Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread 10:32 - Mar 20 with 10235 viewsNotLoyal

Huge.

Third party websites are offering tickets for around £180 for this game

Effects of the Russian invasion of Ukraine
Paths A and B were affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which began on 24 February 2022, a month prior to the semi-finals. FIFA suspended Russia on 28 February and announced on 8th March their semi-final opponents Poland received a bye to the Path B final. The Russian Football Union announced they would appeal their suspension to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The court said “You got a few tings on the buzz man” Their request for a temporary lift of the ban was rejected on 18th March An initial decision by FIFA on 27th February had ruled that Russia had to compete under the name "Football Union of Russia" (RFU) and without its flag or anthem, and play its home matches on neutral ground without spectators. Which is ridiculous because nobody wants these scum bags in their country. By that point, the football associations of the other three teams in the path (Czech Republic, Poland and Sweden) had refused to play any matches against Russia, regardless of location, a stance to which they remained committed following FIFA's initial decision. You see when you kill children irrespective of what went on before you become scum, real proper scum.

In Path A, following a request by the Ukrainian Association of Football on 8th March FIFA postponed the semi-final between Scotland and Ukraine until June 2022, along with the path final. In the interest of preventing further fixture congestion, the other semi-final match between Wales and Austria would go ahead as scheduled in March. As Scotland, Wales and Austria haven’t invaded any other sovereign territory and blown up city’s and towns it is expected one from these three countries will go to the World Cup. Ukraine, due to Russia’s killing fields will be otherwise busy.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57364/world-cup-play-off

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57367/the-world-cup-play

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57371/gareth-bale-injury

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57387/wales-v-austria-la

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57394/wales-are-through-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 11:51 - Mar 25 with 1396 viewsChief

To me it looks like the Scots will receive a bye for the final.

That is going to be a wild day in Cardiff. Can see them bringing tens of thousands down.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 13:34 - Mar 25 with 1330 viewsjasper_T

u18s 3-1 up against Finland. Chris Popov (2) and Cam Congreve with the goals.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Mar 25 with 1278 viewsjasper_T

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 16:48 - Mar 25 with 1223 viewsjasper_T

Looks like the 4-4-2 again.

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Mar 25 with 1202 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 11:51 - Mar 25 by Chief

That is going to be a wild day in Cardiff. Can see them bringing tens of thousands down.

Let’s hope the Welsh FA give them as few as possible .
They will travel anyway and I hope Anfield 78 is not replicated with thousands of Welsh tickets ending up in their hands .

What a game though .

A game really for us to gain revenge . I’ve waited decades for this .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Mar 25 with 1170 viewsjasper_T

u21s 2-0 down, 14 minutes played. Why this game is being played on astroturf I don't know. Very strange.

The 4-4-2 is predictably getting opened up in the middle.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 18:20 - Mar 25 with 1167 viewsSwans9

Dundalk got 2 in the starting line up v Switzerland and swans have Dan Williams.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 18:38 - Mar 25 with 1155 viewstheloneranger

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Mar 25 by onehunglow

Let’s hope the Welsh FA give them as few as possible .
They will travel anyway and I hope Anfield 78 is not replicated with thousands of Welsh tickets ending up in their hands .

What a game though .

A game really for us to gain revenge . I’ve waited decades for this .

Anfield was 1977.

We had our chance for World Cup revenge against Scotland in 1985, when we drew 1-1 to another dodgy penalty.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Mar 25 with 1137 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Mar 25 by jasper_T

u21s 2-0 down, 14 minutes played. Why this game is being played on astroturf I don't know. Very strange.

The 4-4-2 is predictably getting opened up in the middle.

Bodin should be ashamed of himself. Wales simply cannot go with 4 against teams of this quality. Boyes is not up to it and has been a weak link for some time.

Due to low number Wales s resources are stretched too thin.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Mar 25 with 1120 viewsFireboy2

If we do play them I'm hoping that the Scots don't get into our ends like te Irish did a few years ago.

'Loyal' wales fans sold their tickets to them, I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:25 - Mar 25 with 1111 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Mar 25 by Fireboy2

If we do play them I'm hoping that the Scots don't get into our ends like te Irish did a few years ago.

'Loyal' wales fans sold their tickets to them, I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.

And their Aberdeen and Hibs boys.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Mar 25 with 1105 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 01:15 - Mar 25 by majorraglan

Just got back from Cardiff, what a game, what a night!

Thought we were worth the win, whilst they had most of the possession we had the better chances and it could and should have been 5 - 2. Bale was immense and scored 2 great goals, Dan James played well and ran himself to a standstill, but he should have taken the chances he was given. Allen, Wilson were also immense. I thought the defence was a little shaky at times and carved open a little to easily, but I’ll take that result.

