Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much is the club worth/valued at now? 20:35 - Feb 2 with 11656 viewsbuilthjack

£30 million?
More?
Less?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 18:26 - Feb 4 with 791 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 17:30 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

No can do bully boy. I believe in free speech and will execute my rights. Labelling me as somebody's friend or associate is dirty tactics. You have to do this of course to reply my arguments.

The Trust want to maintain a holding - so why are they going to court.?

The Trust are not focused on money - so how can they buy the club off an administrator?

The Trust want a next egg so why no investments and getting 0.15% in interest when 1% was on offer? 4.85% annual devaluation at present.

Worried about dilution to nothing? - technically impossible

They need 'Protection against dilution', Get 51%+ shares and keep out anyone else. The Arsenal Kronke method. No investment no dilution. Stan knows this.

The Trust need more influence in the board room. Get networking and use charm and skill. It gets you places.

Anti investment? go to league 2 no need for investment or risk there. Have a whip round if short. Community at work. Stuart James ex Guardian would love it. Exeter city the model.

Do not like what I say? - tell people I am insider with a vested interest. That should so it. The Chief will spin something and he is a real terrier.

- you come across so bitter and biased though there really is no other conclusion to come to. It's no tactic, it's an observation.

- and the acting twp act won't wash either. You know why they are going to court. Their current shareholding under the current owners isn't going to get larger, nor is the trust's influence. So the trust has decided to monetise the shareholding instead. Not particularly complicated.

- just like anyone else would. By communicating with them and employing professionals (maybe even London based ones) to act their behalf. Not particularly complicated.

- are you implying that the trust will treat the potential proceeds in the same manner as they've had to treat their current 800k holding then? Not sure why you are even interested in how they've spent their money anyway. You don't wish they'd even exist and the trust are comfortable with the constraints. So I wouldn't stress yourself.

- well it's not technically impossible but any dilution for the trust isn't good. Their value has already reduced since the sale. Wouldn't want the double whammy of percentage shsre reducing too.

- not sure what relevance Arsenal has. Or how having 51% keeps everyone else out. There's another 49%. And the trust's never mentioned anything about getting to ,51% . So you're criticising them for a scenario you've cooked up in your own head.

- the trust have tried to engage repeatedly. They still are. Silverstein gave the comment that "it was above his paygrade". The Americans said nice things in that zoom chat about renegotiating. It never happened. The trust have tried and tried, done their bit.

- the trust have publically stated in the past that they are aware that investment maybe required. So again, you're criticising them for something you've cooked up in your head. And yes if the Americans or other mess it, we'll be grateful of an Exeter based model.

- as above isn't a pertinent observation that's gained prominence amongst many posters. No one can seriously be as biased as you. It's your own fault. All those silly slurs amd unwarranted criticisms have come back to bite you. I don't need to spin anything, it's a fact that for years you've vehemently criticised the trust for things that are out of their control and displayed unbelievable hypocrisy by not holding others to the same standards. The London Lawyer / Ozzie banker discrepancy amply demonstrates this.

- I'm no Huddersfield fan.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 18:30 - Feb 4 with 785 viewsBillyChong

No can do bully boy. I believe in free speech and will execute my rights. Labelling me as somebody's friend or associate is dirty tactics. You have to do this of course to reply my arguments.

The Trust are not focused on money - so how can they buy the club off an administrator?

The Trust want a next egg so why no investments and getting 0.15% in interest when 1% was on offer? 4.85% annual devaluation at present.

They need 'Protection against dilution', Get 51%+ shares and keep out anyone else. The Arsenal Kronke method. No investment no dilution. Stan knows this.

The Trust need more influence in the board room. Get networking and use charm and skill. It gets you places.

Anti investment? go to league 2 no need for investment or risk there. Have a whip round if short. Community at work. Stuart James ex Guardian would love it. Exeter city the model.

Do not like what I say? - tell people I am insider with a vested interest. That should so it. The Chief will spin something and he is a real terrier.

Resolven bingo “Exeter City……….House!”
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:36 - Feb 4 with 749 viewsTreforys_Jack

Did the old board act dishonestly or underhandedly by excluding the trust when selling the club to the Americans. No need for paragraph after paragraph of waffle, a simple yes or.no will suffice.
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:02 - Feb 4 with 737 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 19:36 - Feb 4 by Treforys_Jack

Did the old board act dishonestly or underhandedly by excluding the trust when selling the club to the Americans. No need for paragraph after paragraph of waffle, a simple yes or.no will suffice.

The Trust Board member told the others in 2015 that their shares were not for sale so I consider the others were quite entitled to go ahead with out them later that year. In fact he said their shares would never be for sale. It was reported in the press.

