Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League 22/23 10:24 - Jul 2 with 40863 viewstoboboly

Thought we could have a season long non-league thread, I know a few people on here are keen on groundhopping.

After Hillingdon Borough cancelled last minute last week I am heading to Raynes Park Vale v QPR XI today. Not a new ground but always good to make a ground tick "hooped" by watching QPR there.

Anyone else heading to a game today?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non-League 22/23 on 00:21 - Mar 25 with 2875 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Beef.

Non-League 22/23 on 08:03 - Mar 25 with 2791 viewsTGRRRSSS

Dorking v Maidenhead
Non-League 22/23 on 08:37 - Mar 25 with 2770 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

St Albans v Dover
Non-League 22/23 (n/t) on 09:45 - Mar 25 with 2736 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 9:54]
Non-League 22/23 on 10:29 - Mar 25 with 2724 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 00:21 - Mar 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Beef.

Beatiful!

A perfect example from Blackpool of "How to win friends & influence people".
Non-League 22/23 on 13:17 - Mar 25 with 2690 viewsJPC

Non-League 22/23 on 09:12 - Mar 23 by LowerloftLad

I have attend a few non league games lately.

chertsey town 2 walton and hersham 5

Walton and hersham 5 Binfield 1

Walton looking really good and should get promoted.

One of there strikers has three hatricks in three games.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 9:15]

That’ll be Eddie Simon. Already got over 30 this season. I’ve been to quite a few of their games this season as my daughter’s boyfriend plays for them. Top of the table clash next week against Basingstoke.
Non-League 22/23 on 19:09 - Mar 25 with 2623 viewsJPC

Non-League 22/23 on 13:17 - Mar 25 by JPC

That’ll be Eddie Simon. Already got over 30 this season. I’ve been to quite a few of their games this season as my daughter’s boyfriend plays for them. Top of the table clash next week against Basingstoke.

Got his 4th straight hat trick today
Non-League 22/23 on 19:41 - Mar 25 with 2602 viewsaston_hoop

Non-League 22/23 on 15:09 - Mar 22 by Gloucs_R

I go to most Gloucester City home games these days... One of their players has just been selected to play for Grenada against the USA. Alongside a couple of Rangers players I've never heard of before 😮

Our lad Harrack started last night v USA as did the Gloucester City lad. Got tanked 7-1 but this is a team that held England at the WC and had the likes of Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson etc up front so no shame in that. Good experience for the lad.

As an aside, Harrack is the only actual Ranger in the squad, it seems one of Grenada's top club sides is called Queens Park Rangers. If anyone knows why, love to know!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Non-League 22/23 on 19:46 - Mar 25 with 2593 viewsaston_hoop

Also, don't know if anyone made it to Dulwich Hamlet today but our defender Deon Woodman joined them and played today so interested to know how he got on.

For anyone bothered, it was CF Can Vidalet v Santfeliuenc in the Primera Catalana today for me, 6th tier regionalised football in Spain. Best I could do in my local area.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:34 - Mar 26 with 2468 viewsdmm

Non-League 22/23 on 19:46 - Mar 25 by aston_hoop

Also, don't know if anyone made it to Dulwich Hamlet today but our defender Deon Woodman joined them and played today so interested to know how he got on.

For anyone bothered, it was CF Can Vidalet v Santfeliuenc in the Primera Catalana today for me, 6th tier regionalised football in Spain. Best I could do in my local area.

Danny and I went along to the Hamlet yesterday and we were quite impressed with Woodman. He looked comfortable on the ball and showed good positional sense. However, we missed Oxford's first goal which someone said was his fault.

Sharpedriver's Peckham Pale recommendation was spot on and we imbibed several during the match. What a treat to drink a very good ale while watching a game of football.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:59 - Mar 26 with 2394 viewshubble

Non-League 22/23 on 19:46 - Mar 25 by aston_hoop

Wha was CF Can Vidalet v Santfeliuenc like to watch? What was the ground like? From the name I'm guessing it's somewhere in the Barcelona area.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Non-League 22/23 on 13:28 - Mar 26 with 2358 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 09:46 - Mar 22 by terryb

I'm letting you take the credit for the first win for quite a while, while they have moved from Championship contenders to making the play offs difficult! Alex Horne is a director of the club.

