Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much is the club worth/valued at now? 20:35 - Feb 2 with 11663 viewsbuilthjack

£30 million?
More?
Less?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 650 viewsDewi1jack

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:16 - Feb 2 by guthrieintherain

What's the chances of Martin Morgan buying it back I wonder.

Haven't yet read the rest of this post but here's my tuppence worth

I think Shagger was the driving force behind the sale. How he gets very little kudos for planning the sale shenanigans is beyond me.
Beaky is unfortunate in that he was the "figurehead" "frontman" "Patsy" or whatever at the time of the sale.
Van Clog proved he had no real love for the club or it's supporters, as did all the other minor shareholders who flogged their shares WITHOUT SAYING A WORD!!!

Dimwit should be getting the majority of the grief, as he was a leader of the Trust. The same supporters group that was kept out of the negotiations by a former leader!
Only he sh@ on all the supporters who tried to help the club in its darkest of days. And boy, have we had a few!!!
All those who spent many an (UNPAID) hour of time fundraising, the people who started the Trust (God knows how much time they all spent trying and finally succeeding)

Sooner the Trust puts these b'stards in Court, hopefully gets the share value that these sold up for and puts the cash in the bank the better.
My reasoning?

An investment group would be more than happy to take a cash rich partner on board. 3 investors all lobbing in £21 million could possibly be close to getting the club, depending on what our yeehaa cousins have so far taken out of the club in bonuses/ divi's etc.
Maybe they'd keep 10% of the club as a cheap possible investment. Lowish risk, they'd have most of their cash back

I never thought my kids would see us in the top division in their lifetime- wasn't ever sure Tosh could get us there until that glorious day at Preston. Hey ho Wembley!!
Individuals thinking can take on many forms.
Some of now hope our grandkids can see us again in the prem.

So for me?
None of these b'stards who sold out should be near the club.
They've made their coin, so now they should just leave. Not going away mad- just go away.
Thanks for the help in the PAST. Bye bye
I trust our yeehaa cousins more.
Especially as they seem to be trying their hardest to keep the club sustainably intact for the future Swans supporters. Some of whom aren't even born yet!

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:02 - Feb 9 with 634 viewsKeithHaynes

Just a nod in the general direction of who we are linked in with for the websites charity, and use of language.

Appreciated 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:21 - Feb 9 with 604 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:26 - Feb 8 by Chief

Unfortunately I don't think such investments are permitted to be bought by supporters trust's. The trust have had access to my legal professionals, if they could have invested in it, they would have.
I believe the only things unrelated to the club supporters trust's can invest in are property &a company that owns shares in the club. Neither have been viable options. There's also a problem with getting access to the cash, the trust has needed instant access.

Obviously this changes in the event of a trust court victory and a potential £21mill windfall, where a large chunk could be tied up for longer and property could be a realistic option too.

This has been explained to Resloven many times.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 22:26]

I got 1.1% in my business HSBC account. 7 times what the trust got. They need professional business help there is not doubt about it. Over 10 years that is a loss of £83,600. The Chief is not expert. The Trust need expert advice.

The club does not need instant access if there is no legal case. At least half of the Trust's "win" money will come (in my opinion) from the Convertible loan note (effectively the club) For the majority of fans that care not a jot about the Trust the money is better off being spent by the club instead of devaluing in a bank vault.

Wise sage since Toshack era

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:25 - Feb 9 with 603 viewsmax936

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:50 - Feb 9 by Dewi1jack

Haven't yet read the rest of this post but here's my tuppence worth

I think Shagger was the driving force behind the sale. How he gets very little kudos for planning the sale shenanigans is beyond me.
Beaky is unfortunate in that he was the "figurehead" "frontman" "Patsy" or whatever at the time of the sale.
Van Clog proved he had no real love for the club or it's supporters, as did all the other minor shareholders who flogged their shares WITHOUT SAYING A WORD!!!

Dimwit should be getting the majority of the grief, as he was a leader of the Trust. The same supporters group that was kept out of the negotiations by a former leader!
Only he sh@ on all the supporters who tried to help the club in its darkest of days. And boy, have we had a few!!!
All those who spent many an (UNPAID) hour of time fundraising, the people who started the Trust (God knows how much time they all spent trying and finally succeeding)

Sooner the Trust puts these b'stards in Court, hopefully gets the share value that these sold up for and puts the cash in the bank the better.
My reasoning?

