Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League 22/23 10:24 - Jul 2 with 40861 viewstoboboly

Thought we could have a season long non-league thread, I know a few people on here are keen on groundhopping.

After Hillingdon Borough cancelled last minute last week I am heading to Raynes Park Vale v QPR XI today. Not a new ground but always good to make a ground tick "hooped" by watching QPR there.

Anyone else heading to a game today?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non-League 22/23 on 11:08 - Feb 15 with 2692 viewstoboboly

Heading to Erith v Holland & Blair tonight, will be more enjoyable than yesterday

Non-League 22/23 on 13:59 - Feb 15 with 2604 viewsaston_hoop

In case any of you are heading along to see any of these teams soon

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-21s-news/anthony-hamid-and-salamon-loaned-out-1

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Non-League 22/23 on 15:58 - Feb 17 with 2434 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 13:59 - Feb 15 by aston_hoop

In case any of you are heading along to see any of these teams soon

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-21s-news/anthony-hamid-and-salamon-loaned-out-1

I will let you know about Hamid tomorrow when I take an overlong train journey to Bognor to see K's latest debacle.

Non-League 22/23 on 11:15 - Feb 20 with 2317 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 15:58 - Feb 17 by toboboly

I will let you know about Hamid tomorrow when I take an overlong train journey to Bognor to see K's latest debacle.

A surprising dau all round.

Having watched Hamid a few times in pre-season I thought he would probably be too slight for a battle in the trenches of non-league.

For some context K's are shocking this year, worse than QPR. Bognor aren't much better but are better.

K's won 4-2, some decent football and maybe just enough to see them away from relegation this season. Hamid started well, lots of energy and wanted the ball. Faded slightly as the game went on and was subbed in the 80's. Needs to be a bit stronger and was a bit lucky having dived in a few times to only get 1 yellow. But hopefully this is all positive learning for him.

Bognor is a decent ground, good food and drink options and a 10 minute walk from the station.

Non-League 22/23 on 12:44 - Feb 20 with 2267 viewsaston_hoop

Non-League 22/23 on 11:15 - Feb 20 by toboboly

A surprising dau all round.

Having watched Hamid a few times in pre-season I thought he would probably be too slight for a battle in the trenches of non-league.

For some context K's are shocking this year, worse than QPR. Bognor aren't much better but are better.

K's won 4-2, some decent football and maybe just enough to see them away from relegation this season. Hamid started well, lots of energy and wanted the ball. Faded slightly as the game went on and was subbed in the 80's. Needs to be a bit stronger and was a bit lucky having dived in a few times to only get 1 yellow. But hopefully this is all positive learning for him.

Bognor is a decent ground, good food and drink options and a 10 minute walk from the station.

Nice one, cheers for the review. Have only seen Hamid on live streams of underage games and indeed he does look like he needs to bulk out a bit but he's young so all good experience, great to hear.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Non-League 22/23 on 12:49 - Feb 20 with 2255 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 12:44 - Feb 20 by aston_hoop

Nice one, cheers for the review. Have only seen Hamid on live streams of underage games and indeed he does look like he needs to bulk out a bit but he's young so all good experience, great to hear.

Tbf to him he looks to have had a growth spurt since pre-season and although probably the least experienced out there it didn't show. Got in some good positions and worked hard, final ball needs a bit of work but hopefully that should come with time.

Non-League 22/23 on 20:35 - Mar 10 with 2157 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t know if this counts, but currently sat in a shipping container with the side cut off at

Briton Ferry Llansawel A.F.C v Barry Town FC 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Non-League 22/23 on 22:13 - Mar 10 with 2112 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 20:35 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t know if this counts, but currently sat in a shipping container with the side cut off at

Briton Ferry Llansawel A.F.C v Barry Town FC 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Definitely counts.

I remember when I was covering NSL games in Oz and at one ground the media box was a pair of shipping containers on their sides sitting on the roof of the main stand. Great view, but totally open to the elements and the oily smell of cooked snags coming up from the canteen.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-League 22/23 on 22:22 - Mar 10 with 2086 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Non-League 22/23 on 22:13 - Mar 10 by ozranger

Definitely counts.

I remember when I was covering NSL games in Oz and at one ground the media box was a pair of shipping containers on their sides sitting on the roof of the main stand. Great view, but totally open to the elements and the oily smell of cooked snags coming up from the canteen.

I don't know what a snag is but if it's fried i'm sure it's delicious.
Non-League 22/23 on 22:35 - Mar 10 with 2070 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 22:22 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't know what a snag is but if it's fried i'm sure it's delicious.

In Aussie slang, a snag is commonly used instead of saying a sausage, something you may throw on the barbie. So, unless you're in Scotland, it ain't fried, sorry.
Non-League 22/23 on 23:00 - Mar 10 with 2038 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Non-League 22/23 on 22:35 - Mar 10 by ozranger

In Aussie slang, a snag is commonly used instead of saying a sausage, something you may throw on the barbie. So, unless you're in Scotland, it ain't fried, sorry.

