Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season-Transition season. 22:56 - Jan 26 with 6167 viewsmagicdaps10

I am just amazed that some fans don't see that this season is a transition season, absolutely Amazes me!

We lose our parachute payments, over half our first team and management team YET some think we are a top 6 team.

I just want to see what everyone thinks in one post in regards if they see this as a transition season or we should be pushing higher in the league.

Me personally as I asked, we are about right where we are considering the few games we have in hand and all mentioned above.

Shhot away all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This season-Transition season. on 16:07 - Jan 27 with 756 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 16:00 - Jan 27 by vetchonian

Didnt take MArtinez long....did JAcket play football?
His results were not bad but people didnt like the syle....Martinez transisiotned our style in less than half a season

I think people forget regards to Jackett, he brought a shape and formation and then he expanded on that... Some of the football at the Liberty under Jackett was tremendous.

This season-Transition season. on 16:26 - Jan 27 with 739 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I find the notion that transition seasons 'don't exist' -akin to the loch ness monster or fairies-laughable to be honest. Of course they exist. Just about every pundit on TV will have used the term at some point.

It doesn't have to be a season, of course. Sometimes managers come in and hit the ground running in weeks. Other times you can have 2 or more transition seasons. I think most people would agree that Klopp's first two seasons (at least) at Liverpool were transition seasons. By Liverpool's historical standards being losing finalists twice and regaining Champions league football after a 3 year absence is pretty average, but everyone could see that side moving in the right direction. Within years they'd win the Champions league and the premier league.

So yes, it can take a new manager a season or more to put together a team capable of achieving their goals. Who knows if Russ will be ultimately successful, but we're too early into the process to tell. Even if we finish mid-table this season that would be far from the aberration that some on here clearly think it is.

If we're still flapping about in mid-table in 2 or 3 years time, making the same mistakes at the back as we are now, then we might look back and concede it hasn't worked out.

But to claim that 'transition season' is just a cover for poor performances (which, by the way, hasn't been the case all season) is a nonsense. At the moment our performances have been hit and miss, players have come in and gone out, there have have been great results and terrible ones.

Just like you would expect from... oh, what do they call it? Oh yeah... a transition season.
This season-Transition season. on 16:29 - Jan 27 with 734 viewsvetchonian

This season-Transition season. on 14:02 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

I think with previous managers the style was not being altered dramatically if at all. Martin is coming in here and changing the style fully and with the other issues pointed out in my previous posts.

Transition is a change over time, in this case a change of drastic style and that is clearly not going to happen as quick as when other managers have come in. It's clear to see so far this season, players are comfortable with the ball, passing is better, control and relaxation when receiving the pass is clear.... Already a million miles better to the passing we were seeing last season!
Its coming but we would be Foolish in my opinion expect to be pushing for play off spot based on that we achieved one last season.

Its all about opinions of course but of course there is transition in football, transition is used in all walks of life so it can't be said its not something that is done in football.

I woulod be happy with some results...I am not screaming for us to be in the play offs.
We have so far played 25 games
In the first 12 we won 3 Drew 5 Lost 4
in the second 13 we have won 5 Drawn 3 lost 5

That does not indicate progress to me...
MY bench mark has been Martins previous history and that can be compared to MArtinez both took over clubs in Div 1 in Martins case he took over at MK Dons in November 2019,whilst MArtinez arrived here in February 2007.
In his first season Martin finished 19th Martinez 7th
In their second seasons both full seasons with preseason and influence on player accquisition Martin finished 13th Martinez gained promotion with us Champions.

Martin despite being at the DOns previously as a player and this was a club which had a "footballing philosphy" hasnt managed to improve their lot .....yet this season they are pushing for promotion.

Yes I have been called out for being "anti Martin" all I have done is question ...is the football really that better?
Does Martin have the pedigree ?
There is a thread around the pundits quote form Tuesday night re Martin becoming "a great manager".....yes there is a manager in there somewhere...compared to other rookie managers like Tosh and MArtinez who Transistioned the club yet achieved and did so early doors I dont see it.

I dont buy transisition as every season is one of transisiton....we had players who could pass the ball....we did so last season what we didnt do was play tippy tappy football around our own penalty area...though actually we did do at times but thise rare occasions are forgotten about.
People thought in the early games of the season it was better because we were passing it sidewaysd and backwards but with no penetration and along the way we were creating no chances BUT we had possesion.

I hope Martin gets it right I am convinced he will move from his "ideal" and whilst tha is great....only a few are adopting that and getting it right. and those that are have the finances to fund the "special" players required to do so

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

This season-Transition season. on 16:45 - Jan 27 with 724 viewsYouBackJastard

This season-Transition season. on 10:56 - Jan 27 by Dr_Parnassus

The majority of the thread maybe. But normal football fans wouldn’t be buying into this notion of transition seasons, as someone who has been around football fans all my life I assure you of that.

If there was such thing as transition seasons, and not just the popular one time use of the phrase which seems to be conveniently coined in the season people are desperately trying to excuse… then we would be hearing it every single year.

