Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Braverman 12:27 - Oct 31 with 4541 viewsPatfromPoole

She’s presumably a Skate, yes?

Vile and on her way out, hopefully…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Braverman on 13:13 - Oct 31 with 3301 viewsSaintNick

What makes you think she is a skate aside from being the MP for Fareham, nothing in her biography to say she has any real connections with the place

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Braverman on 13:28 - Oct 31 with 3280 viewsdirk_doone

She's from North London. It's a toss up between her and Rees-Mogg as to who's the most extreme right wing MP. Both of them are utterly useless.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Braverman on 13:34 - Oct 31 with 3262 viewsPatfromPoole

Braverman on 13:13 - Oct 31 by SaintNick

What makes you think she is a skate aside from being the MP for Fareham, nothing in her biography to say she has any real connections with the place

If Skates were in the Prem, she would be seen regularly at the cesspit, desperate to be seen as some kind of relatable human being.

I’m expecting Sunak to turn up at our game on Sunday for similar reasons.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Braverman on 13:39 - Oct 31 with 3250 viewsdirk_doone

Braverman on 13:34 - Oct 31 by PatfromPoole

If Skates were in the Prem, she would be seen regularly at the cesspit, desperate to be seen as some kind of relatable human being.

I’m expecting Sunak to turn up at our game on Sunday for similar reasons.

She is my local MP and she has never made any attempt to be seen as a relatable human being. Fareham is such a safe Tory seat that she knows she doesn't need to bother. I certainly couldn't imagine her mixing with the plebs at a football match any more than I could envisage Rees-Mogg supporting Millwall.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 13:42]

Braverman on 13:52 - Oct 31 with 3216 viewsDorsetIan

Braverman and Rees-Mogg are both complete frauds. They will say literally anything. Self-serving and absolutely without principle, both of them.

The drag our political system down.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Braverman on 14:03 - Oct 31 with 3203 viewsRon11

Did anybody see Mordaunt say 'play up Pompey' in full view of the camera with no humour at all after Sunak had mentioned that he was a Saints supporter in the house?
She should be getting on with helping to save the country rather than making bitter comments just because the post she wanted wasn't allocated to her.
Braverman (n/t) on 16:20 - Oct 31 with 3085 viewsBazza

Braverman on 13:28 - Oct 31 by dirk_doone

She's from North London. It's a toss up between her and Rees-Mogg as to who's the most extreme right wing MP. Both of them are utterly useless.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 16:21]
Braverman on 17:00 - Oct 31 with 3043 viewsWestEndBoy

I am from fareham,she was just given a safe seat .she couldn’t even find fareham on a map.
Login to get fewer ads

Braverman on 17:01 - Oct 31 with 3039 viewsWestEndBoy

To be fair to her at least she was making the right noises about sorting some stuff out.whether it’s followed through with is another matter…
Braverman on 17:17 - Oct 31 with 3023 viewsdwayne_dibley

Braverman on 13:28 - Oct 31 by dirk_doone

interesting tossing contest

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Braverman on 17:53 - Oct 31 with 2988 viewssaint901

I do think that she is arrogant and right wing and is only in the Sunak administration because he needed a right winger to "unite" the party.

However it appears that she either really does think she is above the law and can do what she wants, or she really doesn't want to be Rishi's friend and is waiting to be kicked out so that she can run for leader herself.

It will be a dark day if that happens.
Braverman on 17:57 - Oct 31 with 2984 viewsDorsetIan

Braverman on 17:53 - Oct 31 by saint901

I do think that she is arrogant and right wing and is only in the Sunak administration because he needed a right winger to "unite" the party.

However it appears that she either really does think she is above the law and can do what she wants, or she really doesn't want to be Rishi's friend and is waiting to be kicked out so that she can run for leader herself.

It will be a dark day if that happens.

She got the votes of less than 10% of Tory MPs in the leadership election she stood in. Basically, all the headbangers.

She's got no chance of becoming leader. A short-lived Home Secretary (twice) will be the high point of her ministerial career.

Braverman on 18:26 - Oct 31 with 2947 viewskingslandstand1

Braverman on 17:01 - Oct 31 by WestEndBoy

To be fair to her at least she was making the right noises about sorting some stuff out.whether it’s followed through with is another matter…

Trouble is all politicians make the "right noises" and given time I think she may make some (little) headway with the migrant situation which really is getting out of hand now.

But to do that she's got to start persuading Macron that he needs to do something his side which ain't gonna be easy! I mean, I'm sure to get to our shores how many "safe" countries do they have to go through to get here?

But what is the solution to that one - don't recall Starmer coming up with a solution, or anybody else for that matter as all are bowing to the do-gooders
Braverman on 18:36 - Oct 31 with 2932 viewsDorsetIan

Braverman on 18:26 - Oct 31 by kingslandstand1

Trouble is all politicians make the "right noises" and given time I think she may make some (little) headway with the migrant situation which really is getting out of hand now.

