Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League 22/23 10:24 - Jul 2 with 43222 viewstoboboly

Thought we could have a season long non-league thread, I know a few people on here are keen on groundhopping.

After Hillingdon Borough cancelled last minute last week I am heading to Raynes Park Vale v QPR XI today. Not a new ground but always good to make a ground tick "hooped" by watching QPR there.

Anyone else heading to a game today?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:45 - Dec 14 with 2901 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 09:39 - Dec 14 by toboboly

Nothing midweek due to strikes and weather. And I can see the weekend being a struggle for many non-league teams.

Had been hoping to do Berkhamsted but strike makes that a no go. Cannons Wood have recently left Harlow due to the pitch and are now not too far and play at Goffs Oak, could be a winner.

Anyone not going to PNE thinking of a non-league game this weekend?

Mentioning Harlow, I don't know if you're aware that Harlow Town resigned from the Southern League last week with immediate effect.

That is a large town to not have a club in the top eight divisions of football. I don't know if they were using the same ground I visited nerly sixty years ago, an athletics track?
Non-League 22/23 on 10:29 - Dec 14 with 2866 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 17:25 - Dec 7 by toboboly

Went to Biggleswade v Harlow last night, 8 goals, a red, a defender in goal after a keeper injury, it had the lot. If it hadn't had been for the absolute $hit trains making an hour long journey take 2 hours it would have been a great night.

However Harlow then curtailed their season and resigned from the league due to their incredibly poorly laid 3g pitch - surely they can sue whoever laid it for them?

https://www.harlowtownfootballclub.co.uk/news/club-statement-2747684.html

Don't worry Terry - we had it covered! I had only watched them getting hit for 6 the night before as well!

edit: no I think it is a fairly new ground, no running track.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Harlow+Town+Football+Club/@51.7711215,0.068431
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 10:30]

Non-League 22/23 on 09:24 - Jan 4 with 2777 viewstoboboly

Unfortunately pre-Xmas was a freeze out and very few games between Xmas and the New Year. I did manage to head to Fanrnborough on NY Day and then Hayes & Yeadings new ground for a double up with our game on the 2nd.

No games this week as the train strikes have gotten in the way. Anyone manage to get to anything? Any plans for the coming weekend for those not braving the 14 hour Fleetwood coach?

Oh and as a side note, ex-England manager Peter Taylor is now managing Maldon & Tiptree as you do:

Non-League 22/23 on 09:25 - Jan 10 with 2669 viewstoboboly

After the Fleetwood debacle I am heading down Charlton way for the big rivalry - Bridon Ropes v Meridian VP in the SCEFL this Saturday.

Anyone heading out to watch local (and hopefully beat the wet weather)?

Non-League 22/23 on 09:31 - Jan 10 with 2645 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I went to Hendon FC the other weekend who groundshare with Edgware in Kingsbury. It was a tad chilly but a nice ground with a refurbished clubhouse and a plastic pitch.

The Football was not so good, our former Polish keeper Marcin B (I aint spelling his surname) was in goal for them.

There was a funny Scots chap absolutely laying into their keeper but it was old school harmless banter. I really enjoyed it though I was half frozen by the end.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Non-League 22/23 on 11:11 - Jan 22 with 2496 viewsRebalhoop

Last 3 Slough Town have been entertaining
Home to Oxford City,2 nil down,drew 2-2
Away Tonbrdge,3nil down at half time,drew3-3
Yesterday home to Dulwich 4-1 up,managed to hold on for a 4-3 win.
Any local R’s get down to Arbour Park,because like most/all non league sides The Rebels are struggling financially,and need the locals to get behind them.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:53 - Jan 22 with 2443 viewsdistortR

I'd been looking forward to FC IOM v Vauxhall Motors, revenge is a dish best served cold in the Bowl.
Didn't go in the end, because the ravens are bloody awful and they are top of the league, and I couldn't face it.
Turns out, it was a good decision.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:55 - Jan 22 with 2400 viewsSharpediver

I was there yesterday rebalhoop. Cracking game, delighted we held on for the 3 points too. And just under 1000 gate. Was like old, pre-pandemic times.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-League 22/23 on 08:29 - Jan 24 with 2312 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 09:31 - Jan 10 by Metallica_Hoop

I went to Hendon FC the other weekend who groundshare with Edgware in Kingsbury. It was a tad chilly but a nice ground with a refurbished clubhouse and a plastic pitch.

The Football was not so good, our former Polish keeper Marcin B (I aint spelling his surname) was in goal for them.

There was a funny Scots chap absolutely laying into their keeper but it was old school harmless banter. I really enjoyed it though I was half frozen by the end.

Just seen a twitter post that he (Marcin) is looking for a club atm

Was hoping to go to Wingate & Finchley v the mighty K's tonight but not sure it will pass a pitch inspection.

A lot of games moved to tomorrow to try and beat the weather
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 8:31]

Non-League 22/23 on 08:36 - Jan 24 with 2296 viewsTheChef

Non-League 22/23 on 08:29 - Jan 24 by toboboly

Just seen a twitter post that he (Marcin) is looking for a club atm

Was hoping to go to Wingate & Finchley v the mighty K's tonight but not sure it will pass a pitch inspection.