The crowd were immense, Dafydd Iwan’s Yma O Hyd got the ball rolling and we had another stirring rendition of the anthem, not sure how it came across on TV but it was spine tingling in the ground. If we want to get to Qatar, we’ll have to build on that performance.

Agreed Major, what an awesome day and night, met some great people had a great laugh, loads of beers and the boys never let us down.

Yes we should have put them out of sight, after their goal I loved the way they defended for their lives, Rodon was absolutely immense, he was my mom as he hardly gave the Austrians a sniff, he thoroughly showed his class.

Had aload of beers before the game and even more after, me and builthy got dragged into the city centre for even more beers, only got back after 1am, got back home at 2 and I'm bloody knackered but it was well worth it, can't wait for June.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:47 - Mar 25 with 1085 viewsSTID2017

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Mar 25 by Fireboy2

Agreed Major, what an awesome day and night, met some great people had a great laugh, loads of beers and the boys never let us down.

Yes we should have put them out of sight, after their goal I loved the way they defended for their lives, Rodon was absolutely immense, he was my mom as he hardly gave the Austrians a sniff, he thoroughly showed his class.

Had aload of beers before the game and even more after, me and builthy got dragged into the city centre for even more beers, only got back after 1am, got back home at 2 and I'm bloody knackered but it was well worth it, can't wait for June.

Sounds good.
Hopefully join you in June
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 20:47]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:28 - Mar 25 with 1049 viewsTenbySwan

Got to say I thought the ref did well on the whole. Left a few iffy challenges go , that would definitely been free kicks and cards in the premier league, but the game was better for it.
Wilson was flattened once on a run and the ref just pointed to his shoulder to say shoulder charge. Wilson got up and ran the length if the pitch to remonstrate but the ref just waved his arm at him to go away 😁
Good old fashioned cut and thrust!
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Mar 25 with 1036 viewsSTID2017

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:28 - Mar 25 by TenbySwan

Got to say I thought the ref did well on the whole. Left a few iffy challenges go , that would definitely been free kicks and cards in the premier league, but the game was better for it.
Wilson was flattened once on a run and the ref just pointed to his shoulder to say shoulder charge. Wilson got up and ran the length if the pitch to remonstrate but the ref just waved his arm at him to go away 😁
Good old fashioned cut and thrust!

Agree he helped to make it an exciting flowing game

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Mar 25 with 1014 viewsmajorraglan

Hope not.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Mar 25 with 1001 viewsmajorraglan

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Mar 25 by Fireboy2

I was at the Ninian Park game in 1985 when we drew 1-1, thousands of Scots had managed to get in to the “Bob Bank”. Wales fans had their flag poles taken while the Scots were allowed to keep theirs. The Grange end looked very impressive.

With these e-tickets and all seater stadiums, it will be easy to trace who’s sold their tickets but having an e ticket also makes it easy to sell it on. The Scots will travel in huge numbers and is going to cause South Wales Police a major headache.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Mar 26 with 879 viewsSTID2017

Bound to be a few, but I think it will be " I was there" games.
Hopefully will be comparatively few who sell on their tickets

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Mar 26 with 871 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Mar 26 by STID2017

Bound to be a few, but I think it will be " I was there" games.
Hopefully will be comparatively few who sell on their tickets

After being there on Thursday for the semi I would be flabbergasted if anyone in their right mind would sell their ticket, they will be like rocking horse sh!t.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:01 - Mar 26 with 868 viewsSTID2017

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Mar 26 by Fireboy2

After being there on Thursday for the semi I would be flabbergasted if anyone in their right mind would sell their ticket, they will be like rocking horse sh!t.

Yes.
Should be fantastic

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Mar 26 with 868 viewsbuilthjack

Can't see any Welsh fan in their right mind selling their ticket to a Scot though.
But yes, they will have 10 - 15000 in the City hoping for a party.
They will be disappointed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 08:52 - Mar 28 with 796 viewsbennytheblue

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Mar 26 by builthjack

Can't see any Welsh fan in their right mind selling their ticket to a Scot though.
But yes, they will have 10 - 15000 in the City hoping for a party.
They will be disappointed.

Not sure what this song is all about but it shows a passion that blows rugby fans away…….
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 8:54]
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 10:57 - Mar 28 with 765 viewsKeithHaynes

Almost certain to happen.
And the sensible option.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 11:13 - Mar 28 with 762 viewsjasper_T

Joel Cotterill captaining the u18s this morning in the second of their games against Finland.
Wales v Austria : World Cup Matchday Thread on 13:16 - Mar 28 with 739 viewsjasper_T

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024