It’s very telling nobody answered any of the questions I put towards the notion.

They are unanswerable without the notion crumbling in seconds.

Doesn’t exist.

“The majority of the thread maybe. But normal football fans wouldn’t be buying into this notion of transition seasons, as someone who has been around football fans all my life I assure you of that.”

How can you claim to understand what our fans think when you don’t even go to games?!
This season-Transition season. on 16:48 - Jan 27 with 721 viewsCatullus

This season-Transition season. on 15:50 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

Interesting to see that the majority see the season as a transitional one but there does appear to be a few who disagree and even think there is no such thing as a transitional season. It's all very interesting how people see things and the mind works.

I come to the conclusion that posters on here seem to be a bit harder on the transition route as people I speak to on a daily basis or ones who go to watch the Swans regular.

Football will certainly divide opinion Wether people understand it or not.

I actually agree that it's a transition season but some seasons are more obviously so. That's because a football team is never a finished article, it can't be because as soon as you get to where you want to be something changes, a player gets injured or suspended, a player leaves (for whatever reason) and needs replacing or players simply lose form requiring a rethink.
A football team is in constant evolution, as we all are every day of our lives. Some seasons though, they see greater changes or have a greater need for change. To me this is such a season.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This season-Transition season. on 16:50 - Jan 27 with 716 viewsYouBackJastard

This season-Transition season. on 16:48 - Jan 27 by Catullus

I actually agree that it's a transition season but some seasons are more obviously so. That's because a football team is never a finished article, it can't be because as soon as you get to where you want to be something changes, a player gets injured or suspended, a player leaves (for whatever reason) and needs replacing or players simply lose form requiring a rethink.
A football team is in constant evolution, as we all are every day of our lives. Some seasons though, they see greater changes or have a greater need for change. To me this is such a season.

Very sensible take
This season-Transition season. on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 709 viewsjasper_T

Well if pundits talk about it then we should definitely forget this season and tune in next to see if we're any good.

Transition exists, but every club is always developing. Football isn't static, we're not the only club attempting to grow or change. And it's very difficult to build over time in this division. Players and managers move on if the club they're at isn't keeping pace with their development/reputation. The idea that you take a full season of pain and disappointment so that you'll be strong next term is rather naive.

It's certainly comforting to believe that in 6/12/24 months we'll be a stronger side with better players joining our current mainstays, all perfectly-suited to the Russell Martin gameplan, but realistically we'll need to get a lot right to make more steps forward and back. Brentford managed it with a lot of debt and a terrific recruitment record. Sheff Utd built from League One through successive seasons of overperformance. Bielsa transformed Leeds very quickly without needing to buy a new squad.
This season-Transition season. on 17:03 - Jan 27 with 703 viewsonehunglow

This season-Transition season. on 17:00 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

Well if pundits talk about it then we should definitely forget this season and tune in next to see if we're any good.

Transition exists, but every club is always developing. Football isn't static, we're not the only club attempting to grow or change. And it's very difficult to build over time in this division. Players and managers move on if the club they're at isn't keeping pace with their development/reputation. The idea that you take a full season of pain and disappointment so that you'll be strong next term is rather naive.

It's certainly comforting to believe that in 6/12/24 months we'll be a stronger side with better players joining our current mainstays, all perfectly-suited to the Russell Martin gameplan, but realistically we'll need to get a lot right to make more steps forward and back. Brentford managed it with a lot of debt and a terrific recruitment record. Sheff Utd built from League One through successive seasons of overperformance. Bielsa transformed Leeds very quickly without needing to buy a new squad.

Most of our players seem to be loans which will leave. Then we start again. How is that planning for the future .
Martin is after the next higher paid gig and we are his stepping stone .
This guy will be out the door quickest Han another two faced long term project man Graham Potter ,but he loved the city,Gower,club,fans,Rossis and gave to Big Issue sellers on Kingsway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

This season-Transition season. on 17:08 - Jan 27 with 700 viewsYouBackJastard

This season-Transition season. on 17:03 - Jan 27 by onehunglow

Most of our players seem to be loans which will leave. Then we start again. How is that planning for the future .
Martin is after the next higher paid gig and we are his stepping stone .
This guy will be out the door quickest Han another two faced long term project man Graham Potter ,but he loved the city,Gower,club,fans,Rossis and gave to Big Issue sellers on Kingsway

We currently have a grand total of two players on loan compared to around six in last two seasons. Can’t remember how many loans we had under Potter but it wasn’t a lot, CCV and one other maybe? Christie looks to have great potential to be staying while Wolf is 100% gone in the summer so it’s one position we really need to look to bring in in the summer.

The next paragraph is something you’ve made up in your head as a reason to dislike the manager so there’s no point addressing it.
This season-Transition season. on 17:09 - Jan 27 with 699 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 16:48 - Jan 27 by Catullus

Superb post and I enjoyed reading it.