The Trust were introduced to the US people in March 2016 and the deal was concluded 4 months later. The Trust were not able to meet that timescale for a vote of members to get their views. Not entirely sure why not with modern telephonic technology.

This is my understanding from press reports.

Wise sage since Toshack era

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:17 - Feb 4 with 733 viewsTreforys_Jack

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:02 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust Board member told the others in 2015 that their shares were not for sale so I consider the others were quite entitled to go ahead with out them later that year. In fact he said their shares would never be for sale. It was reported in the press.

The Trust were introduced to the US people in March 2016 and the deal was concluded 4 months later. The Trust were not able to meet that timescale for a vote of members to get their views. Not entirely sure why not with modern telephonic technology.

Is that a "no" then ?
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:31 - Feb 4 with 726 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:02 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Well you've clearly misunderstood.

- the fact that there's viable case endorsed by s QC suggests that the sellouts were certainly NOT entitled to go ahead without the trust. Backed up by Huw Jenkins pathetic scurrying about altering meeting minutes&and trying to invalidate a binding shareholders agreement. The former trust chairman had stated that the trust never said they'd never sell their shares and it was poor business practice for the sellouts and buyers not to check.

- The trust sent letters to all other shareholders within a few days of finding out about the interest stating they would like to be part of negotiations and we're open to selling their shares. As it transpired, the Americans never made a bid for trust's shares on parity what the sellouts got, so the consultation with members and time (why would there be a time limit anyway!? We know negotiations went on and off for some time) doing so is a red herring.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:32 - Feb 4 with 724 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:17 - Feb 4 by Treforys_Jack

Is that a "no" then ?

Resloven knows better than a QC see.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:35 - Feb 4 with 702 viewsTreforys_Jack

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:32 - Feb 4 by Chief

Resloven knows better than a QC see.

He's so desperate for people to agree with him it's sad. He's been rumbled and now lashing out, even accused me of bullying him. Anyone who doesnt think the sellers acted underhandedly is on the payroll and no-one will convince me any different.
Login to get fewer ads

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:11 - Feb 4 with 679 viewsWhiterockin

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:35 - Feb 4 by Treforys_Jack

He's so desperate for people to agree with him it's sad. He's been rumbled and now lashing out, even accused me of bullying him. Anyone who doesnt think the sellers acted underhandedly is on the payroll and no-one will convince me any different.

It seems to me that there are people on this board who think that when there are a group of posters who disagree with them they are either bullies/sheep/trolls, please delete as applicable. When in fact they are often stating facts not opinion.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:46 - Feb 4 with 650 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:11 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

It seems to me that there are people on this board who think that when there are a group of posters who disagree with them they are either bullies/sheep/trolls, please delete as applicable. When in fact they are often stating facts not opinion.

Try doing some research on what the Trust said in February 2015 around the time of the Moores Noell investment talks. It related to the Trust view on selling their shares and their possible dilution at that time.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:56 - Feb 4 with 642 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:46 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Try doing some research on what the Trust said in February 2015 around the time of the Moores Noell investment talks. It related to the Trust view on selling their shares and their possible dilution at that time.

And what relevance does that have to a totally different set of circumstances that occurred a few years later?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:00 - Feb 4 with 629 viewsWhiterockin

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:56 - Feb 4 by Chief

And what relevance does that have to a totally different set of circumstances that occurred a few years later?

When he's in a hole he just keeps digging. Diversion tactics don't work. He should keep to the relevant facts or not bother.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:01 - Feb 4 with 625 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:56 - Feb 4 by Chief

Talks stated with Kaplan and Levien in 2015 I recall reading. The Trust's position in 2015 seems pretty clear to me.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:10 - Feb 4 with 613 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:00 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

When he's in a hole he just keeps digging. Diversion tactics don't work. He should keep to the relevant facts or not bother.

Have you done your research? What is your conclusion?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:14 - Feb 4 with 609 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:01 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Talks stated with Kaplan and Levien in 2015 I recall reading. The Trust's position in 2015 seems pretty clear to me.

You mean the trust's stance in relation to the Charles and Noell proposed purchase of shares is clear?

And you thInk that automatically means that they'd take an identical stance for other potential share buyers - even though the circumstances and terms of the deal are different?

I'm sorry Resloven I very much doubt such straw clutching would wash with a judge.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:24 - Feb 4 with 602 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:14 - Feb 4 by Chief

You mean the trust's stance in relation to the Charles and Noell proposed purchase of shares is clear?

And you thInk that automatically means that they'd take an identical stance for other potential share buyers - even though the circumstances and terms of the deal are different?

I'm sorry Resloven I very much doubt such straw clutching would wash with a judge.