A very big match in Ipswich this Saturday. Ipswich Wanderers at home to Thetford Town, second against top in the Eastern Counties with only a point between them & six games left to play. I would like to have been going, but my wifes birthday lunch takes preference!

A crowd of 501 at Ipswich Wanderers, a level 9 (step 5) game.

Thetford finished the game with 9 men (I think, but I'm not sure) due to 1 sending off and an injury after all substitutions had beem made, leading 2-1 going imto added time. Then Wanderers scored twice to go top of the league with 5 games remaining.

Whether their facilities will allow them to play in the Isthmian League 1 North I don't know, but their playing ability deserves to.

EDIT - Looking at a non league message board, I think Wanderers would be promoted & have 12 months to bring their ground to the required level for step 4.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 14:00]
Non-League 22/23 on 13:56 - Mar 26 with 2342 viewsSharpediver

Non-League 22/23 on 09:34 - Mar 26 by dmm

Danny and I went along to the Hamlet yesterday and we were quite impressed with Woodman. He looked comfortable on the ball and showed good positional sense. However, we missed Oxford's first goal which someone said was his fault.

Sharpedriver's Peckham Pale recommendation was spot on and we imbibed several during the match. What a treat to drink a very good ale while watching a game of football.

Glad you enjoyed it chaps. Looking forward to going back there again next season with Slough Town, hopefully in the same division & not the one below. Wholeheartedly agree about having few pints of decent ale whilst watching a match. Is very civilised indeed.

Rebels lost 1-0 at home to Ebbsfleet but we gave a very good account of ourselves against a full-time team who are 20 points clear at the top of the League. Crowd of over 1200.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 13:59]
Non-League 22/23 on 15:13 - Mar 26 with 2303 viewsaston_hoop

Non-League 22/23 on 11:59 - Mar 26 by hubble

Wha was CF Can Vidalet v Santfeliuenc like to watch? What was the ground like? From the name I'm guessing it's somewhere in the Barcelona area.

Yeah both teams based on the outskirts of Barcelona and it was a ground I wanted to tick off, decent game as both sides sitting near the top of the league hoping to get into the proper league system above. Without knowing much about Can Vidalet, their ground felt reasonably sized for the level at least and they got the all important win yesterday. Usually the marker for these grounds is do they sell beer or not, they did.

Non-League 22/23 on 15:16 - Mar 26 with 2295 viewsBoston

Non-League 22/23 on 19:09 - Mar 25 by JPC

Got his 4th straight hat trick today

...and not on Chelsea's books yet!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non-League 22/23 on 15:22 - Mar 26 with 2284 viewsBoston

Non-League 22/23 on 19:41 - Mar 25 by aston_hoop

Our lad Harrack started last night v USA as did the Gloucester City lad. Got tanked 7-1 but this is a team that held England at the WC and had the likes of Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson etc up front so no shame in that. Good experience for the lad.

As an aside, Harrack is the only actual Ranger in the squad, it seems one of Grenada's top club sides is called Queens Park Rangers. If anyone knows why, love to know!

Never been relegated.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queens_Park_Rangers_SC

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non-League 22/23 on 22:13 - Mar 26 with 2184 viewsThird_Division_South

Ody Alpha goal

Non-League 22/23 on 09:03 - Mar 28 with 2017 viewsozranger

Danny Paddox on another thread brought up Mousehole. Their football team are making incredible strides at present. Just promoted to the Western League Premier (Step 5), they are currently second behind Saltash by five points but with three games in hand. They have seven games to go and Saltash, four. If they win, they would be promoted to the Southern League, Western Division, while finishing second would give them playoff chances.

If you get a chance to be in that part of the country, visit the furthest western club in England. It is only a short drive from Penzance, but you need a car to get there as there is zero public transport. There used to be a team at St Just, which is almost a stones throw from Land's End, but that club folded a little while ago.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:14 - Mar 28 with 2000 viewshubble

Talking of Mousehole (pronounced maowzle, in case anyone didn't know), when I was in Penzance in September last year I was excited to find my visit coincided with a Penzance AFC home game. I really like their ground, which is adjacent to Penlee Park. However on the day itself it was absolutely tipping it down. And I'm afraid to say, Southern softie that I am, I bottled it. Just couldn't face standing for 2 hours in the teeming rain. But I will go next time I'm there. I know Mousehole are the more glamorous side these days, but there's something wonderfully old school about the Magpies and their lovely old ground.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:43 - Mar 28 with 1980 viewsterryb

Cornish football is on the rise with five teams in the Western League & I think Truro will be back playing in the city after next season.

