Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? 21:21 - Mar 1 with 5471 viewsRanvier

I've watched a number of games since we signed him, and especially against the less confident teams we've played with just one up front, with Done/Newby/Grant (basically, everyone but Charman) on the wings. What we needed was two strikers attacking defences and yet almost everytime RS has brought someone else on. What's wrong with Charman?
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 21:38 - Mar 1 with 5385 viewsboromat

Just not fit enough now he's gone from part time at a lower level to full time in the football league. I think I've seen enough to see the potential. Probably one for next season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 21:49 - Mar 1 with 5303 viewsRanvier

Tonight's game is a classic example. We're playing against a young underconfident defence who were on the back foot and even though he may not be fit, there were a couple of opportunities, where we should have scored. Surely an unfit striker would have done better than those we brought on instead. I just don't understand why he wouldn't play for the last 20-30 mins to build up his fitness and improve his confidence
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 21:49 - Mar 1 with 5303 viewsKnowlesy

Why would anyone in their right mind create a new account to question the ability of a new signing, and then downvote a reply that suggests anything other than him not being sh1te?

Try harder
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 21:53 - Mar 1 with 5265 views_Windydale

Not received enough of the ball and on long enough to make his mark. I'm sure he'll get his chance soon and replace Done. I bet he'd have slotted home Done's chances today.
When he has been on, he hasn't done much wrong and showed a glimmer of what he can do in his cameos, by twisting and going past a player or two before laying it off. There are some cracking defenders in league 2, he's not going to have it easy.
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 21:54 - Mar 1 with 5256 viewsRanvier

I pressed it by accident. Didn't know what it did. Not a new account, had it for a while. Just never felt the need to ask a question before and was a little bermused by the fact that Campbell is playing every game, yet when we need someone to "just put the ball in the goal" after same good setup play, we never play our other new striker. Supported the Dale for over 30 years, by the way, so I've seen the good and the bad.
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 21:56 - Mar 1 with 5217 views442Dale

He started at Scunthorpe and was ineffective. Campbell has improved game by game, others have stepped up and done ok too in the preferred formation and Charman has had some impact off the bench as he looks to build his fitness. It’s nothing more or less than that at the moment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 23:41 - Mar 1 with 4962 viewsdingdangblue

He had an open net near the end (not sure if it had been given a foul on the keeper or not) - but somehow headed it wide. He needs a good pre season and hopefully him and Campbell can come good next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 06:00 - Mar 2 with 4755 views1907

Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 23:41 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

He had an open net near the end (not sure if it had been given a foul on the keeper or not) - but somehow headed it wide. He needs a good pre season and hopefully him and Campbell can come good next season.

He actually headed it wide because O’Connell comes clattering into the back of him
Login to get fewer ads

Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 09:08 - Mar 2 with 4560 viewsDale_4_Life

Young Luke Charman will be fine. Quality lower league player more than capable of stepping up. Just needs time and patience. He will put away the chances when up to speed.
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 15:39 - Mar 5 with 3978 viewsCrede_Sign0

Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 09:08 - Mar 2 by Dale_4_Life

Young Luke Charman will be fine. Quality lower league player more than capable of stepping up. Just needs time and patience. He will put away the chances when up to speed.

Thinking fitness wise, and not position - how long did it take before Dawson got a game/run in the team ?
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 22:13 - Mar 5 with 3616 viewsEllDale

From memory Dawson signed over the summer and therefore had the benefit of a full pre-season under his belt before making his debut.
And am I right in thinking that he was pitched into the team earlier than most people anticipated because Rory McArdle damaged a shoulder in a friendly?
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 22:20 - Mar 5 with 3585 viewsTipperaryDale

Dawson signed in Jan, but suffered from an injury almost on signing. He was coming from a lot lower level than Charman did though, he was basically coming from an amateur level.

Don't know what's up with Charman, although from what I've seen from him he's very instinctive... not necessarily the kind of player to do what his manager says...
Is Luke Charman not good enough or injured? on 15:29 - Mar 8 with 3172 viewsDaleiLama

Charman started today but we went down 0-2. At least he got some more match practice in.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024