Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League 22/23 10:24 - Jul 2 with 43225 viewstoboboly

Thought we could have a season long non-league thread, I know a few people on here are keen on groundhopping.

After Hillingdon Borough cancelled last minute last week I am heading to Raynes Park Vale v QPR XI today. Not a new ground but always good to make a ground tick "hooped" by watching QPR there.

Anyone else heading to a game today?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non-League 22/23 on 14:40 - Mar 28 with 3334 viewshubble

Non-League 22/23 on 14:37 - Mar 28 by ozranger

My error, apologies. St Just are still playing.

St Just and Pendeen Rovers, both to the west of Mousehole are a good few levels lower and play in the LWC Cornwall Combination League (Step 8). St Just are leading that comp at present and could promote to the St Piran League West Division.

Ah, that's good to know mate, thanks.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Non-League 22/23 on 15:04 - Mar 28 with 3279 viewsDannyPaddox

Non-League 22/23 on 13:42 - Mar 28 by hubble

Either Danny doesn't like me, or he's got me on ignore!

Who said that? 😘

Good news St Just are still going and nice to see Pendeen Rovers get a mention. I had a season or two with them as well. My Panini sticker would no doubt read, “box-to-box West-Cornwall journeyman”. The team I was most fond of was Newlyn Non-Athletico (The Crab Army - always itching for a game) I helped drag them kicking, screaming, and puking from a Sunday Morning pre-pub kick-about team to a Mining League team. After all these years I believe they’re still going. Again I await the call to be inducted into the Forever Crabs club.
Non-League 22/23 on 15:47 - Mar 28 with 3245 viewshubble

Non-League 22/23 on 15:04 - Mar 28 by DannyPaddox

Who said that? 😘

Good news St Just are still going and nice to see Pendeen Rovers get a mention. I had a season or two with them as well. My Panini sticker would no doubt read, “box-to-box West-Cornwall journeyman”. The team I was most fond of was Newlyn Non-Athletico (The Crab Army - always itching for a game) I helped drag them kicking, screaming, and puking from a Sunday Morning pre-pub kick-about team to a Mining League team. After all these years I believe they’re still going. Again I await the call to be inducted into the Forever Crabs club.

Phew, thank God for that!!

Love the sound of Newlyn Non-Athletico 'Crab Army'. I had no idea Newlyn had a football team. I thought all they did was fish and drink in the Swordfish!

As a slight aside, one of my best mates and Penzance dwellers plays cricket for the Nancledra Hillbillies, and I turned out for them once a few seasons ago. I follow them whenever I'm there in summer - it's worth it just for the teas you get between innings, often prepared by the local Women's Institute - they are just amazing!

Non-League 22/23 on 16:31 - Mar 28 with 3231 viewstoboboly

I went to Mousehole for a wedding once, annoyingly it was out of season but I went and poked my hungover head round the ground briefly the day after.

Looked nice but presume it has changed a lot in the past 5 or so years.

Was gonna head out tonight but with the weather the way it is I don't fancy a 90 minute train journey to see a game called off.

Non-League 22/23 on 18:52 - Apr 1 with 3089 viewsLowerloftLad

Attended walton and hersham today. Who have now gone top of the league and are doing it in real style they destroyed Basingstoke today.

Walton 5 basingstoke 1
Attendance 1651
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 8:39]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Non-League 22/23 on 19:31 - Apr 1 with 3059 viewshubble

Only a few more seasons and we can go and see our own team playing non-league football.

Non-League 22/23 on 15:43 - Apr 3 with 2962 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 18:52 - Apr 1 by LowerloftLad

Attended walton and hersham today. Who have now gone top of the league and are doing it in real style they destroyed Basingstoke today.

Walton 5 basingstoke 1
Attendance 1651

Mad - I was at their last game at Stompond and could never have predicted it would have gone as well as it has. I presume Casuals folding hasn't hurt but a great job done by all, terrifying for a K's fan though as I watch us slowly die from a 1000 cuts.