But to do that she's got to start persuading Macron that he needs to do something his side which ain't gonna be easy! I mean, I'm sure to get to our shores how many "safe" countries do they have to go through to get here?

But what is the solution to that one - don't recall Starmer coming up with a solution, or anybody else for that matter as all are bowing to the do-gooders

Priti Patel came in guns a blazing saying she was going to sort it all out with her hardline approach.

Three years laters the numbers are through the roof.

Perhaps it's time to give the 'do-gooders' a try, because these clowns are just making the situation a thousand times worse.

Braverman on 18:59 - Oct 31 with 2917 viewsgrumpy

Braverman on 18:26 - Oct 31 by kingslandstand1

'But what is the solution to that one - don't recall Starmer coming up with a solution, or anybody else for that matter as all are bowing to the do-gooders'

The Tories have been in power for over 12 years, why are you asking Starmer what the solution is? I'm sure he has ideas on how to deal with it ,particularly with Yvette Cooper as shadow home secretary.
The Tories have a huge majority so getting them to adhere to anyone else's ideas would be a problem.
'bowing to the do-gooders' what do you mean be that?
The problem is with the Processing which has failed and that is down to this incredible inept Government,the sooner they go the better.
Braverman on 19:07 - Oct 31 with 2910 viewsBazza

Braverman on 18:59 - Oct 31 by grumpy

'But what is the solution to that one - don't recall Starmer coming up with a solution, or anybody else for that matter as all are bowing to the do-gooders'

The Tories have been in power for over 12 years, why are you asking Starmer what the solution is? I'm sure he has ideas on how to deal with it ,particularly with Yvette Cooper as shadow home secretary.
The Tories have a huge majority so getting them to adhere to anyone else's ideas would be a problem.
'bowing to the do-gooders' what do you mean be that?
The problem is with the Processing which has failed and that is down to this incredible inept Government,the sooner they go the better.

Grumps you don’t think that some of this is due to the lawyers who are using the law as interpreted by the ECHR to prohibit a quick turn round of economic migrants? Also perhaps the snail speed of our civil service process? Perhaps 40,000 asylum seekers would challenge any administration.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 19:16]
Braverman on 19:45 - Oct 31 with 2864 viewskingslandstand1

Braverman on 18:36 - Oct 31 by DorsetIan

Priti Patel came in guns a blazing saying she was going to sort it all out with her hardline approach.

Three years laters the numbers are through the roof.

Perhaps it's time to give the 'do-gooders' a try, because these clowns are just making the situation a thousand times worse.

Yes, but what are the solutions. Surely if Starmer is so keen to get in to no.10 he will need to persuade me that he has solutions that will work? He doesn't seem to come up with much.
I'm not in to my politics as much as you and a few others on here appear to be, mostly anti Tory, but I haven't done too badly under them thank you very much, and my worry (rightly or wrongly) is that the unions are starting to take over and will even more so should Labour get in
Braverman on 20:08 - Oct 31 with 2839 viewsprofessor_peach

Another inexperienced politician who seems not to be able to comprehend the situation. Stomping around like Verruca Salt and making unrealistic demands won't work.
If you cannot see or have no idea of what lies beyond your own political dogma then you are not a politician.
Blaming imaginary sectors of society such as the "wokerati" just emphasises a level of foolishness.

This is a global problem and thus needs an international solution.
Braverman on 20:55 - Oct 31 with 2804 viewsgrumpy

Braverman on 19:07 - Oct 31 by Bazza

Grumps you don’t think that some of this is due to the lawyers who are using the law as interpreted by the ECHR to prohibit a quick turn round of economic migrants? Also perhaps the snail speed of our civil service process? Perhaps 40,000 asylum seekers would challenge any administration.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 19:16]

I don't blame the ECHR for getting involved, after all that's what they are there for.
The ECHR are not part of the European Union.
I think the Professor is right when he said 'This is a global problem and thus needs an international solution'
Braverman on 22:00 - Oct 31 with 2741 viewsDorsetIan

Braverman on 19:45 - Oct 31 by kingslandstand1

Yes, but what are the solutions. Surely if Starmer is so keen to get in to no.10 he will need to persuade me that he has solutions that will work? He doesn't seem to come up with much.
I'm not in to my politics as much as you and a few others on here appear to be, mostly anti Tory, but I haven't done too badly under them thank you very much, and my worry (rightly or wrongly) is that the unions are starting to take over and will even more so should Labour get in

Well the Labour Party agrees that anyone who comes to the UK and has their asylum claim refused, should be deported.

But it's taking so long to process asylum claims that people are arriving far faster than the numbers can possibly be processed.

