Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you like or even love about England 18:28 - Nov 17 with 1941 viewsKeithHaynes

For me, the proper pubs, the welcome in the north and the identity of the regions.

Go –>

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Things you like or even love about England on 18:48 - Nov 17 with 1434 viewsBoundy

We Look, speak ( regional variations of course included ) a common language, beautiful countryside and coastal areas ,fantastic scenery a shared history, common values .Everyone's friendly .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Things you like or even love about England on 19:30 - Nov 17 with 1400 viewsGixerJack

Not living there 😂🤣😂
Things you like or even love about England on 19:38 - Nov 17 with 1392 viewsScotia

London.

The greatest city on Earth. Nowhere comes close.
Things you like or even love about England on 19:56 - Nov 17 with 1376 viewsonehunglow

The sense of humour of northern people.
We don’t live in Coronation Stbtyoe land but it’s hard to go to a public place without somebody chatting .
This morning, we went swimming and a chap in his late seventies ,but very fit,starting chatting to my missus ,” do you come every day “ ….
Over in Liverpool,try walking into a pub on your own and being ignored l
Somebody will either want to be your chum or smash you in the face ,or both.

The north east.. Gods country. Stunning landscape ,huge skies and full on nutters for people.

East Anglia..ok it’s almost Holland but big skies ,spectacular sunrises and endless beaches

The Lakes … buff said

The Marches …history,culture ,and a land of contrasts .

England accepts all types . Wonderful land

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Things you like or even love about England on 20:23 - Nov 17 with 1361 viewsDr_Winston

The Wye Valley

Visiting London (but not living there)

The big chunks of my family from there

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Things you like or even love about England on 20:26 - Nov 17 with 1363 viewsunion_jack

The SW particularly Cornwall where I spent my early years are magical to me.

Also London where I spent several years living and working. As someone else said, there’s no other city like it.

And Cambridge and its surrounding areas. Flat but great place to live.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Things you like or even love about England on 20:34 - Nov 17 with 1356 viewsWingstandwood

A country revered worldwide for its inventors, its scientists, its authors, its contribution to music, its historic buildings, its capital city etc.

Oh and last but not least its (international) language which is the most spoken language in entire the world.

Argus!

Things you like or even love about England on 20:34 - Nov 17 with 1349 viewslifelong

Things you like or even love about England on 20:23 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

The Wye Valley

Visiting London (but not living there)

The big chunks of my family from there

I also like the Wye Valley, especially when driving through it you come across the road sign ‘Welcome to Wales’ 😁
Login to get fewer ads

Things you like or even love about England on 21:03 - Nov 17 with 1331 viewsmax936

Things you like or even love about England on 20:34 - Nov 17 by lifelong

I also like the Wye Valley, especially when driving through it you come across the road sign ‘Welcome to Wales’ 😁

Got a wicked streak in you, you have Lifey

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Things you like or even love about England on 21:04 - Nov 17 with 1326 viewsCatullus

it up North and I like Devon and Cornwall, London to visit but not to stay. I am not keen any large city, London, Mancland, even Liverpool, ok to visit but I coudn't live there. Anywhere with rolling green countryside is great though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Things you like or even love about England on 21:34 - Nov 17 with 1299 viewsSirjohnalot

Northern humour. Love ripping the crap into each other up here. Brilliant stuff. Mancs are ace
Things you like or even love about England on 21:41 - Nov 17 with 1285 viewsKeithHaynes

Things you like or even love about England on 21:34 - Nov 17 by Sirjohnalot

Northern humour. Love ripping the crap into each other up here. Brilliant stuff. Mancs are ace

When Harry Enfield ripped the piss out of scousers with the hair and moustache the very fact that they embraced it says a lot.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Things you like or even love about England on 21:45 - Nov 17 with 1283 viewsCatullus

Things you like or even love about England on 21:34 - Nov 17 by Sirjohnalot

Last Saturday in Huddersfield, I got the usual sheep stuff from an old guy at the bar, he said you'll like it in Yorkshire, plenty of sheep, I said we have something in commn and he laughed, there was a bit more craic with him, his mate and the barmaid. Then the fella helped me carry my drinks back to our table.

Being able to laugh, specially at yourself, the English can do it too. Well they can oop North!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Things you like or even love about England on 23:33 - Nov 17 with 1236 viewsbuilthjack

The road out

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Things you like or even love about England on 08:39 - Nov 18 with 1187 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

A few favourites

Walking the Northumberland coast and crossing to Lindisfarne
A good play at the Bristol Old Vic
Preserved historic pubs e.g. The Eagle and Child in Oxford
The Brixton Acadamy
Camping on Dartmoor
Walking around Ullswater and taking the steamer back
Saturday at the Lord's Test
The V and A Museum
The Curry Mile in Manchester
Evensong at Canterbury Cathedral

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Things you like or even love about England on 09:48 - Nov 18 with 1174 views1983

Dorset

The coastline, the little towns and villages, the countryside, the good weather England's best kept secret.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 9:50]

Things you like or even love about England on 10:02 - Nov 18 with 1159 viewsSandanista

Things you like or even love about England on 08:39 - Nov 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

A few favourites

The Brixton Acadamy
Camping on Dartmoor
The V and A Museum

Some good choices there.

