Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field 17:37 - Jan 15 with 6273 viewsDWQPR

Now that was definitely the Sam Field that we thought we had bought. Absolutely monstered the midfield and in the second half allowed Johanson to get further forward. Great second half performance in the second half by the team and apart from that ball across the goal in the second half I cannot remember West Brom getting close to our goal.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sam Field on 22:42 - Jan 15 with 1483 viewsWatfordR

Sam Field on 22:37 - Jan 15 by gazza1

He done his bit in midfield, broke a few attacks up, tackled a few times, gave the ball away, got caught out a few times being out of position.

'Great' as you so put it is what Barbet done during the game and also Dunne.....it certainly was not Field, but hey, your expectations are very low obviously.

I suppose you thought the Dykes was 'great' today as well!!!!!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 22:39]

This is a Field thread, why would you bring up Dykes gazza?
Sam Field on 22:44 - Jan 15 with 1479 viewsterryb

Field gave very good protection in front of the defence & was far better than just ok.

Sadly, if it had been Dom Ball who had played like that you would have been singing his prasies.
Sam Field on 22:44 - Jan 15 with 1463 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:41 - Jan 15 by StreathamRanger

I think his performance is somewhere between Gazza and Watford's point of view. Not sensational but encouraging and enough to suggest he could be a very important player. I'm pleased for him to get a result against his old club. Like pretty much all our players he seems a good lad. Never seen him moan, works hard etc.

That is why I said his performance was OK!!!!

Watford in his naivety thinks it was 'great....bullsihte!!!! He doesn't understand.
Sam Field on 22:46 - Jan 15 with 1438 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:44 - Jan 15 by terryb

Field gave very good protection in front of the defence & was far better than just ok.

Sadly, if it had been Dom Ball who had played like that you would have been singing his prasies.

No your comments are not factual at all.......Field done OK and if Ball done the same then it would have been OK as well.
Sam Field on 22:51 - Jan 15 with 1399 viewsterryb

Sam Field on 22:46 - Jan 15 by gazza1

No your comments are not factual at all.......Field done OK and if Ball done the same then it would have been OK as well.

No, my comment was factual, Field was better than ok.

I appreciate it is not always easy for any of us to give praise to anyone that is not on our favoured list, but he was good today. I'm sure he can still improve, but it was the best holding midfield performance from any of our players this season.
Sam Field on 22:53 - Jan 15 with 1385 viewsWatfordR

Sam Field on 22:31 - Jan 15 by gazza1

|Please explain what was 'great' about it

Everyone had their part to play in the team's success today, particularly in the second half. Barbet I would suggest went above and beyond in the last 15 minutes today, probably the best 15 minutes he's had for us. Great didn't do his bravery justice IMO.

Field had a great second half for us. I'd say the difference between him and Ball, and it's just enough to make a difference to the team, is that he's more comfortable to pass, a little more aggressive in his pressing, prepared to push up a little further in his defensive duties, and therefore frees up Stefan to impact in a more attacking sense. It's not a lot of difference in any of those areas, but combined it's enough to have a more positive impact on our team.

I'd also say I think Dom Ball has a good attitude and team ethic, and I quite like him as a player. it's just fine margins.
Sam Field on 22:55 - Jan 15 with 1364 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:51 - Jan 15 by terryb

No, my comment was factual, Field was better than ok.

I appreciate it is not always easy for any of us to give praise to anyone that is not on our favoured list, but he was good today. I'm sure he can still improve, but it was the best holding midfield performance from any of our players this season.

Obviously opinions are opinions but the 'factual; bit is when you quote me.....

'Sadly, if it had been Dom Ball who had played like that you would have been singing his prasie'

As I said I would have said very similar.......ok
Sam Field on 22:57 - Jan 15 with 1349 viewsterryb

Sam Field on 22:55 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Obviously opinions are opinions but the 'factual; bit is when you quote me.....

'Sadly, if it had been Dom Ball who had played like that you would have been singing his prasie'

As I said I would have said very similar.......ok

It is still a fact that Field ws better than ok.

OK?
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field on 22:58 - Jan 15 with 1339 viewsgazza1

Furthermore you state...

'the best holding midfield performance from any of our players this season'

......again totally OTT, he was lost in the first half and several times in the 2nd he was missing on duty.
Sam Field on 22:59 - Jan 15 with 1319 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:57 - Jan 15 by terryb

It is still a fact that Field ws better than ok.

OK?

He wasn't in my opinion he was 'OK'
Sam Field on 23:00 - Jan 15 with 1320 viewsWatfordR

Sam Field on 22:58 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Furthermore you state...

......again totally OTT, he was lost in the first half and several times in the 2nd he was missing on duty.

You really are a saddo gazza. Best game of the season, best atmosphere at LR this season, and all you want to do is run down players you don't like.
Sam Field on 23:03 - Jan 15 with 1293 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 22:53 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

Everyone had their part to play in the team's success today, particularly in the second half. Barbet I would suggest went above and beyond in the last 15 minutes today, probably the best 15 minutes he's had for us. Great didn't do his bravery justice IMO.