It is meant to be a rugby county, but if you drive around the Dutchy you will see far more football pitches than egg chasing ones.
Non-League 22/23 on 10:24 - Mar 28 with 1964 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 09:43 - Mar 28 by terryb

Cornish football is on the rise with five teams in the Western League & I think Truro will be back playing in the city after next season.

It is meant to be a rugby county, but if you drive around the Dutchy you will see far more football pitches than egg chasing ones.

Got a good friend who is connected to Truro City FC. He is also an old QPR fan and we used to play in the same team back in Oz too many years ago. I went to see them play in the 1st Rd of the FA Cup at Charlton a few seasons back. They brought a touch under 1,000 to The Valley, which is quite something for that distance.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:50 - Mar 28 with 1905 viewsDannyPaddox

Sorry to hear St. Just FC has folded. Can this be true? It was only a village team. They were the local rivals when I played in the all conquering St. Buryan team of the mid 90s (2 league and cup doubles - proper job!) We’d always smash Mousehole. There’s a story to Mousehole these days. I’ve heard they’ve come into money and are a sort of last-chance saloon for players that haven’t made the grade at the big-club professional academies. Which is an interesting concept but it has meant they don’t really have a connection with the village anymore. They tried to merge with Penzance before lockdown but it was clearly an attempt to get hold of Penlee Park - the best ground in the Penwith district. The episode didn’t go down to well locally and further entrenched Mousehole FC as not representing the local community. If I’m wrong on this and someone is more in the know let us know. I’m not so in touch with my old Cornish mates these days. As for Penzance, I played a handful of games for them too though I’m still waiting to be inducted into the Forever Pee’s club or whatever it may be called.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:45 - Mar 28 with 1866 viewshubble

Non-League 22/23 on 11:50 - Mar 28 by DannyPaddox

Sorry to hear St. Just FC has folded. Can this be true? It was only a village team. They were the local rivals when I played in the all conquering St. Buryan team of the mid 90s (2 league and cup doubles - proper job!) We’d always smash Mousehole. There’s a story to Mousehole these days. I’ve heard they’ve come into money and are a sort of last-chance saloon for players that haven’t made the grade at the big-club professional academies. Which is an interesting concept but it has meant they don’t really have a connection with the village anymore. They tried to merge with Penzance before lockdown but it was clearly an attempt to get hold of Penlee Park - the best ground in the Penwith district. The episode didn’t go down to well locally and further entrenched Mousehole FC as not representing the local community. If I’m wrong on this and someone is more in the know let us know. I’m not so in touch with my old Cornish mates these days. As for Penzance, I played a handful of games for them too though I’m still waiting to be inducted into the Forever Pee’s club or whatever it may be called.

This is amazing Danny. How come you played for St. Buryan? I know West Penwith very well, I've been going down there since childhood and have a lot of friends in Penzance and St.Just. I will try and find out what's happened to the St. Just team.

And you're right about Mousehole, they're kind of doing a Wrexham, but it's the Magpies for me!

Non-League 22/23 on 13:42 - Mar 28 with 1795 viewshubble

Either Danny doesn't like me, or he's got me on ignore!

Non-League 22/23 on 14:37 - Mar 28 with 1762 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 12:45 - Mar 28 by hubble

This is amazing Danny. How come you played for St. Buryan? I know West Penwith very well, I've been going down there since childhood and have a lot of friends in Penzance and St.Just. I will try and find out what's happened to the St. Just team.

And you're right about Mousehole, they're kind of doing a Wrexham, but it's the Magpies for me!

My error, apologies. St Just are still playing.

St Just and Pendeen Rovers, both to the west of Mousehole are a good few levels lower and play in the LWC Cornwall Combination League (Step 8). St Just are leading that comp at present and could promote to the St Piran League West Division.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024