Slightly disappointed in the V & A, but love the NHM and Science Museums and if around Trafalgar Square always make 30 minute for the National Portrait Gallery. The fact they are free is a great thing.

The Eagle & Child I'm not so keen on, though that's a personal choice. For me 'The Bell" at Aldworth up high on the downs of the Berkshire/Oxfordshire border would be my choice. The Lamb in Conduit Street in London-but we get the idea

Nor done Ullswater but the Steam Gondola or Coniston is great too.

Brixton Academy brings back some great memories-The Smiths, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Pixies, Cocteau Twins..... And a can of Red Stripe from the bar.

Northumbria coast is amazing-we had a week in Alnmouth a few years back.
Things you like or even love about England on 10:35 - Nov 18 with 1150 viewsonehunglow

Things you like or even love about England on 08:39 - Nov 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

A few favourites

The Brixton Acadamy
Camping on Dartmoor
The V and A Museum

I got the tides wrong up there

Things you like or even love about England on 10:48 - Nov 18 with 1134 viewsunion_jack

England knocks spots off Wales when it comes to man-made. Houses, real estate generally are far more beautiful in England as a rule. Not surprising in fairness given the historical wealth compared with Wales.

Natural beauty in Wales of course is on a par with with England but I’d say is second, only just, to Scotland.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Things you like or even love about England on 10:59 - Nov 18 with 1126 viewsonehunglow

Things you like or even love about England on 10:48 - Nov 18 by union_jack

England knocks spots off Wales when it comes to man-made. Houses, real estate generally are far more beautiful in England as a rule. Not surprising in fairness given the historical wealth compared with Wales.

Natural beauty in Wales of course is on a par with with England but I’d say is second, only just, to Scotland.

I also believe the English up north are more friendly than th3 Welsh ,many of whom can be insular,introspective and plain rude to visitors.,especially up north in the language heartlands .Welsh are too sentimental ,as is clear on here. We all suffer from it .

There is no language barrier in England although the form of English varies greatly

Things you like or even love about England on 11:34 - Nov 18 with 1122 viewsSandanista

Things you like or even love about England on 10:48 - Nov 18 by union_jack

Take away castles and you would have to agree. Civic buildings in Wales are rather small beer. A few nice buildings in Cathays Park and the Brangwyn hall rather pale against the ancient cities of Bath, York and Chester or the temples of industry in Northern England- Just 2 examples-Liverpool and Bradford (including Saltaire) may have suffered economically in recent decades, but by god their 19th and early 20th century architecture is marvellous.
Things you like or even love about England on 11:40 - Nov 18 with 1119 viewsSandanista

Things you like or even love about England on 10:35 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

I got the tides wrong up there

If you get it wrong twice you have to stay. Brother Hunglow
Things you like or even love about England on 11:47 - Nov 18 with 1118 viewsgadgetuk

Things you like or even love about England on 11:34 - Nov 18 by Sandanista

Take away castles and you would have to agree. Civic buildings in Wales are rather small beer. A few nice buildings in Cathays Park and the Brangwyn hall rather pale against the ancient cities of Bath, York and Chester or the temples of industry in Northern England- Just 2 examples-Liverpool and Bradford (including Saltaire) may have suffered economically in recent decades, but by god their 19th and early 20th century architecture is marvellous.

Having lived on the south london/surrey borders for over 25 years I have developed an appreciation for England, and its people. I have worked around the UK and found Birmingham to be exceptionally friendly, as were the people of Leeds. Manchester was interesting but I saw too many punch ups to say I'd ever return.
Bristol is a lovely city but some of the people there are (imo) strange.
I recently visited the new forest and surrounding areas, lovely place.
I rarely go into London itself, I find it incredibly overpriced, that said the Museums are amazing.
To be negative of England would be ridiculous - my kids are english, my wife is english. I have a good job, a nice house, the country has been good to me.
I still suffer from Hiraeth, and would move back home in an instant.
Things you like or even love about England on 12:05 - Nov 18 with 1106 viewsTogg

I very rarely go north of the Midlands. Love York though, fantastic city. The Cotswolds some of the most picturesque villages you will see. Herefordshire Gloucestershire , Worcestershire, lovely landscape.
Devon and Cornwall of course. I find the people all very friendly in these areas and to be honest, I have far more in common with them than any Gogg.
The weather tends to be drier to. Especially the further east you go.
Things you like or even love about England on 12:48 - Nov 18 with 1093 viewsonehunglow

Things you like or even love about England on 11:40 - Nov 18 by Sandanista

If you get it wrong twice you have to stay. Brother Hunglow

We drove ove4 the causeway then then noticed th high tide was different to that which I re@d ,wrongly.
We drove straight back and missus gave me hell.
Wen5 next day 5iugh and got to the castle. Fantastic and the great film noir Cul de Sac was filmed.
I felt Donald Pleasance spirit move me .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024