Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon Match Thread.. 09:17 - Aug 19 with 39610 viewsdale1968

So with the late dismissal yesterday of the management duo I would not even begin to try and asess tommorrows game, or even who will run the show from the dugout.
I hope that we can break our pts duck and come back north with something more positive.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:54 - Aug 20 with 2931 viewselectricblue

A little bit more luck up front and Dale could have scored....
Starting to create chances now but the rest of the play like from the back to the midfield is awful.
To many short passes and back passes, no urgency aswell.....
Cameron John is a bit of a liabilty in ths game....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:55 - Aug 20 with 2913 viewsNigeriamark

Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:44 - Aug 20 by oddjob007

Haven’t played too badly after the first half hour.

If we only look at the away games, it has been an improvement, but there wasn't much to beat. They have had 13 shots to our 2 with 5 on target to our nil. However the Odoh chance should have leveled it albeit undeserved. Still fuming at the opening goal.

Our keeper is putting in another good game and has kept us in it. Not expecting much but while there is only a goal in it who knows
Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:58 - Aug 20 with 2854 viewsSunningDale

Slightly better, but that's not saying much. We are a very, very poor team. All three centre halves have got a cock up in them, Nelson cost us but the other two have got away with it so far. EEL is a shadow of the player from his loan spell. O'Donnell has done OK with saves you would expect him to make. Midfield is slow and uninspiring and only just realised Hendo is playing.

The new man had better be a miracle worker.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:00 - Aug 20 with 2814 viewsSaxonDale

This is a very decent Swindon team but I think we’re doing OK. Well done to Jim for changing formation and I think we’re doing ok in patches. I think through a combination of poor recruitment and low confidence our defence in particular looks worrying- I think that needs to be a priority between now and the end of the window even if it means sending Nelson back.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:00 - Aug 20 with 2784 viewsClivert

Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:54 - Aug 20 by electricblue

A little bit more luck up front and Dale could have scored....
Starting to create chances now but the rest of the play like from the back to the midfield is awful.
To many short passes and back passes, no urgency aswell.....
Cameron John is a bit of a liabilty in ths game....

Our final ball has been woeful but I guess that could come down to confidence.

We look really shakey playing out from the back also, you can see another self inflicted error leading to a second Swindon goal.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:01 - Aug 20 with 2778 viewsfourfourtwo

The last 11/12 days of this transfer window could prove to be huge.

Is it possible to send back some loans and replace & potentially loan out some of the deadwood in the squad.

It’s a hell of a lot to ask of the new manager, but we’re in a really fortunate position that we have removed Robbie before the window closed.

Interesting times.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:06 - Aug 20 with 2677 viewsdingdangblue

Swindon Match Thread.. on 15:31 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

One simple instruction - about leaving a player upfield at corners

Revising our corner drills in one day? Don't be silly - but still needs sorting

I don't know anything about coaching zonal but could it be that in the zonal handbook you don't leave anyone upfield? If you man mark you can leave players upfield? Like I said I don't know anything about it - but I would rather leave 2 up so they leave 3 back. Surely less people in our area would help.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:11 - Aug 20 with 2601 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:06 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

I don't know anything about coaching zonal but could it be that in the zonal handbook you don't leave anyone upfield? If you man mark you can leave players upfield? Like I said I don't know anything about it - but I would rather leave 2 up so they leave 3 back. Surely less people in our area would help.

It's possible, but when you have Kelly in the team, keeping him out of the area by leaving him upfield can only improve matters, whatever any coaching manual says

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:13 - Aug 20 with 2583 viewsSuddenLad

2-0

Terrible sloppy passing gave the ball away and they score on the break, with a great through ball, opened us up like a kipper and Williams buried it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 16:15]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:15 - Aug 20 with 2501 viewsNigeriamark

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:13 - Aug 20 by SuddenLad

2-0

Terrible sloppy passing gave the ball away and they score on the break, with a great through ball, opened us up like a kipper and Williams buried it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 16:15]

Poor pass by Ball in midfield sets them up. 1st time pass leaves a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Their player moves to the keepers right & another Swindon player slots it into an empty net
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:15 - Aug 20 with 2489 viewsRotherhamDale

Ball is absolutely hopeless

Possession with progression.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:20 - Aug 20 with 2330 viewsdawlishdale

An awful pass by ball and they romp right through us to double the lead. Its a more accurate reflection on play.

Wholesale improvement throughout needed and a back to the drawing board approach to our tactics.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:25 - Aug 20 with 2174 viewsKenBoon

Whoever comes in needs to have more contacts than Arthur Daley and a doctorate in shape-shifting Football squads.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:26 - Aug 20 with 2156 viewsSuddenLad

He gets worse as the game goes on. Shocking again today.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:27 - Aug 20 with 2126 viewsFrog

Jesus, this is hard to watch, bloody depressing.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:29 - Aug 20 with 2081 viewsBazzanne

Boring and clueless.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 2035 viewsSunningDale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:27 - Aug 20 by Frog

Jesus, this is hard to watch, bloody depressing.

Is anyone still of the opinion that with a new manager and change of formation we have the quality to start climbing the table? And we haven't played anyone good yet! I really fear for us.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 2022 viewsBleuRochdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:29 - Aug 20 by Bazzanne

Boring and clueless.

I really hope I am wrong, but I don't think this group of players can keep us up this season, regardless of who comes through the door.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:32 - Aug 20 with 1980 viewselectricblue

Watching yet another poor performence reiterates the board have to get the right man in who can get the team organised.

It is so awful to see the players devoid of all confidence and it makes me think if and when will those 3pts materialise and at present it is hard to guess...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:32 - Aug 20 with 1979 viewsFrog

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:31 - Aug 20 by BleuRochdale

I really hope I am wrong, but I don't think this group of players can keep us up this season, regardless of who comes through the door.

Unfortunately I agree.

Hold on, substitutions!
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:36 - Aug 20 with 1860 views442Dale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:32 - Aug 20 by Frog

Unfortunately I agree.

Hold on, substitutions!

Possibly to four at the back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 1843 viewsbeat_the_bishop

If I was an unemployed manager I really wouldn’t want this squad and club on my CV. Quite possibly the worst squad of players assembled, the dregs of the barrel. On par with Scunthorpe of last year.

Slow, no football brains, no underbelly and no leadership. Sad times.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 1832 viewsBarrowdale

Still no shots on target
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:39 - Aug 20 with 1759 viewsBleuRochdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:37 - Aug 20 by beat_the_bishop

If I was an unemployed manager I really wouldn’t want this squad and club on my CV. Quite possibly the worst squad of players assembled, the dregs of the barrel. On par with Scunthorpe of last year.

Slow, no football brains, no underbelly and no leadership. Sad times.

Scunthorpe picked up 26 points last season. I am struggling to see where 26 points will come from this season for us.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:44 - Aug 20 with 1629 viewsSuddenLad

3-0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024