I'd have thought that that was a good place to start. Speed up the process and you might then have a chance of deporting people.

This whole Rwanda thing was meant to be about deterring people from coming, but if the people coming are assumed to know about the Rwanda policy, then they presumably also know about the processing delays and some will decide to take their chances.

I think it's all about the detail. Like an engineering project where you've just got to work out what's going to work. But that takes someone bright and Priti Patel was certainly not that. Braverman pretty dim too imo. And it also means that politicians have to stop grandstanding about it. But Braverman is only about grandstanding. That's all she knows.

Braverman on 23:22 - Oct 31 with 2684 viewsdirk_doone

Like most people, I didn't like Liz Truss but, at least she was honest about one thing. She said she wanted to increase immigration. One of the main things the Tory party's financial backers require from their governments is cheap labour and they found EU workers too exepensive. So, replacing them with cheap labour from Africa and Asia was always a mainstay of the hidden Brexit agenda.

Now the main areas for NHS recruitment are not the EU but Nigeria and Pakistan. The same applies in so many other sectors. My uncle was in a residential care home where the workers were mostly from Eastern Europe. Now, they are all new arrivals from Africa. I must admit I find them far moredifficult to understand over the phine than the Poles but I guess they are also much cheaper to employ.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 23:23]

Braverman on 03:27 - Nov 1 with 2634 viewsBerber

Sadly, it is a feature of the government that they have made many promises since Brexit that they have made little effort to keep. The new hospitals is a good benchmark, given how they say they are increasing NHS funding. They announce policies and initiatives that sound good (to them) but then move on to the next issue without taking any meaningful action. The Rwanda deal is a good case in point. The ministers and Secretaries of State appointed during Boris’s term in office were all notable for achieving nothing.

Sunak is in a rowboat, trying to tow a wayward and sinking tanker to safe haven. It isn’t going to happen.
Braverman on 08:09 - Nov 1 with 2538 viewskentsouthampton

We’ll here’s a chart for your theory that she’s competent or telling the truth

Arrivals (including dependents) did change substantially for a decade but the backlog in processing shot up. The last twelve months has seen an increase in arrivals but it still pales into insignificance against the backlog.

If we didn’t have the backlog we wouldn’t have the problems and would likely be able to cope with this summer’s increase.

Causes? Removing processing from countries of origin and generally defunding the system. All because they have refused to defend asylum as a valid and needed system of legal immigration for the most vulnerable and pandering to those who wish to portray all asylum seekers as rapists and terrorists.

The consequences of which has been to actually make it easier for rapists and terrorists to enter the country, whilst exponentially increasing the costs of the immigration system.

Their policy has literally been to save a penny to spend a pound.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 8:10]
Braverman on 08:56 - Nov 1 with 2504 viewssolent_toffee

Braverman on 08:09 - Nov 1 by kentsouthampton

We’ll here’s a chart for your theory that she’s competent or telling the truth

Arrivals (including dependents) did change substantially for a decade but the backlog in processing shot up. The last twelve months has seen an increase in arrivals but it still pales into insignificance against the backlog.

If we didn’t have the backlog we wouldn’t have the problems and would likely be able to cope with this summer’s increase.

Causes? Removing processing from countries of origin and generally defunding the system. All because they have refused to defend asylum as a valid and needed system of legal immigration for the most vulnerable and pandering to those who wish to portray all asylum seekers as rapists and terrorists.

The consequences of which has been to actually make it easier for rapists and terrorists to enter the country, whilst exponentially increasing the costs of the immigration system.

Their policy has literally been to save a penny to spend a pound.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 8:10]

Immigration policy in the UK has been a complete mess since the early nineties during the break up of the former Yugoslavia and hasn’t got better over the years.

Back then, there was a huge backlog and the then Home Secretary Michael Howard fast tracked tens of thousands of applicants to a positive decision giving leave to remain to loads of people from Romania, Poland and mainly Albania. This was certainly reflected in the applicants that I used to deal with when I first moved down here and worked with asylum seekers, meaning a load of resources in terms of time and money were spent on the wrong people.

Despite Labour being seen as a soft touch when it came to asylum seekers, they were actually fairly ruthless and brought in a number of inhumane processes.

This government just seem to be incompetent and dont appear to have a coherent strategy other than to sound aggressive with occasional sound bites to appease the Daily Express and Daily Mail brigade.

As others have said this is an international problem and should be dealt with accordingly. However you only have to see the attitude of citizens in relatively wealthy countries such as USA, UK and Australia to see that compassion is fairly short on the ground.
Braverman on 09:25 - Nov 1 with 2487 viewsgrumpy

One of the problems if not the main one is that the Tories have spent too much time talking about themselves and not getting on with their jobs.
Cabinet members have playing musical chairs while the country has been in chaos.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024