A lot of games moved to tomorrow to try and beat the weather
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 8:31]

Wingate was off last Tuesday night - but not as cold today so hopefully might still go ahead? Although I can't make tonight sadly.

I was there a couple of weeks ago when they smashed Dulwich Hamlet 5-1. Marching into the London Senior Cup semi finals.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Non-League 22/23 on 08:39 - Jan 24 with 2294 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 08:36 - Jan 24 by TheChef

Wingate was off last Tuesday night - but not as cold today so hopefully might still go ahead? Although I can't make tonight sadly.

I was there a couple of weeks ago when they smashed Dulwich Hamlet 5-1. Marching into the London Senior Cup semi finals.

Booooooooooo, Wingate suck

Non-League 22/23 on 13:40 - Jan 27 with 2196 viewstoboboly

Heading to Takely v Saffron Walden tomorrow

Non-League 22/23 on 14:00 - Jan 27 with 2165 viewsR_from_afar

Some of you may have heard about this but a minnow which plays in the West of Scotland League Premier Division, Darvel, just achieved one of the greatest every giant killings in Scottish football history. Highlights below.

Mrs R from Afar is Scottish and without consulting any references sources, informed me that:
- Darvel is near Kilmarnock, towards the west coast
- It used to be a centre for lace making
- Sir Alexander Fleming, who discovered penicillin, was born there.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Non-League 22/23 on 14:31 - Jan 27 with 2144 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 14:00 - Jan 27 by R_from_afar

Some of you may have heard about this but a minnow which plays in the West of Scotland League Premier Division, Darvel, just achieved one of the greatest every giant killings in Scottish football history. Highlights below.

Mrs R from Afar is Scottish and without consulting any references sources, informed me that:
- Darvel is near Kilmarnock, towards the west coast
- It used to be a centre for lace making
- Sir Alexander Fleming, who discovered penicillin, was born there.

Thank you. I enjoyed watching that.

Darvel put a few good moves together & the goalkeeper was exceptional, but my biggest observation is how good the pitch was! A superb surface to play on.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:43 - Jan 31 with 2072 viewstoboboly

Gonna head to Stansfeld v Glebe tonight, grudge match between tenant and landlord.

Non-League 22/23 on 12:35 - Feb 2 with 1959 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 10:46 - Feb 3 with 1894 viewstoboboly

A lot of engineering works on trains in/around London this weekend has scuppered a few possible games. Will probably head to the London Trophy match between Stonewall FC and Tooting Bec FC at the ground next to the Olympic Stadium.

Non-League 22/23 on 10:55 - Feb 3 with 1886 viewsTheChef

Non-League 22/23 on 10:46 - Feb 3 by toboboly

A lot of engineering works on trains in/around London this weekend has scuppered a few possible games. Will probably head to the London Trophy match between Stonewall FC and Tooting Bec FC at the ground next to the Olympic Stadium.

Was hoping to go to Wingate tomorrow but events have conspired against me and I will need to go to the tip down the road from the Rebak instead!! :(

Non-League 22/23 on 08:49 - Feb 8 with 1805 viewstoboboly

Saw K's get torn apart by Raynes Park Vale last night. Lost 4-1. K's copying QPR's terrible run where I think it is 1 win in 10 and only 7 goals scored to 27 conceded in that time. The club is dying on it's arse.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:02 - Feb 8 with 1782 viewsTheChef

Non-League 22/23 on 10:55 - Feb 3 by TheChef

Was hoping to go to Wingate tomorrow but events have conspired against me and I will need to go to the tip down the road from the Rebak instead!! :(

You'll be pleased to hear I managed to combine a trip to the tip and the Wingate game as well (seeing as they're both on the same road) Got there half an hour late and just walked through the gate for free. Wingate had already scored against the mighty Cray Wanderers, the second half was about as one sided as you could imagine as they clung on to a 1-0 win.

Their home game v 'Ornchurch got postponed last night due to a frozen goalmouth!!

Non-League 22/23 on 09:04 - Feb 8 with 1773 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 09:02 - Feb 8 by TheChef

You'll be pleased to hear I managed to combine a trip to the tip and the Wingate game as well (seeing as they're both on the same road) Got there half an hour late and just walked through the gate for free. Wingate had already scored against the mighty Cray Wanderers, the second half was about as one sided as you could imagine as they clung on to a 1-0 win.

Their home game v 'Ornchurch got postponed last night due to a frozen goalmouth!!

When I went the other week to see Wingate v K's I was surprised it went ahead - the subs sounded like they were warming up on concrete!

Non-League 22/23 on 09:06 - Feb 8 with 1767 viewsTheChef

Non-League 22/23 on 09:04 - Feb 8 by toboboly

When I went the other week to see Wingate v K's I was surprised it went ahead - the subs sounded like they were warming up on concrete!

Hmmm seems it very much depends on the ref!

Non-League 22/23 on 09:18 - Feb 15 with 1669 viewstoboboly

Shame we weren't at Wingate last night

Non-League 22/23 on 09:18 - Feb 15 with 1668 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 10:15 - Feb 15 with 1642 viewsTheChef

Non-League 22/23 on 09:18 - Feb 15 by toboboly

Shame we weren't at Wingate last night

Yeah I went to the wrong facking game!!

See it is possible to be 3-0 down with eight minutes left and still win...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024