Anyway, there are a shedload of games being shoehorned in this month as the FA refuse to extend the season, player welfare? Not for this lot, Klopp would $hit the bed looking at some of the upcoming fixture lists.

Gonna try and get to Berkhamsted this week after they sealed promotion at the weekend.

Non-League 22/23 on 15:49 - Apr 3 with 2955 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Non-League 22/23 on 18:52 - Apr 1 by LowerloftLad

Walton 5 basingstoke 1
Attendance 1651

Was also there. Top day out even though they ran out of beer on tap and only had warm bottles by half time.....
Both played some fantastic football for that level, reckon they could give Rangers a game to be honest.
14 wins in a row for Walton.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-League 22/23 on 16:47 - Apr 3 with 2913 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Edit: wrong thread again
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 16:48]
Non-League 22/23 on 08:52 - Apr 5 with 2821 viewstoboboly

Berkhamsted do a quality burger as I found out yesterday

edit

[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 9:10]

Non-League 22/23 on 09:08 - Apr 5 with 2810 viewsTelford_QPR

My local team, AFC Telford Utd, where I go when not at Rangers were officially relegated last night from the National Northern league so will be in Tier 7 next season. Just hoping I will not be witnessing both my teams relegated in the same season 🤦‍♂️
Non-League 22/23 on 09:23 - Apr 5 with 2791 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 09:08 - Apr 5 by Telford_QPR

My local team, AFC Telford Utd, where I go when not at Rangers were officially relegated last night from the National Northern league so will be in Tier 7 next season. Just hoping I will not be witnessing both my teams relegated in the same season 🤦‍♂️

Sorry to hear that. They will replace Belper, who were officially relegated from the Northern PL last night as well. South Shields have been on a poor run of late but still hold quite a lead in that division.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:08 - Apr 5 with 2767 viewsSharpediver

Non-League 22/23 on 09:23 - Apr 5 by ozranger

Sorry to hear that. They will replace Belper, who were officially relegated from the Northern PL last night as well. South Shields have been on a poor run of late but still hold quite a lead in that division.

Sorry to hear too and feel your plight. My team, Slough Town, similarly been in a relegation battle all season. However, we've been making a real fight of it since Christmas under young, player manager, Scott Davies and unlike Rangers, the team has battled valiantly for every point gained since then. We've got a five point gap from the drop zone and a decent run in for the last 5 matches so I think we'll have enough to survive, but what a season this has been. Really looking forward to the end of it. Hopefully, the R's can creep over the line and salvage something for you at least.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 11:09]
Non-League 22/23 (n/t) on 19:58 - Apr 5 with 2701 viewsKernowQPR

Non-League 22/23 on 11:50 - Mar 28 by DannyPaddox

Sorry to hear St. Just FC has folded. Can this be true? It was only a village team. They were the local rivals when I played in the all conquering St. Buryan team of the mid 90s (2 league and cup doubles - proper job!) We’d always smash Mousehole. There’s a story to Mousehole these days. I’ve heard they’ve come into money and are a sort of last-chance saloon for players that haven’t made the grade at the big-club professional academies. Which is an interesting concept but it has meant they don’t really have a connection with the village anymore. They tried to merge with Penzance before lockdown but it was clearly an attempt to get hold of Penlee Park - the best ground in the Penwith district. The episode didn’t go down to well locally and further entrenched Mousehole FC as not representing the local community. If I’m wrong on this and someone is more in the know let us know. I’m not so in touch with my old Cornish mates these days. As for Penzance, I played a handful of games for them too though I’m still waiting to be inducted into the Forever Pee’s club or whatever it may be called.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:51 - Apr 11 with 2572 viewstoboboly

After the meh of Good Friday I managed to get to a few games, a fairly dire 0-0 on Saturday between Cannons Wood and Wivenhoe at Broxbourne's old ground in Goff's Oak.

Then yesterday managed a double of Frimley Green v Tadley Callever (1-3) and Bracknell Town v Beaconsfield Town (3-1).

