a man's game that could make or break him - MW needs to think he is ready for 1st team action. The opposition teams will be putting horrendous pressure on the young lad throughout the game, he needs to be up to it.
Or does he sign a replacement, a young up & coming keeper or a old man who has seen it all before.
If he does sign a loan, he needs to be someone who is going to fit into the squad/team ethics....

It is not easy and only MW will know what is best for QPR.....we have a lot to loose over the coming 2/3 weeks.
Keeper crisis on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 1034 viewsDieByYourSide

Didn't cover himself in glory v Bournemouth in the Cup highlights I saw. Marshall probably the safest pair of hands available? Has played internationals for Scotland as recently as last year.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

Keeper crisis on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 1033 viewsPinnerPaul

Keeper crisis on 13:33 - Jan 11 by gazza1

We are running close in this league, one wrong step and it could prove fatal....
Should he take a chance with using a boy in a man's game that could make or break him - MW needs to think he is ready for 1st team action. The opposition teams will be putting horrendous pressure on the young lad throughout the game, he needs to be up to it.
Or does he sign a replacement, a young up & coming keeper or a old man who has seen it all before.
If he does sign a loan, he needs to be someone who is going to fit into the squad/team ethics....

It is not easy and only MW will know what is best for QPR.....we have a lot to loose over the coming 2/3 weeks.

Great post and a bit pointless, but really what the board is for I guess, us spouting opinions on Walsh who most of us have never seen play and no one has ever seen play at the level and pressure we need him to!
Keeper crisis on 13:48 - Jan 11 with 1018 viewsNorthernr

Keeper crisis on 13:33 - Jan 11 by gazza1

With Joe Walsh I agree with you. Just a kid, very few games, if we were midtable I'd be saying he should go in goal but in the situation we're in, and with the games we've got coming up, they're probably right to look at some experienced cover. Might actually work in our favour, becuase I'm not a huge fan of Archer so Marshall may actually be an upgrade.

My point about Barnes though, all the way through, is why is he here? Not a kid for the future - 25. Clearly not rated as good enough to even start cup games for us. Never plays when he gets loaned out. Poor at Colchester. For a club that's meant to be cutting its cloth his signing struck me as odd to begin with, and has remained odd all the way through. I mean, if we don't have a use for him now, when ever will we?
Keeper crisis on 13:48 - Jan 11 with 1017 viewsBklynRanger

Keeper crisis on 12:54 - Jan 11 by DaBurgh

I found this picture of him on Wikipedia, doesn't look his age.
https://images.app.goo.gl/BfvZrTCQuXm9tbx9A

A pipe smoking goalkeeper is a handy thing to have when you're looking to run the clock down - signalling to the bench for a new pack of swan vestas with 4 mins left of injury time.
Keeper crisis on 13:55 - Jan 11 with 970 viewssimmo

Keeper crisis on 13:48 - Jan 11 by Northernr

With Joe Walsh I agree with you. Just a kid, very few games, if we were midtable I'd be saying he should go in goal but in the situation we're in, and with the games we've got coming up, they're probably right to look at some experienced cover. Might actually work in our favour, becuase I'm not a huge fan of Archer so Marshall may actually be an upgrade.

My point about Barnes though, all the way through, is why is he here? Not a kid for the future - 25. Clearly not rated as good enough to even start cup games for us. Never plays when he gets loaned out. Poor at Colchester. For a club that's meant to be cutting its cloth his signing struck me as odd to begin with, and has remained odd all the way through. I mean, if we don't have a use for him now, when ever will we?

It remains a complete mystery signing and the fact we extended his stay after seeing he's not good enough even for the teams we're loaning him to, is questionable at best...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Keeper crisis on 14:13 - Jan 11 with 881 viewsPhildo

Keeper crisis on 13:55 - Jan 11 by simmo

It remains a complete mystery signing and the fact we extended his stay after seeing he's not good enough even for the teams we're loaning him to, is questionable at best...

Is he a billionaires son? That's how it works in F1...
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024