Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Party time!!! ;) 11:51 - Jul 11 with 8861 viewsrkershaw

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1136218248?-1906:1007
Party time!!! ;) on 12:44 - Jul 11 with 7164 viewsnordenblue

Be more surprised if we hadn't gone in for him, even more so having seen who else we had playing up front at Chester on trial...
Party time!!! ;) (n/t) on 12:50 - Jul 11 with 7144 viewsdeeplishblue

[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 12:50]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Party time!!! ;) on 12:54 - Jul 11 with 7081 viewsBrierls

Party time!!! ;) on 12:44 - Jul 11 by nordenblue

Be more surprised if we hadn't gone in for him, even more so having seen who else we had playing up front at Chester on trial...

Indeed. If we're open to 37 year old strikers, Leon Clarke wouldn't be the one I'd like looking at!
Party time!!! ;) on 13:03 - Jul 11 with 7032 viewsdale5758

after the mess created by bot bot and bbm we should be doing whatever it takes to bring back the legend Hendo

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Party time!!! ;) on 13:17 - Jul 11 with 6917 views1949er

Hendo,s coming home

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Party time!!! ;) on 13:41 - Jul 11 with 6804 viewsDale92

Party time!!! ;) on 13:17 - Jul 11 by 1949er

Hendo,s coming home

If, and I do hope we do sign him and if he does sign its seems inevitable he becomes our leading ever goalscorer. How would we honour it? Does the deserve a statue/stand? Or just a pic in the bar?

This is the One, I've waited for

Party time!!! ;) on 13:52 - Jul 11 with 6691 viewsD_Alien

Party time!!! ;) on 13:41 - Jul 11 by Dale92

If, and I do hope we do sign him and if he does sign its seems inevitable he becomes our leading ever goalscorer. How would we honour it? Does the deserve a statue/stand? Or just a pic in the bar?

I hope we sign him too, and if he becomes our leading scorer he should be accorded the same recognition that Reg Jenkins has...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Party time!!! ;) on 17:13 - Jul 11 with 6166 viewsBlueMessiah

I say get him in on a 12 month deal if we're able to. Even if we can only get a few matches out of him to get him over the line - I'm sure his influence on the dressing room and the younger players will be immeasurable.

We got a brilliant 18 months or so (from memory) out of Tony Ellis when he came to us in his latter playing days, but look at the positive effect he's had on the club since.

As mentioned above - if it's 37 year old strikers we're considering, then there's only one that I would want.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Login to get fewer ads

Party time!!! ;) on 17:55 - Jul 11 with 6025 viewsTomRAFC

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. It's the same childish excitement I felt when Holt came back. It would also be a symbolic two fingers to Bottomley.

We've got a strike force that are still developing and a bit inconsistent. If we want a senior pro to mentor them towards being well rounded consistent strikers, Hendo is one of the best there's been.

He might not be fit every game but neither was Steven Davies, and he was an asset at times.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 17:59]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Party time!!! ;) on 18:08 - Jul 11 with 5952 viewsAtThePeake

Party time!!! ;) on 17:55 - Jul 11 by TomRAFC

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. It's the same childish excitement I felt when Holt came back. It would also be a symbolic two fingers to Bottomley.

We've got a strike force that are still developing and a bit inconsistent. If we want a senior pro to mentor them towards being well rounded consistent strikers, Hendo is one of the best there's been.

He might not be fit every game but neither was Steven Davies, and he was an asset at times.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 17:59]

Re: the final point about Davies I was thinking about this before.

He surely won't be fit enough to start every game, but in terms of being able to come off the bench to get a goal when needed, I don't think that realistically there would be too many players available with the kind of intelligence and mentality of a Henderson to do exactly that. He'll start plenty too, of course, but as an option off the bench I can't think of many who would do that role better.

Tangled up in blue.

Party time!!! ;) on 19:11 - Jul 11 with 5732 viewsEllDale

Does it make sense though to have one of your presumably higher paid players operating partly off the bench though?
If a player is on good brass I would want him starting as many games as possible.
Party time!!! ;) on 19:18 - Jul 11 with 5684 viewsJames1980

Party time!!! ;) on 19:11 - Jul 11 by EllDale

Does it make sense though to have one of your presumably higher paid players operating partly off the bench though?
If a player is on good brass I would want him starting as many games as possible.