An investment group would be more than happy to take a cash rich partner on board. 3 investors all lobbing in £21 million could possibly be close to getting the club, depending on what our yeehaa cousins have so far taken out of the club in bonuses/ divi's etc.
Maybe they'd keep 10% of the club as a cheap possible investment. Lowish risk, they'd have most of their cash back

I never thought my kids would see us in the top division in their lifetime- wasn't ever sure Tosh could get us there until that glorious day at Preston. Hey ho Wembley!!
Individuals thinking can take on many forms.
Some of now hope our grandkids can see us again in the prem.

So for me?
None of these b'stards who sold out should be near the club.
They've made their coin, so now they should just leave. Not going away mad- just go away.
Thanks for the help in the PAST. Bye bye
I trust our yeehaa cousins more.
Especially as they seem to be trying their hardest to keep the club sustainably intact for the future Swans supporters. Some of whom aren't even born yet!

This post has been edited by an administrator

I agree with most of that, I hold the horses at trusting the Yankee Doodles though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:03 - Feb 9 with 589 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:21 - Feb 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I got 1.1% in my business HSBC account. 7 times what the trust got. They need professional business help there is not doubt about it. Over 10 years that is a loss of £83,600. The Chief is not expert. The Trust need expert advice.

The club does not need instant access if there is no legal case. At least half of the Trust's "win" money will come (in my opinion) from the Convertible loan note (effectively the club) For the majority of fans that care not a jot about the Trust the money is better off being spent by the club instead of devaluing in a bank vault.

Again you're ignorance of what has been explained to you on this very thread is astounding.

You won't answer the question because you know it'll make you look silly (even more so than you already do), so I'll answer it for you: There's absolutely no chance that the trust will treat a fair bulk of their potential £21mill the same as they have been with 800k that they have needed instant access to. No need for your pretend twpness on this. It's plain as day.

I hope they do get financial advice in the event of a win. The options increase if they gain that sort of money. Wonder if they'll pick an English firm to advise on it though!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:48 - Feb 9 with 555 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:03 - Feb 9 by Chief

Again you're ignorance of what has been explained to you on this very thread is astounding.

You won't answer the question because you know it'll make you look silly (even more so than you already do), so I'll answer it for you: There's absolutely no chance that the trust will treat a fair bulk of their potential £21mill the same as they have been with 800k that they have needed instant access to. No need for your pretend twpness on this. It's plain as day.

I hope they do get financial advice in the event of a win. The options increase if they gain that sort of money. Wonder if they'll pick an English firm to advise on it though!?

Their track record on investment is very poor except when HJ was running their 21% holding for them. He turned their £200,000 into £20,000,000. The east stand radicals are not too hot on figures. That is a lot of burgers for sure. 10,000%.

For the Trust to get the same return in the Santander at the rates indicated by the account it would take the 67,000 years! You do not get facts like this of anyone else. 67,000 years ago human were eating bugs in a cave and not exactly like us.

Show me any evidence that the Trust are concerned about inflation. They are not concerned about it. They have not been concerned about it for 20 years and have wasted up to £80,000 over the last 10 years since they got their dividends authorised by Mr HJ. Luckily for them inflation has been low. It is not low any more.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:53 - Feb 9 with 552 viewsDr_Parnassus

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:48 - Feb 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Their track record on investment is very poor except when HJ was running their 21% holding for them. He turned their £200,000 into £20,000,000. The east stand radicals are not too hot on figures. That is a lot of burgers for sure. 10,000%.

For the Trust to get the same return in the Santander at the rates indicated by the account it would take the 67,000 years! You do not get facts like this of anyone else. 67,000 years ago human were eating bugs in a cave and not exactly like us.

Show me any evidence that the Trust are concerned about inflation. They are not concerned about it. They have not been concerned about it for 20 years and have wasted up to £80,000 over the last 10 years since they got their dividends authorised by Mr HJ. Luckily for them inflation has been low. It is not low any more.

I’m struggling to see what point you are making other than the Trust aren’t great with investing their money to beat inflation.

Is this your new reason why they shouldn’t get paid for their shares?

Baffling.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:55 - Feb 9 with 552 viewsChief

And they're on the verge of selling their shares for a lot more than what they are worth currently. They aren't an investment company. They're options have been limited.

