Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread 10:32 - Mar 20 with 10234 viewsNotLoyal

Huge.

Third party websites are offering tickets for around £180 for this game

Effects of the Russian invasion of Ukraine
Paths A and B were affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which began on 24 February 2022, a month prior to the semi-finals. FIFA suspended Russia on 28 February and announced on 8th March their semi-final opponents Poland received a bye to the Path B final. The Russian Football Union announced they would appeal their suspension to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The court said “You got a few tings on the buzz man” Their request for a temporary lift of the ban was rejected on 18th March An initial decision by FIFA on 27th February had ruled that Russia had to compete under the name "Football Union of Russia" (RFU) and without its flag or anthem, and play its home matches on neutral ground without spectators. Which is ridiculous because nobody wants these scum bags in their country. By that point, the football associations of the other three teams in the path (Czech Republic, Poland and Sweden) had refused to play any matches against Russia, regardless of location, a stance to which they remained committed following FIFA's initial decision. You see when you kill children irrespective of what went on before you become scum, real proper scum.

In Path A, following a request by the Ukrainian Association of Football on 8th March FIFA postponed the semi-final between Scotland and Ukraine until June 2022, along with the path final. In the interest of preventing further fixture congestion, the other semi-final match between Wales and Austria would go ahead as scheduled in March. As Scotland, Wales and Austria haven’t invaded any other sovereign territory and blown up city’s and towns it is expected one from these three countries will go to the World Cup. Ukraine, due to Russia’s killing fields will be otherwise busy.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57364/world-cup-play-off

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57367/the-world-cup-play

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57371/gareth-bale-injury

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57387/wales-v-austria-la

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57394/wales-are-through-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:28 - Mar 24 with 1281 viewsmagicdaps10

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Mar 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Perhaps this is the sort of game where even the biased supporters will finally begin to realise Daniel James is incredibly over rated and is fortunate to be playing in the Premier League.

Rodon looks tremendous. Hopefully he'll be able to move to a bottom half team this Summer and find regular game time.

No disrespect DYSS but I think I would go with Bielsas judgement over yours.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Mar 24 with 1272 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Except he is the one making the chances, they wouldn't be chances without his speed.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Mar 24 with 1268 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is Bale feeling his hamstring?
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Mar 24 with 1266 viewsjasper_T

Ramsey's made some very poor decisions over free kicks.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Mar 24 with 1261 viewsraynor94

Rodon has had an excellent game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Mar 24 with 1243 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Mar 24 by jasper_T

Ramsey's made some very poor decisions over free kicks.

He has had a poor game.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Mar 24 with 1239 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Not Bale's hammy, but his groin.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Mar 24 with 1239 viewsjasper_T

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:41 - Mar 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Not Bale's hammy, but his groin.

He can be injured for a bit now, work's done.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:42 - Mar 24 with 1231 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Mar 24 by A_Fans_Dad

He has had a poor game.

Bravo Cymru. Bravo North Macedonia. Lucky Italy did not face the south as well.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:43 - Mar 24 with 1213 viewsraynor94

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Mar 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Except he is the one making the chances, they wouldn't be chances without his speed.

He needs composure he should have 2 his first touch let's him down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Mar 24 with 1143 viewstrampie

Great win for Wales

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Mar 24 with 1112 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Bloody brilliant!
Thoroughly enjoyed that, could have scored many more.
Two goals from Bale that we will remember in decades to come. What a player!

Bring on anyone, we deserve to finally make our 2nd appearance at a World Cup. A good little team we've had for a decade now.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:13 - Mar 24 with 1081 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Mar 24 by raynor94

Rodon has had an excellent game

Outstanding for me as well.

Well played big Joe.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Mar 24 with 1068 viewsSTID2017

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Mar 24 by Ajack_Kerouac

Bloody brilliant!
Thoroughly enjoyed that, could have scored many more.
Two goals from Bale that we will remember in decades to come. What a player!

Bring on anyone, we deserve to finally make our 2nd appearance at a World Cup. A good little team we've had for a decade now.

Confident we will qualify
Bale - what a player !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Mar 24 with 1062 viewsangryjack

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:28 - Mar 24 by magicdaps10

No disrespect DYSS but I think I would go with Bielsas judgement over yours.

Totally agree with Dwight.. massively over rated James makes wrong options constantly,without pace he wouldn't be a pro
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:34 - Mar 24 with 1024 viewsbennytheblue

Thought joe Allen was immense tonight….helped it all tick
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 01:15 - Mar 25 with 937 viewsmajorraglan

Just got back from Cardiff, what a game, what a night!

Thought we were worth the win, whilst they had most of the possession we had the better chances and it could and should have been 5 - 2. Bale was immense and scored 2 great goals, Dan James played well and ran himself to a standstill, but he should have taken the chances he was given. Allen, Wilson were also immense. I thought the defence was a little shaky at times and carved open a little to easily, but I’ll take that result.

The crowd were immense, Dafydd Iwan’s Yma O Hyd got the ball rolling and we had another stirring rendition of the anthem, not sure how it came across on TV but it was spine tingling in the ground. If we want to get to Qatar, we’ll have to build on that performance.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 06:36 - Mar 25 with 871 views1983

Very happy this morning all played immense nice to see Neco Williams skinning a few of them and can't help but feel Dan James lacks that last 10%.
The crowd were outstanding even the commentary team stopped on a few occasions just to get a feel for it on TV

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 07:23 - Mar 25 with 840 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Arguably the best thing about last night is that the scots will have been watching that and absolutely sh*ting themselves (and I suspect it will be them one way or another).

They keep wanting to kid themselves on that they have a better squad, Bale and Ramsey are finished blah blah blah.

We can beat anyone in Cardiff. I'm very rarely so confident, but it does feel like our time and we absolutely owe the Scots one.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Mar 25 with 829 viewsDr_Winston

Watching Wales lost a bit for me when they decided to play every game at Legoland, in much the same way I lost interest in Glamorgan when they decided to base themselves in Sophia Gardens. Matches should be spread throughout the country.

Glad they did well though and it was an entertaining game.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 08:22 - Mar 25 with 776 viewsSTID2017

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Mar 25 by Dr_Winston

Watching Wales lost a bit for me when they decided to play every game at Legoland, in much the same way I lost interest in Glamorgan when they decided to base themselves in Sophia Gardens. Matches should be spread throughout the country.

Surely it has more to do with ground capacity than anything else ?
The Principality is too big for most games and other Welsh stadium are too small.
Hopefully will see some games spread out in June

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 10:00 - Mar 25 with 717 viewsSwans9

Qué to get in the canton was big but what a great result all the team played well. Elastic bands were flying around the stand and some of the crowd were showing yellows cards.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 10:03 - Mar 25 with 714 viewsjasper_T

Two age group games today:

u18s play Finland midday. Joel Cotterill and Cameron Congreve in the squad. Not sure if streamed anywhere.

u21s play Switzerland 6pm. Dan Williams and Lewis Webb in the squad.

[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 11:29]
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 11:03 - Mar 25 with 678 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57394/wales-are-through-

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 11:45 - Mar 25 with 649 viewsbennytheblue

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Mar 25 by Dr_Winston

Maybe but all the players and most fans enjoy it….just thank the gods we are at the mill stad anymore. Rocking last night
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 12:15]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024