This season-Transition season. on 18:41 - Jan 27 with 662 viewsKeithHaynes

This season-Transition season. on 17:09 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

Superb post and I enjoyed reading it.

When did we last have a transition season ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This season-Transition season. on 19:16 - Jan 27 with 638 viewsCatullus

This season-Transition season. on 18:41 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

When did we not? At the very least the last few years have been transitioning from the EPL, getting ready for parachutes to stop, stabilising the ship.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

This season-Transition season. on 19:18 - Jan 27 with 634 viewsKeithHaynes

This season-Transition season. on 19:16 - Jan 27 by Catullus

When did we not? At the very least the last few years have been transitioning from the EPL, getting ready for parachutes to stop, stabilising the ship.

They would have been had potter stopped with us.

This is a real rebuild, I can’t remember another time this has happened, maybe Burrows

This season-Transition season. on 19:22 - Jan 27 with 626 viewsCatullus

This season-Transition season. on 19:18 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

They would have been had potter stopped with us.

This is a real rebuild, I can’t remember another time this has happened, maybe Burrows

Tosh rebuilt us on the way up and we had anther rebuild after Tony Petty. As I already said, it's a constant in football, in sport, in life, it always changes.

Even in death we are in transition!

This season-Transition season. on 19:50 - Jan 27 with 601 viewsvetchonian

This season-Transition season. on 16:07 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

I think people forget regards to Jackett, he brought a shape and formation and then he expanded on that... Some of the football at the Liberty under Jackett was tremendous.

shape and formation now where have I heard that before
maybe people forget Jacket was getting results.but our DoF wnated a different style...peoples memories and selective narratives

This season-Transition season. on 19:57 - Jan 27 with 594 viewsGwyn737

I think the phrase ‘transition season’ has become a proxy for when expectations are (often understandably) low.

It was hardly a settled start for us which left a large amount of unknowns.

I found myself thinking ‘ah well, mid table will do and we’ll see what comes’.

I’m sure I’m not the only one that thought this way. You can still be optimistic and hopeful that things will fall into place.

If by magic we were in the top 3, nobody would be calling it a transitional season.
This season-Transition season. on 20:02 - Jan 27 with 590 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 18:41 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

The season Potter took over.

This season-Transition season. on 20:05 - Jan 27 with 589 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 19:50 - Jan 27 by vetchonian

shape and formation now where have I heard that before
maybe people forget Jacket was getting results.but our DoF wnated a different style...peoples memories and selective narratives

Jackett lost his job because after missing out in the previous play off final, the club had an expectancy to push on and gain promotion....we didn't compete so Jackett lost his job.

The different style was implemented by Roberto and no one else within the club.

This season-Transition season. on 20:18 - Jan 27 with 577 viewsvetchonian

This season-Transition season. on 20:05 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

Jackett lost his job because after missing out in the previous play off final, the club had an expectancy to push on and gain promotion....we didn't compete so Jackett lost his job.

maybe Martin is lucky Huw is no longer here similarities berween then and now....lose playoff final and following season struggle to get results.
This season we have spent more on personnel recruitment for a while....I'm sure the club really see it as a transition season....maybe if we could have got a Piroe last January we could be in the pl now...but we will never know.....meanwhile we seem happy to be losing more than winning

This season-Transition season. on 20:22 - Jan 27 with 570 viewsKeithHaynes

This season-Transition season. on 20:02 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

The season Potter took over.

Had he stayed it would have been more believable, but as soon as he left we were back to square one for me.

This season-Transition season. on 20:24 - Jan 27 with 565 viewsraynor94

This season-Transition season. on 20:18 - Jan 27 by vetchonian

maybe Martin is lucky Huw is no longer here similarities berween then and now....lose playoff final and following season struggle to get results.
This season we have spent more on personnel recruitment for a while....I'm sure the club really see it as a transition season....maybe if we could have got a Piroe last January we could be in the pl now...but we will never know.....meanwhile we seem happy to be losing more than winning

I can't wait for your egg plastered face to have a good wipe.

Bookmark it!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

This season-Transition season. on 20:28 - Jan 27 with 561 viewsWhiterockin

This season-Transition season. on 20:05 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

There was a lot going on behind the scenes with Jackett not only player power.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

This season-Transition season. on 20:32 - Jan 27 with 544 viewsKeithHaynes

This season-Transition season. on 20:28 - Jan 27 by Whiterockin

There was a lot going on behind the scenes with Jackett not only player power.

Monk for me hasn’t done us ( only him ) any favours inc Laudrup.

This season-Transition season. on 20:40 - Jan 27 with 528 viewsWhiterockin

This season-Transition season. on 20:32 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

Monk for me hasn’t done us ( only him ) any favours inc Laudrup.

True
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 20:46]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

This season-Transition season. on 20:45 - Jan 27 with 518 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 20:18 - Jan 27 by vetchonian

If Martin was the manager who lost in the play off final and we still had our star striker here this season then Martin would be in trouble.

Jackett was the manager who lost that play off final, he still had Trundle for the following season.

The 2 are non comparable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024