Its difficult to understand why you think this is such a big issue or indeed why you think you're onto a winner on this. You know the circumstances. You've been informed of them.

You've also been told that there's no chance their potential £21mill will be treated the same to the 800k ish they've had.

But you ignore it and you're too much of a coward to answer the question on it because you know it'll show you up even more.

The ReSlOvEn CyClE in full force.

Login to get fewer ads

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 01:33 - Feb 10 with 518 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:55 - Feb 9 by Chief

And they're on the verge of selling their shares for a lot more than what they are worth currently. They aren't an investment company. They're options have been limited.

Its difficult to understand why you think this is such a big issue or indeed why you think you're onto a winner on this. You know the circumstances. You've been informed of them.

You've also been told that there's no chance their potential £21mill will be treated the same to the 800k ish they've had.

But you ignore it and you're too much of a coward to answer the question on it because you know it'll show you up even more.

The ReSlOvEn CyClE in full force.

Past precedent is always a good indicator of future behaviour. No indication at all of a new outlook. A new outlook in the Trust is welcome after the very poor performance of the last 7 years.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 06:54 - Feb 10 with 507 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 01:33 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Past precedent is always a good indicator of future behaviour. No indication at all of a new outlook. A new outlook in the Trust is welcome after the very poor performance of the last 7 years.

There is no precedent involving the trust having a sum of cash of that size.

It's a totally different situation.

Selling your shares for more than their currently worth even your own admission can't be a 'very poor performance'. Remember the old adage: "any mark up of that magnitude can never be considered a bad deal".

Funny how your comments regularly come back to bite you on the buttocks.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 7:44]

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 13:59 - Feb 10 with 467 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:53 - Feb 9 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m struggling to see what point you are making other than the Trust aren’t great with investing their money to beat inflation.

Is this your new reason why they shouldn’t get paid for their shares?

Baffling.

Let me explain it to you again.

The fact that the Trust are desperately poor at investment is crucial to the argument of going to court. I put forward a scenario whereby if the Trust go to court the US people's worst case scenario is that they would have to buy the Trust's shares for £21m. The US people and sellers have £13m immediately accessible in the Swansea city coffers. This money can be withdrawn and converted into debt for someone like Mr Dell to pick up at 9% pa. That cover 62% of the "worse case" bill.

The Trust will argue that the £13m recovered from the Convertible loan note is far better off in their account than being spent by Winter. For a non Trust member like yourself.

Is the £13m better off

a) relaying the pitch painting the stadium steelworks buying players for the team and academy etc

or

b) Earning 0.15% in the Santander in the Trust account. 4.85% less than inflation.

The Trust need present a case to non Trust member like you and me they can earn more than inflation with this £13m money and invest it better than Winter can.

There are no proposal or track record to show this. All the shareholders should be working for the betterment of Swansea city as a whole.

If they want to sell their shares they do not need anyone's permission. The first part of selling is deciding if you want to sell. This has two options. Yes or No. They can sell to anyone they like for a price of their choosing if they can find a buyer to agree.

The current narrative is no one wants their shares because it is a minority holding. This is fake. Most share held are minority stakes. Another myth is that the shares are 'worthless'. That is for the fairies too.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:35 - Feb 10 with 463 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 06:54 - Feb 10 by Chief

There is no precedent involving the trust having a sum of cash of that size.

It's a totally different situation.

Selling your shares for more than their currently worth even your own admission can't be a 'very poor performance'. Remember the old adage: "any mark up of that magnitude can never be considered a bad deal".

Funny how your comments regularly come back to bite you on the buttocks.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 7:44]

The Trust can make a good deal right now. Invested £200k current valuation £8000k a 4000% return on their investment. FOUR THOUSAND PERCENT INCREASE all thanks to Huw Jenkins and co. Those lovely people in Santander were giving them 0.15% (26,000 times less) according to accounts. ​

Put in on the market in the NY Times and South China Sea Times I suggest..

Forcing business partners to buy their shares at prices they do not want to pay by force of law is not a good way to encourage other local businesses to form partnerships with them in the future I suggest. Common sense really.

Wrexham Trust did not seem t have business partners and just sort of gave up and handed the club over for free not even retaining 1%. Look at the word outside Chief. Perhaps the Showbiz people talked to Mindy for advice. I bet they know her from one of those award ceremonies.