Met a load of R's at Frimley, none of us thought we would get anything from WBA!

Non-League 22/23 on 10:00 - Apr 19 with 2423 viewstoboboly

Managed to sneak to Redhill last night, bloody cold.

Gonna try and head to Southend Manor this Saturday, they conceded 8 last night and have been relegated already

Non-League 22/23 on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 2342 viewsterryb

And congratulations to Ipswich Wanderers on being Eastern Counties League champions.

Undoubtedly the best side in the history of the club (and probably the best paid!). Twenty years ago when I was secretary, they were relegated to EC Division One & I've never envisaged that they could reach the heights of the Isthmian League. Hopefully they can carry out the ground improvements & make it more than one season at level 4!
Non-League 22/23 on 16:22 - Apr 25 with 2206 viewsWokingR

Come on Woking!
Massive game tonight if they are hoping for a seeded route into the playoffs.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:31 - May 7 with 1970 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Saw Clapton CFC lift the Middlesex Premiership trophy as champions yesterday.
Non-League 22/23 on 16:50 - May 15 with 1789 viewsozranger

The 2023-24 allocations for all non-league divisions has come out. The one surprise is the reprieve that Harrow Borough got (again).

https://fanbanter.co.uk/the-fa-announce-2023-24-club-allocations-for-non-league/

I'll be keeping an eye on Mousehole, only the second Cornish side to reach Step 4 or higher. The other is Truro. There will be some rather long journeys in that league.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:13 - May 16 with 1603 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 16:50 - May 15 by ozranger

The 2023-24 allocations for all non-league divisions has come out. The one surprise is the reprieve that Harrow Borough got (again).

https://fanbanter.co.uk/the-fa-announce-2023-24-club-allocations-for-non-league/

I'll be keeping an eye on Mousehole, only the second Cornish side to reach Step 4 or higher. The other is Truro. There will be some rather long journeys in that league.

Thanks oz.

The Mousehole rise up the pyramid is quite incredible, but I assume money has played it's part. Truro haven't played in Cornwall for quite a few seasons now & I think that work is still to start at their new "home".

When I visit my brother in Cornwall we often tour the county on the buses. It is very apparent that there are far more football than rugby pitches dotted around. Apart from in the Cambourne, Redruth & Penzance area. Mousehole might give Penzance a rehink though!

Norfolk has a club that has shot up the leagues as well. Heacham FC, from near Kings Lynn, have just celebrated their 8th sucessive promotion! Rising from the West Norfolk League, through the Anglian Combination & are now in the Eastern Counties Premier. I think one or two players hace been with them throughout.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 9:20]
Non-League 22/23 on 12:38 - May 16 with 1546 viewsTheChef

Non-League 22/23 on 09:13 - May 16 by terryb

Thanks oz.

The Mousehole rise up the pyramid is quite incredible, but I assume money has played it's part. Truro haven't played in Cornwall for quite a few seasons now & I think that work is still to start at their new "home".

When I visit my brother in Cornwall we often tour the county on the buses. It is very apparent that there are far more football than rugby pitches dotted around. Apart from in the Cambourne, Redruth & Penzance area. Mousehole might give Penzance a rehink though!

Norfolk has a club that has shot up the leagues as well. Heacham FC, from near Kings Lynn, have just celebrated their 8th sucessive promotion! Rising from the West Norfolk League, through the Anglian Combination & are now in the Eastern Counties Premier. I think one or two players hace been with them throughout.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 9:20]

Hashtag United now in the Isthmian Premier

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Non-League 22/23 on 11:28 - May 18 with 1430 viewstoboboly

Anyone heading to non-league finals this Sunday?

Starting to see pre-season friendlies advertised for next season - exciting :)

Non-League 22/23 on 16:25 - Jun 5 with 1201 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Probably one for the 23/24 thread.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bury-fc-ret
Non-League 22/23 on 19:02 - Jun 10 with 1027 viewsaston_hoop

Probably belongs here, might be a new ground for some of you to tick off

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024