Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NJ 20:16 - Jan 4 with 9345 viewsScoot

He has to go. Thoughts please

Poll: Should NJ go?

NJ on 22:21 - Jan 4 with 3352 viewsScoot

Watch this. Simon Jordan explains why we got Jones & why he's on a 4 1/2 deal. He's mates with David Croaker. It was never a football decision & as much as SJ annoys me he is in the circle piissing out.

NJ on 22:21 - Jan 4 with 3349 viewsScoot

NJ on 22:21 - Jan 4 by Scoot

Watch this. Simon Jordan explains why we got Jones & why he's on a 4 1/2 deal. He's mates with David Croaker. It was never a football decision & as much as SJ annoys me he is in the circle piissing out.

NJ on 00:21 - Jan 5 with 3172 viewsdarthvader

NJ on 21:55 - Jan 4 by Bison

We would of won easily tonight if Ralph was still manager.

I agree.

keep the faith coyr

NJ on 00:22 - Jan 5 with 3171 viewsdarthvader

NJ on 00:21 - Jan 5 by darthvader

I agree.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marcelo-gallardo/profil/trainer/19885

Can we get this chap in. If He is available still ?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 0:23]

keep the faith coyr

NJ on 06:28 - Jan 5 with 3041 viewscocklebreath

NJ on 22:21 - Jan 4 by Scoot

Croaker has left hasn’t he?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

NJ on 07:33 - Jan 5 with 2964 viewsCapt_Koons

NJ on 21:32 - Jan 4 by Bison

They reacted and gave the fans what they wanted , Ralphs head on a platter.

When the fans were rightly saying Ralph had taken us as far as he could and needed to go, they presumed, wrongly as it turned out, that Semmens and SR would get in someone better. Don't blame the fans for this debacle.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

NJ on 09:27 - Jan 5 with 2892 viewsMytchettSaint

NJ on 07:33 - Jan 5 by Capt_Koons

When the fans were rightly saying Ralph had taken us as far as he could and needed to go, they presumed, wrongly as it turned out, that Semmens and SR would get in someone better. Don't blame the fans for this debacle.

Whole heartedly agree with you.

This is a cluster f@ck of an appointment.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

NJ on 09:30 - Jan 5 with 2879 viewssaint22

NJ on 09:27 - Jan 5 by MytchettSaint

Whole heartedly agree with you.

This is a cluster f@ck of an appointment.

quite simply it was the cheapest option, pay peanuts get monkeys

We never pay the asking price for anyone and thats why we are where we are

We may be better off in the Champ but lets fight a bit please
I think the players se NJ for the fool he is and cannot be fU ck3d

And who can blame them
Login to get fewer ads

NJ on 09:32 - Jan 5 with 2877 viewsSonicBoom

You know it's bad when Adam Blackmore and Jo Tessem are questioning the team selection and the tactics on Radio Solent during the game....
NJ on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 2866 viewsMytchettSaint

NJ on 09:32 - Jan 5 by SonicBoom

You know it's bad when Adam Blackmore and Jo Tessem are questioning the team selection and the tactics on Radio Solent during the game....

Jo Tessem sounded stunned last night.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

NJ on 12:02 - Jan 7 with 2668 viewsHollywood56

The manager of our local team, Badshott Lea could do a better job than that idiot that we've got in charge now.
NJ on 13:13 - Jan 7 with 2592 viewsmushinexile

Oh, come on; cut thhe guy some slack. It is his last PL appointment, after all.
NJ on 07:54 - Jan 9 with 2483 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Why ?

LIKE I ALWAYS SAY .... WHO would you choose ?  1, That is available . 2 Is affordable 3. Has the experience . 4. Will definitely turn Saints fortunes around? .... Or would you rather an unknown foreign manager SAY an Argentinian guy -- WHO sounded wonderful -  BUT soon found that he had no clue whatsoever .... who nearly got us relegated ....... Or give a British guy a chance ............ Like I say -  give the guy a chance !!!!!  EASY TO SACK ! SACK ! SACK.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

NJ on 11:26 - Jan 9 with 2420 viewsmushinexile

Regarding point 2: affordable. It makes a big difference to both availability and competence. Ya pays peanuts ...
NJ on 13:53 - Jan 9 with 2378 viewspjt50

NJ on 07:54 - Jan 9 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Why ?

LIKE I ALWAYS SAY .... WHO would you choose ?  1, That is available . 2 Is affordable 3. Has the experience . 4. Will definitely turn Saints fortunes around? .... Or would you rather an unknown foreign manager SAY an Argentinian guy -- WHO sounded wonderful -  BUT soon found that he had no clue whatsoever .... who nearly got us relegated ....... Or give a British guy a chance ............ Like I say -  give the guy a chance !!!!!  EASY TO SACK ! SACK ! SACK.