Lets see what Whiterockin thinks.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:32 - Feb 4 with 596 viewsDr_Parnassus

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:11 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Those who state their opinion in a fair manner regardless of if they agree or not will never be called a troll. Well they may, but it won’t hold any weight under scrutiny.

Those that disagree with no reason why and doing it purely to disagree and cause disruption are trolls, it’s a very easy distinction to make.

Example A - I disagree because.. (counter the point giving reasons and opening the floor for a reply).

Example B - haha WRONG!!! you know nothing!! Get the last word in if you want!

Both are disagreeing essentially. One is a sensible debate the other is a trolling method. You don’t really need a keen eye to spot which is which.

Each should be treated appropriately, and usually are.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 23:36]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:23 - Feb 5 with 501 viewsWhiterockin

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:24 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Lets see what Whiterockin thinks.

As you have asked my thoughts are.

Just because after discussions with Moores and Noell in 2014, the trust said that that they did not feel the need to sell and urged the other shareholders not to sell to these potential buyers, it did not exclude selling at a later date, to someone else. Therefore they should have been included in discussions with Levien and Kaplan. There were several questionable things done by the sellers in the run up to the eventual sale, these in my mind cause me to ask the question why? Unless there was something to hide. Obviously the trust feel they have a strong enough case to win otherwise they would not be proceeding against the individuals. I am not a trust member or have any connections to any shareholders, just a supporter voicing my opinion.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 14:25]

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:39 - Feb 5 with 482 viewsChief

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:23 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

As you have asked my thoughts are.

Just because after discussions with Moores and Noell in 2014, the trust said that that they did not feel the need to sell and urged the other shareholders not to sell to these potential buyers, it did not exclude selling at a later date, to someone else. Therefore they should have been included in discussions with Levien and Kaplan. There were several questionable things done by the sellers in the run up to the eventual sale, these in my mind cause me to ask the question why? Unless there was something to hide. Obviously the trust feel they have a strong enough case to win otherwise they would not be proceeding against the individuals. I am not a trust member or have any connections to any shareholders, just a supporter voicing my opinion.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 14:25]

Yea it's a complete cop out to suggest that they didn't include the trust because the thought the trust didn't want to sell. Like it was doing the trust a favour, didn't want to inconvenience them.

It was because the trust asked too much probably very pertinent and testing questions in their meetings with Noel et al which appeared to scare them off.

The sellouts weren't prepared to let that happen again.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:50 - Feb 5 with 471 viewsWhiterockin

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:39 - Feb 5 by Chief

Yea it's a complete cop out to suggest that they didn't include the trust because the thought the trust didn't want to sell. Like it was doing the trust a favour, didn't want to inconvenience them.

It was because the trust asked too much probably very pertinent and testing questions in their meetings with Noel et al which appeared to scare them off.

They could have just asked the trust, do you want to be included in the sale or not, as we are selling. If there was nothing to hide.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:55 - Feb 5 with 466 viewsCatullus

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:39 - Feb 5 by Chief

I still believe K&L thought SCFC was in a far better place than it really was. I think they were sold a dud and if the trust had been involved the Americans would have realised this. I believe that is why the previous owners wanted the trust excluded, so they could grab their money and run.

It is just my opinion of course.

I also think the Americans did a good job of keeping us financially stable even if they may have made promises to managers they didn't keep.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:04 - Feb 5 with 460 viewsWhiterockin

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:55 - Feb 5 by Catullus

I still believe K&L thought SCFC was in a far better place than it really was. I think they were sold a dud and if the trust had been involved the Americans would have realised this. I believe that is why the previous owners wanted the trust excluded, so they could grab their money and run.

I also think the Americans did a good job of keeping us financially stable even if they may have made promises to managers they didn't keep.

I can't disagree with anything there.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:15 - Feb 5 with 449 viewsTreforys_Jack

Lovely post.
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:20 - Feb 5 with 444 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:50 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

They could have just asked the trust, do you want to be included in the sale or not, as we are selling. If there was nothing to hide.

The US owners did ask the Trust "do you want to be included in the sale?". They say they got no answer either way. They needed to crack on. They gave them a day or two to come to a decision then pulled the offer. The Trust must have known this day was coming and were not it seems prepared.

It is recorded in a Trust statement. The problem was the Trust did not know what it wanted. I am confused as to what they want now. They want to maintain a holding but are paying millions to go to court and leave. It looks a confused strategy to me.

They are not happy that they do not have protection against dilution. Dilution is a business reality. To stop dilution you must veto any new investment. This is what the gentlemen said in 2015. They did not want investment. Many do not want investment now.

So what has changed since then? Only one thing.do you know what it is?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 15:22]

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:23 - Feb 5 with 439 viewsmax936

First part is spot on and bit of the 2nd part, their decisions to not continue with transfers could cause implications in future dealings with any club involved and they've got previous.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024