Another day another set of new insights for "up the valley". I would love to meet Mindy.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:49 - Feb 10 with 460 viewsDr_Parnassus

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 13:59 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Let me explain it to you again.

The fact that the Trust are desperately poor at investment is crucial to the argument of going to court. I put forward a scenario whereby if the Trust go to court the US people's worst case scenario is that they would have to buy the Trust's shares for £21m. The US people and sellers have £13m immediately accessible in the Swansea city coffers. This money can be withdrawn and converted into debt for someone like Mr Dell to pick up at 9% pa. That cover 62% of the "worse case" bill.

The Trust will argue that the £13m recovered from the Convertible loan note is far better off in their account than being spent by Winter. For a non Trust member like yourself.

Is the £13m better off

a) relaying the pitch painting the stadium steelworks buying players for the team and academy etc

or

b) Earning 0.15% in the Santander in the Trust account. 4.85% less than inflation.

The Trust need present a case to non Trust member like you and me they can earn more than inflation with this £13m money and invest it better than Winter can.

There are no proposal or track record to show this. All the shareholders should be working for the betterment of Swansea city as a whole.

If they want to sell their shares they do not need anyone's permission. The first part of selling is deciding if you want to sell. This has two options. Yes or No. They can sell to anyone they like for a price of their choosing if they can find a buyer to agree.

The current narrative is no one wants their shares because it is a minority holding. This is fake. Most share held are minority stakes. Another myth is that the shares are 'worthless'. That is for the fairies too.

You are explaining it again, but making the same mistakes.

They aren’t taking “the US people” to court, they are taking specific “US people” to court. The £13m would not belong to the same “US people” who would owe the money.

The only person that could take it back would be Silverstein, but if he was to do that he most certainly wouldn’t do it to pay some personal bills for a couple of people he used to work with.

The Trust is not a person either, it’s a revolving door of people. So “the Trust” can’t be bad at anything, only the people running the Trust. With £21m they can afford a professional to represent them at board level and also pay for financial advice.

The £13m being taken out of the club by people who didn’t put it in, is a non-starter.

The notion that they shouldn’t take them to court because they haven’t invested their 800k well is also a non-starter.

Maybe think of another angle?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 454 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:35 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust can make a good deal right now. Invested £200k current valuation £8000k a 4000% return on their investment. FOUR THOUSAND PERCENT INCREASE all thanks to Huw Jenkins and co. Those lovely people in Santander were giving them 0.15% (26,000 times less) according to accounts. ​

Put in on the market in the NY Times and South China Sea Times I suggest..

Forcing business partners to buy their shares at prices they do not want to pay by force of law is not a good way to encourage other local businesses to form partnerships with them in the future I suggest. Common sense really.

Wrexham Trust did not seem t have business partners and just sort of gave up and handed the club over for free not even retaining 1%. Look at the word outside Chief. Perhaps the Showbiz people talked to Mindy for advice. I bet they know her from one of those award ceremonies.

Another day another set of new insights for "up the valley". I would love to meet Mindy.

A rehash of a lot of ballux that's already been disproved.

Mindy can't even be bothered to put the club's name on social media, can't see her making any trips to Neath Valley anytime soon. Sorry to disappoint you.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:19 - Feb 10 with 447 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:49 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

You are explaining it again, but making the same mistakes.

They aren’t taking “the US people” to court, they are taking specific “US people” to court. The £13m would not belong to the same “US people” who would owe the money.

The only person that could take it back would be Silverstein, but if he was to do that he most certainly wouldn’t do it to pay some personal bills for a couple of people he used to work with.

The Trust is not a person either, it’s a revolving door of people. So “the Trust” can’t be bad at anything, only the people running the Trust. With £21m they can afford a professional to represent them at board level and also pay for financial advice.

The £13m being taken out of the club by people who didn’t put it in, is a non-starter.

The notion that they shouldn’t take them to court because they haven’t invested their 800k well is also a non-starter.

Maybe think of another angle?

You are naive to think Silverstein is not aligned with the Levien group. Silverstein cannot buy newly issued shares if Levien and co do not issue them. They are professional and Silverstein knows the landscape.

Silverstein wants Swansea shares and they may be coming up for sale. He will actually get a bigger percentage of the club if he buys the Trust's shares rather than newly issued ones.