Shame he isn't interested in coaching, unless that has changed.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Party time!!! ;) on 19:25 - Jul 11 with 5652 viewsjudd

Could say the same for a former Chairman

Poll: What is it to be then?

Party time!!! ;) on 19:56 - Jul 11 with 5491 viewsTVOS1907

We've had that with Matt Done in recent seasons. Only Calvin made more sub appearances for the club.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Party time!!! ;) on 20:14 - Jul 11 with 5410 viewsEllDale

I thought about making a direct comparison with Matt Done but bottled it!
His name can be a bit of a trigger on here!
Party time!!! ;) on 07:10 - Jul 12 with 4852 viewspnc4eva1

It'd be a no from me. Although a great servant of the club I feel he would not be of the same calibre of the player who left. Injuries and age will have taken their toll.

Hendo played the last man and was often caught offside. With greater age his ability to play that way would be harder.

I would prefer a bigger forward to compliment what we already have

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Party time!!! ;) on 07:44 - Jul 12 with 4781 viewsDale_4_Life

I am Torn...

I guess it boils down to Robbie Stockdale he must view any signing as good for the team. and adds improvement to what we already have.

My head says no thanks but my heart says yes please! Good job I am not the manager!
Party time!!! ;) on 08:03 - Jul 12 with 4739 viewsrkershaw

Party time!!! ;) on 07:10 - Jul 12 by pnc4eva1

It'd be a no from me. Although a great servant of the club I feel he would not be of the same calibre of the player who left. Injuries and age will have taken their toll.

Hendo played the last man and was often caught offside. With greater age his ability to play that way would be harder.

I would prefer a bigger forward to compliment what we already have

I've always maintained that we needed a 'fox in the box' /smaller striker to compliment our x3 @ 6ft + strikers....for his size Hendo is the best 'hold up'forward I've seen at this level with the exception of COG who is twice his size....just a matter of opinion I suppose!!
Party time!!! ;) on 08:16 - Jul 12 with 4711 viewsfrenzied

im not sure...he was a fine servant to the club

I think he'd bring much more guille and know how to the front lads just wonder how he would fit in either a midfield role or just behind the front two.

In RS we trust
Party time!!! ;) on 09:26 - Jul 12 with 4549 viewsEllDale

I'm quite relaxed about this. I trust the manager to make the right decision.
How many Hendo fans on here would be up in arms though if, as was suggested for Paul Downing, he was offered an incentivised contract based on matches played?
And would the clamour for his return be more muted if the player was 30 goals behind Reg's record rather than within touching distance of it?
Party time!!! ;) on 10:00 - Jul 12 with 4441 viewsAtThePeake

I might be wrong, but I don't think he'll be one of the higher paid players at this stage of his career.

Tangled up in blue.

Party time!!! ;) on 10:03 - Jul 12 with 4411 viewsDaleiLama

Party time!!! ;) on 10:00 - Jul 12 by AtThePeake

I might be wrong, but I don't think he'll be one of the higher paid players at this stage of his career.

............ and what price goals?! We can't go another season making chances galore and not putting enough of them away.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Party time!!! ;) on 11:17 - Jul 12 with 4162 viewsfitzochris

Party time!!! ;) on 19:25 - Jul 11 by judd

Could say the same for a former Chairman

Chortle.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Party time!!! ;) on 11:48 - Jul 12 with 4009 viewsrichfoad32

Before getting too giddy (or not), does anybody know how accurate or reliable stories from this Football League World tend to be?
Party time!!! ;) on 11:51 - Jul 12 with 3971 viewsfitzochris

Party time!!! ;) on 11:48 - Jul 12 by richfoad32

Before getting too giddy (or not), does anybody know how accurate or reliable stories from this Football League World tend to be?

They get fed by agents, so always an agenda, but they don't make stuff up like the rest of those sites.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024