Field had a great second half for us. I'd say the difference between him and Ball, and it's just enough to make a difference to the team, is that he's more comfortable to pass, a little more aggressive in his pressing, prepared to push up a little further in his defensive duties, and therefore frees up Stefan to impact in a more attacking sense. It's not a lot of difference in any of those areas, but combined it's enough to have a more positive impact on our team.

I'd also say I think Dom Ball has a good attitude and team ethic, and I quite like him as a player. it's just fine margins.

Field was not great, you may think so which is well OTT imho.

As for Ball, he is as good as Field as far as I can see.......not a lot in them, if any.

I am still waiting for this 'super dooper' Field performance.
Sam Field on 23:05 - Jan 15 with 1286 viewsted_hendrix

15th January and we've already 'banked' 44 points, we're 4th in the table with a not too bad GD.

Nothing but nothing to complain about ANY of our players today in performances or attitude.

And that goes for the Manager too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sam Field on 23:06 - Jan 15 with 1280 viewsterryb

Sam Field on 22:58 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Furthermore you state...

I know that you have a good knowledge about football, but it is irritating when you feel that you have to repeat your views from previous games.

He was not lost in the first half & didn't go missing from duty in the second half. He played well & IMO gave the best holding midfield performance from any of our players this season.

You disagree which is absolutely fine, as it is for others to hold different views to you on player performances.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 23:06]
Sam Field on 23:06 - Jan 15 with 1274 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 23:05 - Jan 15 by ted_hendrix

15th January and we've already 'banked' 44 points, we're 4th in the table with a not too bad GD.

Nothing but nothing to complain about ANY of our players today in performances or attitude.

No complaints from me Ted...........just a few comments about 'great' performances.
Sam Field on 23:07 - Jan 15 with 1271 viewsMick_S

Sam Field on 23:05 - Jan 15 by ted_hendrix

A very good day, Ted. Positive.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sam Field on 23:08 - Jan 15 with 1263 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 23:06 - Jan 15 by terryb

I know that you have a good knowledge about football, but it is irritating when you feel that you have to repeat your views from previous games.

He was not lost in the first half & didn't go missing from duty in the second half. He played well & IMO gave the best holding midfield performance from any of our players this season.

You disagree which is absolutely fine, as it is for others to hold different views to you on player performances.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 23:06]

No views from previous games Terry, just today v WBA.
Sam Field on 23:20 - Jan 15 with 1204 viewsJamesB1979

Great to have such good competition in midfield. Ball and Field…..and also Dozzell (though slightly different player). Can only be a good thing.
Sam Field on 23:38 - Jan 15 with 1131 viewsBklynRanger

He's done you there Gazza. :) Think that's bang on.
Sam Field on 23:42 - Jan 15 with 1116 viewsMick_S

Sam Field on 23:38 - Jan 15 by BklynRanger

He's done you there Gazza. :) Think that's bang on.

I’m glad he’s one of ours. He will see us alright.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sam Field on 00:34 - Jan 16 with 1000 viewsbakerloo8

Does gazza still think that Chris Willock is rubbish and not food enough for our first team?

Asking for a friend.
Sam Field on 02:33 - Jan 16 with 912 viewsParkRoyalR

Sam Field on 22:37 - Jan 15 by gazza1

He done his bit in midfield, broke a few attacks up, tackled a few times, gave the ball away, got caught out a few times being out of position.

'Great' as you so put it is what Barbet done during the game and also Dunne.....it certainly was not Field, but hey, your expectations are very low obviously.

I suppose you thought the Dykes was 'great' today as well!!!!!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 22:39]

Dykes led the line very well today, yet again wore our shirt with pride - Dunne MOTM form 1st to 90 minute - Barbet had a fantastic last 15 - Field superb as was Willock - I'll leave the bitter lemon to Gazza and others who struggle to see the value in Field and Dykes!
Sam Field on 07:56 - Jan 16 with 766 viewsStreathamRanger

Hard to disagree with this. I like both players. Ball has never let us down but the management obviously believe Field is the better option. He's also got competition from Dozzell and Amos. We're well stocked with CMs. If your form dips there'll be someone waiting to replace you.
Sam Field on 08:14 - Jan 16 with 718 viewsSawCon

Field really getting going now after taking time to get his rhythm post injury. Loved a couple of times where Wallace was struggling to get back from his gut busting over laps, Field slotted in. The sort of good work that's easily missed by fans

He was absolutely excellent against Birmingham and had an underrated performance there as well. Breaking up play, winning headers and his smart passingq which set Willock off that got us away for Adomahs goal
Sam Field on 08:23 - Jan 16 with 683 viewsStreathamRanger

Good point about cover for Wallace. There was 10 minutes in the second half where Wallace looked absolutely knackered after busting a gut to get onto a ball in the channels. I was convinced he was injured but he seemed to get a second (maybe third or fourth) wind after that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024