Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon Match Thread.. 09:17 - Aug 19 with 39297 viewsdale1968

So with the late dismissal yesterday of the management duo I would not even begin to try and asess tommorrows game, or even who will run the show from the dugout.
I hope that we can break our pts duck and come back north with something more positive.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:45 - Aug 20 with 2427 viewsHullDale

3-0.

This weekend is rock bottom, it has to be.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:45 - Aug 20 with 2424 viewselectricblue

Listening to the swindon match commentators and they where saying that the Rochdale players dont seem to be able to play the passing game, round pegs square holes.
He is quite right.

Dale need to be more direct Rodney likes a ball played over him and he is physical aswell, the sooner charman is fit the better as he can play up and push onto the CB with Rodney.

Dale need to ne more physical in middle......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:46 - Aug 20 with 2372 viewsSunningDale

I guess this puts to bed any theories that the players just weren't playing for Stockdale.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 2312 viewsFrog

I can't understand anyone paying to watch this carp.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 2309 views442Dale

There have been glimpses the squad has enough about it to get results. In the cold light of day there needs to be some analysis of it though.

The Tulloch signing has added further clutter to the forward area that is well stocked with Charman and Campbell to return - two players we paid money for.

The midfield is short. Ball is woefully out of form and needs a break, Kelly and Brierley aren’t impacting games.

The defence isn’t that bad, especially as Taylor is still to play and even Graham has done ok in his appearances so far.

The opportunities lie within how flexible the loans are. You’d hope most have clauses which allow them to return to parent clubs in a situation where they may not see game time, especially under a new manager. If so, Tulloch and Nelson could leave and we wouldn’t be any worse off. From there look to bring in a midfielder and a full back which would immediately give us more balance.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:48 - Aug 20 with 2254 viewsNigeriamark

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:44 - Aug 20 by SuddenLad

3-0

Our keeper had just made a great save after being left 1 on 1. The ball went up to their box where the keeper gathered a cross. In less than 20 seconds it was in our net. Route 1 wiped out our defense. Their forward headed over our lest defender leaving yet another 1 on 1 & the other forward rifles home from about 8 yards out

Garbage
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:49 - Aug 20 with 2233 viewsDaleFan7

It doesn't matter who comes through the door, these players aren't good enough and most of them just aren't bothered enough.

The team doesn't have a spine which it can rely on and most of the players don't have their own backbone either.

We'll struggle to get 25 points, never mind 50.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:49 - Aug 20 with 2212 viewsBleuRochdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:46 - Aug 20 by SunningDale

I guess this puts to bed any theories that the players just weren't playing for Stockdale.

They are just bad players. Stockdale's recruitment is what has cost him. I don't doubt he is a decent coach.
Login to get fewer ads

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:50 - Aug 20 with 2211 viewsmightydale

Hope the fans who wanted to keep Stockdale end of last season and shouted down fans who wanted him out, realise now they've put the club league status in serious jeopardy.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 2118 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:50 - Aug 20 by mightydale

Hope the fans who wanted to keep Stockdale end of last season and shouted down fans who wanted him out, realise now they've put the club league status in serious jeopardy.

Fans don't sack the manager, and there's no way the board was going to sack Stockdale at the end of last season even with fan pressure

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:55 - Aug 20 with 2022 views442Dale

Not sure how being divisive within the fan base will help. Any fan would have offered an opinion on what they saw, they certainly had no impact on where we are now.

Back to the management situation, now believe we have to speed up the appointment and get it done for Tuesday so the new manager can see what he has at Sheff Wed without the pressure of immediately getting a result.

Like it or not, the pressure is on the board now.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:55 - Aug 20 with 2018 viewsTrev

There's been quite a bit of competition, but that's one of the most moronic things I've read on here.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:55 - Aug 20 with 2010 viewsBleuRochdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:52 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

Fans don't sack the manager, and there's no way the board was going to sack Stockdale at the end of last season even with fan pressure

Why not? You didn't think it was bad enough last season? Not sure what you were watching?!
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:56 - Aug 20 with 1969 views49thseason

Oh, dear where to begin? Defenders who cant / wont defend, midfielders who give the ball away in critical areas, Hard to actually criticise the forwards because they are getting no service.
What could a new manager actually change when the squad is as thin as a tissue? Either too young or too old, some simply not good enough, what on earth were Stockdale and Shan thinking? The whole team is a mismatch lacking talent, endeavour, skill, resilience or even football basics.
This is turning into the biggest shit show I have witnessed in 63 seasons. and we are stuck with it for the foreseeable future. The new Board have been taken for a ride, whilst they were fighting off the takeover, Stockdale and Shan were playing a live game of Football Manager, presumably high on wonky drugs to think this is any way to play football.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:57 - Aug 20 with 1914 viewselectricblue

Relegation material 3 down....
Devoid of all confidence you can see it......