Silverstein will buy £5m of the Trusts shares at current market value leaving the others to find the remaining £16m if worst came to worst. £8m of that come from what is left of the CLN. (in my opinion)

I have a feeling that the influence of past Trust dignitaries persists. It depends on the new board and the strength of their convictions. I recommend they no not take the advice of their predecessors that you called "inept". I recommend they take advice off Silverstein who comes with good references.

The purpose otf the Trust is to act in the best interests of the club the member and the fans. In my opinion they need to a make a case that money withdrawn from people investing in the club is better off for the club in their own current account. This is blatantly not true.

The model of keeping the money until the club goes into administration 20 years or down the line only works if they are active investors and inflation is low. Neither is true. This is not on the agenda and they have no track record. They are better off leaving the money in the club until they take and publish professional business advice .

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:45 - Feb 10 with 443 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:19 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

You are naive to think Silverstein is not aligned with the Levien group. Silverstein cannot buy newly issued shares if Levien and co do not issue them. They are professional and Silverstein knows the landscape.

Silverstein wants Swansea shares and they may be coming up for sale. He will actually get a bigger percentage of the club if he buys the Trust's shares rather than newly issued ones.

Silverstein will buy £5m of the Trusts shares at current market value leaving the others to find the remaining £16m if worst came to worst. £8m of that come from what is left of the CLN. (in my opinion)

I have a feeling that the influence of past Trust dignitaries persists. It depends on the new board and the strength of their convictions. I recommend they no not take the advice of their predecessors that you called "inept". I recommend they take advice off Silverstein who comes with good references.

The purpose otf the Trust is to act in the best interests of the club the member and the fans. In my opinion they need to a make a case that money withdrawn from people investing in the club is better off for the club in their own current account. This is blatantly not true.

The model of keeping the money until the club goes into administration 20 years or down the line only works if they are active investors and inflation is low. Neither is true. This is not on the agenda and they have no track record. They are better off leaving the money in the club until they take and publish professional business advice .

It won't be the trust's decision whether or not to remove any money from this CLN. That is purely the Americans decision and if doing so affects the club adversely that would a very poor business decision that'll devalue their asset.

Again, the rest of the post is a rehash of ballux disproved before.

But while Silverstein is obviously connected to K&L, it's pretty obvious he's his own entity, evidenced by the fact that he hasn't come on board as one of K&Ls consortium of 28 or so faceless Delaware lurkers, he wants to go down his own route.

What there's also to consider is that Silverstein came over this window (debatable what his actual input was) and the talk is he came over to be involved and therefore must know the finances, and he must know that they aren't very healthy. So if he is going to buy shares (he could just walk away with his loan at any point unrelated to any of this), surely he's going to want the money going to the club. It's squarely in his interest to do that.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 16:44 - Feb 10 with 431 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Not sure where you get your 20 years from. As far ad I know Swansea City only paid out dividends on 2013. That makes 8 years not 20.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 17:00 - Feb 10 with 424 viewsTreforys_Jack

"Mr HJ" quite frankly your adulation of the man is getting a little scary, should he be worried?
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 17:15 - Feb 10 with 419 viewsvetchonian

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:16 - Feb 9 by ReslovenSwan1

What do the Trust want.? Can I guess?.

25% holding fixed and protected from dilution. Exeter city here we come. This option would probably be backed 100% backed by Jeremy Corbyn MP for some dismal place in London.

Once achieved they can go back to sleep and get two seats in the VIP lounge. Stuart James would call Swansea 'progressive' in the build up for the 'Trust derby' v Exeter city. The popular Englishman from 'the Athletic' will explain his love for Swansea city goes well beyond simple football.

A comfy home for lazy Welshmen with low expectations. They might even get to meet Jurgen Klopp with a good FA cup draw. The 'Jenkinista' team went to Anfield and won twice. Jurgen would not remember that one. It was the last time Tom Carroll had a good game if you remember. Alan Shearer on MOTD he would be an excellent signing. That is why he is paid the big bucks.

The Trust spelt it out in 2015 when they said they would never sell and would not accept dilution. He let the cat out of the bag. (followed by a predictable denial). No one would want to go anywhere near Swansea with that set up. Stagnation with a capital S. That is what the Trust stand for judging by their investments outside football.