I’ll take it!
Non-League 22/23 on 14:06 - Mar 16 with 1861 viewstoboboly

A bonanza in East London/Essex for non-league day

Non-League 22/23 on 09:28 - Mar 22 with 1758 viewstoboboly

Headed to Chesham United yesterday. 4-0 win, decent but expensive food, Alex Horne in attendance at his local team.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:46 - Mar 22 with 1749 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 09:28 - Mar 22 by toboboly

Headed to Chesham United yesterday. 4-0 win, decent but expensive food, Alex Horne in attendance at his local team.

I'm letting you take the credit for the first win for quite a while, while they have moved from Championship contenders to making the play offs difficult! Alex Horne is a director of the club.

A very big match in Ipswich this Saturday. Ipswich Wanderers at home to Thetford Town, second against top in the Eastern Counties with only a point between them & six games left to play. I would like to have been going, but my wifes birthday lunch takes preference!
Non-League 22/23 on 10:39 - Mar 22 with 1687 viewsdmm

Off to see Dulwich Hamlet v Oxford City this Saturday. Haven't been there for a few years and I'm particularly looking forward to sampling the local ales they serve.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:46 - Mar 22 with 1657 viewsSharpediver

Non-League 22/23 on 10:39 - Mar 22 by dmm

Off to see Dulwich Hamlet v Oxford City this Saturday. Haven't been there for a few years and I'm particularly looking forward to sampling the local ales they serve.

I heartily recommend the 'Peckham Pale'. Great place Champion Hill. And, although I don't want Dulwich to win (we're in a relegation battle with them), I bloody well hope they stay up. Fantastic Club.
I'll be at Slough Town v Ebbsfleet. 12.30 kick off. First ever National League South match to be televised on BT Sport. At least we'll get a few quid from bigger crowd/TV money.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 12:47]
Non-League 22/23 on 12:47 - Mar 22 with 1655 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 09:46 - Mar 22 by terryb

I'm letting you take the credit for the first win for quite a while, while they have moved from Championship contenders to making the play offs difficult! Alex Horne is a director of the club.

A very big match in Ipswich this Saturday. Ipswich Wanderers at home to Thetford Town, second against top in the Eastern Counties with only a point between them & six games left to play. I would like to have been going, but my wifes birthday lunch takes preference!

I'm sure they do burgers and pies Terry, the wife may appreciate a day out at the footy?

Non-League 22/23 on 12:51 - Mar 22 with 1650 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 12:46 - Mar 22 by Sharpediver

I heartily recommend the 'Peckham Pale'. Great place Champion Hill. And, although I don't want Dulwich to win (we're in a relegation battle with them), I bloody well hope they stay up. Fantastic Club.
I'll be at Slough Town v Ebbsfleet. 12.30 kick off. First ever National League South match to be televised on BT Sport. At least we'll get a few quid from bigger crowd/TV money.

I'm currently entertaining the possibility of a double, Stanway Pegasus at 3pm followed by Stanway Rovers at 6:30pm

Non-League 22/23 on 15:09 - Mar 22 with 1596 viewsGloucs_R

I go to most Gloucester City home games these days... One of their players has just been selected to play for Grenada against the USA. Alongside a couple of Rangers players I've never heard of before 😮

Poll: Are we staying up?

Non-League 22/23 on 15:30 - Mar 22 with 1571 viewsstowmarketrange

A choice between Needham Market v Nuneaton Borough or Stowmarket town v Hashtag Utd.
Non-League 22/23 on 15:38 - Mar 22 with 1566 viewsozranger

I'd say Fleet may bring a large crowd to the game. They are three games from promotion. Ostensibly only Darts can catch them and they are 18 pts behind with only nine more to play for them. So, Fleet may want to tie up the title asap. Oh, and expect them to be behind early as they have done that in almost everyone of the past so may games.

I would love to get to the big game nearby tonight between Phoenix Sports and Erith Town but am still recovering from the flu. Second v Fourth may not sound much but if Phoenix win, they would only be five behind Erith & Belevedere. The Deres held something like a 28 point lead over second only two months back and everything is going wrong for them now. If they do get caught, it would have to rival, if not better what has happened to our club since October.
Non-League 22/23 on 08:01 - Mar 23 with 1488 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 15:09 - Mar 22 by Gloucs_R

I go to most Gloucester City home games these days... One of their players has just been selected to play for Grenada against the USA. Alongside a couple of Rangers players I've never heard of before 😮

How is Steve King going there? He was manager at Welling United and then Dartford recently. He's a decent manager but is also quite fun to watch with his pitch-side antics.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:12 - Mar 23 with 1450 viewsLowerloftLad

I have attend a few non league games lately.

chertsey town 2 walton and hersham 5

Walton and hersham 5 Binfield 1

Walton looking really good and should get promoted.

One of there strikers has three hatricks in three games.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 9:15]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Non-League 22/23 on 10:38 - Mar 23 with 1428 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 12:51 - Mar 22 by toboboly

I'm currently entertaining the possibility of a double, Stanway Pegasus at 3pm followed by Stanway Rovers at 6:30pm

Given up on Stanway as the trains are shot with engineering works. Leighton Town managed by Lee Bircham (brother of Marc) may be the one.

Non-League 22/23 on 07:08 - Mar 24 with 1338 viewsRebalhoop

Gutted I’m working so can’t get to Arbour Park.
Really hope the boys turn up for the cameras ,and give them a game.
Realistically expecting quite a heavy defeat,but you never know…..
Come on You Rebels
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024