This is going to be hard for the board to find the right man now....
It is quite obvious these players cannot play a passing game.
The swindon commentators have said that a few times.....
And it pains me to say but they are spot on..
Square pegs round holes.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:57 - Aug 20 with 1913 viewsSunningDale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:47 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

There have been glimpses the squad has enough about it to get results. In the cold light of day there needs to be some analysis of it though.

The Tulloch signing has added further clutter to the forward area that is well stocked with Charman and Campbell to return - two players we paid money for.

The midfield is short. Ball is woefully out of form and needs a break, Kelly and Brierley aren’t impacting games.

The defence isn’t that bad, especially as Taylor is still to play and even Graham has done ok in his appearances so far.

The opportunities lie within how flexible the loans are. You’d hope most have clauses which allow them to return to parent clubs in a situation where they may not see game time, especially under a new manager. If so, Tulloch and Nelson could leave and we wouldn’t be any worse off. From there look to bring in a midfielder and a full back which would immediately give us more balance.

The defence is poor. We struggled last season with O'Connell, Dorsett, Downing and O'Keefe and they're twice the players this shower are.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:59 - Aug 20 with 1852 viewsCedar_Room

So is this our worst ever start to a season??
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:00 - Aug 20 with 1810 views442Dale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:57 - Aug 20 by SunningDale

The defence is poor. We struggled last season with O'Connell, Dorsett, Downing and O'Keefe and they're twice the players this shower are.

Not seen anything of today’s game, but apart from the obvious set piece issues, I think we’ve defended ok this season.

The big question has to be whether Seriki can play as a right back. If not, that’s another loan for a new manager to look at if they can.

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Aug 20 with 1774 viewsFrog

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:00 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Not seen anything of today’s game, but apart from the obvious set piece issues, I think we’ve defended ok this season.

The big question has to be whether Seriki can play as a right back. If not, that’s another loan for a new manager to look at if they can.

You're very lucky.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Aug 20 with 1775 viewsfourfourtwo

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:46 - Aug 20 by SunningDale

No. Stockdale just signed them all and has potentially created the worst Rochdale team in our 115 year history.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Aug 20 with 1775 viewsBleuRochdale

The fact I am on a fan's forum suggests I can read, but I appreciate your concern. I'll book myself into Specsavers next week and you send you the results.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Aug 20 with 1755 viewsmightydale

Why is it, it was obvious last season, the manger was clueless, you lot wanted to give him the summer
Surprise Surprise, you reap what you sow.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:02 - Aug 20 with 1752 viewsNigeriamark

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:56 - Aug 20 by 49thseason

Oh, dear where to begin? Defenders who cant / wont defend, midfielders who give the ball away in critical areas, Hard to actually criticise the forwards because they are getting no service.
What could a new manager actually change when the squad is as thin as a tissue? Either too young or too old, some simply not good enough, what on earth were Stockdale and Shan thinking? The whole team is a mismatch lacking talent, endeavour, skill, resilience or even football basics.
This is turning into the biggest shit show I have witnessed in 63 seasons. and we are stuck with it for the foreseeable future. The new Board have been taken for a ride, whilst they were fighting off the takeover, Stockdale and Shan were playing a live game of Football Manager, presumably high on wonky drugs to think this is any way to play football.

Finished 3-0. Although we let in 3 I would say our keeper was MOM by a mile. Can't think of anyone else who was even average. I think Hendo was offside 5 times in the second half which was almost the only time he was mentioned. 20 shots allowed with 10 on target to our 5 with zero on target. ripped to shreds once they got the second goal and it could have been more

Poor
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 2466 viewsBleuRochdale

Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:01 - Aug 20 by mightydale

Why is it, it was obvious last season, the manger was clueless, you lot wanted to give him the summer
Surprise Surprise, you reap what you sow.

I second this. To back Stockdale as much as we did during the summer was crazy, and then to sack him after just four games. We have brought this on ourselves.
Swindon Match Thread.. on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 2455 views49thseason

Swindon Match Thread.. on 16:57 - Aug 20 by electricblue

Relegation material 3 down....
Devoid of all confidence you can see it......

This is going to be hard for the board to find the right man now....
It is quite obvious these players cannot play a passing game.
The swindon commentators have said that a few times.....
And it pains me to say but they are spot on..
Square pegs round holes.......

If they cant pass the ball , how did they get to be footballers? Football coaches are to blame, they watch Manchester City and Liverpool and imagine everyone can play that way. L2 is all about physicality and hard work with splashes of inspiration. Pretending everyone is a highly technical player is simply magical thinking...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024