Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland gender recognition law. 15:00 - Dec 21 with 12477 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland appears likely to pass controversial gender reforms which would make it easier for transgender people to change their recorded gender.

The Gender Recognition Reform (Scotland) Bill will remove the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria in order to receive a gender recognition certificate (GRC).

It would also lower the minimum age for applicants to 16 and reduce the time required for an applicant to live in their acquired gender from two years to three months (or six for people aged 16 and 17) - though there will be a three-month reflection period.

MSPs will consider the last of the 153 amendments lodged at stage three of the bill after a marathon session of parliament yesterday, before a final vote this afternoon.

How long before Drakeford and the Senedd folow suit ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:41 - Dec 21 with 1361 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:59 - Dec 21 by Fireboy2

I do have an opinion and it is live and let live, this topic has been taken to the dark ages by the usual crew of easily to upset brigade, you look at the topics heading and you know who is going to post spouting their angst.

To answer your questions , i'm not bothered about prisoners male or female identifying as the opposite as I or any of my family are in prison, its upto the powers that be to sort it.

Sport, that's different, I believe if you were born a man you shouldn't be allowed to compete as a female, even after the change and hormonal treatment as they would obviously have an advantage, different for a woman competing as a man as they are on a loser from the start.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if a woman identifying as a man went into the same toilets as my boys or vice versa for my wife, as they always use the cubicles, you do know there are first world countries who have unisex toilets don't you?

Isnt that good debate flash 😉

It might not bother you or your wife, but it would me, and I know my wife wouldn't like it either, plus a lot of other people feel the same, that's without all the other dilemma's this legislation will bring, if passed.

With regard at expecting to know which posters will respond to certain topics, that is very true, you do exactly the same, only when you do it it's an opinion, when someone else responds to something you disagree with it's "spouting their angst"

BTW, I do know that other countries have unisex toilets, you do know that the discussion is about legislation in Scotland don't you ?

Hello

Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:14 - Dec 21 with 1307 viewsonehunglow

I do have an opinion and it is live and let live, this topic has been taken to the dark ages by the usual crew of easily to upset brigade, you look at the topics heading and you know who is going to post spouting their angst.

To answer your questions , i'm not bothered about prisoners male or female identifying as the opposite as I or any of my family are in prison, its upto the powers that be to sort it.

Sport, that's different, I believe if you were born a man you shouldn't be allowed to compete as a female, even after the change and hormonal treatment as they would obviously have an advantage, different for a woman competing as a man as they are on a loser from the start.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if a woman identifying as a man went into the same toilets as my boys or vice versa for my wife, as they always use the cubicles, you do know there are first world countries who have unisex toilets don't you?

Live and let live.

Think about that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:18 - Dec 21 with 1297 viewsbritferry

nothing new, their men have been wearing those funny skirts for centuries

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:20 - Dec 21 with 1294 viewsBryanSwan

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:41 - Dec 21 by Flashberryjack

It might not bother you or your wife, but it would me, and I know my wife wouldn't like it either, plus a lot of other people feel the same, that's without all the other dilemma's this legislation will bring, if passed.

With regard at expecting to know which posters will respond to certain topics, that is very true, you do exactly the same, only when you do it it's an opinion, when someone else responds to something you disagree with it's "spouting their angst"

BTW, I do know that other countries have unisex toilets, you do know that the discussion is about legislation in Scotland don't you ?

Have to agree with you there, there is no way i would be comfortable with my partner or daughter having to share a restroom with a bloke.
My opinion on it is pretty simple, people can call themselves whatever they want if it makes them happy. But at the end of the day biology is not something that is up for debate.

If providing an extra non gender specific restroom to accomodate these people is required or specific segragated prison facilities etc then crack on with that.
A woman identifying as a man going into a mans prison would be putting themselves in danger.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:21 - Dec 21 with 1293 viewsonehunglow

Fire boy fails to understand he does not speak for millions ,who are reviled by this made worse when they get peters for thinking as people did in an area when we werent so pitifully weak.

To think unlike that which now prevails is not vile

Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:30 - Dec 21 with 1287 viewsFireboy2

I do know it's about Scotland but my point was about you going about toilets, would you be offended if you were in the USA and you had to use a unisex toilet?

You are correct flash, I do post my opinion on topics that interest me and I wouldn't normally post on this topic but i saw the usual dark aged stick in the mud types venting their spleen I felt that I had to post my opinion.

I'm not a young, leftie, hippy type, I'm a down the middle normal middle aged hard working bloke who takes people as they find them, no matter who they are or who they want to be, as long as they treat me well I will reciprocate.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:37 - Dec 21 with 1243 viewsFlashberryjack

Imagine unisex toilets at the Liberty.

Hello

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:42 - Dec 21 with 1239 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:49 - Dec 21 with 1231 viewsBoundy

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:37 - Dec 21 by Flashberryjack

Imagine unisex toilets at the Liberty.

and imagine the outcry , as sometimes happens someone opens the door of a cubicle and a member of the opposite sex is doing his or her business then imagine the howls .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:55 - Dec 21 with 1206 viewsraynor94

Sorry, I'm getting on a bit, but I'm no dinosaur but I find the idea of unisex toilets an absolute no no.

99% most probably would use the facilities correctly, but the other 1%, the mind boggles.

I certainly know my wife wouldn't use one, and I wouldn't feel comfortable either

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:00 - Dec 21 with 1183 viewsSirjohnalot

In a week where I’ve lost three colleagues. I’ll just add this.

Try to be kind.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:06 - Dec 21 with 1167 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:55 - Dec 21 by raynor94

Sorry, I'm getting on a bit, but I'm no dinosaur but I find the idea of unisex toilets an absolute no no.