It's not down to us to choose the manager. Semmens told us that the club was constantly scouting for a replacement to take over from Hasenhuttl when the time came. Not all candidates would have been available in November, but it's hard to believe that the process turned up Jones as the best option from the rest.

As for giving him a chance, time is something we don't have. A mid-season appointment of an inexperienced manager and his even less experienced coaching staff represents a massive risk for the club.

Although playing in the Championship has a certain appeal, relegation would have a huge impact — on not just the the first team but the academy, the women's team, the charity work and the rest.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

NJ on 15:54 - Jan 9 with 2327 viewsDorsetIan

NJ on 13:53 - Jan 9 by pjt50

It's not down to us to choose the manager. Semmens told us that the club was constantly scouting for a replacement to take over from Hasenhuttl when the time came. Not all candidates would have been available in November, but it's hard to believe that the process turned up Jones as the best option from the rest.

As for giving him a chance, time is something we don't have. A mid-season appointment of an inexperienced manager and his even less experienced coaching staff represents a massive risk for the club.

Although playing in the Championship has a certain appeal, relegation would have a huge impact — on not just the the first team but the academy, the women's team, the charity work and the rest.

If playing in the Championship guaranteed more wins and exciting times in the play-offs or with promotion, then I could see the attraction.

It doesn't.

We in the PL and we need to try to stay in - if only because trying to avoid relegation is what you do if you're in a league.

There are 8 teams at the bottom who are averaging a point a game or less. It's not am impossible task to finish above three of them...if we've got the players and the right man in charge.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

NJ on 23:02 - Jan 9 with 2231 viewsNewdawn2014

I am worried that he will stay , he does not like to be challenged in his interviews, gets defensive , a bit Mark Hughes ! is it a welsh thing ?
NJ on 01:28 - Jan 10 with 2191 viewsScoot

NJ on 22:12 - Jan 4 by Bison

NJ just said in his interview

I know they are a counter attacking team so if you risk square balls or BALLS INTO THE MIDFIELD ........

Well that explains why Bazuma booted it every time , maybe play more midfielders rather than 5 defenders Nat

He's an idiot. I'm fed up with him telling us how great he was when things were going right and how it's everybody else's fault when it goes wrong. He keeps saying "to be fair" & "with the greatest of respect" idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Whenever he's walked to a club it's been to turn results around. Tell the Stoke fans that.

NJ on 08:08 - Jan 10 with 2081 viewssaint22

NJ on 01:28 - Jan 10 by Scoot

He's an idiot. I'm fed up with him telling us how great he was when things were going right and how it's everybody else's fault when it goes wrong. He keeps saying "to be fair" & "with the greatest of respect" idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Whenever he's walked to a club it's been to turn results around. Tell the Stoke fans that.

Also comparing us to Man City because they played one long ball last week
FFS
NJ on 10:19 - Jan 10 with 2006 viewskentsouthampton

NJ on 01:28 - Jan 10 by Scoot

He has turned results around, albeit in the wrong direction. We used to win occasionally and since he turned that around we don't win at all.
NJ on 16:03 - Jan 10 with 1923 viewssledger

i am not saying he would be my choice of manager but if the players didnt keep making dumb ass mistakes we wouldnt be near the bottom 3,they need to sort themselves out or ship out
NJ on 17:06 - Jan 10 with 1891 viewsHeisenberg

Jones hasn’t played or managed anyone that inspires players and the fans. Saints needed an experienced leader to inspire the club not a punt on someone who has done ok at a much lower level. I hope I am wrong but it’s clear that Jones is out of his depth and is tactically inept. It’s a poor appointment.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

NJ on 18:01 - Jan 10 with 1832 viewsDorsetIan

NJ on 17:06 - Jan 10 by Heisenberg

Jones hasn’t played or managed anyone that inspires players and the fans. Saints needed an experienced leader to inspire the club not a punt on someone who has done ok at a much lower level. I hope I am wrong but it’s clear that Jones is out of his depth and is tactically inept. It’s a poor appointment.

It's funny how these things go.

Pretty much everyone had concluded that he was out of his depth after the Forest game, but winning the Palace game has thrown a spanner in the works of that firm conclusion.

My suspicion is that Palace has really changed nothing and that we'll find that out tomorrow and on Saturday afternoon.

It's something that the owners need to come to a conclusion on pretty quickly. If he is out of his depth, we haven't got time for him to learn on the job, while we continue to lose games.

And if someone else needs to come in, then get them in before the end of January so that they've got some chance to shape the team a bit for the rest of the season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

NJ on 18:48 - Jan 10 with 1798 viewsgrumpy

We appear to have bought a couple of good players,but I'm not sure I trust Jones with them.
NJ on 10:49 - Jan 11 with 1503 viewsHeisenberg

Jones yesterday about the challenge at Saints ‘I am a born again Christian and I believe everything is Gods will. I’m not quite in the lions den yet but it’s part of being a manager’. Ffs

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024