Have I got it wrong Chief? What do the trust want? Spell it out. Protection what does it mean?

Wasnt Mike Lewis involved at Exeter City?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 18:12 - Feb 10 with 393 viewsTreforys_Jack

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 17:15 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Wasnt Mike Lewis involved at Exeter City?

Yep.
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 18:42 - Feb 10 with 383 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 17:00 - Feb 10 by Treforys_Jack

"Mr HJ" quite frankly your adulation of the man is getting a little scary, should he be worried?

The way I see it it is clear to me that the Trust have not treated the Trust's assets as it it were their own. If it was a normal holding with members owning the Trust the chance of it not being sold in 2016 was absolutely zero. "Her indoors" would make sure of that.

The Trust were saying thing like "we would be willing to consider an offer for our shares". If the Trust was owned by members it would be "we want to sell, please urgently arrange talks at the earliest convenient time".

If the sale failed the leader would be in big trouble with the members. Each member would be due assuming a membership of 1000 £20,000 each. Its not the members own money so the members did not demand a sale while the club was in the Premier league. It is as simple as that.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:01 - Feb 10 with 378 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 18:42 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

The way I see it it is clear to me that the Trust have not treated the Trust's assets as it it were their own. If it was a normal holding with members owning the Trust the chance of it not being sold in 2016 was absolutely zero. "Her indoors" would make sure of that.

The Trust were saying thing like "we would be willing to consider an offer for our shares". If the Trust was owned by members it would be "we want to sell, please urgently arrange talks at the earliest convenient time".

If the sale failed the leader would be in big trouble with the members. Each member would be due assuming a membership of 1000 £20,000 each. Its not the members own money so the members did not demand a sale while the club was in the Premier league. It is as simple as that.

Unfortunately the way you see things cannot be relied upon regarding the trust. Too warped&biased to take seriously.

This post is pretty bizarre though. Are you saying that the board members that are elected by the membership do not reflect the views of the membership!?

Struggling to see what you're getting at on this one. In what way haven't they treated their asset as their own!? But it is a normal holding with members owning it!? Her indoors would have been excluded by the Yanks / sellouts too!? Why should the trust have accepted a lesser bid than the sellouts!?

The trust is owned by members!? Why should the trust show their hand so blatently begging for an inferior offer by saying something like that!? This is business, not meek desperate subservience.

No it's not as simple as that at all. Anyone with a backbone would have held out for the same offer the sellouts got. The Americans never offered that.

So now you're criticising the trust for not selling at an inferior rate!? Imagine the crowing you'd have made then, no doubt you'd label them as bad business then too.

What a strange post!

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:05 - Feb 10 with 375 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 16:44 - Feb 10 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure where you get your 20 years from. As far ad I know Swansea City only paid out dividends on 2013. That makes 8 years not 20.

You are one of the few that understand where I am coming from. The 20 years relate to the lifespan of the Trust They had some money before 2013 but not that much admittedly.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:06 - Feb 10 with 375 viewsChief

And I have no idea what any of that nonsense has to do with the post you replied about 'Mr Jenkins'

It's not very far from Resolven to Alltwen is it? Hmm

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:40 - Feb 10 with 360 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:01 - Feb 10 by Chief

Unfortunately the way you see things cannot be relied upon regarding the trust. Too warped&biased to take seriously.

This post is pretty bizarre though. Are you saying that the board members that are elected by the membership do not reflect the views of the membership!?

Struggling to see what you're getting at on this one. In what way haven't they treated their asset as their own!? But it is a normal holding with members owning it!? Her indoors would have been excluded by the Yanks / sellouts too!? Why should the trust have accepted a lesser bid than the sellouts!?

The trust is owned by members!? Why should the trust show their hand so blatently begging for an inferior offer by saying something like that!? This is business, not meek desperate subservience.

No it's not as simple as that at all. Anyone with a backbone would have held out for the same offer the sellouts got. The Americans never offered that.

So now you're criticising the trust for not selling at an inferior rate!? Imagine the crowing you'd have made then, no doubt you'd label them as bad business then too.

What a strange post!

I make the suggestion that if the members owned the Trust like a unit trust the shares would without doubt have been part sold if not completely sold in the Premier league at Premier league prices. Financial benefit has long been a driving force for making deals happen. The members would have demanded a sale.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024