99% most probably would use the facilities correctly, but the other 1%, the mind boggles.

I certainly know my wife wouldn't use one, and I wouldn't feel comfortable either

Surely if the toilets are unisex there won't be urinals, can you imagine the queue for the cubicle, without the thought of some guy with a bad aim p*ssing all over the toilet seat.

Or would it be urinals for men, and the cubicles for women and guys that want to take a dump.

The mind boggles, no pun intended.

Hello

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:23 - Dec 21 with 1153 viewsScotia

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:06 - Dec 21 by Flashberryjack

Surely if the toilets are unisex there won't be urinals, can you imagine the queue for the cubicle, without the thought of some guy with a bad aim p*ssing all over the toilet seat.

Or would it be urinals for men, and the cubicles for women and guys that want to take a dump.

The mind boggles, no pun intended.

In my office the accessible toilets are now unisex, there are still male and female toilets too.

In fact I work with a transgender man who uses the male toilet but, for obvious reasons, goes in the cubicle.

It works well.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:24 - Dec 21 with 1153 viewspencoedjack

Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:20 - Dec 21 by BryanSwan

Have to agree with you there, there is no way i would be comfortable with my partner or daughter having to share a restroom with a bloke.
My opinion on it is pretty simple, people can call themselves whatever they want if it makes them happy. But at the end of the day biology is not something that is up for debate.

If providing an extra non gender specific restroom to accomodate these people is required or specific segragated prison facilities etc then crack on with that.
A woman identifying as a man going into a mans prison would be putting themselves in danger.

Top post

I also agree with Flash.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:27 - Dec 21 with 1149 viewspencoedjack

On a side note the bloke who is now a bird being interviewed on the BBC news really needs to make a bit more effort.

Even in my younger days I wouldn’t have tried after 10 pints.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:29 - Dec 21 with 1144 viewsBoundy

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:23 - Dec 21 by Scotia

In my office the accessible toilets are now unisex, there are still male and female toilets too.

In fact I work with a transgender man who uses the male toilet but, for obvious reasons, goes in the cubicle.

It works well.

what part works well ?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:33 - Dec 21 with 1142 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

You've drawn your line, other people draw it in different places. My wife would like to have safe women's places for genetic/biological women, that is how she'd like to live. I understand her point of view and I understand yours.
Public figures who feel the same way as my wife get called all-sorts and in extreme cases get sent death threats. That's the same intolerant behaviour that the extreme progressives claim to abhor, the hypocrisy is obvious. It's where the argument gets lost.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 22:41]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Scotland gender recognition law. on 06:37 - Dec 22 with 1077 viewsScotia

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:29 - Dec 21 by Boundy

what part works well ?

Everyone is happy with the situation.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 09:07 - Dec 22 with 1045 viewsBoundy

Scotland gender recognition law. on 06:37 - Dec 22 by Scotia

Everyone is happy with the situation.

As it should be , I imagine there are boundaries of common decency by all concerned ,the problems arise in society when those boundaries are ignored by those with ulterior motives and imo those who approve of kids being taken to drags shows need to review their thinking and standards of morality

Scotland gender recognition law. on 09:15 - Dec 22 with 1043 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scotland can pass as many bills as it likes still does not alter a basic biological fact.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 10:23 - Dec 22 with 1022 viewsonehunglow

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:55 - Dec 21 by raynor94

You speak for the vast majority
Our genders are defined by how and where we have ablutions .

This is a dangerous slope

Scotland gender recognition law. on 10:28 - Dec 22 with 1020 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/final-vote-on-gender-recognition-reform-b

People charged with a sexual offence can apply! What is going on?

Meanwhile, a push by another SNP MSP to ensure applications are paused if an applicant is charged with a sexual offence until their case is disposed of divided members by 61 votes to 61 — as is customary deputy presiding officer Liam McArthur used his casting vote against the change.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 10:29]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Scotland gender recognition law. on 11:55 - Dec 22 with 1001 viewsraynor94

Scotland gender recognition law. on 10:28 - Dec 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/final-vote-on-gender-recognition-reform-b

People charged with a sexual offence can apply! What is going on?

Meanwhile, a push by another SNP MSP to ensure applications are paused if an applicant is charged with a sexual offence until their case is disposed of divided members by 61 votes to 61 — as is customary deputy presiding officer Liam McArthur used his casting vote against the change.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 10:29]

The Lunatics are taking over the Asylum

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Scotland gender recognition law. on 13:13 - Dec 22 with 980 viewsGwyn737

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:42 - Dec 21 by Wingstandwood

I’d describe myself as a bit of a leftie but I’m against a lot of the gender reassignment gubbins.

However, what an awful piece of television. Linking transgender people to sex offenders is disgusting.

There was a couple of really good threads on here about our free press and confirmation bias (which ironically someone called brainwashing when it’s the polar opposite), an then we have GB news or Geebeebies.

I don’t like the Mail or the Express but I’ve no issue at all with them existing- in fact they have done some really good things.

Geebeebies can get in the sea. Poison.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 15:35 - Dec 22 with 929 viewsunion_jack

Scotland gender recognition law. on 13:13 - Dec 22 by Gwyn737

I’d describe myself as a bit of a leftie but I’m against a lot of the gender reassignment gubbins.

However, what an awful piece of television. Linking transgender people to sex offenders is disgusting.

There was a couple of really good threads on here about our free press and confirmation bias (which ironically someone called brainwashing when it’s the polar opposite), an then we have GB news or Geebeebies.

I don’t like the Mail or the Express but I’ve no issue at all with them existing- in fact they have done some really good things.

Geebeebies can get in the sea. Poison.

Geebeebies😂😂😂

Very good.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024