Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Brierley extends his contract 17:19 - Jul 7 with 4039 viewsSuddenLad

Great news !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 17:28 - Jul 7 with 3986 viewsboromat

Brilliant news for the club and Ethan.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 17:55 - Jul 7 with 3865 viewsjonahwhereru

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 17:28 - Jul 7 by boromat

Brilliant news for the club and Ethan.

Pleased for all parties, but I just hope the fans keep a check on their expectations of him. Because he was a Sandy Laner many supporters feel even more invested in his future than other squad members. I just hope they remember that Morley did not make big strides until his third year.
It does protect his value, provide the board haven’t allowed a silly money release clause.
Well done Ethan.
Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 18:16 - Jul 7 with 3778 viewsboromat

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 17:55 - Jul 7 by jonahwhereru

Pleased for all parties, but I just hope the fans keep a check on their expectations of him. Because he was a Sandy Laner many supporters feel even more invested in his future than other squad members. I just hope they remember that Morley did not make big strides until his third year.
It does protect his value, provide the board haven’t allowed a silly money release clause.
Well done Ethan.

I agree lots of fans line ups knocking around with him as a starter. He'll get games this season but I don't expect him to play week in week out. Bit of patience needed.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 18:33 - Jul 7 with 3735 viewselectricblue

Great news and even better for Ethan.
These next two seasons should see him develop more in his game......

I can see him being a wanted player....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 19:07 - Jul 7 with 3635 views442Dale

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 17:55 - Jul 7 by jonahwhereru

Well done Ethan.

Not expecting him to have to play every week but as a player he’s much further on than Morley was at the same age, his game awareness especially. The similarities, if they have to be made, are with Jamie Allen who immediately became a regular member of the first team squad after breaking through.

It’s not adding pressure to recognise the obvious qualities or a player, irrespective of age. That pass for Done to score at Newport is enough evidence for now.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 19:11]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 19:52 - Jul 7 with 3496 viewsmikehunt

Yes Well pleased with this. Cheers Ethan.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 22:42 - Jul 7 with 3187 viewsRAFCBLUE

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 19:07 - Jul 7 by 442Dale

Not expecting him to have to play every week but as a player he’s much further on than Morley was at the same age, his game awareness especially. The similarities, if they have to be made, are with Jamie Allen who immediately became a regular member of the first team squad after breaking through.

It’s not adding pressure to recognise the obvious qualities or a player, irrespective of age. That pass for Done to score at Newport is enough evidence for now.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 19:11]

Great news for Ethan; great news for the club.

Diagouraga has a role to play here too IMO; good players and young players need a "minder" in League 2.

The best bit - the academy production line, which was disrupted for a while, is now back up and running.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 22:56 - Jul 7 with 3135 views442Dale

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 22:42 - Jul 7 by RAFCBLUE

Great news for Ethan; great news for the club.

Diagouraga has a role to play here too IMO; good players and young players need a "minder" in League 2.

The best bit - the academy production line, which was disrupted for a while, is now back up and running.

Wouldn’t ever say we’ve had a production line from the academy, more that it’s been some successes that have been interspersed with the odd ‘he’s ok’.

The Allen/Camps/Cannon era was probably the most successful but that’s going back 8 years or so since they all came through. Since then Morley is probably the only one who has contributed regularly in the first team, with Matheson and Adshead being bit part players who we have probably done really well out of considering their progression since.

Apart from those, and I may have missed another one or two, we’ve not regularly produced players that consistently appear at first team level for the club from the academy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 07:30 - Jul 8 with 2914 viewsTipperaryDale

Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 22:56 - Jul 7 by 442Dale

Wouldn’t ever say we’ve had a production line from the academy, more that it’s been some successes that have been interspersed with the odd ‘he’s ok’.

The Allen/Camps/Cannon era was probably the most successful but that’s going back 8 years or so since they all came through. Since then Morley is probably the only one who has contributed regularly in the first team, with Matheson and Adshead being bit part players who we have probably done really well out of considering their progression since.

Apart from those, and I may have missed another one or two, we’ve not regularly produced players that consistently appear at first team level for the club from the academy.

We had Connor Ronan as well roughly at that same time - so many good midfielders have come through, it's seems to be a bit of a speciality. The odd forward might not go amiss!

Tavares was in and about the first team but moved on before we saw much of him.

There are very few clubs who have a genuine production line of youth talent, especially at our level. Crewe used to have it, but not so much any more. We're doing well to get 1 a season.
Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 11:50 - Jul 8 with 2647 viewsEllDale

Can we count Baah as an Academy product?
Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 12:09 - Jul 8 with 2564 viewsTipperaryDale

Baah signed as a 2 yr scholar with the youth team, so basically the final stage of schooling before pro terms get offered; not sure you could call him a product, but then again, most of this season's first year scholars have joined from other clubs as well...
Ethan Brierley extends his contract on 12:34 - Jul 8 with 2510 viewsEllDale

I noticed that too, including one lad from Maidstone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024