Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field 17:37 - Jan 15 with 6272 viewsDWQPR

Now that was definitely the Sam Field that we thought we had bought. Absolutely monstered the midfield and in the second half allowed Johanson to get further forward. Great second half performance in the second half by the team and apart from that ball across the goal in the second half I cannot remember West Brom getting close to our goal.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sam Field on 08:28 - Jan 16 with 840 viewsQPROslo

Sam Field on 22:26 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

Field had a great game, not sure why only one seems to think otherwise

Field filled that defensive midfield role better than anyone else this season for me.
Sam Field on 08:30 - Jan 16 with 822 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 23:00 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

You really are a saddo gazza. Best game of the season, best atmosphere at LR this season, and all you want to do is run down players you don't like.

I am not running down our players.......all I have said, which disagrees with you, is that Field was OK, not bad, not good, not poor, OK imho. You thought he was 'great' which he was certainly a long way from being 'great' unless you have very low standards which you surely must have.

He performance was nowhere near Barbet or Dunn so were they 'super deals'!!!!
Sam Field on 08:32 - Jan 16 with 809 viewsdistortR

Sam Field on 02:33 - Jan 16 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes led the line very well today, yet again wore our shirt with pride - Dunne MOTM form 1st to 90 minute - Barbet had a fantastic last 15 - Field superb as was Willock - I'll leave the bitter lemon to Gazza and others who struggle to see the value in Field and Dykes!

Dykes isn't the finished article, but he was a steal for what we paid for him.

As you say, leads the line well, got a very important block in in his own area too. Has a physical presence, it's him and one other which shows how well he's done imho.

Stand-outs for me yesterday Barbet, Dunne, Willock and Field, and I thought Gray had a much improved showing. Talking to Brian, we thought his coming off enabled WBA to push up further and put us on the back foot - and then Charlie showed that instinct.

All good!
Sam Field on 08:39 - Jan 16 with 766 viewsWatfordR

Sam Field on 08:30 - Jan 16 by gazza1

I am not running down our players.......all I have said, which disagrees with you, is that Field was OK, not bad, not good, not poor, OK imho. You thought he was 'great' which he was certainly a long way from being 'great' unless you have very low standards which you surely must have.

He performance was nowhere near Barbet or Dunn so were they 'super deals'!!!!

Not running down our players??

Who said about Dykes

“ sadly his best isnt too good”

“Controlling the ball would be very good and passing to our players would also be nice.”
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 8:42]
Sam Field on 08:40 - Jan 16 with 759 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 02:33 - Jan 16 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes led the line very well today, yet again wore our shirt with pride - Dunne MOTM form 1st to 90 minute - Barbet had a fantastic last 15 - Field superb as was Willock - I'll leave the bitter lemon to Gazza and others who struggle to see the value in Field and Dykes!

No sure what you were watching tbh, you say......'Dykes led the line very well' - really!!! Field superb, not sure what you know about football but I got a real good idea though!!!!
Sam Field on 08:53 - Jan 16 with 709 viewsdmm

Sam Field on 08:40 - Jan 16 by gazza1

No sure what you were watching tbh, you say......'Dykes led the line very well' - really!!! Field superb, not sure what you know about football but I got a real good idea though!!!!

We are all entitled to our opinions, gazza, of course we are. Opinions are what football message boards are all about. But I get the distinct impression you enjoy being as contrary as you like.

In message board parlance, you like being a WUM and that's what annoys people. Your posts are not always like those above and I find I agree with your comments at times. I just wish you'd leave out the wind ups.
Sam Field on 08:55 - Jan 16 with 698 viewsdavman

Amazed by the response to opinions on this thread. I am a fan of Sam Field and felt that it was only a matter of time before he got back on track. He has not been awful by any stretch of MY imaginations since he has come back and was feeling his way back somewhat after a serious injury.

I would put his performance in the "great" category yesterday. He broke up the play nicely, generally used the ball well (although like the team, he's passing was a bit of in the first half) and in my view, always made himself available for the ball. But if others didn't see what I saw, I am sure that they would come to a different opinion.

Yesterday was a great team performance in the second half, but as ever, not everyone could claim to have had a perfect game. For example, generally a very good debut from Marshall, but he let that deflected cross get past him, which could have cost us the game. Albert and Dickie did well, but in the first 20 minutes, played too far apart defensively and the latter's passing was well off early on. Johansen finished superbly, but the first half looked a little swamped and did not use the ball well and could easily have cost us the game with that foul in the penalty box. Dykes put a shift in, but missed a very, very presentable chance at the far post in the second half and ridiculously pushed his marker from behind when 1 on 1 at the back post in the first half. Grey ran around a lot, but his tracking back was non-existent yesterday and his rank laziness in not getting back onside again and again was incredibly frustrating to see.

HOWEVER the team performance was great IMO especially during the second half.

That said, no-one was perfect and I see no problem in making such observations in the interest of balance. Not "doom & gloom" or "negativity", just realism...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sam Field on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 510 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 08:53 - Jan 16 by dmm

We are all entitled to our opinions, gazza, of course we are. Opinions are what football message boards are all about. But I get the distinct impression you enjoy being as contrary as you like.

In message board parlance, you like being a WUM and that's what annoys people. Your posts are not always like those above and I find I agree with your comments at times. I just wish you'd leave out the wind ups.

It is not being contrary DMM, its all about opinions and my opinions about Field is that he is doing OK, he is not the saviour as many like to think....no evidence whatsoever, yet. He did OK yesterday and that is OKish with me but anything more then I do not concur. If posters do not like my opinion then sobeit.

I do not see myself as being a WUM, as you put it, I have my opinions and posters bite and respond, that's up to them.....no wind-ups with regard to Field or Dykes, it is genuinely what I think and I think I am a good judge and extremely fair.

There you have it DMM.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024